Dodrio Cup - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
:xy/dodrio: :xy/dodrio: :xy/dodrio:

A longstanding tradition in the VGC community has been to run Dodrio Cup, a 3 on 3 team tournament with one very important gimmick - species clause applies to the entire team. In simpler terms, if Jio and Netherious are on a team with me and I use Regieleki, neither Jio nor Netherious can use Regieleki for their matches during the same week. The exception to this is that forms do not have to obey species clause. Teams may use multiple Calyrex, Rotom, Urshifu, Genies, etc. forms during the week as long as the same form is not used more than once per week per team.

Smogon hasn't had a tournament like this in ages and I thought It would be nice to have. With the announcement of the recent series 8 rules, there is truly no better time to do so.

SIGNUP FORMAT

You can signup in 2 different ways, either as a full team of three or as a free agent.

If you are signing up AS A TEAM, COPY AND PASTE THIS INTO YOUR SIGNUP

Team Players:
Team Captain:
Team Name (Optional):

If you are signing up AS AN INDIVIDUAL/FREE AGENT, COPY AND PASTE THIS INTO YOUR SIGNUP

In as a Free Agent
Timezone:
Any forseeable activity issues?:

TOURNAMENT FORMAT

The tournament will be split into two phases, pools and bracket phase. Details on how many players will make it into the bracket will be announced during round 1.

Signups will be open until 11:59 GMT-5 on Friday the 29th.

edit: you can expect this tournament to be a roughly 3-4 week commitment for pools and the remaining weeks for playoffs

edit 2: all games are bo3. yes, this means each person is expected to complete a bo3 to count toward the overall bo3 for the week. Did I mention this tour is bo3?

iRKD + ForTheGimmicks, blankynoskills
Grandmas Cookin + DomarpVGC Mr.GX
Dandy★ + Young Robot, dev611
EternalSnowman + trace flyingfalcons7
Raineko + Yuichi JagSamurott
Unreality + kingofmars V17
YoshiandLugia + SableyeVGC, MrGabeandWatch
Umar

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
Hello everyone, I have a VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

A lot of managers have signed up for this tournament stating that your teammates do not have Smogon accounts. Since this tournament is being held on Smogon, and we'd like to use the website as primary means of scheduling, I am requiring everyone in this tournament to have a Smogon account by the end of week 1. For clarifcation, that is until Sunday 11:59 PM GMT-5. This is a little late into the signup period, so hopefully the extra time will allow everyone the ability to make an account. Teams with players that still do not have accounts after this time will be dropped from the tournament. Team captains, it would be very helpful if you could go through your player list tag your players by doing @ Username so that I know what everyone's account is.

If your players' Smogon accounts are different from the names you used in your signup post, please edit your signup. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to send me a PM. Thank you

In as a Free Agent:
Timezone: PST (UTC-8)
Any forseeable activity issues?: I'm busy a lot during the day and you might not be able to reach me at all one weekends, but I should be able to find the time to fit in my matches somewhere, provided they don't take a ton of time. Sorry for the inconvenience I might cause!

Reactions: zee

Borghi

Banana eater
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Team players: LightCoreVGC, Silensum, ChainedChomper
Captain: LightCoreVGC
Team name: Hi I'm

LightCore = Borghi
Silensum = JollyScarf
ChainedChomper = Scarlett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)