does anyone remember pickle rick?

MAMP

MAMP!
it was this a joke in this old cartoon from a while back, don't remember what it's called, where this old dude rick turns himself into a pickle, but like it's got his face on it and he can still talk and stuff. and his grandkid comes in and he's like "hey, i'm a pickle now! call me pickle rick!" we all used to think that was just the darndest thing. anyone know what i'm talking about here? might be a bit of a deep cut

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
was it the show where pickle rick (prick for short) was a mad scientist and he was traveling through time doing wacky stuff? if so I think you're thinking of future drama. or fuschia rama. can't really remember the name

was it the show where pickle rick (prick for short) was a mad scientist and he was traveling through time doing wacky stuff? if so I think you're thinking of future drama. or fuschia rama. can't really remember the name
That's Back to the Future. Christopher Lloyd turns himself into a pickle, he's Pickle Chris!

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)