EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD or EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Tera Type: Fairy / Water
Calm Nature
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Hex / Earth Power

[SET COMMENTS]
With its good bulk, unique typing, and Unaware, Skeledirge has a decent niche as a defensive wall that can deny setup. Torch Song is a fantastic signature move that turns Skeledirge into a potent wincon. Torch Song also bypasses Substitute, punishing the users of the move like Serperior, Kyurem, and Zamazenta. Will-O-Wisp lets it hinder physical atackers like Zamazenta, Dragonite, and Mega Lopunny. Slack Off is required in order to take on the mons it can check reliably. Hex is a strong stab that pairs well alongside Will-O-Wisp. Hex is also great when paired with mons that have an easy time spreading status like Clefable and Toxapex, while hitting Gliscor for huge damage as well. Earth Power lets it punish Heatran predicting a Torch Song or Will-O-Wisp, while also hitting Gouging Fire, Mega Tyranitar and pre-Tera Garganacl much harder. Specially defensive Skeledirge is a well rounded-tank, capable of taking on Volcarona, Iron Valiant lacking Shadow Ball, and Iron Crown. Physically defensive Skeledirge focuses purely on its physical walling capabilities, most notably against the likes of Zamazenta, Dragonite, physical variants of Iron Valiant and Mega Lopunny. Tera Fairy allows provides a much more appreciated Dark resist, allowing Specially defensive variantd to handle the likes of Raging Bolt and Darkrai, while physically defensive variants are able to beat Mega Tyranitar, Weavile. Tera Water lets it play more effectively against rain sweepers like Mega Swampert and Barraskewda and hinder them with Will-O-Wisp. It can also tackle Urshifu-Rapid-Strike and Samurott-Hisui, all while having a great defensive typing in mono Water. Skeledirge is a good pick for certain balance and stall teams that appreciate its unique traits. Due to its vulnerability to Knock Off, Skeledirge really appreciates mons that could absorb it for him, so mons like Gliscor, Clefable and Mega Tyranitar are solid partners for it. Water-type resist like Toxapex and Alomomola are welcomed editions for, the latter appreciates Skeledirge's ability to handle Grass-Types. Checks to Darkrai and Weavile like Mega Tyranitar, and Zamazenta also help Skeledirge greatly, and in return, its able to beat some of their answers, such as opposing Zamazenta and Clefable. Mega Lopunny in particular synergizes greatly with Skeledirge, Mega Lopunny can provide solid speed control and a Knock Off resist, while Skeledirge provides a burn immunity and a defensive backbone, which helps against the likes of Zamazenta and Mega Scizor that Mega Loppunny can otherwise struggle with.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by: https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/chilli-dewd.573392/
Quality Checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/oblivion-wing.609346/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/omarsgarciav.526618/
●Grammar Checked by:
User link here

Last edited:

Oblivion Wing

Go wild for a while
is a Tiering Contributor
add remove comment

Defensive
Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Calm/Bold Nature
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Hex / Earth Power

[SET COMMENTS]
With its good bulk, unique typing, and Unaware, Skeledirge has a decent niche as a defensive wall that can deny setup. Torch Song is a fantastic signature move that has the potential to snowball overtime, while boosting its Special Attack to deal greater damage its other moves. Will-O-Wisp lets it hinder physical atackers like Zamazenta, Dragonite, and Mega Lopunny. Slack Off lets it stick around for longer, allowing it to come back later and stave off a big hit. Hex is a strong stab that pairs well alongside Will-O-Wisp. Hex is also great when paired with mons that have an easy time spreading status like Clefable and Toxapex, while hitting the likes of Gliscor for huge damage as well. Earth Power lets it punish switchins like Heatran and Cerudledge predicting a Torch Song or Will-O-Wisp, while also hitting Gouging Fire much harder. Unaware lets Skeledirge completely blank setup sweepers without Mold Breaker, allowing it to take on the likes of Volcarona, Dragonite, and some sets of Iron Valiant, depending on the EV spread. The given EVs spreads let Skeledirge tackle different treads, the Calm EVs spread allows Skeledirge to be a more well-rounded tank, the notable standouts are Volcarona, special sets of Iron Valiant lacking Shadow Ball, and Iron Crown. The Bold EVs spread focuses purely on Skeledirge's physical walling capabilities, most notably against the likes of Zamazenta, Dragonite, physical sets of Iron Valiant and Mega Lopunny. Tera Fairy allows provides a much more appreciated Dark resist, Calm Skeledirge that handle the likes of Raging Bolt and Darkrai, while also still checking Volcarona and Special sets of Iron Valiant. Bold Skeledirge capitalize tera fairy can stuff Mega Tyranitar, Weavile and Ogerpon-W Ogerpon-Wellspring, while still cheking Zamazenta and Dragonite. Tera Water lets it play more effectively against rain sweepers. Most notably it can hinder Mega Swampert, Barraskewda and Basculegion with Will-O-Wisp, all while having a great defensive typing in mono Water. Skeledirge is a good pick for certain balance and bulky offense teams that appreciate its unique traits. Due to its vulnerability to Knock Off, Skeledirge really appreciates mons that could absorb it for him, so mons like Gliscor, Clefable and Mega Tyranitar are solid partners for it we can mention how hex sets appreciate teammates with toxic spikes or status spam. Water-type resist like Toxapex, Alomomola and Rotom-Wash are welcomed editions for, the ladder latter two appreciate Skeledirge's ability to handle Grass-Types. Dark and Ghost resist like Mega Tyranitar, Ting-Lu and Zamazenta also help Skeledirge greatly, and returns them the favor by taking on their Fighting and Fairy weaknesses respectively. Hazard removers like Great Tusk, Corviknight and Zapdos are recomended as well, should Skeledirge lose its Heavy Duty-Boots throughout the game. Fast wallbreakers like Mega Lopunny, Iron Valiant, Darkrai and Ogerpon-Wellspring enjoy having a sturdy backbone that can withstand blows from their respective answers, and weakening them to be picked up later.

QC 1/2

Last edited:
add remove comment

Defensive
Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Calm/Bold Nature
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Hex / Earth Power

[SET COMMENTS]
we can mention how hex sets appreciate teammates with toxic spikes or status spam.

QC 1/2
Hex is also great when paired with teammates that have am easy time spreading status like Clefable and Toxapex, while also hitting the likes of Gliscor for huge damage as well.
I think I kinda covered it already, do i could memtion a few more like Serperior for example.

add remove comment

Defensive
Defensive (
Skeledirge) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Calm Nature
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Hex / Earth Power

[SET COMMENTS]
With its good bulk, unique typing, and Unaware, Skeledirge has a decent niche as a defensive wall that can deny setup. Torch Song is a fantastic signature move that has the potential to snowball overtime, boosting its Special Attack to deal greater damage turns Skeledirge into a potent wincon also bypasses serp and kyu sub so they cant para/pp stall their way through it. Will-O-Wisp lets it hinder physical atackers like Zamazenta, Dragonite, and Mega Lopunny. Slack Off lets it stick around for longer, allowing it to come back later and stave off a big hit. Hex is a strong stab that pairs well alongside Will-O-Wisp. Hex is also great when paired with mons that have an easy time spreading status like Clefable and Toxapex, while hitting the likes of Gliscor for huge damage as well. Earth Power lets it punish switchins like Heatran switchins and Cerudledge ceru is extremely fringe + only runs weak armor predicting a Torch Song or Will-O-Wisp, while also hitting Gouging Fire mtar and garg could also be mentioned here much harder. Unaware lets Skeledirge completely blank setup sweepers without Mold Breaker , allowing it to take on the likes of Volcarona, Dragonite, and some sets of Iron Valiant, depending on the EV spread. this is just redundant with the next part, also confusing given this states mons that dirge as a whole can check but then states that diff spreads check completely diff things The given EVs spreads let Skeledirge tackle different treads, the Calm EVs spread allows Skeledirge to be a more well-rounded tank, the notable standouts are Specially defensive Skeledige is a well-rounded tank, capable of taking on Volcarona, special sets of Iron Valiant lacking Shadow Ball, and Iron Crown. The Bold EVs spread Physically defensive Skeledirge focuses purely on Skeledirge's its physical walling capabilities, most notably against the likes of Zamazenta, Dragonite, physical sets variants of Iron Valiant and Mega Lopunny. Tera Fairy allows provides a much more appreciated Dark resist, Calm Skeledirge that allowing Specially defensive variants to handle the likes of Raging Bolt and Darkrai, while also still checking Volcarona and Special sets of Iron Valiant. Bold Skeledirge can stuff ,while physically defensive variants are able to beat Mega Tyranitar, Weavile and Ogerpon-W dirge takes >40 from tera cudgel, so its at the mercy of crits and encore/taunt/missing, while still cheking Zamazenta and Dragonite. Tera Water lets it play more effectively against rain sweepers. Most notably it can hinder Mega Swampert, Barraskewda and Basculegion not relevant with Will-O-Wisp, all while having a great defensive typing in mono Water add some non rain mons that it helps with. Skeledirge is a good pick for certain balance and bulky offense stall this thing is a complete momentum sink, not really good on bo teams that appreciate its unique traits. Due to its vulnerability to Knock Off, Skeledirge really appreciates mons that could absorb it for him, so mons like Gliscor, Clefable and Mega Tyranitar are solid partners for it. Water-type resist like Toxapex, Alomomola and Rotom-Wash not good on stall are welcomed editions for, the latter two appreciate Skeledirge's ability to handle Grass-Types. Dark and Ghost resist like Mega Tyranitar, Ting-Lu and Zamazenta also help Skeledirge greatly, and returns them the favor by taking on their Fighting and Fairy weaknesses respectively. in these two previous sections there should be specific examples, instead of saying "dark resist" say "checks to Darkrai and Weavile", and apply that to the other mentions of resists asw Hazard removers like Great Tusk, Corviknight and Zapdos are recomended as well, should Skeledirge lose its Heavy Duty-Boots throughout the game dirge can't really stay in on knocks and survive so it will almost never lose its item, even if it does live its p much dead regardless of rocks . Fast wallbreakers like Mega Lopunny, Iron Valiant, Darkrai and Ogerpon-Wellspring enjoy having a sturdy backbone that can withstand blows from their respective answers, and weakening them to be picked up later. this is too general+ of these examples only lop would realistically be on the same team as dirge, iyw you can keep just lop here but add specific examples of mons that beat lop that dirge can beat and note that lop is great speed control for these teams

[SET CREDITS]
Quality Checked by:
●Grammar Checked by:
User link here
ping me after you've implemented this then ill give the 2/2

I think I kinda covered it already, do i could memtion a few more like Serperior for example.
serp and dirge are run on completely different teams, smth like glisc is a better mention but just pex and clef is enough imo

add remove comment

Defensive
Defensive (Skeledirge) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Calm Nature
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Hex / Earth Power

[SET COMMENTS]
With its good bulk, unique typing, and Unaware, Skeledirge has a decent niche as a defensive wall that can deny setup. Torch Song is a fantastic signature move that has the potential to snowball overtime, boosting its Special Attack to deal greater damage turns Skeledirge into a potent wincon also bypasses serp and kyu sub so they cant para/pp stall their way through it. Will-O-Wisp lets it hinder physical atackers like Zamazenta, Dragonite, and Mega Lopunny. Slack Off lets it stick around for longer, allowing it to come back later and stave off a big hit. Hex is a strong stab that pairs well alongside Will-O-Wisp. Hex is also great when paired with mons that have an easy time spreading status like Clefable and Toxapex, while hitting the likes of Gliscor for huge damage as well. Earth Power lets it punish switchins like Heatran switchins and Cerudledge ceru is extremely fringe + only runs weak armor predicting a Torch Song or Will-O-Wisp, while also hitting Gouging Fire mtar and garg could also be mentioned here much harder. Unaware lets Skeledirge completely blank setup sweepers without Mold Breaker , allowing it to take on the likes of Volcarona, Dragonite, and some sets of Iron Valiant, depending on the EV spread. this is just redundant with the next part, also confusing given this states mons that dirge as a whole can check but then states that diff spreads check completely diff things The given EVs spreads let Skeledirge tackle different treads, the Calm EVs spread allows Skeledirge to be a more well-rounded tank, the notable standouts are Specially defensive Skeledige is a well-rounded tank, capable of taking on Volcarona, special sets of Iron Valiant lacking Shadow Ball, and Iron Crown. The Bold EVs spread Physically defensive Skeledirge focuses purely on Skeledirge's its physical walling capabilities, most notably against the likes of Zamazenta, Dragonite, physical sets variants of Iron Valiant and Mega Lopunny. Tera Fairy allows provides a much more appreciated Dark resist, Calm Skeledirge that allowing Specially defensive variants to handle the likes of Raging Bolt and Darkrai, while also still checking Volcarona and Special sets of Iron Valiant. Bold Skeledirge can stuff ,while physically defensive variants are able to beat Mega Tyranitar, Weavile and Ogerpon-W dirge takes >40 from tera cudgel, so its at the mercy of crits and encore/taunt/missing, while still cheking Zamazenta and Dragonite. Tera Water lets it play more effectively against rain sweepers. Most notably it can hinder Mega Swampert, Barraskewda and Basculegion not relevant with Will-O-Wisp, all while having a great defensive typing in mono Water add some non rain mons that it helps with. Skeledirge is a good pick for certain balance and bulky offense stall this thing is a complete momentum sink, not really good on bo teams that appreciate its unique traits. Due to its vulnerability to Knock Off, Skeledirge really appreciates mons that could absorb it for him, so mons like Gliscor, Clefable and Mega Tyranitar are solid partners for it. Water-type resist like Toxapex, Alomomola and Rotom-Wash not good on stall are welcomed editions for, the latter two appreciate Skeledirge's ability to handle Grass-Types. Dark and Ghost resist like Mega Tyranitar, Ting-Lu and Zamazenta also help Skeledirge greatly, and returns them the favor by taking on their Fighting and Fairy weaknesses respectively. in these two previous sections there should be specific examples, instead of saying "dark resist" say "checks to Darkrai and Weavile", and apply that to the other mentions of resists asw Hazard removers like Great Tusk, Corviknight and Zapdos are recomended as well, should Skeledirge lose its Heavy Duty-Boots throughout the game dirge can't really stay in on knocks and survive so it will almost never lose its item, even if it does live its p much dead regardless of rocks . Fast wallbreakers like Mega Lopunny, Iron Valiant, Darkrai and Ogerpon-Wellspring enjoy having a sturdy backbone that can withstand blows from their respective answers, and weakening them to be picked up later. this is too general+ of these examples only lop would realistically be on the same team as dirge, iyw you can keep just lop here but add specific examples of mons that beat lop that dirge can beat and note that lop is great speed control for these teams

[SET CREDITS]
Quality Checked by:
●Grammar Checked by:
User link here
ping me after you've implemented this then ill give the 2/2

serp and dirge are run on completely different teams, smth like glisc is a better mention but just pex and clef is enough imo
i did the edit, sorry that i took a while, i had university stuff.

Slack Off lets it stick around for longer, allowing it to come back later and stave off a big hit.
missed this before, recovery is self explanatory on a wall

and returns them the favor by taking on their Fighting and Fairy weaknesses respectively. in return, is able to beat some of their answers, such as opossing Zamazenta and Clefable.

Mega Lopunny can provide solid speed control to a team, Knock Off resist, and a Ghost immunity there isn't any relevant ghost in the tier , while Skeledirge provides a defensive backbone, Burn immunity, and Fighting immunity, an immunity to burn and a solid defensive backbone which helps against the likes of Zamazenta and Mega Scizor that Mega Loppunny can otherwise struggle with.
2/2 gj

Okay, i did the edit, but i wanted to point out a few changes i did myself and see if you agree, if not, than ill change them to the way you told me.

First:
Slack Off is required in order to take on the mons it can check reliably.
While it true Slack Off is self explanatory, i do think i should at least be briefly mentioned so that playerd understand the need of the move. Do I didn't mentioned any checks in particular since I already mention them threw out the analisis.

Second:
Mega Lopunny can provide solid speed control and a Knock Off resist, while Skeledirge provides a burn immunity and a defensive backbone, which helps against the likes of Zamazenta and Mega Scizor that Mega Loppunny can otherwise struggle with.
Not much here, i just changed the wording to make it sound better. Instead of "solid speed control, knock off immunity" i simply tied it together.
I just wanna make sure the analisis is good for the final product. Thanks for helping out.

While it true Slack Off is self explanatory, i do think i should at least be briefly mentioned so that playerd understand the need of the move. Do I didn't mentioned any checks in particular since I already mention them threw out the analisis.
it's not necesary as it's p much just dex info and it just makes logical sense for a bulky pokemon to want to stick around

Not much here, i just changed the wording to make it sound better. Instead of "solid speed control, knock off immunity" i simply tied it together.
I just wanna make sure the analisis is good for the final product.
yea this is fine imo, still needs to go through gp though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)