SV OU Double starter Bulk Offence?

Hello,

After 4 months, l'm back to competitive AGAIN!! Yea, doesn't sound like a lot but it is a lot. Thankfully, I still remember how to play, but not like I used to do. Its a shame i could not use Palafin and Iron bundle myself, but its ok. I thought of making a team with some of my favorite mons, Skeledirge (still don't know how to pronounce that) and Gholdengo. Not gonna talk a lot, lets get right into building it:

1. Teambuilding process:

1. :Skeledirge::Gholdengo:

This is what i started with, just my favourite mons.

2. :Skeledirge::Gholdengo::Glimmora:

What can be better than :Glimmora:? NOTHING
as it forms a great core with with skeledirge and :Gholdengo:.

3. :Skeledirge::Gholdengo::Glimmora::Meowscarada:

That pussy cat again, I know. It also forms a great core with :Skeledirge:. It is also gonna be my main wall breaker for the team.

:Skeledirge::Gholdengo::Glimmora::Meowscarada::Dondozo::Garganacl:

Right now, I noticed that my team is kinda weak to :Annihilape:. To counter that, I used the :Garganacl: and :Dondozo: core. Not only :Dondozo: completes the GFW (Grass Fire Water) core, it also counters :Annihilape: really well with :Skeledirge: . Both mons form a great core with too.

2. The Sets

:SV/Skeledirge:
Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Slack Off

This is a common set for :Skeledirge:. Torch Song is a good move, will-o-wisp is for the defence as it lowers attack, hex is deadly with burn and slack off for recovery. Tera Fight is to resist dark and rock, and to be neutral against ghost and water.

:SV/Meowscarada:
Meowscarada @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch

It is a standard CB :Meowscarada:, its moveset is simple. Flower trick and knock off for stab, sucker for priority and u turn for pivot. Tera grass is not the best, but I don't expecting to tera this mon anytime soon.

:SV/Dondozo:
Dondozo @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Liquidation
- Rest

:Dondozo: is meant to counter Annihilape. With unaware curse, it can setup against basically any physical attacker in the meta, other than :Iron Hands: and other electrics too. Earthquake and Liquidation is for Damage and rest for recovery.

:SV/GARGANACL:
Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Salt Cure
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Recover

Can't forget about :Garganacl:, it is a special tank with iron defense. Body Press works best with Iron defense, salt cure for you know what and recover for recovery.

:SV/GLIMMORA:
Glimmora @ Black Sludge
Ability: Corrosion
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Mortal Spin

Its wierd that I am not running Toxic debris, but corrosion isn't bad too. It not only helps to remove hazards against :Gholdengo:, but it also poison's him. Rocks are important and earth power is for viable damage. Its defensive because why not?

:SV/GHOLDENGO:
Gholdengo @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Recover
- Nasty Plot

Of course, how can we forget :Gholdengo:! It is the best pokemon that also forms a great core with :Glimmora: and :Skeledirge:. It prevents hazards removal because of its typing which is Also epic. I am running the sweeper set with shadow ball and make it rain for stab nasty plot for steup and recover for well, recovery.

3. Major Threads

:SV/Annihilape:

Has super effective stab for more than half of my team. I really needed the :Garganacl: and :Dondozo: core just to deal with this monstor.

:SV/Chi-Yu:

I really struggled against Choice Scarf :Chi-Yu: as it can easily switch and come back when rocks are removed. Though it is not that common, this mon is still threatening.

4. Conclusion

I am thankful that you read this thread till the end. Plz suggest improvements for this team. Thank You

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/00b8308958e73f28

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)