SM Ubers DOUBLE DANCE GROUDON {1500+}

Hi. It's me here back with another team, and with this team I've managed to do pretty well on the ladder (not that well tho). After many wins, losses, changes, etc, I've managed to make this team which has achieved 1500+ on the ladder. It's not that much but I don't know how else I can improve this team, so any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

This team isn't really built around anything, but it is a bit offensive. So I just called it offensive ubers team. It started as a HO team with some changes. Also pls don't mind the nicknames i know they're dumb, i just put them on for some humor.

THE TEAM

FEAR ME EVEN MORE (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Here we have the big boss of this team. This monster can absolutely sweep opposing teams, no matter what they are, once it properly sets up. Groudon already has really good base stats, so with a Rock Polish you can probably outspeed the entire meta, and punch REALLY big holes in opposing teams. Swords Dance is just there if Groudon has another opportunity to set-up, then with +2 attack it can OHKO many 'mons, even walls. If you get the chance, definitely get a rock polish and sd up. But normally you'd just go for rock polish and sweep as fast as you can because this groudon isn't that bulky and can get damaged pretty easily. Precipice is a must-have move, amazing power. Stone Edge for those flying types/switch-ins.

fear me (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 172 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder
- Geomancy

This is the secondary sweeper of the team, also my dark resist etc. This can not only wall and take really nice hits from dark types, it can also pretty much destroy the meta once it gets geomany up. This is pretty much the standard geomancy xearneas, and it is my late-game sweeper because it only has one chance to set up and sweep. It can also be used as my hole-puncher to get rid of annoying stuff on the opposing team, if I want to sacrifice it.

dd up (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost / Substitute
- Earthquake

Mega Salamence is my third offensive 'mon. It isn't really a sweeper, just generally a hole puncher and wall-breaker. It can break through so many walls in the game, and can also sweep with dd. However, because of recoil, it can't really last long, so it's generally used as my wall-breaker. Can be used as cleaner as well, or my late-game sweeper. Dragon dance + double edge is definitely needed for m-salamence. Then we have roost or substitute. I've used Substitute and it works pretty well, making salamence immune to status effects, giving it extra life, and a better opportunity to set-up with dd. Roost is also a good option if you want to keep salamence healthy, so both are really good. Facade can be another option but it isn't really recommended for me. Earthquake is a really good coverage move for stuff like dusk-mane etc, also hits pretty hard without recoil which is pretty nice.

hmmmmm (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Solganium Z / Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun

This is my first wall in the team. I love how my dusk-mane is a wall, where many other opponents would think it is a sweeper etc. Dusk-Mane can serve as an AMAZING wall because of its bulk and prism armor (3/4 dmg from super effective atks). It can hardly get OHKOed by any special attackers (even +2 xerneas). It also has decent physical defence so don't underestimate it. Earthquake is a good coverage move for opposing dusk-manes, because I could basically just be setup fodder for them. Toxic is really good for wearing down opponents, whether it's a wall or a sweeper. Sunsteel strike is a really good stab move that can still punch holes and deal really decent damage, but use it carefully because it only has 8 PP. Morning sun is a needed move since duskmane needs its recovery. I chose Solganium Z on here because it is unexpected and can break through things that dusk-mane can't wear down. Leftovers can be another good option, but it reveals that dusk-mane is a wall, and i don't want that.

Im slower then u (Yveltal) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Foul Play
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

Now, this is my really nice pivot and revenge killer. It can deal decent damage with its moves and serve as a wall/pivot for opponents. It can outspeed most of the meta, and can cripple opponents with it's moves. Foul Play can destroy physical attackers, and can 2HKO most groudons. Dark Pulse is a basic stab move that deals pretty decent damage. Oblivion Wing is a really good move, being able to destroy things like marshadow and phermosa, and give hp back to yvetal at the same time! U-turn gives my team momentum and can deal some nice chip damage for my team.

Groudon Check (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock / Defog

This is my final member and final wall and also my general lead. I've tested multiple sets, and this seems to be the best one. I have a really bad problem with groudon, so this is my solution. Arceus can literally wall every groudon there is, and outspeed them and destroy them. It can also be a good wall, and weaken the opposing team a bit. Just a really nice support 'mon in general. Judgement ofc, recover for recovery, ice beam for opposing walls like yvetal/lugia, etc, and sr for chip which my team really appreciates. Defog could be another option because of deoxys-speed (which is very annoying), but sr is just the general move.

Thank you all for taking your time to read this, and as usual, any rates/suggestions would be highly appreciated!
pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/5a7b9497dea73da6

Last edited:
The concept of building around Double Dance Primal Groudon is a little difficult not gonna lie, but you built a pretty well centered team that looks like the wincon is based around DD Groudon and Xerneas. However, your original team wasn't really supportive of your Double Dance Groudon, because you lack any checks to threats like Kyogre, as well as the fact that being so reliant on a Double Dance Groudon widely opens your team to Sticky Webs, which would negate the turn of using Rock Polish. Along with those, there are other smaller threats to this team that I'll talk about when rating your team below. I had a few improvements that I wanted to point out that I noticed with your team:

MAJOR CHANGES

:arceus-ground: Arceus-Ground -> :arceus: EKiller Arceus (regular Arceus)

One of the underlying issues with this team is Xerneas, and even with changing Necrozma-Dusk-Mane to Ultranecrozium Z (which I'll cover later), that + Primal Groudon isn't enough to beat Geomancy Xerneas. Normally I'd suggest a Roar set on Primal Groudon, but the team revolves Double Dance Primal Groudon, so without changing the set on Primal Groudon, this was the next best thing.

Arceus @ Chople Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

Ekiller Arceus's standard set serves the purpose that all Ekiller Arceus' do: kill. By setting up a Swords Dance, you can ESpeed a Geomancy Xerneas that has already setup. Normally it would be only landing once, but because it's Ekiller, the increased investment in the pair of HP AND Attack allows you to hit Geomancy Xerneas guaranteed twice after setting up a Swords Dance, while dealing more damage in comparison to the normal Ekiller Arceus set. If that doesn't kill, you can easily revenge kill with Primal Groudon or Necrozma Dusk Mane. I put this over Arceus-Ground, because Arceus-Ground's main purpose was to check Primal Groudon according to your post, even though not only does Ekiller Arceus do heavy damage to Primal Groudon if +2 with max Attack EVs, but it also can take hits from Primal Groudon with the HP investment. The difference that makes Ekiller Arceus better is that it provides a check to Geomancy Xerneas which wasn't really something handled well in the original team when in comparison to the original Arceus-Ground, and the addition of a check for Marshadow (like all Ekiller Arceus').

:necrozma-dusk-mane: Solganium Z/Leftovers -> :necrozma-ultra: Ultra Necrozma

Now that we replaced Arceus-Ground with Ekiller Arceus to deal with some of the threats to this team, we need a way to implement rocks into the team without changing the overall synergy of the team itself (which means no Stealth Rock on Primal Groudon). The best way to do that was to replace a fully defensive Necrozma-Dusk-Mane to a Necrozma-Dusk-Mane that can opt into Ultra Necrozma.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 28 Def / 224 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Power Gem

This Necrozma-Dusk-Mane set helps with the struggles your team faces with defensive cored teams. One thing that I like about this set is that the versatility often tricks opponents into thinking it's a plain Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, when in reality, it's actually an Ultra Necrozma. Obviously you have Stealth Rock and Photon Geyser. Heat Wave is there for the Steel types that are rather difficult to beat, like Ferrothorn (since you run Rock + Ground on Primal Groudon), Magearna, and other Necrozma-Dusk-Manes. Power Gem is the trump card, because it's used specifically for Ho-Oh's. Referring back to my point that the set seems like a Necrozma-Dusk-Mane set but is actually an Ultra Necrozma, Ho-Oh is a likely switch-in because of Sacred Fire being able to do lots of damage to Necrozma-Dusk-Mane with it being a steel type, so you'd proceed to Ultra Burst and Power Gem, destroying it in battle.

MINOR CHANGES

:yveltal: Double Dark -> :yveltal: Team Defogger

Going back to the fact that Arceus-Ground got replaced by Ekiller Arceus, you not only lost your method of putting rocks up on the field, but you also lost your way of dealing with REMOVING hazards. In order for you to have a method of getting rid of hazards that slowly decay your team, I decided it was best to make Yveltal a Defog Scarf set:

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

The Yveltal set that I have here is very similar to the set that you were originally using, but the only change I made was replacing Foul Play with Defog. Defog is a much better move to have on Scarf Yveltal than Foul Play, especially if you're gonna invest max EVs into SpAtk, because it just makes Double Dark more redundant and rendered useless. Defog on the other hand removes threatening hazards from the field, the most important ones being rocks and webs. Webs are a huge issue to this team, and Yveltal needs to get them off immediately! This is a pretty small yet necessary change, because it helps your offensive core of Xerneas and Primal Groudon win the game for you without having to deal with hazards bringing it down.

OTHER THINGS TO ADDRESS:
:salamence-mega: Earthquake over Substitute
I saw in your post that you had both of these moves in mind, and I say that Earthquake is better. This is because since it's a DD set, you need something to hit most to all things that Double-Edge can't really do. It also is a good option to use against Primal Groudon and Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, amongst a few other threats.

SUMMARY:
I won't lie when I say that Double Dance Primal Groudon is really good in Gen 7 Ubers these days (saying this in the perspective of before Gen 8). However, if you wanna build around Double Dance, there has to be the utmost amount of a supportive backbone in the rest of the team, and your team originally didn't cover some major weaknesses. Hopefully the changes I made to your team fixed those issues!

- Yash

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)