Doubles Conquest -- Congratulations Pwnemon!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
(shameless copy from the RU one who copied from the NU one)

What has the world come to? There is only one of each strong Pokemon left!

Background:

This challenge is survival war in which everyone is aiming to “collect every good Doubles Pokemon left.” There is only one of each Pokemon from the Doubles Viability Ranking’s D-S tier left. To start, these Pokemon will be divided up randomly and distributed to the registered battlers. You can gain control of others’ Pokemon by defeating them in Standard Doubles battles.

Challenges:

I am going to start off this challenge trusting the Doubles tier’s maturity and competitiveness by allowing players to challenge others at any time they want (The goal is to snatch them all). This means that all active participants should hang out as much as they can on #doubles or post what times each day they are available in the comments below. You cannot refuse a challenge unless you have a good reason. Three days without activity results in banishment. If any trouble occurs from johning or reluctance in general, please contact me; we won’t hesitate to remove you, and your Pokemon will go to the tattler J. If anything gets too out of hand, I can randomize matchups and this gets a lot more boring.

When making a challenge, both players are allowed a few minutes to teambuild around the other’s Pokemon. For example, if someone has all grass-types for some reason, and the challenger has a Moltres, they will need to be pretty creative to beat them (ex: focus sash HP Rock amoonguss). All players and their current Pokemon will be displayed on a chart below (will be made after registration) that will be updated as frequently as I can.
Before each match starts, both players will declare what TWO Pokemon of the other’s that they desire (this number might be raised as opponents fall). These are what you are fighting over. After a match, I expect both players to comment on this forum stating who won and what two Pokemon were transferred. I also encourage you to post replays for our entertainment.

There is an unlimited supply of E-Ranked Pokemon to your disposal. When you are all out of S-D Ranked Pokemon you are out of the challenge.
If victor of a battle wants an immediate rematch (to pick on easy prey), the loser is entitled to reject the challenge for 24 hours for recuperation/preparation before they have to accept the next challenge.
LAST MAN STANDING WINS!

(Will close once response dies and/or too many sign-ups)
17/gogogogogo
Blankzero committed suicide! :D
Mizuhime Is out ;~;
Magical Magmortar Timed out :(
Blarajan
Deoxys-A Dusknoir Rhyperior Kingdra Musharna Whimsicott Bronzong Swampert
Atomicllamas Espeon Hippowdon
PwneWIN Vaporeon Donphan Escavalier Latias Heracross Starmie Ursaring Manaphy Slowking Abomasnow Conkeldurr Thundurus \o/ woo~~~
Nollan Infernape Magnezone Ninetails Hitmontop Metagross Scizor Cofagrigus Landorus Kyurem-B Suicune
Audiosurfer Gliscor Shaymin-S Salamence Victini Keldeo Empoleon Ambipom Marowak Darkrai Aerodactyl
The Leprechaun Is out ;~;
ShakeItUp Timed out :(
Scorpedestroyer
Lapras Typhlosion Heatran Charizard Jirachi Genesect
Level 51 Is out ;~;
Laga Timed out :(
Breh
Dusclops Nidoking Latios Tornadus Hitmonlee Zapdos Chandelure Jellicent Terrakion Bisharp
Nozzle Treecko Porygon-Z Blaziken Reuniclus Manectric Chansey Dragonite Lucario Volcarona
Polop Is out ;~;
Celever
Shuckle Jolteon

Last edited by a moderator:

Celever

i am town
20:47 Celever It works so I give everyone x number of pokemon (haven't decided yet)
20:47 Celever THey challenge themselves
20:47 Celever And they know who ahs what pokemon
20:47 Celever So if someone has cress and you want cress you can challenge them
20:47 Celever But if you lose you lose some of your mons too

Brief explanation via irc although I thought the OP explained it fine that sums it up well lol.

Last edited:
In, tho tbh this name gets confused with "Doubles Ladder Conquest" :x

-EDIT-
Maybe "Doubles Survival Conquest"? lol I dunno

Celever

i am town
I think this is most of the people who would want to do it but I will leave sign-ups open for roughly 48 more hours (it will probably be a little longer because I like to sleep....) so sign uo before then!

The title is misleading (at least from my view), I would call it something that points out that it is a tournament more obviously, to catch people's attention. Maybe "Smogon Doubles Survival Tournament", something obvious like that (my fairly nub advice anyways).

Celever

i am town
The title is misleading (at least from my view), I would call it something that points out that it is a tournament more obviously, to catch people's attention. Maybe "Smogon Doubles Survival Tournament", something obvious like that (my fairly nub advice anyways).
It's not really a tournament and look into any other sub-forum (besides OU) this project is called "conquest".

ya im in :3

i wonder how this will turn out as doubles is heavily reliant on team support and the mons you get dont always support each other well

(use challonge for dividing the mons into groups, thats what i did, then give the groups a number from 1-how many people there are playing and randomnly pair players and groups of mons. Just a little advise from this side :3.)

Oh and make sure no one turns out super weak/over powered

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
Ok I know I said I would close sign-ups in 2 days but I will close them now.

The pokemon achieved will be sorted D first then S.

All Pokemon will be used except for Cresselia since that will pretty much be a win condition against e ranks.

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
Just to be clear You do not have to use every pokemon you are given, you can replace any of them with E ranks.

Also subs would be nice. :3

21:14Audiosurferyou should make a list of mons that can't be used celever
These pokemon were picked with a randomizer, just because a pokemon is not owned by anyone here it doesn't mean they are allowed to be used, they just didn't get selected. Here are those pokemon:
1. Alakazam

2. Blissey

3. Cradily

4. Electivire

5. Forretress

6. Gallade

7. Gardevoir

8. Haxorus

9. Shuckle

10. Slaking

11. Skarmory

12. Tornadus-T

13. Cinccino

14. Cloyster

15. Empoleon

16. Gengar

17. Jolteon

18. Sableye

19. Sawsbuck

20. Slowbro

21. Snorlax

22. Virizion

23. Yanmega

24. Ferrothorn

25. Gastrodon

26. Hariyama

27. Jellicent

28. Kabutops

29. Kyurem

30. Latias

31. Scrafty

32. Shiftry

33. Thundurus-T

34. Toxicroak

35. Venusaur

36. Weavile

37. Amoonguss

38. Breloom

39. Excadrill

40. Gyarados

41. Hydreigon

42. Landorus-T

43. Luidolo

44. Mamoswine

45. Rotom-W

46. Togekiss

47. Politoed

48. Tyranitar

(goddamn I wanted shuckle to be used :()

Last edited:

breh

強いだね
confirming, marowak and perior both did jack shit :mad:

e: won against blarajan, I thieve latios and tornadus

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)