Proposal Delete the Second Smogon Tour.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It is no secret that there are too many tournaments in the official schedule schedule, and the best candidate for deletion is the second Smogon Tour. The second half of the tournament schedule is packed with too many tournaments and removing it would make the schedule feel much less compressed. Spring Smogon Tour is at a much more convenient time, and we really do not need multiple editions of the most time intensive tournament on the site. Additionally, with no tournament going on, the community (as well as the TDs) could take the time between SCL ending and SPL starting to discuss potential concerns and conflicts with the next tournament year rather than two weeks before the tournaments happen. Finally, if this edition Smogon Tour is deleted, PLEASE do not add another tournament in its place, as the whole point of deleting it is to give us a less compressed tournament schedule. Thank you to the community and TDs for taking the time to read this thread and have a blessed day.

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion
It is no secret that there are too many tournaments in the official schedule schedule,
according to who?
and the best candidate for deletion is the second Smogon Tour.
according to who?

The second half of the tournament schedule is packed with too many tournaments and removing it would make the schedule feel much less compressed.
if it feels compressed to you, simply do not join all tournaments
Spring Smogon Tour is at a much more convenient time, and we really do not need multiple editions of the most time intensive tournament on the site.
yet, smogon is clearly capable of supporting 2 editions of the most well liked tournament on the site
Additionally, with no tournament going on, the community (as well as the TDs) could take the time between SCL ending and SPL starting to discuss potential concerns and conflicts with the next tournament year rather than two weeks before the tournaments happen.
a. this won't happen anyway, b. this is literally a nonsequitur and irrelevant

since you're the one proposing change, i'm sure you can provide proof to back up your statements, as well as a reason as to why someone that feels the latter half of the schedule is compressed couldn't solve this by simply not joining smogon tour

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I am fine with replacing the second Smogon Tour if we have a consensus as having two of the same tour is only kept out of tradition, but we should go about this carefully and replace/revise rather than subtract.

I worry most about giving SM and ORAS OU players some representation, especially if the second season is lost.

As it stands, they can only play in individuals via live tour, which does not work well for every timezone or individual. Some ORAS and SM players are excluded or forced to bend their schedule because of this.

I personally think there's potential for a new tournament that gives SM and ORAS non-live tour representation. I have been working on a proposal for some time and it will likely come out in the future. This also solves the issue of ORAS having no representation after it ages out of Smogon Tour. I think this would best suit these relatively modern tiers with active playerbases.

Regarding clutter of the circuit, we have a growing community with growing needs. You do not need to grow with it every step of the way if you have other things to spend your time on. You can sit out a tour or two if you feel the need to, but do not make that compromise the experience of others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)