DLC2 Crown Tundra Speculation Thread [SPOILERS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we're not getting our broken 200 attack stat regis. Makes sense, but that's a little bit of a disappointment.
It's a disappointment for sure, but 200 base speed and 200 base hp are still VERY impressive to say the least, so it's interesting to see how these two Regis will fare competitively.

It's a disappointment for sure, but 200 base speed and 200 base hp are still VERY impressive to say the least, so it's interesting to see how these two Regis will fare competitively.
Regieleki is gonna have a niche, no matter what; it has decent offensive stats, it's faster than everything else in the game by a LOT, and a pure electric typing isn't too bad for it. Assuming it's given any decent moves whatsoever, it'll be pretty good. (Especially if it gets rising voltage; that would be kinda nutty, even if it needs to have electric terrain set for it.)

Edit: LMAO IT HAS NO COVERAGE it’s shit.

Regidrago, on the other hand... as good as 200 HP is, 50 def/spdef is pretty horrible, so it kind of balances out. And the rest of it is pretty disappointing. Hopefully its signature ability and movepool are good, or else it'll just be completely irrelevant.

Last edited:
Regieleki
Regidraco pretty much has Guzzlord's stat spread, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Regieleki seems like it will be phenomenal, however.

Regieleki

Regidraco pretty much has Guzzlord's stat spread, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Regieleki seems like it will be phenomenal, however.
The higher speed and signature move of regidrago give it an edge over guzzlord, making it seem like a pretty good scarfer in the lower tiers, though I want to see more of its moveset to be sure.

As for regieleki:
1603412196573.png

That thing is gonna be nutty. you can basically fully invest in hp and an offensive stat (or even both offensive stats, depending on what it gets) and still be faster than basically everything in the game.

Very disappointed by Calyrex-IR. It will be destroyed by Zacian-C and Necrozma-DM unless it has fire/ground coverage. Yveltal will outspeed and OHKO it with Dark Pulse. Giratina can cripple it with wisp since it's faster. Rayquaza can potentially OHKO it with V-Create.

te
Regieleki is gonna have a niche, no matter what; it has decent offensive stats, it's faster than everything else in the game by a LOT, and a pure electric typing isn't too bad for it. Assuming it's given any decent moves whatsoever, it'll be pretty good. (Especially if it gets rising voltage; that would be kinda nutty, even if it needs to have electric terrain set for it.)

Regidrago, on the other hand... as good as 200 HP is, 50 def/spdef is pretty horrible, so it kind of balances out. And the rest of it is pretty disappointing. Hopefully its signature ability and movepool are good, or else it'll just be completely irrelevant.
Regidraco seems very simillar to guzzlord, so I guess he is going down to ru/nu

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Regidraco kinda just seems like it'll be a semi-guzzlord situation,

Regieleki on the other hand, can fulfill a few different roles.

Specs, it almost certainly gets rising voltage, volt switch is a probably, whatever it's trapping move is also seems incredibly great.

HDB, depending on coverage, regieleki could maybe replace zeraora as a fast electric pivot.

Regieleki can invest all points into HP and Attack/Special attack, and still outspeed 95% of the metagame

It will have a speed of 436 even with 0 EV and 392 even with a hindering nature. This thing is FAST.

Please quickban Shadow Rider.
I feel like Ice Rider will probably get banned. Ice/psychic is a horrible defensive typing and its speed is atrocious but look at those other stats.
165 attack and really good 100/150/130 bulk is probably too much for OU.
Yes Galarian Zapdos has the 125 in attack. My life is now fulfilled.
Galarian Moltres looks really similar to Mandibuzz. I do feel like berserk will probably let Moltres powercreep Mandi though.
Galarian Articuno is probably going to drop.
Oh look, another fast electric type in Regieleki. That probably has volt switch. And you don't even need to invest anything in speed lmao. Slap some boots on this pivot and you're set.
Regidrago's stats leave something to be desired. 200 HP isn't all that good when you have 50 in defenses. 100 mixed attacking stats and 80 speed is fine but it's definitely going to drop from OU.
Glastier is interesting. On one hand slow ice type. On the other hand great bulk and great attack. It'll probably have a place in TR teams but I don't know whether it'll stay or drop.
Spectricier will probably be good. Great sp.atk. Great speed. Isn't made of paper (at least on the special side).
Galarian Slowking I'm kinda conflicted on. On one hand there's Regenerator, but it really hates lando and garchomp being reintroduced along with it. I can see it fall to UU.

I feel like y'all are underestimating Regidraco. It might seem similar to Guzzlord but it has an ability that boosts dragon type moves + dragon type eruption + decent speed tier. Prob won't be OU but don't see it falling further tbh

for a more serious-ish post, i feel like regieleki will be great ou material. defenses r bad but if it gets good moves it can have specs or boots
powerful trapping move, even with an immunity, is very good. As long as its moveset doesnt suck major ass it i see this UUBL at least.

galarian zapdos looks nice. 125 atk 100 speed is pretty good, and 90 | 90 | 90 bulk is ok and could be way worse. still want to see movepool as always before thinking of where it'll rank but it has amazing ou potential i think

i hope dracos maw or whatever that ability is ends up being super good, because i think regidraco needs it. hp being so big does help with the eruption dragon copy but the defenses... ok

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex on a critical hit: 157-186 (51.6 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Druddigon(With Regidrake's defenses) on a critical hit: 318-375 (52.6 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Fully invested it isn't too too far from the pex, but if it's going to follow the other regis in not having any recovery then I'm not seeing it put in a lot of work in OU. Perhaps a tank set could be possible, but I'm not too experienced in comp play in general so take what I say with a grain of salt. Regieleki is a fun meme imo, being able to fire off max SpA or Atk move while still outspeeding everything is funny but it's still not that strong from base 100s. It feels like kind of the opposite of Xurkitree, who's absurdly powerful but not that hot everywhere else.

Regidraco with that HP and Sp.Def could be good AV user + ability to boost dragon attacks looks good, i will not underestimate that mon, Blissey/Chansey with Seissmic Toss cant do nothing to Regidraco, i see here Rest/Talk option too

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
200 speed...

It's too bad that Electro Ball is such a poorly designed move it's still worse than thunderbolt, even on the fastest Pokemon in the entire game. Even really slow Pokemon like Clefable, Aegislash, and Blissey require significant investment for Electro Ball to be stronger than T-bolt. Instead of investing in Spe you can run T-bolt, a measly 24 Spe EVs to outspeed Naive Pheromosa, and then dump the rest in HP to make it have half decent bulk.

On the other hand, 212 Spe puts you past Scarf Gene, and at that point Electro Ball can make some sense, since it reaches 120 BP against a few defensive threats. Against anything offensive, you're probably best off just Volt Switching anyway.

Last edited:
What are the spreads of Regieleki and Regidrago?
I know eleki has 200 speed and probably is going straight to Ubers, but Regidrago?

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex on a critical hit: 157-186 (51.6 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Druddigon(With Regidrake's defenses) on a critical hit: 318-375 (52.6 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Fully invested it isn't too too far from the pex, but if it's going to follow the other regis in not having any recovery then I'm not seeing it put in a lot of work in OU. Perhaps a tank set could be possible, but I'm not too experienced in comp play in general so take what I say with a grain of salt. Regieleki is a fun meme imo, being able to fire off max SpA or Atk move while still outspeeding everything is funny but it's still not that strong from base 100s. It feels like kind of the opposite of Xurkitree, who's absurdly powerful but not that hot everywhere else.
If i’m not mistaken regielec ability boosts his eletric moves, probably 1.2 or 1.3,

All the regis so far have gotten Ice Punch. If we assume that's true for Regieleki, that's REALLY nice for it, letting be an insanely fast volt switcher (presumably) that can really scare ground types. Let's just hope it doesn't get Electro Ball - It doesn't need an ability-boosted(?) 150BP STAB to be pressing on everything in the meta.
G-Zapdos is probably going to be about as good as expected - decent bulk and speed on a fairly unique typing, plus Defiant, plus a defense lowering STAB. Seems like it'll be a staple on HO teams, kind of like a stronger and bulkier Bisharp.
Fairly interesting to see that G-Moltres has a more defensive stat spread than regular Moltres. I wonder if that's going to help it farm berserk boosts or if it'll end up being primarily defensive. Still, being a more threatening Mandibuzz is nice either way.
We don't have enough information on Spectrier's movepool to make a judgement call just yet but it looks pretty great from here. Insanely fast ghost STAB has already shown itself to be a great combination in Dragapult, and that's on top of Chandelure-level SpA.
press 1 if you feel bad for glastrier and regidraco

I could also see Regidraco being a good Dragon Dance user if it gets it. It already hits decently hard thanks to 100 attack and its ability boosting its STAB moves. 80 speed is decent, and its bulk gives it at least one chance to set up.

All the regis so far have gotten Ice Punch. If we assume that's true for Regieleki, that's REALLY nice for it, letting be an insanely fast volt switcher (presumably) that can really scare ground types. Let's just hope it doesn't get Electro Ball - It doesn't need an ability-boosted(?) 150BP STAB to be pressing on everything in the meta.
yknow, this really didnt cross my mind. If this gets ice punch i can even see it being looked over at a suspect test (not saying its guaranteed, and also assumes it has good movepool). A pokemon who outspeeds everything, who can trap things, with the only type it doesnt trap being afraid to switch on an ice punch (once youre in the field, i do think its manageable for more bulky ground types, since its a non stab 75bp move) isnt the most healthy thing i can think of

to fact check though, could anyone do some calcs on how hard ice punch could hit? i'd love to see the result of it but i cannot do it rn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)