Project DOU Teambuilding Competition v3 Week 23 (Randpokes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoe

Tragic Decision
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
(I lied and forgot again lmfao)
At any rate, congrats to Meminger21 for winning this week and thanks to everyone who voted!

A little announcement: NotlPrimRose will be co-hosting from now on! She's posted about half of all the teams in the team bazaar so its only natural lol.

:ss/zapdos-galar:
At any rate, our next Pokemon is Galarian Zapdos (as requested by Prim)!
Don't have a whole lot to say about it. It's a physical attacker who directly punishes Intimidate and is extremely threatening once it gets the +1. Pretty straightforward honestly.

have fun Actuarily c:

Building Phase ends on Monday, April 9th at 11:59 PM GMT-4.

Meminger21

Lágrimas Ocultas
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
:zapdos-galar: :kyurem-black: :tsareena: :volcanion: :mew: :moltres-galar:

The main idea of this team is to use kyurem-b as a bait and force the opponent to bring shifu or incineroar in the field, giving zapdos-g a boost from intimidate or a free brave bird on the shifu slot, this way kyurem-b gets better opportunities to setup while zapdos-g deals with kyube's main checks.

Tsareena helps vs trick room and diancie while stopping priorities, which is really nice for this team since it's very offensive. Volcanion also deals with incineroar and by giving it expert belt we guarantee the ko on diancie (only on full hp). Substitute is here basically only for amoonguss, since we can't really deal with it on tr.

Mew and Moltres provide the team safe checks to psyspam. Mew also gives another form of speed control and wow+snarl can check a bunch of stuff while Fake out allows kyube and moltres to setup. Moltres-g EVs allows it to take a hit from amoonguss and not break its subs. Moltres-g is very bad honestly, but it completely shuts down psyspam and I think the team can deal with fairy types in a very good way.

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
Fallen Down

:zapdos galar: :tsareena: :heatran: :tapu fini: :kyurem black: :mew:
Galarian Zapdos Bulky Offense
https://pokepast.es/a241383d84ff7fe7

This is probably my second or third favorite team rn. Gapdos is mainly seen as a way to deal with intimidate, specifically incineroar, which it is admittedly very good at doing, but after playing against it with a snarl will o wisp mew team, i realized that it has many more uses than most people give it credit for. I added tsareena to block priority, specifically fake out and grassy glide for fini, and then heatran and fini as a solid offensive core. Heatran removes grass types and kyurem for fini and fini hits zygarde, urshifu, and several other things that threaten heatran. The team is pretty lando weak at this point and has no real speed control, so kb was added for icy wind and a lando check (as well as another trick room check/anti cheese tech with dragon tail) and mew for disruption + tailwind (super fang is a broken move, its actually so good) you may notice that this team isnt particularly scared of incin, which is true. This team is mostly special attackers, which would normally be a playground for snarl mew, but gapdos pressures it by threatening to come in on snarl, get a +2 to attack and get a kill. This team is super good into a lot of balance/semiroom teams, and is really just very solid overall. Main things that annoyed me in testing were fullroom teams, and you do have to play a bit careful around naganadel and dragapult, but with some careful positioning they should be playable. Plus its not like fullroom is all that common anyway. As a wise man once said, “gapdos + tsareena = good team” super fang broken, fini sogood, have fun :3

Last edited:

Teals

Banned deucer.
:Zapdos-Galar: :Stakataka: :Kyurem-Black: :Amoonguss: :Landorus: :Zeraora:

https://pokepast.es/ca07a4aea4eb216f

I haven't used galar zapdos before but the main niche of it appears to be its ability to deter intimidate. Its STAB moves are great at scaring away things like urshifu and heatran that might threaten a trick room mon like diancie or staka. I chose staka in this slot because incineroar won't likely be switching into a diancie. Pairing staka with a dd kyurem is nice because zapdos covers the same checks to it. I then added an amoonguss to pair with staka in trick room and then added lando to ease my diancie matchup and a zeraora to ease my celesteela matchup.

Coaching Gapdos!

:Zapdos-Galar: :Zygarde: :Mew: :Tsareena: :Tapu Fini: :Genesect:

https://pokepast.es/08d39e47be25f0d7

Coaching Gapdos works extremely well with Zygarde & Tapu Fini, as it helps eliminate the Rillaboom/P2 that they both hate, as well as scare off intimidators for Zygarde, all while boosting their stats. Mew is added for fake out support as well as speed control, and super fang is nice here as an early move to spread damage around, as Zygarde and fini don’t get many OHKOs. Tsareena is added as I’m only using one protect, and I don’t want fake out spam to put me in a bad spot. Lastly Genesect is there for a fast pivot that is good into Kyu-b.

Noelle

Trying my best
Congrats to Actuarily for winning this week! Thank you to everyone who posted a team or voted as well!

:xy/stakataka:

This week’s pokemon is Stakataka! Stakataka is a trick room pokemon that has the ability to outright beat most pokemon commonly used on semiroom, and does crazy amounts of damage in general under trick room. It also has snowball potential with beast boost, allowing it to win games outright with proper support.

The building phase will end on May 17th and the voting phase will end on May 19th

Teals

Banned deucer.
:Dragapult: :Tapu Lele: :Stakataka: :Amoonguss: :Volcanion: :Necrozma:
https://pokepast.es/1f7d053151b2fad9

I kinda just threw this together while eating a chili dog tbh so it's probably a B average team. I wanted to use dragapult so i tossed him in. Misty terrain screws over dd pult so i added lele. Lele with the combination of staka really help out pult. You check naga, you check master shifu, you also threaten incin. Added shroom because Psychic terrain plus spore is good. Volcanion to hit steela and necrozma to set up room and hit things with terrain. Enjoy.

Last edited:
:porygon2::volcanion::mew::landorus-therian::rillaboom::stakataka:
https://pokepast.es/338be90738dfdfe7

I ripped this Team to Stax, but I did it with the sets that I thought were more useful and I think this team is very different from the Stax version and since I have used this team a lot I consider it mine xD. The idea of the team is to put the maximum amount of hazards on the field during the first few turns and then find the moment to use tr and win by taking advantage of the team's slow core.

The separate sets are explanatory but I comment on them a bit.

- P2 is offensive with a lot of S attack to get more damage that are very useful + the hazards.
- With Volca you need to be 3 attacks to be able to have enough coverage for the team, but you can play with a sub.
-Mew wow to control mainly Urshi CB which is usually problematic and pollen puff because many times you need to sacrifice damage on your pokemon to get kills or use tr, also keeping your mons healthy becomes necessary.
- Lando toxic because Fini CM or any mon that sets up defenses is very annoying for the team.
- Rilla needs no explanation
- With Staka I have tried several sets and without a doubt this is the one that has given me the most results, even so staka LO is always a good option. And Wide Guard is not totally necessary but it can give you a lot of momentum.

Noelle

Trying my best
the atak of the stak

:stakataka: :cresselia: :rillaboom: :volcanion: :landorus: :dragapult:
Stakataka Semiroom
https://pokepast.es/4a66c0605e77db9f

I literally can't figure out a way to build around stakataka that isnt either extremely similar to this six or literally just this. I don't know if it's the best stakataka six, and im not claiming that it is, but it's the best six i can come up with. Cress is it's best partner, it beats ground and fighting types, both of which stakataka struggles with, and mental herb means its basically guaranteed one trick room. Moonlight keeps it healthy and it needs max special atk to ohko naga with psychic (im not kidding, its so weak that it needs 252+ to ohko naga, a mon with 73/73 bulk) volcanion is an amoonguss switchin and check and toxic was chosen as an anti cheese measure and p2 counterplay. Landorus obliterates steel types and has focus blast for p2 which this team has no real ways of hitting, rillaboom for disruption and terrain control and also has knock to weaken p2 and for general utility (knock off is a very good move) and dragapult beats faster threats like lando and naga offensively. Nothing all that special here, just an objectively solid six that's pretty fun to use

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Used this in DPL finals tiebreakers: https://pokepast.es/f5b81f42e61cf225

:stakataka: :cresselia: :rillaboom: :volcanion: :landorus: :zeraora:

I wanted something with reliable Speed control vs Nido-Rus, and 2 TR setters with double Fake Out support seemed like a solid way to do that. Landorus ended up shining a lot more in the actual game, but I liked how this team played in practice. Originally I was gonna do CM Cress with Coaching Zeraora but it felt too all-in compared to just TR with Moonlight.

Cresselia is the primary TR setter, but I think Stak having TR itself is also important in case Cress gets low. You have the option of doing TR early game with Lando later, or Lando early game with Cress later. Team is somewhat cube weak if Stak gets Fake Out looped. Zeraora is Magnet for Celesteela primarily, but it's nice for extra damage vs Volcanion and Urshifu too. Toxic Volcanion + Taunt Zera shuts down most BS I was worried about. It has a really good Incin and Lando-I matchup, which opens up your own Cress and Stakataka quite a bit more. You're also very solid vs Amoonguss which is important on a TR team, with Sub, Taunt, Goggles, and a Grass-type. Zygarde can be annoying and typically involves a damage trade.

This team wins in 6 turns guaranteed:

:Hatterene: :Stakataka: :Indeedee-f: :Torkoal: :Victini: :Lilligant:

https://pokepast.es/ae49428e2a1ef7c2

The idea behind the team is simple, get up TR by either using Victini to Final Gambit + TR or indeedee-f to follow me + TR. From there, sweep as much as possible with Hatterene/Torkoal/Stakataka, and when TR runs out you use Lilligant to click After You to either keep the offense rolling or to set another TR. By that point all your opponents Pokémon are koed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)