All Gens Double Battles and Old VGC Formats

Would you give old Doubles and/or VGC formats a try if they were added?

• Total voters
A few days ago my friend and I were messing around with some old VGC formats and were unable to test out the Journey Across America format due to the lack of a Custom Double Game in the ADV format. My question is: Would you give old VGC and/or Old Gen Smogon Doubles formats a try? I think being able to play in, experience, and experiment with old battling formats is at the heart of why the Old Gens/ROA community exists. The goal is to spark discussion, so please give your thoughts.

I don't think they deserve ladders, but having ADV Doubles and a non-custom game DPP Doubles (because that's easy to do weird stuff in) can't be a problem as challenge options tbh.

xJoelituh

Banned deucer.
I think the main problem is that there some missing gen 3 doubles mechs.
Besides that, it could be fun but they wouldn't be played apart some random matches.
VGC 09 and 10 are quite simple to implement. VGC 11 to 13 can be played in GBU Doubles (although you may need to specify with your opponent)

Older formats, like JAA, and some other (Yesterday I saw a Japanese match in XD from a '05 format which was basically regular VGC with out GS cup unlike JAA), wouldn't be played much and just gonna be for fun I guess.

And.. If you really want/need to play it, there are some other servers that have the formats and there is also PO which have them all after JAA.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)