Dex Bug Report & Structural Changes Thread

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
More testing needed, but it looks like Sandy Shocks is incorrectly unaffected by Stun Spore. You can see this on turn 9 of this replay.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1778211676

I haven't posted on these forums in a long time and I'm looking for a bug report place and this is the closest I've found. Sorry if I overlooked a more appropriate place to share this.
if this were a bug report based on showdown mechanics, it goes in this thread. the thread here is for bugs related to the smogon pokedex.

as for this game, sandy shocks doesn't have immunity to powder moves (which appears to be what you're reporting). as of generation 6, electric types can't be paralyzed, which is why stun spore fails.

Greetings! I think I found a bug in random battles in this match my eternatus pressure was not working against slack off on skeledirge

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9randombattle-1784276560-sk4smv5bhmzectib5kcblsnpjsvtv9lpw

This made him able to stall me and kill me while otherwise I would have killed him with my dynamax canon
Pressure works only when the move is targeting the Pokemon with pressure, so it doesn't work on self-targeting moves (except imprison and snatch).
source
Also this thread is for the Smogon dex. Showdown! bugs should be reported here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bug-reports-v4-read-original-post-before-posting.3663703/

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I think this is the right thread for this? It's not a bug but it's an addition to a move page which I think doesn't go in the other thread.

I feel like the Axe Kick page should probably mention that unlike all other types of confusion, which last 2-5 turns, Axe Kick inflicts confusion that lasts 3-5 turns. Smogdex tends to cover weird nuances that exist in other moves, so I think it's worth mentioning this on Axe Kick since its poorly documented elsewhere.

memesketch

won't look back, i must shine
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
https://www.smogon.com/dex/sv/formats/cap/
The CAP Pokemon with signature abilities are not listed as having these abilities in the SV Dex, despite two of them having these abilities in their sample sets. Namely, Colossoil is missing Rebound, Fidgit is missing Persistent, and Syclant is missing Mountaineer. The discrepancy appears both on the CAP dex listing and on the mons' individual pages. Aside from these Pokemon not being listed under their respective abilities, the abilities are noted as being only available in NatDex formats instead of being noted as part of the CAP project.

Using the page for Rebound from SS and from SV as an example:
Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 7.08.10 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 7.08.15 PM.png

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
The description of Solganium Z and Lunalium Z do not state the name of their respective Z-move, it just states that they can use a special Z-Move. Would be better to state they are Searing Sunraze Smash and Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom, respectively. (Or is it this way due to character limitations?)

Last edited:

Theia

You love me for everything you hate me for
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
I'm posting here to let you know that regarding the smogon dex for SS OU, Sand Veil, Snow Cloak, and Moody are not listed among the list of banned abilities and that Bright Powder and Lax Incense are not listed among the banned items even though they were all banned from SS OU a long time ago.
Good morning, I've added in the missing abilities and chaos has kindly updated clauses page linked on the dex page to include Evasion Items Clause, which covers Bright Powder and Lax Incense. Thanks for pointing these out!

1707719510800.png
This happens most of the time when I drag the window to one half of the desktop. It doesn't happen if just make the window that size, only if I drag it to a half to become half sized. Pretty sure that this is an attempt to keep the search lists there, but they're still there if I make it half-sized manually, so I don't see why if couldn't be fixed.

(Im on windows btw, no idea if it does this on mac or linux)

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
This happens most of the time when I drag the window to one half of the desktop. It doesn't happen if just make the window that size, only if I drag it to a half to become half sized. Pretty sure that this is an attempt to keep the search lists there, but they're still there if I make it half-sized manually, so I don't see why if couldn't be fixed.

(Im on windows btw, no idea if it does this on mac or linux)
Thanks for letting me know, I'll take a look.

In the analysis for Ting-Lu in VGC Regulation F, it should link to Ursaluna-Blood Moon in this sentence but it doesn't:

Thanks to Vessel of Ruin, it can slow down the metagame's special attacking composition, like Farigiraf + Ursaluna-B and Indeedee + Iron Crown.
Farigiraf, Indeedee, and Iron Crown work as intended.

Edit: this is also the case in the Farigiraf analysis.

Flutter Mane is an excellent partner, as it can handily deal with the Dark-types that Farigiraf struggles against, and Ursaluna-B is a strong Trick Room sweeper that enjoys being immune to the Fake Out cycling from Incineroar and Rillaboom.

Last edited:

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
In the analysis for Ting-Lu in VGC Regulation F, it should link to Ursaluna-Blood Moon in this sentence but it doesn't:

Farigiraf, Indeedee, and Iron Crown work as intended.

Edit: this is also the case in the Farigiraf analysis.
I made this functionality editable by badgeholders a bit ago, but I don't think anyone has made use of it yet. Feel free to click the [Aliases] button and add whatever is necessary.

edit: to be clear, the pokemon is called Ursaluna-Bloodmoon on the dex, using a different name in writing requires an alias

hey, think I already discovered another bug. The entry for Ability Shield says that Arceus-grass and Arceus-ground have movesets recommending it but none of their sets have it. Unless I'm missing something, this is definitely a bug

grape tylenol

HAVE YOU SEEN MY MCDOUBLE?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
extremely minor visual bug:
1710362055414.png
haven't noticed this prior to today, as far as i can tell it only appears when you are editing a strategy and when the browser window is not full screen. i'm using firefox version 123.0.1 (64 bit) on windows 11

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)