Dex Bug Report & Structural Changes Thread

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
Nothing for generation 7 seems to work. And it's not just for that generation, it's any generation that isn't sword and shield. It doesn't show up and then gives me an error message saying that the page couldn't be found on the dex.
It seems to work for me? Can you give an example URL that doesn't work for you, and the browser you're using?

Castform is missing its shiny sprite in Gen3 on Showdown, which is purple with gold eyespots. This sprite is absent even from the index of sprites here:

Index of /sprites/gen3-shiny
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/gen3-shiny/

All there is is the normal sprite. This has been the case for at least a year as I've been aware of it.

Not sure if this is the best place to post about this. If not please redirect me.

Castform is missing its shiny sprite in Gen3 on Showdown, which is purple with gold eyespots. This sprite is absent even from the index of sprites here:

Index of /sprites/gen3-shiny
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/gen3-shiny/

All there is is the normal sprite. This has been the case for at least a year as I've been aware of it.

Not sure if this is the best place to post about this. If not please redirect me.
Castform's alternate forms actually didn't have shinies until Pokémon Home. Blame Game Freak, not us.

Castform's alternate forms actually didn't have shinies until Pokémon Home. Blame Game Freak, not us.
Well I'm specifically talking about the base form, which did have a shiny sprite in RSE. Even if the weather forms wouldn't be any differently colored, it wouldn't mean to me that the base form would be excluded altogether from PS!; especially considering that Jirachi's and Celebi's are considered illegal for use yet still present in teambuilder.

Well I'm specifically talking about the base form, which did have a shiny sprite in RSE. Even if the weather forms wouldn't be any differently colored, it wouldn't mean to me that the base form would be excluded altogether from PS!; especially considering that Jirachi's and Celebi's are considered illegal for use yet still present in teambuilder.
Shit you're right lol, my bad. I legit didn't notice until now (I don't play ADV).

Yeah, that probably needs to be fixed.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Link to suggest a change to the dex links to a forum for suggesting Pokemon Showdown changes instead of Contributions and Corrections. For instance, in https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/moves/fling/ it ends with

(Inadequate description? Let us know in this forum.)
The Smogdex pulls descriptions of moves, items, and Abilities from Pokemon Showdown's data, so technically the suggestions forum is the right place to link to. I wasn't a huge fan of the change either since I have the C&C thread on watch and not the PS forum, but that's the reasoning. Either way, I'm usually the one who writes descriptions so I'll see your messages and deal with supplementing the info regardless of where you post.

Pumpkaboo & Gourgeist's non-base formes do not display their moves properly in the dex:
1640993067029.png

Bizarrely, Super forme Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist display just 4 moves in their Moves section:
1640993119690.png

There's also a possibility that this issue arises with other Pokemon formes (ex. Resolute Keldeo or Totem mons which i'd argue shouldn't be differentiated in the smogdex anyways but i digress) but I'm unable to verify it at the moment.

Thank you very much and have a Happy New Year! :)

When I search for a Pokemon, the dex doesn't consistently display its hidden ability to the right of its regular abilities. For example, when I search for Sandshrew, it displays sand rush on the right and sand veil on the left.

Noticed from the analysis from that's currently at the top of Smogon's Twitter:

Pheromosa's background is incorrect as the wings are supposed to be semi-transparent. The (non-animated) version on the right should have the correct transparent background. The blue striped animated background in fact comes from the background of the Pokedex page:

3aeeeddd8acfb4106c898779f96c5317.png

Last edited:

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/abilities/power-of-alchemy/

It reads as follows in SM and SS

This Pokemon copies the Ability of an ally that faints. Abilities that cannot be copied are "No Ability", As One, Battle Bond, Comatose, Disguise, Flower Gift, Forecast, Gulp Missile, Hunger Switch, Ice Face, Illusion, Imposter, Multitype, Neutralizing Gas, Power Construct, Power of Alchemy, Receiver, RKS System, Schooling, Shields Down, Stance Change, Trace, Wonder Guard, and Zen Mode.

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
The data of Metronome states that there's no Z effect for it, and while this is true, there's no Z metronome per se, it would be helpful to indicate that it becomes the Z version of the move selected. This information isn't on the dex.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I was trying to look at Mandibuzz's smoogon analysis for national dex but it is not working :(
This is not a bug. Mandibuzz is not ranked in standard NatDex so an analysis of it simply doesn't exist. While it is low ranked in ND UU, no one seems to have picked it up to write. Hope this cleans things up.

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, so my apologies if not.

I was doing some team building for SV doubles, I noticed indeedee-f cannot learn trick room, despite being able to learn it according to serebii via TM. I'm not sure if that's intentional, or if this is a mistake.

I noticed indeedee-f cannot learn trick room, despite being able to learn it according to serebii via TM.
It doesn't learn it via TM, that was a mistake on Serebii's end (since been fixed). There's a game move error from Tera Raid Battles. The 5 Star Tera Raids for Female Indeedee directly copy the male's moveset, which mistakenly includes Trick Room. Weirdly this makes the raid impossible to host online to others, but Trick Room Female Indeedee is still usable online/can be traded without forgetting the move.

This seems opposite from how the glitched Hydro Pump Drilbur raids were handled in SWSH, which were hostable online but the caught Drilbur were completely blocked from trading or being used online unless the move is forgotten.

Edit: Since sometime early December (around the 5th?), the raids appear to be publicly hostable now, they appear in the random raids menu, and no longer cause an error message when others attempt to join.

Last edited:
Salt Cure is getting passed on by Baton Pass.

bulbapedia states:
  • Salt Cure inflicts 1/8 of the target's maximum HP as damage per turn in addition to the damage dealt when it is used. If a Steel or Water type is affected by Salt Cure, the amount of damage per turn is ¼ of its maximum HP. The effect is removed when the afflicted Pokémon is switched out. Salt Cure cannot be passed by Baton Pass.

More testing needed, but it looks like Sandy Shocks is incorrectly unaffected by Stun Spore. You can see this on turn 9 of this replay.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1778211676

I haven't posted on these forums in a long time and I'm looking for a bug report place and this is the closest I've found. Sorry if I overlooked a more appropriate place to share this.

Edit: sorry x2. Wrong thread AND not a bug.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)