DLC2 Crown Tundra Speculation Thread [SPOILERS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the ones complaining about GF not making competitively viable mons and calling them incompetent:

1. No they're not. You're just being jerks without reasons
2. Looks like you didn't get the memo: GF doesn't care about competitive. They never did and never will. Just get over it. Some mons are designed to be better than others because of lore and/or other reasons.

Yes it sucks that mons don't get certain moves (the G Legendary birds not getting Roost because it's not a TM anymore or Regieleki having a bad movepool). But don't be rude and insult GF over this. It's Pokémon ffs.

For anyone that wants to make the best out of Relieleki:

Lightbulb @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SpA / 40 Spe
Rash Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt / Explosion

You can't touch grounds so stop trying to, just use it as a revenge killer that can set up Reflect as your opponent switches their ground type, you can set up both screens and either blow up or Volt Switch. Speed is enough to outspeed Scarf Landorus Therian (Explosion does 56.7 min so it can work as a last-ditch, or you can set up reflect and then boom). Volt Switch > Thunderbolt as your main STAB because even with "adaptability" you need a lot of chip to KO any resist but you can 2HKO many fast treats.

Ok, since this thread has been going C R A Z Y ever since this DLC dropped, time for me to jump on the bandwagon!

Regieleki: This thing outspeeds Deoxys-S and Ninjask lmao. Seriously its still a bit underwhelming but honestly I can see some potential for it in OU. Probably still not top tier OU but might find a niche in UU. TL;DR: C-tier OU or A-B tier UU

Regidrago: They had every damn opportunity to make this a bulky physical attacker and they fucked it. It's just Guzzlord 2.0. Nothing special. Definitely not OU or UU material, probably just gonna drop to RU or NU. But who knows, it might be decent there.

Glastrier: This is actually surprisingly good despite how ass its defensive typing is and its speed lol. 100/130/110 is actually surprisngly good for its shit defensive typing, and while that speed does let it down, it still hits hard with base 145 attack. Probably B-C tier OU, if not, it's either S-A tier UU or its banished straight to UUBL.

Spectrier: Imagine Gengar. Then you up its speed to 130, its special defense to 80, its special attack to 145, and its HP to 100. This is what you get. It's basically Gengar 2.0, but with much worse coverage [I'm not kidding, from what we've seen so far its movepool is shit because it has basically zero coverage]. Despite this though still going to be insanely strong. This is probably going to be around A-B tier OU for sure.

Calyrex: No. Just no. This is either gonna be NU or PU material. They had every opportunity to make it a strong bulky special attacker and they made it a mediocre piece of shit that does nothing.

Arcticuno-Galar: Surprisingly good? While its STAB combo certainly isn't the best and it also lacks actual coverage, it's going to be much better than base Arcticuno could have ever been. Still likely not OU but definitely going to be UU or RU, and when it lands there it's probably going to be either decent or really good.

Zapdos-Galar: This is actually really good at a first glance and it's making me uncomfortable. OU for sure, if not, UU.

Moltres-Galar: This thing is specially defensive but has no Roost. Next.

The shallow movepools are for the same reason Hidden Power was removed. They no longer want an Electric type beating a Ground type with a coverage move. They're trying to promote the use of different Pokemon or promote switching idk lol. I think this is also the reason Heavy Duty Boots was created as well so you can switch in and out easier.
GF: we don’t want electric types beating ground types with coverage moves anymore

Also GF: rAiKoU nOw LeArNs sCaLd LoL

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Calyrex Ice Rider on a critical hit: 320-378 (79.2 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

For the people who think this mon is definitely an OU level mon, it has enough physical bulk to dodge a Ursh kill if you invest there.

Now, obviously the calc itself is not practical, no way this thing is gonna invest in its defense like that, but even without investment, this thing is BARELY killed by Wicked Blow. Even with its ass typing, the mon has too much bulk and power for it to reasonably be running around OU, as eseentially without an Urshifu level breaker you aren't killing this thing physically.
There's also stuff like this (I'm using Kyu-B as a placeholder for Ice Rider and Icicle Crash as a placeholder for Glacial Lance):
252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 242-283 (79.6 - 93%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 447-530 (110.6 - 131.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 203-239 (51.5 - 60.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 253-298 (63.2 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

so uh
ban. this shit.

There's also stuff like this (I'm using Kyu-B as a placeholder for Ice Rider and Icicle Crash as a placeholder for Glacial Lance):
252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 242-283 (79.6 - 93%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 447-530 (110.6 - 131.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 203-239 (51.5 - 60.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 253-298 (63.2 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

so uh
ban. this shit.
Do we have proof it can even hold items? It seems like it needs an item to fuse? Let’s not call for bans on anything until we actually understand how it works lol.

Regieleki and Regidraco have some of the worst movepools I've ever seen for legendary Pokemon. That being said, I'll still withhold my judgement until we learn what their abilities are able to do. If they function like Water Bubble and double the power of Dragon / Electric moves, they could still end up being pretty decent.

Regieleki and Regidraco have some of the worst movepools I've ever seen for legendary Pokemon. That being said, I'll still withhold my judgement until we learn what their abilities are able to do. If they function like Water Bubble and double the power of Dragon / Electric moves, they could still end up being pretty decent.
If that's the case than max speed specs regieleki electro ball is going to be the new fishous rend lol

Regidrago actually has a pretty decent movepool, even if it can't hit Fairy-types that well.

So I am looking at the new Pokemon/Forms and here are some of my thoughts.

Articune-G: It's decent. Easily the best user of the ability Competitive, but that isn't saying much. The best use for it that I can think of is if you like switching Bisharp into a defogging, but don't like getting body pressed by Corviknight and Skarmory. Although this is weighed by both Metal birds resisting its STABs, and Mandibuzz is just immune to Psychic attacks.
Other note worthy things is that it gets U-turn and Hypnomiss, but it is also slower than Urshifu (which it can't switch into Articuno-G, neither can Articuno-G and Urshifu will win in 1v1 scenarios). Also a shame it doesn't get Roost, despite Kyurem and Eon twins getting them.

Zapdos-G: The one most likely to be a coveted OU Pokemon, just like its Kanto cousin. Instead of Competitive, Zapdos-G gets Defiant to match its more physical spread. Unlike Articuno-G, it has a much more unique type (Not being electric/fighting like we all hoped for), only being shared by HO star Hawlucha. This time, Zapdos-G is much bulkier and is naturally stronger. Though, it does not get Swords Dance, Zapdos-G gets Bulk Up instead, which is an alright compromise since Zapdos-G will have more roles beyond a set up sweeper. Like with Articuno-G, it's an Anti-Defogger that does not mind Body Press. It's also the strongest Defiant user, sharing Bisharp's Atk while having far more powerful STABs (although this means Zapdos-G is vulnerable to Brave Bird, which Corviknight will run for Rillaboom).
Like Articuno-G (again), it also has U-turn, so it has pivoting potential, perfect when your typing has some pretty good resistances and get x2 more power when being hit by Defog.

Moltres-G: Cringe, both in design and competitively. It's only saving grace is the fact that it gets Nasty Plot and pretty good Special Bulk. But that's about it. You are actively hindering yourself too since this bird shares a dex spot with regular Moltres, who will actually have pretty good use thanks to Heavy Duty Boots and actually having Roost, in addition to being an excellent check to some top tier Pokemon currently + some of the Uber dropped Pokemon like Genesect, Kartana, Blaziken, and Pheromosa.

Regieleki: Definitely the most bi-polar of the new Pokemon.
It's sheer speed is on new levels of ascension. With 0 EVs and a neutral nature, it still outspeeds Scarf Rotom-Wash. With Timid and 216 EVs, you can outspeed Kingdra in Rain.
These are astonishing feats of speed from something that doesn't even need a speed boost.
The massive downside is its God Awful movepool. It's coverage is Normal (Rapid Spin, Extreme Speed, Explosion, and some other less useful moves), Rock (Literally just Ancient Power), Dark (also literally just Assurance), and Flying (Bounce and Acrobatics only). As far as we know, there is literally nothing else it gets for coverage.
Another thing is its other stats. 80/50/50 bulk is pretty miserable, and 100 Offenses is pretty Meh. This can be alleviated by investing more into those stats, which Regieleki can easily do since it outspeeds so much even without investment.
I still believe Regieleki will have use in OU, even if it's small. That being as a speedy hitman for sweepers.
You can really arrange the EVs in Regieleki's Speed stat to your liking. After Choice Scarf, it can literally outspeed everything short of +2 Ninjask. With some exceptions, like Dragapult and Excadrill, you can adjust your Speed EVs to select any speedy target you desire to kill, set it to 1 or 2 points higher, and revenge kill them. While you don't have to use Scarf all the time, but a target like Hawlucha will require a choice scarf.
If you want to fit Regieleki on your team, you need to be familiar with the speed tier list. But like I said, this won't always work since Excadrill just shits all over Regieleki, and will be sending it to the lower tiers.

Regidrago: Much better Guzzlord (competitively at least). It's stat spread is pretty meh, but it's still serviceable. Seeing it learn Dragon Dance somewhat reminds me of Zygarde-Complete. A Much worse version in every regard, but still. Regidrago's signature move is a dragon type version of Eruption, which can lead to some cool scarf sets.
It's not really that interesting beyond that tbh.

Glastier: SLOW ICE TYPE..with actually pretty decent stats outside of its speed and SpA. It has a much better movepool than its sibling for sure. It can be very threatening to Pokemon that don't have Fire/Steel/Fighting/Rock coverage since its natural bulk is pretty good, and it can hit almost everything hard. What really holds it back is that it's still a SLOW ICE TPYE, meaning it still worries about Stealth Rock and the extremely common coverage moves. It's also so slow, most walls outspeed it anyways, though most walls won't be able to do much to Glastier.

Spectier: Amazing speed, Amazing SpA, Nasty Plot, decent bulk, and special moxie. What isn't to love about Spectier? For starters, it's movepools is only slightly less trash than Regieleki. While it has more status moves to abuse, it has god awful coverage. Even worse than Regieleki. It has Mud Shot, Hyper Beam, Snore, Swift, Round, Snarl, Uproar, and Dark Pulse for it's coverage. Even Thievul laughs at that coverage.
This is easily made up for the fact that it has very nice stats, a Ghost typing, Nasty Plot with Special Moxie, and some pretty decent cripple moves from Will-o-wisp to Taunt. Probably OU, but will have trouble with Dragapult around.

Calyrex base form:

(The Crown Prince? More like Clown Piss)
Seriously, it's like they decided that Celebi should have it's own version of Phione. It's only quality over Celebi is that it has Encore. Literally the only """"Note worthy"""" advantage.

Calyrex-IR form:
Now this is much better than both Glastier and of course regular Calyrex. I hear people say this will be fine in OU, and I don't see why.
Since it's a form of Calyrex, it does have a bootleg version of Celebi's movepool, sharing most of (if not all. Idk if it's confirmed) of Calyrex's moves, in addition to some of Glastier's moves.
Some interesting moves it has are Leech Seed, Iron Defense, Sword Dance, Body Press, and Trick Room. Yup, it's a SLOW ICE TYPE with Trick Room, which is very nice when you have 100/150/130 bulk and 165 Atk.
It's definitely going Ubers and not coming down.

Calyrex-GR:
Absolutely the best Pokemon competitively out of the DLC. Spectier was already promising with its stats, only needing some better coverage. Not only does it get better coverage, it gets more utility and even higher stats as well. Because having 145 SpA and 130 Spe wasn't enough. Now it outspeeds Zacian-C while having nearly the same power, and still having better utility like Will-o-wisp.
but obviously its a shitmon only viable in PU because of Sucker Punch

For the ones complaining about GF not making competitively viable mons and calling them incompetent:

2. Looks like you didn't get the memo: GF doesn't care about competitive. They never did and never will. Just get over it. Some mons are designed to be better than others because of lore and/or other reasons.

Yes it sucks that mons don't get certain moves (the G Legendary birds not getting Roost because it's not a TM anymore or Regieleki having a bad movepool). But don't be rude and insult GF over this. It's Pokémon ffs.
1) Yes they are. Pokémon is the largest media giant the human race has ever seen. They are primarily based around video games and have over 20 years been refining the formula. Overall the handheld games were fine but they are absolutely not capable of handling the transition to the Switch well. SwSh has TONS of cut content either because Gamefreak couldn't port their "future proof" models to the Switch or worse, because they decided to gouge their customers with a predatory DLC model that offers almost zero real content that isn't just cut content returning or re-skins of existing mons with a Galarian form. SwSh are terrible games by Pokémon's standard but compare it to other Switch games and it's far worse. SwSh are insulting jokes compared to BotW, Smash Bros, Mario Odyssey, Luigi's Mansion, etc. Gamefreak has done nothing noteworthy besides creating Pokémon, games that follow such a strict formula that hundreds of fan mods have successfully recreated their own adventures up to and even exceeding Gamefreak's original vision. Imo Gamefreak got lucky once and has since done the bare minimum in the way of innovation. They really aren't a great company.

2) They require a 20 minute timer on 6v6 singles for the sole reason to strong arm players into the unbalanced trash that is VGC. They obviously care plenty about competitive, they're just remarkably bad at being in charge of it. There's a reason Smogon has been around since 3rd gen and that's because Gamefreak / TPCi doesn't seem to fully understand how to make a competitive community. But that said a lot of complaints are not directly due to Tundra's Pokémon not being "competitive" but because they're absolutely trash. Movepool cuts and worthless new mons mean nothing about this DLC is exciting... except the 100 returning Pokémon but hey nothing more exciting than cut content being sold back to us.

Tldr Pokémon is good and Gamefreak was okay at handling smaller scale projects in the past but 8th gen has been a god damn mess from day 1. Hopes that the DLC will fix previous issues have not come true and the community is frustrated that this might just be Gamefreak's strategy moving forward. I have my issues with Smogon at times but I am eternally grateful they exist, as without genuinely intelligent attempts to make 6v6 playable I imagine a lot of us would have long since lost interest in this dumb slave rancher game.

So I am looking at the new Pokemon/Forms and here are some of my thoughts.

Articune-G: It's decent. Easily the best user of the ability Competitive, but that isn't saying much. The best use for it that I can think of is if you like switching Bisharp into a defogging, but don't like getting body pressed by Corviknight and Skarmory. Although this is weighed by both Metal birds resisting its STABs, and Mandibuzz is just immune to Psychic attacks.
Other note worthy things is that it gets U-turn and Hypnomiss, but it is also slower than Urshifu (which it can't switch into Articuno-G, neither can Articuno-G and Urshifu will win in 1v1 scenarios). Also a shame it doesn't get Roost, despite Kyurem and Eon twins getting them.

Zapdos-G: The one most likely to be a coveted OU Pokemon, just like its Kanto cousin. Instead of Competitive, Zapdos-G gets Defiant to match its more physical spread. Unlike Articuno-G, it has a much more unique type (Not being electric/fighting like we all hoped for), only being shared by HO star Hawlucha. This time, Zapdos-G is much bulkier and is naturally stronger. Though, it does not get Swords Dance, Zapdos-G gets Bulk Up instead, which is an alright compromise since Zapdos-G will have more roles beyond a set up sweeper. Like with Articuno-G, it's an Anti-Defogger that does not mind Body Press. It's also the strongest Defiant user, sharing Bisharp's Atk while having far more powerful STABs (although this means Zapdos-G is vulnerable to Brave Bird, which Corviknight will run for Rillaboom).
Like Articuno-G (again), it also has U-turn, so it has pivoting potential, perfect when your typing has some pretty good resistances and get x2 more power when being hit by Defog.

Moltres-G: Cringe, both in design and competitively. It's only saving grace is the fact that it gets Nasty Plot and pretty good Special Bulk. But that's about it. You are actively hindering yourself too since this bird shares a dex spot with regular Moltres, who will actually have pretty good use thanks to Heavy Duty Boots and actually having Roost, in addition to being an excellent check to some top tier Pokemon currently + some of the Uber dropped Pokemon like Genesect, Kartana, Blaziken, and Pheromosa.

Regieleki: Definitely the most bi-polar of the new Pokemon.
It's sheer speed is on new levels of ascension. With 0 EVs and a neutral nature, it still outspeeds Scarf Rotom-Wash. With Timid and 216 EVs, you can outspeed Kingdra in Rain.
These are astonishing feats of speed from something that doesn't even need a speed boost.
The massive downside is its God Awful movepool. It's coverage is Normal (Rapid Spin, Extreme Speed, Explosion, and some other less useful moves), Rock (Literally just Ancient Power), Dark (also literally just Assurance), and Flying (Bounce and Acrobatics only). As far as we know, there is literally nothing else it gets for coverage.
Another thing is its other stats. 80/50/50 bulk is pretty miserable, and 100 Offenses is pretty Meh. This can be alleviated by investing more into those stats, which Regieleki can easily do since it outspeeds so much even without investment.
I still believe Regieleki will have use in OU, even if it's small. That being as a speedy hitman for sweepers.
You can really arrange the EVs in Regieleki's Speed stat to your liking. After Choice Scarf, it can literally outspeed everything short of +2 Ninjask. With some exceptions, like Dragapult and Excadrill, you can adjust your Speed EVs to select any speedy target you desire to kill, set it to 1 or 2 points higher, and revenge kill them. While you don't have to use Scarf all the time, but a target like Hawlucha will require a choice scarf.
If you want to fit Regieleki on your team, you need to be familiar with the speed tier list. But like I said, this won't always work since Excadrill just shits all over Regieleki, and will be sending it to the lower tiers.

Regidrago: Much better Guzzlord (competitively at least). It's stat spread is pretty meh, but it's still serviceable. Seeing it learn Dragon Dance somewhat reminds me of Zygarde-Complete. A Much worse version in every regard, but still. Regidrago's signature move is a dragon type version of Eruption, which can lead to some cool scarf sets.
It's not really that interesting beyond that tbh.

Glastier: SLOW ICE TYPE..with actually pretty decent stats outside of its speed and SpA. It has a much better movepool than its sibling for sure. It can be very threatening to Pokemon that don't have Fire/Steel/Fighting/Rock coverage since its natural bulk is pretty good, and it can hit almost everything hard. What really holds it back is that it's still a SLOW ICE TPYE, meaning it still worries about Stealth Rock and the extremely common coverage moves. It's also so slow, most walls outspeed it anyways, though most walls won't be able to do much to Glastier.

Spectier: Amazing speed, Amazing SpA, Nasty Plot, decent bulk, and special moxie. What isn't to love about Spectier? For starters, it's movepools is only slightly less trash than Regieleki. While it has more status moves to abuse, it has god awful coverage. Even worse than Regieleki. It has Mud Shot, Hyper Beam, Snore, Swift, Round, Snarl, Uproar, and Dark Pulse for it's coverage. Even Thievul laughs at that coverage.
This is easily made up for the fact that it has very nice stats, a Ghost typing, Nasty Plot with Special Moxie, and some pretty decent cripple moves from Will-o-wisp to Taunt. Probably OU, but will have trouble with Dragapult around.

Calyrex base form:

(The Crown Prince? More like Clown Piss)
Seriously, it's like they decided that Celebi should have it's own version of Phione. It's only quality over Celebi is that it has Encore. Literally the only """"Note worthy"""" advantage.

Calyrex-IR form:
Now this is much better than both Glastier and of course regular Calyrex. I hear people say this will be fine in OU, and I don't see why.
Since it's a form of Calyrex, it does have a bootleg version of Celebi's movepool, sharing most of (if not all. Idk if it's confirmed) of Calyrex's moves, in addition to some of Glastier's moves.
Some interesting moves it has are Leech Seed, Iron Defense, Sword Dance, Body Press, and Trick Room. Yup, it's a SLOW ICE TYPE with Trick Room, which is very nice when you have 100/150/130 bulk and 165 Atk.
It's definitely going Ubers and not coming down.

Calyrex-GR:
Absolutely the best Pokemon competitively out of the DLC. Spectier was already promising with its stats, only needing some better coverage. Not only does it get better coverage, it gets more utility and even higher stats as well. Because having 145 SpA and 130 Spe wasn't enough. Now it outspeeds Zacian-C while having nearly the same power, and still having better utility like Will-o-wisp.
but obviously its a shitmon only viable in PU because of Sucker Punch
Articuno-G is a psychic and flying type, so I doubt it will take big damage from Body press since you 4x resist it, and it learns recover, but I can agree with the rest though. Hurricane, its signature psychic move, with Ice beam and Calm Mind seem like a solid setup set with decent coverage. Just sucks that Urshifu hard counters it.

Articuno-G is a psychic and flying type, so I doubt it will take big damage from Body press since you 4x resist it, and it learns recover, but I can agree with the rest though. Hurricane, its signature psychic move, with Ice beam and Calm Mind seem like a solid setup set with decent coverage. Just sucks that Urshifu hard counters it.
I was saying a Pokemon like Bisharp is afraid of Body Press, not Articuno-G, and that in fact it won't fear it as an Anti-Defogger.
Sorry if it wasn't clear based on my wording.

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
That would be cool wouldn't it? For some strange reason, none of the G-birds got any coverage moves from their kanto forms. So no Ice Beam for Garticuno.

He doesn’t get ice coverage, but maybe a pivot set with future sight, boots, recover ane u-turn can work? Not sure if slowbro doesn’t do this better

Continuing the theme of leaks being wrong, Landorus does not have access to scorching sands, so Landorus T may not be very dominant this gen. He's lost z moves and hp ice, rocks are only ok because of boots, grassy terrain is rampant so earthquake is the least reliable it's ever been, and intimidate has been nerfed. I doubt he'll be bad, but it's not looking too hot for the king of OU

I'm bored so I'm gonna try to predict the Ubers. By Ubers I mean non-cover legendaries that eventually get banned even if it takes the Council 12 months to get around to it.

Blaziken - Yeah this shit is busted. I get it, there will be defensive checks and priority mons to handle it. But that doesn't change the fact that it's the best late game cleaner in the history of Pokemon. It still wipes the fucking floor with frail offense and with Swords Dance + the right coverage move it even smashes through stall. You can't even use Ghosts to fuck with HJK because lol it gets Close Combat. Edit: It gets U-turn now LOL

Tapu Lele - This thing has a 156 base power STAB move in a world without Pursuit. Imagine Banded Tyranitar Stone Edge but 100% accurate, 156% as powerful, and with a stronger secondary STAB. This broken garbage 2HKOs almost literally everything in the game including resists with one move.

Tapu Koko - It's basically just faster Dracovish. The levitating and flying checks that evade Rising Voltage mostly get hit super effectively. Stuff like Hippowdon risks Grass Knot and Koko still has a good base 115 attack to toss around Close Combats. This has so so so many options and similar to Blaziken will require multiple checks and regardless you will still lose to it.

Pheramosa - 151 base speed, STAB U-turn + Close Combat, and atomic powered Ice Beams. It even has Throat Chop to decimate Ghosts, as if it's going to be doing anything other than spamming U-turn all game. Beast Boost allows you to late game sweep similar to Blaziken, Koko, or any number of dumb broken things.

Naganadel - It loses Z moves but who cares, no Pursuit either. Sac a Pokemon to this and suddenly it has +1 speed and you get 6-0ed.

Latios - Kind of reminds me of gen 5 where nothing could really counter it besides prediction and Pursuit (uhh, also Bronzong). Except now there's no Pursuit and Latios gets Mystical Fire and Aura Sphere. There's too many sets it can run anywhere from CM to 3 attack Roost all the way to 4 attack LO / Specs.

Genesect - The fact that this is probably the least broken thing here says wonders about the state of the early DLC2 meta.

Landorus-I - Nothing has changed. The ludicrous power of 4 attacks blitzes through probably 98% of Pokemon. It still gets Calm Mind to set up so even checks like Mandibuzz and Corviknight get mashed.

Zygarde - Glare / Dragon Dance / Coil / Thousand Arrows gives this such a ridiculous number of options that it's painful. Glare is a busted move and after a few Coils this is going to be untouchable from the physical side and with HP Ice no longer in the game things like Landorus-T can no longer tech ways to beat it.

Alternatively we just accept that OU is a hyper offensive paradise and raise the bar of how strong a Pokemon can be to live in OU. At this point imo we should unban all non-cover legendary ubers like Melmetal and Cinderace because really what the fuck is the difference between Dracovish sweeping you and a +2 Blaziken.

That said I'm super excited to play OU after DLC 2. Whatever happens it's going to be wild.
This is super accurate, I strongly doubt there is a world where Cinderace will stay banned with shit like Zygarde, Tapu Fini, Kommo-o, and Rhyperior running around and plenty of speedy checks to it.

Reactions: Udd
If gamefreak doesn't care about singles, why would they
buff rapid spin
buff defog
add heavy-duty boots
add stealth rock
these moves/items have no use in-game or in doubles.

Also, much of the hype surrounding the Crown Tundra was the OP Tapus, and I'm willing to bet Gamefreak knows this. We know that we have no reason to be mad (S&S was a high-quality, effort-and-love filled work with absolutely no flaws), but Gamefreak also had no reason to not give these Tapus the moves. Why? If they don't care about competitive, why care? It's not like the fact that they are returning: Swampert gets Flip Turn via IoA move tutor.

Continuing the theme of leaks being wrong, Landorus does not have access to scorching sands, so Landorus T may not be very dominant this gen. He's lost z moves and hp ice, rocks are only ok because of boots, grassy terrain is rampant so earthquake is the least reliable it's ever been, and intimidate has been nerfed. I doubt he'll be bad, but it's not looking too hot for the king of OU
Everything else also lost HP Ice, Grassy Terrain was a thing last gen, and nothing relevant uses an ability that ignores Intimidate. Scorching Sands is also significantly weaker than Earthquake (70 power off 105 SpA vs 100 power off 145 Att) which doesn't play to Landorus's strength as a Pokemon who plays offensive and defensive roles simultaneously.

It's fucking Landorus. It's obviously going to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)