Dex Bug Report & Structural Changes Thread

The move learnset list for Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist Large and Small are empty, for Super it only lists the moves astonish, scary face, poltergeist and trick-or-treat.

This page just says "Urshifu" when it should say "Urshifu-Single-Strike". I'm pretty sure this counts as a bug report, but please tell me if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

Blimax

https://www.youtube.com/c/Blimaxx
is a Top Tiering Contributor
The Dragon's Maw ability of Regi Draco is incorrect.
On using /dex Dragons Maw , it displays
Dragon's MawThis Pokemon's attacking stat is multiplied by 1.5 while using an electric type attack.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
The Dragon's Maw ability of Regi Draco is incorrect.
On using /dex Dragons Maw , it displays
Dragon's MawThis Pokemon's attacking stat is multiplied by 1.5 while using an electric type attack.
already fixed will be live soon

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
In reference to this PR to get the moves removed from int formats on PS itself.

I'm not sure if Japanese Event Moves from Generation 1 should be noted in movepools on the dex. These cannot be used in Smogon's formats at least, as you can't get these events internationally without corrupting your save file. As such, they're only legal for use in Japanese formats, which PS does not simulate. I don't know what the precedent is for something like this, but as-is, it seems misleading.

This includes;
  • Dragon Rage Magikarp
  • Fly Pikachu
  • Pay Day Rapidash
  • Pay Day Fearow

AllTerrainVen0moth

Banned deucer.
In reference to this PR to get the moves removed from int formats on PS itself.

I'm not sure if Japanese Event Moves from Generation 1 should be noted in movepools on the dex. These cannot be used in Smogon's formats at least, as you can't get these events internationally without corrupting your save file. As such, they're only legal for use in Japanese formats, which PS does not simulate. I don't know what the precedent is for something like this, but as-is, it seems misleading.

This includes;
  • Dragon Rage Magikarp
  • Fly Pikachu
  • Pay Day Rapidash
  • Pay Day Fearow
Theyre useless moves anyway

AllTerrainVen0moth

Banned deucer.
OU bugs
1: It says Power Construct isnt banned. It is.
2: It links to the wrong metagame discussion forum.
3: Minisprites for the new mons dont exist yet

https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/moves/psyshock/
https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/abilities/ice-scales/
https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/abilities/fur-coat/

i recently found out that psyshock's damage is still halved by ice scales despite it targeting frosmoth's defense stat, this might be a bit too specific but i feel like this isn't obvious and should be mentioned in ice scales' description at least? it's also probably more accurate to say that abilities like ice scales and fur coat halve damage taken from special/physical attacks respectively, and not that they double the spd/def stats.

OU bugs
1: It says Power Construct isnt banned. It is.
2: It links to the wrong metagame discussion forum.
3: Minisprites for the new mons dont exist yet
submitted an update to include power construct, everything else has already been sorted

e: i wasn't aware of this thread and previously suggested in another thread that the hyperlink in the dex for suggesting changes should link to the ps suggestions forum, but it should link to this thread instead

1606915569776.png

Last edited:

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
it's also probably more accurate to say that abilities like ice scales and fur coat halve damage taken from special/physical attacks respectively, and not that they double the spd/def stats.
The reason both Fur Coat and Ice Scales reduce damage from Psyshock is precisely because it calculates damage using Defense while still being a special attack. It's the same reason using Iron Defense or Light Screen improves your ability to take hits from Psyshock. To say otherwise is 100% incorrect.

The reason both Fur Coat and Ice Scales reduce damage from Psyshock is precisely because it calculates damage using Defense while still being a special attack. It's the same reason using Iron Defense or Light Screen improves your ability to take hits from Psyshock. To say otherwise is 100% incorrect.
isn't this exactly why it's more accurate to say that ice scales halves damage from special moves, just like light screen does, rather than doubles the spdef stat, like two quiver dance boosts would? the "halves damage" description also matches up better with the in-game, and fwiw, bulbapedia descriptions. also my bad on suggesting the fur coat change, that one seems accurate

e: i'm dumb, sorry, the ice scales description is accurate too. i would still explain how it interacts with psyshock for clarity's sake though

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
So it seems feature requests go here..?

So in later generations, we have these tooltips for Speed stats. This includes boosts. I love this feature and it's one of the best parts of the dex. While it could be expanded with debuffs and paralysis, it's still an excellent part of the dex as-is.
1607209572345.png

However, in RBY, it lacks them for some reason. I'm not sure why, as speed buffs are just as relevant here than anywhere else; hell in RBY I'd argue it's substantially more important. I'm assuming it's automatically generated with Natures in mind, as GSC lacks them too. Take this as a suggestion for it to be applied to GSC as well.
1607209628970.png

I think the RBY Speed tooltip could be really nifty if implemented for RBY, since it's a big chance to implement critical hit rates as well. Right now I tend to calculate them manually and place them in my analyses, either citing volatility or explaining why it's meh. I wouldn't have to shoehorn it in if the tooltip was there, which would make the stat listings a lot more useful. However, you would have to consider not only RBY critical hits but Stad1 too. You could say Focus Energy, Slash and Focus Energy + Slash would be good additions too, but this seems like too much to ask.

Recovery failure numbers could be a cool thing to note as well. I have a spreadsheet for this here.

If this isn't the right place, sorry!

Rat Gang

Last edited:

Blimax

https://www.youtube.com/c/Blimaxx
is a Top Tiering Contributor
IV Reset : Was using 19 IV Timid Kartana, however the IVs got auto reset twice on its own. I personally opened Team Builder and Corrected it, then again it got auto reset which I found out mid battle when it got Attack Boost instead of Speed Boost.

Sorta related to the other Genesect post; alongside the Chill Drive form not having a minisprite, in the BW dex none of the Drive forms have their animated sprites.

sect.png

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
Usually when a Pokemon is banned from a tier, it is somewhat viable in the tier above the one it is banned from and gets a full analysis for it. However, there are some situations where a Pokemon in a BL is considered completely unviable in the tier above, such as Xurkitree in Gen 7 OU and Slurpuff in Gen 8 RU, and only gets a mini analysis that describes why said Pokemon is unviable in the tier.

However, there seems to be an inconsistency between tiers as to whether these mini-analyses belong in the "Other Pokemon with Strategies" section of a tier. For example, in Gen 7, in OU none of these are listed, in UU most are included but a couple like Zoroark and Meloetta are not, and in RU and NU all are included.

I would personally support not including these analyses in this section, as the section is supposed to be about viable Pokemon from lower tiers and some of these lists like NU look clogged up by the list of unviable BL Pokemon, but I've no idea what the Dex team thinks. Either way, it is clearly inconsistent to feature them in some tiers but not others.

(I think this is the right place for this as it's quite a substantial change, and it's like a bug)

Last edited:
Reactions: R8
Whenever I visit the item page for metronome on sword and shield, it occasionally pops up with the move page instead, and gives very strange results. It has a section for "Pokemon with a moveset recommending this item", but everything else resembles the move page for metronome. This doesn't happen consistently. Sometimes the page will show the correct results for the metronome item, but other times this pops up.

Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 10.55.12 PM.png

If you find a bug with the dex, post it here!

Make sure that what you post is a bug and not a complaint or feature request. Similarly, post any content errors in analyses in the small changes thread; this thread is intended for issues that not any badgeholder or staff member can fix.

Other things that are fine to be posted in this thread:
- Broken sprites / models;
- Broken links;
- Database errors (e.g. in Pokemon info like typings, abilities, and learnsets).

Be aware that the Dex is currently going through an overhaul, so things are actively being worked on, and certain issues are already being addressed as we speak.
Nothing for generation 7 seems to work. And it's not just for that generation, it's any generation that isn't sword and shield. It doesn't show up and then gives me an error message saying that the page couldn't be found on the dex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)