EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Tera Type: Fairy / Water
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Taunt

[SET COMMENTS]
- Thanks to Intimidate and its useful typing, defensive Landorus-T is a good temporary measure against threatening physical attackers like Koraidon, Zacian-C, and Arceus-Ground.
- Rocky Helmet is the preferred item for punishing the use of contact moves from Pokemon like Koraidon, Zacian-C, and Arceus-Ground, giving Landorus-T a better chance to beat them one-on-one.
- However, Leftovers grants Landorus-T passive recovery, allowing it to somewhat offset Stealth Rock damage.
- Tera Fairy gives Landorus-T an immunity to Scale Shot from Koraidon, allowing it to deny Koraidon a Speed boost and potentially allow a teammate like Koraidon or Zacian-C to revenge kill the opposing Koraidon. Tera Fairy also has the added benefit of making Landorus-T immune to Draco Meteor, potentially allowing it to turn the tables on Miraidon.
- Tera Water lets Landorus-T better take Behemoth Blade from Zacian-C and Flare Blitz from Koraidon, potentially allowing it to beat them with higher HP than normal, as well as possibly allowing it to check Calyrex-I.
- Defensive Landorus-T is best used on bulky offense teams as a mid-game stopgap against physical threats, which lets its offensive teammates take advantage of them later in the game.
- Landorus-T is commonly used on teams that stack physical attackers and need a temporary measure against dangerous threats like Zacian-C and Arceus-Ground. Pokemon like Scale Shot Koraidon, Extreme Killer Arceus, and Zacian-C are good partners, as they appreciate Landorus-T's ability to stave off threats and preserve their HP.
- Ting-Lu is a fantastic partner, as it can switch into Pokemon Landorus-T cannot hope to stand up to, like Miraidon and various Calm Mind Arceus formes. Ting-Lu also doubles down on Landorus-T's Stealth Rock with its own Spikes, making its offensive teammates even more threatening later in the game.
- Kyogre is also a great partner, as it can threaten Pokemon that can give Landorus-T trouble or take advantage of its presence, like Calyrex-I, Gliscor, and opposing Landorus-T.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/oreospeedruns.597293/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/corvere.306317/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/taka.595062/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/wrathoftheleopard.511181/

Last edited:

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
Tera Type: Water
fairy is the primary tera type everyone is using because scale shot korai. i would overwrite water and make it(water) a secondary slash instead.

lando-t is commonly seen on phys spam teams nowadays, so i would mention teammates like korai, zac, ekiller, etc. pairing this w pex and dirge is weird because you just lose to scale shot korai without much counterplay.

also, me personally i like this spread instead:
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
it outspeeds gliscor and taunts it before it can start spiking or poison lando. this can be considered 'creep' however so youre free to not include it, but if you wanna make sure, tag me or any other qc member in discord to discuss it.

1/2
downloadfile_1.gif

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
mention ogre being a partner that pressures a lot of the mons that take advantage of lando-t (gliscor / opposing lando-t / caly-i / cm groundy)

or on balance alongside another physical check like Skeledirge or Toxapex to shore up the team’s matchup against these physical threats.
also agreed w corvere, even on balance you generally would rather not run Lando-t and would just smth like fairyceus + lando/pex (remove the balance mentions)

QC 2/2
Taka_Small.gif

add remove comment

[SET]
Defensive (
Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers (don't forget the set name and headings)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Tera Type: Fairy / Water
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Taunt

[SET COMMENTS]
- Thanks to Intimidate and its good useful typing, defensive Landorus-T is a good temporary measure against threatening physical attackers like Koraidon, Zacian-C, and Arceus-Ground.
- Rocky Helmet is the preferred item for punishing the use of contact moves from Pokemon like Koraidon, Zacian-C, and Arceus-Ground, giving Landorus-T a better chance to beat them one-on-one.
- However, Leftovers grants Landorus-T passive recovery, allowing it to more easily offset Stealth Rock damage. (it can't really do it at all without Leftovers. maybe put "somewhat offset" if that's what you meant?)
- (space) Tera Fairy gives Landorus-T an immunity to Scale Shot from Koraidon, allowing it to deny Koraidon a speed Speed boost and potentially allow a teammate like Koraidon or Zacian-C to revenge kill the opposing Koraidon. Tera Fairy also has the added benefit of making Landorus-T immune to Miraidon's Draco Meteor, potentially allowing it to turn the tables on Miraidon.
- Tera Water lets Landorus-T better take Behemoth Blade from Zacian-C and Flare Blitz from Koraidon, potentially allowing it to beat them with higher HP than normal, as well as potentially possibly allowing Landorus-T it to check Calyrex-Ice Calyrex-I.
- Defensive Landorus-T is best used on bulky offense teams as a mid-game stopgap against physical threats, (comma) mid-game for which lets its offensive teammates to take advantage of them later in the game. (does this work? or would "physical threats its offensive teammates will take advantage of later in the game" work instead? wasn't 100% sure which you were trying to convey with the original)
- Landorus-T is commonly used on physical stacking teams that stack physical attackers and need a temporary measure against other dangerous threats like Zacian-C and Arceus-Ground. Pokemon like Scale Shot Koraidon, Extreme Killer Arceus, and Zacian-C are good partners, as they appreciate Landorus-T’s Landorus-T's (wrong aspotrophe) ability to stave off threats and preserve their HP.
- Ting-Lu is a fantastic partner, as it can switch into Pokemon Landorus-T cannot hope to stand up to, like Miraidon and various Calm Mind Arceus forms formes. Ting-Lu also doubles down on Landorus-T’s Landorus-T's Stealth Rock with its own Spikes, making its offensive teammates more ridiculous even more threatening later in the game.
- Kyogre is also a great partner, as it can threaten Pokemon that can give Landorus-T trouble or take advantage of its presence, like Calyrex-Ice Calyrex-I, Gliscor, and opposing Landorus-T.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/oreospeedruns.597293/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/corvere.306317/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/taka.595062/
Grammar checked by:
GP 1

1/1 GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)