Dial "S" for Swag – Ziah vs. Tr0llingSoHard [DW OU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, people of Smogon! Today I bring you my first Warstory, a very entertaining battle between Ziah and myself. This battle took place on the PO Server, but I'm posting this Warstory here, too, because Smogon just looks like a better place for Warstories. For those of you who don’t know, Ziah is a very accomplished player, being ranked 1 in Wifi OU and 14 in DW OU (the tier this battle takes place in) at the time of this battle (about 2 weeks ago). I’m no slouch either, having reached rank 5 in DW OU before the ladder reset and currently sitting at rank 7. One important thing to note is that the DW OU ladder on the PO Server is quite competitive, unlike here at Smogon (or so I've heard). Of course, this isn’t just some boring match between two good players. While it is a good match, it is anything but standard.

First, a little background for context. When I’m not laddering, I enjoy using fun teams or teams that aren’t my playstyle (although throughout the course of these escapades, I have gained the ability and experience to successfully play almost any style). Some of the more entertaining teams I’ve used include a team of all Level 1 Pokemon (yes, in OU) and a team with all the Pokes utilizing U-turn or Volt Switch, the latter peaking at 1500 before the ladder reset despite not having Stealth Rock. Not only are these a good break from serious battling, but they make you a more well-rounded player, forcing you to use what you have and focusing on player skill as opposed to team building skill (and I suck at building teams).

With this in mind, and to fully appreciate the battle, I have included an in depth look at my team so that you know what I’m working with. However, I understand that people have different preferences and as such have made it so that you can skip over this part if you wish (though this is not recommended).

+ swag =

U mad bro? (Liepard) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 248 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Swagger
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave

Liepard is my lead for a couple reasons, the first being that he functions better when his Lefties aren’t negated by my own Sandstorm. The second is that it’s hard to safely bring Liepard in mid-game, so leading with him is naturally the safest option. Swagger and Thunder Wave are the bread and butter of this set and can hax almost anything to death with a little luck. Substitute gives me protection from incoming status or attacks and I can usually get a free Substitute via parafusion hax. Foul Play is great for killing things quickly and synergizes well with Swagger. A couple days before this battle, I got 6-0ed by one of these, which was the inspiration for bringing back my retired troll team for another round of shenanigans.

SandsOfTime (Tyranitar) (F) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Endure

Tyranitar is a great team player, setting up Stealth Rocks as well as providing the Sand that fuels Spexcadrill and the deadly Cacturne. Endure works perfectly with Custap and allows me to kill just about anything, including Dragonite, Excadrill, Kingdra, and Volcarona, which all give my team trouble if they boost their speed.

Spexcadrill (Excadrill) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rapid Spin
- Brick Break

This is the set that got Excadrill banned. Seeing as I’m the one who originally came up with the idea of Spexcadrill, it is only natural that I use him on my team. HP Ice takes out Gliscors (who never suspect it) and opens up the opponent’s team for a Cacturne sweep. STAB Specs Earth Power is surprisingly strong and its power often catches people off guard. Brick Break is for Blissey and Tyranitar because using two Ground moves isn’t cool and Rapid Spin is an excellent choice for removing the hazards that my team is so weak to and always seem to accumulate so quickly. Seriously, Specs Rapid Spin wins games. During this match, I had Rock Slide instead of Rapid Spin. I have since changed it because my main targets, namely Nite, are hit harder and funnier by HP Ice and I have Tyranitar to take care of Volcarona. In addition to having Rock Slide, I was also running a spread of 108 Atk / 252 SAtk / 148 Spd (which put me at 249 Speed) during this match, which gave me enough Speed to outspeed Scarfed Landorus in the Sand and most Gliscors out of Sand.

Green Goblin (Cacturne) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Focus Punch
- Sucker Punch

This guy is the MVP in almost every game and is definitely my favorite member of the team. He also has the most legitimate set, but Cacturne itself isn’t legit, so it’s okay. With Sub, Sand Veil, and Swords Dance, this thing is a mini-Chomp and rips teams apart. Speed is maximized so that I can Sub faster and because investing in his pitiful bulk is pointless anyway (or at least that’s what Smogon said). If you come face to face with Cacturne, be prepared for mayhem because shit’s about to go down.

U jelly (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Swagger
- Energy Ball
- Recover
- Surf

What troll team would be complete without everyone’s favorite Energy Ball Jellicent? Max Special Attack means Surf packs a punch and also means that ̶L̶e̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶1̶2̶ Ferrothorn is OHKOed by dat energy. In this match I had Sub over Swagger, which was a relic from when I used to use Sub Rest (which did amazingly against Blissey but was pretty underwhelming otherwise). Recover, although slightly less trolly, allows me to get off more Energy Balls throughout the course of the match, which is of course my ultimate goal. Once I found out Jelli got Swagger, replacing Substitute was a no-brainer, as this team can never have enough Swag.

French kiss (Togekiss) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Work Up
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Blast
- Drain Punch

Along with Liepard, Togekiss is the other new addition to my band of misfits and also gained a spot on my prestigious team by being used against me to great effect. Hustlekiss is impossible to see coming, but it would be a grave mistake to underestimate it. STAB, Hustled, Life Orbed ExtremeSpeed can 2HKO Mewtwo and offensive Kyogre, which allows Kiss to pick off weakened opponents with ease and 2HKO certain switch-ins. Work Up is the boosting move of choice here, as this is a mixed Kiss. In this match, I had Air Slash and Aura Sphere (which was the Kiss that was used against me), but I have since switched to Drain Punch and Fire Blast. Drain Punch, when boosted by Hustle, is stronger than Aura Sphere and also scores huge hits on Blissey and Tyranitar while healing off Life Orb and Sand damage, which accumulates very quickly. Fire Blast roasts Steels like Skarmory and Ferrothorn who switch in on ExtremeSpeed.

I also have the battle on the Pokemon Replay Viewer if you don’t want to or don’t have time to read through the entire battle as I have presented it here. I would strongly advise against watching the replay instead of reading the Warstory, but, hey, whatever floats your boat.

Finally, a few short notes. The battle is from Ziah’s side as I don’t usually save battle logs. It was very fortunate that he did save the log and share it with me, so a big thanks to Ziah for that. There is also a good deal of commentary made during the match by both players and various spectators. While I’m personally not a fan of silent battles and think that the in-battle commentary added to the match, you may feel differently or may just want to read the battle by itself. I have included the commentary if you wish to read it (which I recommend), and if not, feel free to pass over it. Lastly, while there was some hax in this match, this isn’t a super serious battle (at least from my side) and frankly, it would’ve been pretty boring if there was no hax the entire match. Keep in mind that my team is based on gimmicks and don’t let hax detract from the battle.

Now that all that’s out of the way, let’s get this Warstory started and dive right into the battle!

Battle between ZIAH and Tr0llingSoHard started!

Tier: DW OU
Mode: Singles
Variation: +3, -29
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause

Tr0llingSoHard sent out U mad bro?! (Liepard)
ZIAH sent out Deoxys-S!

Deoxys-S is exerting its Pressure!

vs.

oh 100%u fancy huh100%

The biggest problem Liepard faces is the first turn, when he’s not behind a Sub. The best bet is Swagger since it only gives your opponent a 50% chance to hit you. I was also hoping that his Deoxys was primarily a hazard lead, meaning that even if he did hit though confusion, he wouldn’t attack me.

Start of turn 1
The foe's U mad bro? used Swagger!
Deoxys-S's Attack sharply rose!
Deoxys-S became confused!

Deoxys-S is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!

Deoxys-S lost 98 HP! (40% of its health)

AnneWintour is watching the battle.
ZIAH: guh
AnneWintour: lol
[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS] is watching the battle.
AnneWintour: why is the PTOB thing about donkey
Tr0llingSoHard: lag, sorry
ZIAH: coz hes an ass
AnneWintour: they must rly love their ranked 1 players
ZIAH: lol
[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: who?
[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: .-.
[IMP] ZodiaK is watching the battle.

vs.

ya 100% I fancy son 60%
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa +2 Attack,
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaConfused

Swagger works perfectly and he hits himself in confusion. Next I’ll Sub to scout his move and possibly have him hit himself again, giving me a free Substitute. Ziah has managed to attract a fair sized crowd by this point.

Start of turn 2
The foe's U mad bro? used Substitute!
The foe's U mad bro? made a substitute!

Deoxys-S snapped out its confusion!
Deoxys-S used Stealth Rock!

Pointed stones float in the air around Tr0llingSoHard's team!

The foe's U mad bro? restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

[IMP] ZodiaK: lol assist team?

vs.

aaa81%aaaaaaaaaaa60%
Substituteaaaaaa +2 Attack

While I did get a free Sub, Stealth Rocks are now up on my side. Still, I consider it a good trade off because once Liepard is behind a Sub, the fun can begin. I go for Thunder Wave to slow down his Deoxys as well as get some parafusion going.

Start of turn 3
ZIAH called Deoxys-S back!
ZIAH sent out Nattorei! (Ferrothorn)

The foe's U mad bro? used Thunder Wave!
Nattorei is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: anee
Tr0llingSoHard: fuck assist teams
[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: *anne who?
Tr0llingSoHard: this is ultimate troll team

vs.

aaa87%aaaaaaaaaaa100%
Substituteaaaaaaa Paralyzed

Unfortunately I don’t get to Paralyze his Deoxys and hit his Ferrothorn instead. Getting anything Paralyzed is good, but obviously I’d rather cripple his Deoxys. I’m guessing more hazards are on the way, but since I don’t really have any way to stop it or anyone who can easily set up on Ferrothorn (or at least do so comfortably at this point), I go for Swagger.

Start of turn 4
Nattorei's Attack sharply rose!
Nattorei became confused!

Nattorei is confused!

Nattorei lost 46 HP! (13% of its health)

Nattorei restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

AnneWintour: asist?
[IMP] ZodiaK: lol

vs.

aaa93%aaaaaaaaaaa93%
Substitute,aaaaaa+2 Attack,
+1 SwagaaaaaaaaParalyzed,
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Confused

Foul Play won’t be doing much at this point and I have nothing else to do, so I Swagger again and hope he hits himself again.

Start of turn 5
Nattorei's Attack sharply rose!
Nattorei is already confused.

Nattorei is confused!
Nattorei used Spikes!

Spikes were scattered all around the feet of Tr0llingSoHard's team!

AnneWintour: Lol

vs.

aa100%aaaaaaaaaaa99%
Substitute,aaaaaa+4 Attack,
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Confused

I’ve had times where this strategy has backfired and I end up doing so-so damage to Ferro or Skarm and in return get three layers of Spikes on my side, severely limiting my already hilariously handicapped team. I didn’t have high hopes going into this battle seeing as my opponent was Ziah, but you’re only trolling yourself when you lose. Time to see how much Foul Play does at +4.

Start of turn 6
The foe's U mad bro? used Foul Play!
It's not very effective...
Nattorei lost 133 HP! (37% of its health)
Nattorei's Iron Barbs hurts the foe's U mad bro?

Nattorei is confused!

Nattorei lost 68 HP! (19% of its health)

[IMP] ZodiaK: swagger is bad

vs.

aaa93%aaaaaaaaaaa49%
Substitute,aaaaaa+4 Attack,
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Confused

37% is disappointing, but it’s still a 3HKO after he hit himself. Might as well take out his Ferrothorn to prevent any more hazards.

Start of turn 7
ZIAH called Nattorei back!
ZIAH sent out Gliscor!

A critical hit!
Gliscor lost 136 HP! (38% of its health)

Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!
Gliscor was poisoned!

vs.

aa100%aaaaaaaaaa 62%
Substitute,aaaaPoisoned (Toxic)
+1 Swag

Switching out Ferrothorn erases all the Swagger boosts and makes Foul Play significantly less effective, with a critical hit doing only 38%—nothing when taking Poison Heal recovery into account. Gliscor could be an issue down the road, but I’ve got Spexcadrill for him. I can’t Thunder Wave his Gliscor and I don’t want to switch out and waste my Substitute, so I have no option but to Swagger.

Start of turn 8
Gliscor used Protect!
Gliscor protected itself!

Gliscor restored HP using its Poison Heal!

vs.

aa100%aaaaaaaaaa 74%
Substitute,aaaaPoisoned (Toxic)
+1 Swag

Here he shows Protect, which means that Gliscor will be significantly harder to take down for anyone besides Spexcadrill and Jelli, both of whom can kill him in one hit. This also means that he could potentially scout Spexcadrill’s HP Ice and switch out to safety, but I’ll deal with that when the time comes.

Start of turn 9
Gliscor's Attack sharply rose!
Gliscor became confused!

Gliscor is confused!

Gliscor lost 39 HP! (11% of its health)

Tr0llingSoHard: swag.
[IMP] ZodiaK: iwouldnt do that

vs.

aa100%aaaaaaaaaa 76%
Substitute,aaaaaa+2 Attack,
+3 Swagaaaaa Poisoned (Toxic),
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Confused

I’m not too clear on what I was thinking at this moment, but I think that I felt Ziah’s frustration with all the Swagger hax, which could explain my next move.

Start of turn 10
ZIAH called Gliscor back!
ZIAH sent out Politoed!

Politoed's Drizzle made it rain!
The foe's U mad bro? used Thunder Wave!
Politoed is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Rain continues to fall!

AnneWintour: lol Ptob clan such a suck up clan

vs.

aa100%aaaaaaaaa100%
SubstituteaaaaaParalyzed
+3 Swag

Again, I’m not entirely sure how I predicted that. I suppose when you’re "in the zone" it’s not even a prediction, it’s just something you know. Either way, I get welcome paralysis on his Politoed. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that he’s going to Perish Song, as a lot of Politoeds carry it these days (even Scarfed ones!). My only hope is to Swagger to get the parafusion and hax him to death or force a switch before he Perish Songs.

Start of turn 11
Politoed's Attack sharply rose!
Politoed became confused!

Politoed is confused!
Politoed is paralyzed! It can't move!

Rain continues to fall!

vs.

aa100%aaaaaaaaa100%
Substitute,aaaaa+2 Attack,
+7 SwagaaaaaaaParalyzed,
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa Confused

After a Swagger, Foul Play should be doing decent damage. I could Swagger again, but if he manages to attack and does go for Perish Song, he’ll switch out and my swag will be wasted. I go for Foul Play and hope for parafusion hax.

Start of turn 12
Politoed lost 147 HP! (38% of its health)

Politoed snapped out its confusion!
Politoed used Perish Song!

All Pokémon hearing the song will faint in three turns!

Rain continues to fall!
Politoed restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's U mad bro?'s perish count fell to 3.
Politoed's perish count fell to 3.

vs.

aa100% aaaaaaaa 68%
Substitute,aaaa+2 Attack,
Perish in 3aaaaa Paralyzed,
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaPerish in 3

Looks like the fun’s over. Nevertheless, Liepard performed very well and definitely carried his weight in trolling. Most Politoeds Protect after a Perish Song, so I switch to Tyranitar in hopes of getting a free switch and canceling out his rain.

Start of turn 13
Tr0llingSoHard called U mad bro? back!
Tr0llingSoHard sent out SandsOfTime! (Tyranitar)

Pointed stones dug into the foe's SandsOfTime!
The foe's SandsOfTime is hurt by spikes!

The foe's SandsOfTime's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
ZIAH called Politoed back!

The sandstorm rages!

[IMP] ZodiaK: but fun troll set
AnneWintour: lol inb4 whimscott

vs.

aaa74%aaaaaaaaaaaaa54%
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Paralyzed

Ziah double switches out to Ferrothorn, probably hoping to lay down some more Spikes as my Liepard is forced out. I’m sure he suspects Fire Blast from my Tyranitar (I always do), but it’s worth a shot. Also, I don’t want to risk setting up Stealth Rocks and getting Power Whipped or Gyro Balled.

Start of turn 14
ZIAH called Nattorei back!
ZIAH sent out Politoed!

The foe's SandsOfTime used Fire Blast!
Politoed lost 28 HP! (7% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: how the hell do you make these assumptions?

vs.

aaa74%aaaaaaaaaaa67%
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Paralyzed

I have a feeling that Tar won’t be of much use to me in this match, so I go for Stealth Rock in spite of the strong possibility of being hit and probably KOed by a Water move. I was also hoping that he’d get fully Paralyzed or he would Toxic assuming that I had the standard Specially Defensive Tyranitar.

Start of turn 15
The foe's SandsOfTime used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around ZIAH's team!

Rain continues to fall!

vs.

aaa74%aaaaaaaaaaa73%

Like I said, I don’t care about Tyranitar at this point and I don’t think I can win the weather war, so I go for Stone Edge to kill his Politoed as quickly as possible.

Start of turn 16
The foe's SandsOfTime used Stone Edge!
Politoed lost 165 HP! (42% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

vs.

aaa74%aaaaaaaaaaa37%

ZIAH: ff
NightShift is watching the battle.
[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: What basis do you have?
AnneWintour: lol <3
Tr0llingSoHard: ah i troll so gud
ZIAH: bullshit
[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: WHERE IS THE LOGIC
AnneWintour: U stalk ziah
[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: D:

Double parahax is always nice and my Tar is still alive, so I can’t complain. I know he’ll probably switch out now to save his weather starter, but I still don’t know the last two members of his team so I won’t risk a potentially disastrous double switch and will instead stay in and go for the safe Stone Edge.

Start of turn 17
ZIAH sent out Gliscor!

Pointed stones dug into Gliscor!

The attack of the foe's SandsOfTime missed!

Rain continues to fall!

vs.

aaa74%aaaaaaaaaaaa 75%
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa Poisoned (Toxic)

I remember that during the battle I was pretty sure he’d go for Toxic or Fling, but I think that’s because I forgot he didn’t know his Gliscor walls my Tar in the rain (since I only have Fire Blast and Stone Edge). Looking at it now, switching to Gliscor was a very risky move for Ziah, as the standard 252/0 Tar could live an Earthquake from where I was at and KO with Ice Beam if it had it. However, because I thought that he knew he walled me, I saw Poison coming. However, just in case he did decide to go for Earthquake, I didn’t switch right out to my Spexcadrill. Jellicent isn’t that amazing and mine won’t be stalling out anything any time soon, so I decide to let Mr. Pringles take the Poison or Earthquake.

Start of turn 18
Tr0llingSoHard called SandsOfTime back!
Tr0llingSoHard sent out U jelly! (Jellicent)

Pointed stones dug into the foe's U jelly!
The foe's U jelly is hurt by spikes!

Gliscor used Fling!
Gliscor flung its Toxic Orb!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's U jelly lost 28% of its health!
The foe's U jelly was poisoned!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's U jelly restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's U jelly is hurt by poison!

AnneWintour: U think ziah is best player
ZIAH: no
[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: Lol

vs.

aaaa46%aaaaaaaaaa 87%
Poisoned (Toxic)aaPoisoned (Toxic)

I Recover predicting his Protect and decide to spam Surf, seeing as the Rain is up and I have full Special Attack investment.

Start of turn 19
Gliscor used Protect!

The foe's U jelly used Recover!
The foe's U jelly regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: No

vs.

aaaa88%aaaaaaaaaa100%
Poisoned (Toxic)aaPoisoned (Toxic)

Start of turn 20
ZIAH called Gliscor back!

Pointed stones dug into Nattorei!

The foe's U jelly used Surf!
A critical hit!
Nattorei lost 127 HP! (36% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

vs.

aaaa75%aaaaaaaaaaa18%
Poisoned (Toxic)aa Paralyzed

He’s at 18% after Leftovers and a crit did 36%, so I have a good shot to KO with this next Surf and prevent more entry hazards as well as avoid a possible Power Whip.

Start of turn 21
Nattorei lost 65 HP! (18% of its health)

Nattorei used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of Tr0llingSoHard's team!

Rain continues to fall!

[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: Top 10 best wifi players probably
AnneWintour: U think im bad lol

vs.

aaaa56%aaaaaaaaaaaa7%
Poisoned (Toxic)aa Paralyzed

He barely lives the Surf and sets up more Spikes, the worst case scenario. At least the next attack will finish him off. I wanted to Energy Ball so badly right here, but it didn’t look like it would kill, so I had to settle for Surf.

Start of turn 22
Nattorei lost 23 HP! (6% of its health)
Nattorei fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

ZIAH sent out Deoxys-S!
Pointed stones dug into Deoxys-S!

Deoxys-S is exerting its Pressure!

[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: I never said you were bad

vs.

aaaa31%aaaaaaaaaaa46%
Poisoned (Toxic)

SCORE: 6-5, Staches: 1, Hats: 0

Definitely was not expecting Deoxys to come back out. I suspected Thunder or possibly Psycho Boost, but more than anything I was just curious to see what his Deoxys had in store. I stay in and Surf just to be safe.

Start of turn 23
Deoxys-S used Grass Knot!
It's super effective!
The foe's U jelly lost 31% of its health!
The foe's U jelly fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Tr0llingSoHard sent out French kiss! (Togekiss)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's French kiss!

[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: .-.
[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: ._.
[IMP] ZodiaK: wifi is easy
[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: no\
AnneWintour: lol u carry grassknot in DW
[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: DW is easy
ZIAH: shush
AnneWintour: Wifi is a REAL tier

vs.

aaa 75%aaaaaaaaaaaa46%

SCORE: 5-5, Staches: 1, Hats: 1

Grass Knot?! Dat ain’t Jelly. I don’t want to risk him doing weird stuff if I try to Sucker Punch with Cacturne (which would be pretty obvious), so I go to Togekiss to finish him off with ExtremeSpeed. I don’t think he’ll see it coming, so I’m hoping he’ll stay in and I’ll get a free kill.

Start of turn 24
The foe's French kiss used ExtremeSpeed!
Deoxys-S lost 113 HP! (46% of its health)
Deoxys-S fainted!
The foe's French kiss is hurt by its Life Orb!

Rain continues to fall!
ZIAH sent out Jirachi!
Pointed stones dug into Jirachi!

AnneWintour: what?
AnneWintour: lol hustle
[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: ....
[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: .........
AnneWintour: HUSTLE KISS GOOGOGOGOGOGO
ZIAH: eryday im hustling
[PTOB]GangStarr[FFS]: lol
Tr0llingSoHard: you have no idea how fun this is

vs.

aaa 65%aaaaaaaaaa93%

SCORE: 5-4

Deoxys fails to get to first base with Togekiss and instead gets the kiss of death. Ouch. I’m assuming his Jirachi is everyone’s favorite Rain Rachi, so I switch to Tyranitar to take away his rain and tank a possible incoming Thunder. No point in losing Togekiss if I don’t have to.

Start of turn 25
Tr0llingSoHard called French kiss back!
Tr0llingSoHard sent out SandsOfTime! (Tyranitar)

Pointed stones dug into the foe's SandsOfTime!
The foe's SandsOfTime is hurt by spikes!

The foe's SandsOfTime's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
Jirachi used Thunder!
The foe's SandsOfTime lost 24% of its health!
The foe's SandsOfTime is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The sandstorm rages!
Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

[IMP] ZodiaK: i can imagine

vs.

aaa20%aaaaaaaaaa 100%
aParalyzed

Although the Thunder Paralyzes me, it allows me to activate my secret weapon—Custap Berry. With the Rain gone and Ziah probably thinking he can just stay in and finish me off with Water Pulse, things look just right for me to roast that Jirachi with a Fire Blast. Let’s just hope I don’t get fully Paralyzed.

Start of turn 26
ZIAH called Jirachi back!
ZIAH sent out Politoed!

Pointed stones dug into Politoed!

The foe's SandsOfTime ate its Custap Berry!
The foe's SandsOfTime is already preparing its next move!
The foe's SandsOfTime used Fire Blast!
The attack of the foe's SandsOfTime missed!

Rain continues to fall!

Tr0llingSoHard: :/
AnneWintour: LOLOLOLOL

vs.

aaa20%aaaaaaaaaaa30%
aParalyzedaaaaaa Paralyzed

That was unexpected, to say the least. I suppose he wanted to get his Rain up safely while he still could. My Custap is wasted, his Jirachi is still at full health, Rain is now permanently up for the rest of the match, and my Tyranitar is a sitting duck. The situation is looking grim from here. I don’t know if he’ll keep his Politoed in or go to Gliscor, but either way Stone Edge is my best bet.

Start of turn 27
ZIAH sent out Gliscor!

Pointed stones dug into Gliscor!

Gliscor lost 120 HP! (34% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

[IMP] ZodiaK: i remember using a team of only annoyers

vs.

aaa20%aaaaaaaaaaaa 66%
aParalyzedaaaaa Poisoned (Toxic)

Although I know his Gliscor can easily kill me with Earthquake, it’s pointless to switch out seeing as I would die coming back in from entry hazards. Even if I could safely switch back in, my Tar is near useless now that he’s Paralyzed and without his Custap Berry. Letting Tyranitar die also gives me a free switch to Spexcadrill, a good trade considering I can OHKO Gliscor with Spexcadrill’s signature HP Ice.

Start of turn 28
Gliscor used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's SandsOfTime lost 21% of its health!
The foe's SandsOfTime fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Tr0llingSoHard sent out Spexcadrill! (Excadrill)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Spexcadrill!
The foe's Spexcadrill is hurt by spikes!

J. Lennon is watching the battle.
[IMP] ZodiaK: torm tran, torm glisc, subseed serp
[IMP] ZodiaK: tspikes
Tr0llingSoHard: liiiiiive

vs.

aaa 77%aaaaaaaaaaa 78%
Spectacles: OnaaaPoisoned (Toxic)

SCORE: 4-4

Spexcadrill, it’s your time to shine. I wasn’t sure if this would work because if someone brings an Excadrill in on your Gliscor, you know something’s up. The name’s also a dead giveaway, but using any other name would make him significantly less epic. Still, whenever it does work (which is quite often, although that’s usually against unsuspecting nubs) it’s hilarious. My comment was my attempt at baiting Ziah so that he wouldn’t switch out his Gliscor. Even though the Sand isn’t up, I’m pretty sure I’ll outspeed, so I confidently select HP Ice. My spectacles will be the last thing his bat ever sees before it dies an ironic, icy death.

Start of turn 29
Gliscor used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Spexcadrill lost 80% of its health!
The foe's Spexcadrill fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Tr0llingSoHard sent out U mad bro?! (Liepard)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's U mad bro?!
The foe's U mad bro? is hurt by spikes!

Tr0llingSoHard: what the fuck
ZIAH: spexxx
Tr0llingSoHard: how fast are you
[IMP] ZodiaK: no sand
[IMP] ZodiaK: brah
ZIAH: enough to outspeed jolly loom
AnneWintour: cause rain
Tr0llingSoHard: i know theres no sand
AnneWintour: hp ice exca?
Tr0llingSoHard: im trolling, not retarded
[IMP] ZodiaK: hp ice exca
Tr0llingSoHard: and ofc hp ice
[IMP] ZodiaK: is what pro trollers
[IMP] ZodiaK: do
AnneWintour: HP ice + ice gem im guessing
[IMP] ZodiaK: nah
[IMP] ZodiaK: life orb
Tr0llingSoHard: specs...
[IMP] ZodiaK: does it
Tr0llingSoHard: hence spexcadrill
AnneWintour: fcking plat pulled dat in me
[IMP] ZodiaK: retardee
Tr0llingSoHard: you guys dont get it, huh
AnneWintour: on me*
[IMP] ZodiaK: life orb 252 modest
[IMP] ZodiaK: 1HKOs

vs.

PIII68%NGASSSSSS 91%
aaaaaaaaaaaaaPoisoned (Toxic),
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa+1 Cockblock

SCORE: 3-4

You gotta be shitting me. My Gliscor check gets killed by the very Gliscor it was meant to defeat and now Gliscor, together with Jirachi, walls the rest of my team. My only hope now is to hax my way to victory (admittedly, though, this is what happens half the time I win anyway). I send out Liepard for some more tricks, but first I’ll Sub to scout his response. If I’m lucky, he might switch out like he did the last time his Gliscor was up against Liepard. If not, nothing lost.

Start of turn 30
The foe's U mad bro? used Substitute!
The foe's U mad bro? made a substitute!

Gliscor used Acrobatics!
The foe's U mad bro?'s substitute faded!

Rain continues to fall!

vs.

aaa49%aaaaaaaaaa100%
aaaaaaaaaaaa Poisoned (Toxic)

It’s clear his Gliscor isn’t going anywhere, leaving me no choice but to Swagger and hope he hits himself in Confusion. You can do it Liepard!

Start of turn 31
Gliscor's Attack sharply rose!
Gliscor became confused!

Gliscor is confused!
Gliscor used Acrobatics!

The foe's U mad bro? lost 52% of its health!
The foe's U mad bro? fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Tr0llingSoHard sent out Green Goblin! (Cacturne)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Green Goblin!
The foe's Green Goblin is hurt by spikes!

[IMP] ZodiaK: haxchomp
[IMP] ZodiaK: go

vs.

aaa68% aaaaaaaa 100%
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa+2 Attack,
aaaaaaaaaaa Poisoned (Toxic),
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa Confused

SCORE: 2-4

…Or not. At this point my fate is almost sealed. He would have to hit himself twice in confusion for me to even have a shot at getting past his Gliscor. On top of that, my sand is gone, meaning Sand Veil can’t help me now.

Start of turn 32
Gliscor is confused!

Gliscor lost 41 HP! (11% of its health)

The foe's Green Goblin used Substitute!
The foe's Green Goblin made a substitute!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Green Goblin restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

[IMP] ZodiaK: got da fusion

vs.

aaa49% aaaaaaaa 100%
Substituteaaaaa +2 Attack,
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa Confused

I’m now safely behind a Substitute, but I know a +2 Sucker Punch won’t even come close to OHKOing Gliscor. Regardless, my best option here is to Swords Dance. If he can hit himself just one more time, I’ll be able to boost to +4 Attack before being vulnerable.

Start of turn 33
Gliscor is confused!
Gliscor used Acrobatics!

It's super effective!
The foe's Green Goblin's substitute faded!

The foe's Green Goblin used Swords Dance!
The foe's Green Goblin's Attack sharply rose!

Rain continues to fall!

ZIAH: -__-
AnneWintour: lol ziah why u encourage the clans btw
[IMP] ZodiaK: da nonsand

vs.

aaa55% aaaaaaaa 100%
+2 Attackaaaaaa+2 Attack,
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa Confused

It looks like the end is near. I’m no longer behind a Substitute and there’s only a 50% chance I won’t be annihilated this coming turn. I also have a bad feeling that his Gliscor is going to snap out of its Confusion this turn, which would mean the end for Cacturne and my team. I go for Sucker Punch, which can 2HKO if he gets Confusion hax. If he hits himself, I might just win. If not, I lose.

Start of turn 34
The foe's Green Goblin used Sucker Punch!
A critical hit!
Gliscor lost 352 HP! (100% of its health)
Gliscor fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

ZIAH sent out Jirachi!
Pointed stones dug into Jirachi!

ZIAH: oh
[IMP] ZodiaK: go dem crits
ZIAH: my
ZIAH: god
AnneWintour: ...
Tr0llingSoHard: THIS MAKES IT ALL SO WORTH IT
AnneWintour: u have kingdra
ZIAH: SUCKER PUNCH?
Tr0llingSoHard: i am loling so hard right now irl

vs.

aaa62% aaaaaaa 93%
+2 Attack,
BEASTMODE
ACTIVATED

SCORE: 2-3, Staches: 1, Hats: 2

CACTURNE IS A BOSS FROM ARIZONA. Cacturne has some more hax up his sleeve and crits the Sucker Punch for the kill! Ziah still has half of his team left, but I have a +2 Cacturne, and Cacturne’s STAB +2 Sucker Punch is nothing to fuck with. With Sub, Focus Punch, and Sucker Punch, it’s all prediction; luckily for me, Ziah and I are evenly matched in this arena (unlike our teams). I know his Jirachi can’t hit me for too much damage and I also know he’ll Sub to scout my move. With this in mind, I don’t even bother Subbing and go straight for the Falcon Punch.

Start of turn 35
The foe's Green Goblin is tightening its focus!
Jirachi used Substitute!
Jirachi made a substitute!

The foe's Green Goblin used Focus Punch!
Jirachi's substitute faded!

Rain continues to fall!

Tr0llingSoHard: show me ya moves son

vs.

aaa68% aaaaaaa 75%
+2 Attack,
BEASTMODE
ACTIVATED

I don’t think he’ll fall for the same thing twice, so I risk a Sucker Punch predicting his attack. This could spell disaster if he Subs again, but I think I’ve got this.

Start of turn 36
Jirachi lost 300 HP! (74% of its health)

Jirachi used Thunder!
The foe's Green Goblin lost 30% of its health!
The foe's Green Goblin is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Rain continues to fall!

Tr0llingSoHard: and ofc he lives by 1%
[IMP] ZodiaK: dem paras
Tr0llingSoHard: fml
ZIAH: 28 hp

vs.

aaa44% aaaaaaaa7%
+2 Attack,
Paralyzed,
BEASTMODE
ACTIVATED

Fantastic. He barely lives and now I’m paralyzed, but I can still win as long as I don’t get parahaxed. The good news is that he’s so low that he can’t Substitute if I do Sucker Punch, so I feel safe Sucker Punching again. My only worry is being stalled out of Sucker Punches, but I feel confident that my prediction skills will allow me to kill his Jirachi before it gets to that point.

Start of turn 37
But it failed!

Jirachi used Calm Mind!
Jirachi's Sp. Att. rose!
Jirachi's Sp. Def. rose!

Rain continues to fall!

ZIAH: not too bad

vs.

aaa50% aaaaaaa 13%
+2 Attack,aaaa+1 SAtk
Paralyzed,aaaa +1 SDef
BEASTMODE
ACTIVATED

I guess the Calm Mind wasn’t that hard to see coming, but I wasn’t going to risk it. I Sucker Punch again hoping that he’ll attack me this turn.

Start of turn 38
The foe's Green Goblin is paralyzed! It can't move!

Jirachi used Water Pulse!
The foe's Green Goblin lost 36% of its health!
The foe's Green Goblin became confused!

Rain continues to fall!

AnneWintour: GOOOO TROLLING

vs.

aaa21% aaaaaaa 19%
+2 Attack,aaaa+1 SAtk
Paralyzed,aaaa +1 SDef
Confused,
BEASTMODE
STILL ACTIVATED

Jirachi gives Cacturne a taste of his own medicine, getting the parafusion on me as I get fully paralyzed and reminding Cacturne who the real king of hax is. At this point, I’m done playing games and attempt to Focus Punch for the kill.

Start of turn 39
Jirachi used Calm Mind!
Jirachi's Sp. Att. rose!
Jirachi's Sp. Def. rose!

The foe's Green Goblin is confused!

Jirachi lost 78 HP! (19% of its health)
Jirachi fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
ZIAH sent out Politoed!
Pointed stones dug into Politoed!

AnneWintour: GOOOOO TROLLING
AnneWintour: CMON
Tr0llingSoHard: YUS
AnneWintour: WIN
AnneWintour: GO TROLLING
Tr0llingSoHard: WE CAN DO THIS
AnneWintour: GO
AnneWintour: PLEASE WIN
AnneWintour: PLEASE
ZIAH: lol
AnneWintour: < biased
Tr0llingSoHard: if i win
ZIAH: i hate u
Tr0llingSoHard: i dont even know what i would do
AnneWintour: <3 u too ziah
Tr0llingSoHard: this would be the most epic moment
[IMP] ZodiaK: i do
Tr0llingSoHard: evar
ZIAH: no u dnt
Tr0llingSoHard: what do you guys think, focus punch or sucker punch?
ZIAH: toed shud be faster
ZIAH: bloody slow goblins

vs.

aaa27% aaaaaaa 17%
+2 Attack,aaaaParalyzed
Paralyzed,
Confused,
BEASTMODE
ACTIVATED

SCORE: 2-2, Staches: 1, Hats: 3

Finally some crowd support! Here I realize that for the first time in the match I have a good shot at victory. I thought that Politoed going for the Perish Song would be obvious and he would use Ice Beam (assuming he had it) to catch me Focus Punching, so I Sucker Punch instead.

Start of turn 40
The foe's Green Goblin snapped out its confusion!

Politoed used Perish Song!
All Pokémon hearing the song will faint in three turns!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Green Goblin's perish count fell to 3.
Politoed's perish count fell to 3.

[IMP] ZodiaK: focus or sub
Tr0llingSoHard: dangit
[IMP] ZodiaK: naturally
[IMP] ZodiaK: woulda been best
AnneWintour: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

vs.

aaa33% aaaaaaa 23%
+2 Attack,aaaaParalyzed
Paralyzed,aaaaPerish in 3
BEASTMODE
ACTIVATED,
Perish in 3

Not this again. Now I have three turns to win it and my predictions have to be perfect. His last Poke, which I was told earlier was Kingdra (although I couldn’t be entirely sure), can easily live an ExtremeSpeed from my Togekiss, meaning the fate of the match rests solely with our dear cactus.

Start of turn 41
Politoed used Protect!
Politoed protected itself!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Green Goblin's perish count fell to 2.
Politoed's perish count fell to 2.

[IMP] ZodiaK: fail

vs.

aaa39% aaaaaaa 30%
+2 Attack,aaaaParalyzed
Paralyzed,aaaaPerish in 2
BEASTMODE
ACTIVATED,
Perish in 2

I think I Sucker Punched there, although it didn’t matter. I don’t think he’ll risk Protecting twice in a row, which means that he would Ice Beam, so I should Sucker Punch. I thought he would predict this, so I Focus Punch expecting his last Poke (hopefully Kingdra) to switch in on what he thinks will be my Sucker Punch.

Start of turn 42
Politoed used Protect!
But it failed!

Politoed lost 116 HP! (30% of its health)
Politoed fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Green Goblin's perish count fell to 1.
ZIAH sent out Kingdra!
Pointed stones dug into Kingdra!

ZIAH: ouch
[IMP] ZodiaK: oi
Tr0llingSoHard: if this bastard is sub or dd
Tr0llingSoHard: i will cry
ZIAH: PARALZYEEEE
AnneWintour: hot aussies on amazing race lol
[IMP] ZodiaK: surf

vs.

aaa46%aaaaaaa 87%
+2 Attack,
Paralyzed,
BEASTMODE
ACTIVATED,
Perish in 1

SCORE: 2-1, Staches: 1, Hats: 4

This is it. If I don’t get parahaxed, I win. The entire match has been building up to this one turn. I know I have a 75% chance to win, but I think Cacturne might crack under the pressure. Regardless of who wins, it was an amazing match, but if I win, it would make it that much more epic. The suspense is killing me. I click Sucker Punch and await my fate.

Start of turn 43
Kingdra lost 256 HP! (87% of its health)
Kingdra fainted!

FINAL SCORE: 2-0, Staches: 1, Hats: 5

Tr0llingSoHard won the battle!
Tr0llingSoHard: get trolled, son
ZIAH: well played...

ZIAH: pfft
[IMP] ZodiaK: lol
Tr0llingSoHard: OOOHHHHHH
AnneWintour: WOOOO
ZIAH: haha
Tr0llingSoHard: GET FUCKGIN RAPED
AnneWintour: TOOOOOONGA
ZIAH: u haxor
Tr0llingSoHard: WOMBO COMBOOOOOOO
AnneWintour: TONGGAAAAAAA
ZIAH: but still
AnneWintour: TONGGAAAAAAA
AnneWintour: TONGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ZIAH: that was fun lol
ZIAH: piss off u 2
ZIAH: gg
AnneWintour: TONGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAA TONGAAAAAA
Tr0llingSoHard: good game bro

"GET YO ASS WHOOPED!" is a gross understatement. Winning against a player of Ziah’s caliber is an accomplishment in itself, but beating him with this team is nothing short of legendary. This battle is the single most amazing thing I have ever witnessed in Pokemon and I hope was inspiring or at least entertaining for you as well. It’s awesome that Ziah was a good sport about it, too; I talked to him later and he said he enjoyed having a fun, not super serious battle for a change.

Props
+Cacturne for being a boss and never Focus Punching behind a Substitute.
+Liepard for being untouchable for the first quarter of the battle and getting off what turned out to be the game winning Swagger.
+Ziah for giving me a great match and being a cool dude about the whole thing.

Slops
-Spexcadrill for doing absolutely nothing (except looking fly in his stunna shades).

MVP

Holding it down for the Hats and pulling off an amazing late game sweep—all in a day's work.

Here's the importable version of my team for any lovers, haters, admirers, team stealers, or people who just want to have some fun:
U mad bro? (Liepard) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 248 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Swagger
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave

SandsOfTime (Tyranitar) (F) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Endure

Spexcadrill (Excadrill) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rapid Spin
- Brick Break

Green Goblin (Cacturne) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Focus Punch
- Sucker Punch

U jelly (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Swagger
- Energy Ball
- Recover
- Surf

French kiss (Togekiss) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Work Up
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Blast
- Drain Punch

And remember:
(23:01) Tr0llingSoHard: and its not about winning
(23:02) Tr0llingSoHard: its about trolling the fuck out of other people
(23:02) Tr0llingSoHard: and beatiing ziah along the way
Shoutout to ZodiaK for the inspiration for the title.

(19:55:22) ±Porygon: Your rank in DW OU is 208/20420 [1294 points / 39 battles]!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
this was pretty chill.

8/10 purely for energy ball jellicent (sadly he never used his energy magic) but then you have to subtract 2/10 for PO server and the fact that people still use AcroBling there (what day is it, March?) Spexcadrill was pretty cool though, so add back 1/10 and you got a 7/10

10 for overall cool-story-bro story bro
-2 for PO
2 for DW OU (though smogon DW OU is a joke)
-100 for using spexcadrill shits weak as hell
+98 for using chester

6/10

AcroFling Gliscor is prevalent in DW solely because of Techniloom, who can OHKO 252/252+ Gliscor with a +2 LO 3 hit Bullet Seed after SR damage (pretty much Breloom Spores something, SDs as you switch to Gliscor, and then kills you as you do 50% with Ice Fang/Facade). And after Gliscor's dead, Loom will proceed to rape the remainder of your team. Didn't expect Smogoners to understand.

XD that was great. but, while i'm here.... inb4 nobody wants to read a haxxy warstory (that's utter bullshit when it's that hilarious XD actually, since that's most of the time, it's bullshit anyway :D) great warstory, i have no clue who Ziah is (i don't really follow the who's-who of pokemon), but i'll take your word that he's a great player, so kudos for beating him.

EDIT: I don't know how to rate these, otherwise i'd lovedisc the hell out of this :D
EDIT EDIT: nevermind, found it. gonna lovedisc it now :D

11/10. Fuck those boring war stories of two stall teams slowly killing each others in 100+ turns.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
pretty cool warstory. I was really excited to see that Sexcadrill(much better name) in action, but I was very disapoint :(. It's cool that you featured gimmicks in your warstory, but I feel like you didn't do a very good job at showcasing them. Dead sexcadrill, didn't set up with Togekiss and didn't use Endure on ttar.

I really don't like it. You claim to be a good battler but this win only came due to hax, a lot of hax and, therefore, luck. No skill, poor battle.

3/10

No 0 due to format and good commentary.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Definite Luvdisc. The end was just ridiculous when it came down to it. Through paralysis, confusion, and then PERISH SONG, you managed to pull out a win. Simply brilliant. I wish Spexcadrill would have gotten some action, but Cacturne made up for it. Well done.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you do realize that his screen name (in the story) is Tr0llingSoHard, right?
Which begs the question of how this is a good story. Crits, misses, confusion hits, and let's not mention that Cacturne sweep at the end. All of it was heavily reliant on luck, which is not the point of a warstory. Sure, the occasional unlucky crit can be amusing to see, but this takes it to an extreme. Plus using sets like Specs Excadrill makes me somewhat skeptical as a whole.

You tried to make a warstory that was fun and not meant to be taken seriously. Kudos. Cacturn FTW.

11/10 and a luvdisc

Which begs the question of how this is a good story. Crits, misses, confusion hits, and let's not mention that Cacturne sweep at the end. All of it was heavily reliant on luck, which is not the point of a warstory. Sure, the occasional unlucky crit can be amusing to see, but this takes it to an extreme. Plus using sets like Specs Excadrill makes me somewhat skeptical as a whole.
This.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I fail to understand how the mass of users posting here think this was a "good" warstory. I must agree with Gen. Empoleon, as well as MagorGambit about the quality of the warstory. If this type of warstory is considered "11/10", I'm afraid we can only go down from there.

2/10

A warstory is usually graded on commentary, prediction, and how little hax there was. As with other users, I'd have to say the hax absolutely ruined it for me. If you ever do make another warstory, please look at the Warstory Archive to see what is the norm for good warstories. Thank you.

Your teams amazing swag has shown me the light. I must now create my own trolltastic team.

On a more serious note 8/10 for formatting and 6/10 for haxiness of the battle.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
@danmo96

Does that mean an extremely haxy battle gets 15 "luvdisc"s, while some archived warstories that are actually serious, and less "amusing" as you put it, have less than that? Either way, I think the biggest problem I had with this is that I came here to see a serious, fun warstory. I find that fun and amusing. However, getting up to Turn 15, I concluded that the warstory would just be hax, and skipped to the comments, whee I saw stuff like 11/10 and chuck Norris/10. And it seems that I have been ninja'd by a user, who commented "Your teams amazing swag has shown me the light. I must now create my own trolltastic team." If the maturity level of the posters here has been degraded to the fact they will fawn over a battle that was a dream world battle, the OP was/is a troll, and he based his team on a Cacturne and a Specs Excadrill, and that this sort of thread will elicit the replies it did, it just shows me that perhaps the Poster of the Week reward won't be as hard to win as I thought it was.

And if this thread wasn't meant to be taken seriously, why were some other "joke" threads locked? Pelliper, for example: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81403

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I liked this warstory simply because it's not meant to be taken seriously.

9/10. I took off some points for the battle's haxiness but then I added on some points because Specs Excadrill is hilarious.

a fairy

Community Leader
I have no problem with them wanting such a warstory. However, to treat it like it's a perfect warstory, that I have a problem with.

Also some other things, but those are not to be said in public, as they not need to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)