SPOILERS! Datamine Thread - Pokemon Information - Some Datamines

also, does this stack with iron boost? because Melmetal/Golurk/Infernape (on nat dex)/conk are gonna be broken
it also helps alot with Drain Punch recovery
It stacks, though multiplicatively and not additively, for a total of 1.32x

Is there a way to change your Pokemon’s Tera Type? If not that’ll make shiny breeding a serious pain. Also, do we know how likely loaded dice makes 4-5 hits?
Yes, and it's very simple albeith a bit time consuming.
Raids will always drop a handful tera shards of their type. Bring 50 of these to a specific NPC and it will change a pokemon tera type to that.

Is there a way to change your Pokemon’s Tera Type? If not that’ll make shiny breeding a serious pain. Also, do we know how likely loaded dice makes 4-5 hits?
I belive the current interpretation is that Dice just skips the low numbers entirely, guaranteeing 4-5 hits on a regular multi-hit move. I recall seeing it works similarly to how Skill Link did for moves like Triple Kick/Axel on Population Bomb, guaranteeing a mid-high number of hits if the first one connects.

I belive the current interpretation is that Dice just skips the low numbers entirely, guaranteeing 4-5 hits on a regular multi-hit move. I recall seeing it works similarly to how Skill Link did for moves like Triple Kick/Axel on Population Bomb, guaranteeing a mid-high number of hits if the first one connects.
IIRC someone had drafted a chart showing that Population Bomb actually works better with Wide Lens since it calculates the chance per hit based on the 90 accuracy and stops when a hit would miss. Loaded Dice does seem to have some effect but Wide Lens is much more reliable and you are much more likely to hit 10 hits.

From what I'm understanding, the Nat.Dex numbers of Gen9 Pokémon (Excluding Sprigatito-Quaquavel and possibly Lechonk and Oinkologne) may be different, placing Koraidon and Miraidon at 1007 and 1008. I can't confirm this but some sources specify this. So the datamines are correct or not cause we haven't seen the next update of Pokémon HOME datamined which will probably have Gen9 species in it.

Transfer moves are no longer a thing. Transferred mons get their moves replaced with level-up moves (so no No Guard Fissure Machamp and Technician Curse Scizor)
Source: Centro.

Centro's Source:

Louder for the people in the back, we literally cannot know the status of transfer moves until Home compatibility is available. Nothing in-game indicates either way.

Quick question - there are some moves listed in the pastebin as reminder moves that don't show up on serebii (mostly I'm wanting to know about shadow sneak on ceruledge). Is it really a reminder move or is it something we don't know about yet? Thank you!

Since I can't find any information online on new pokemons' egg groups, I'll say here that (one of) Fuecoco's groups is Field, thus making it compatible with the Slakoth line. Fuecoco can get slack off this way.

Since I can't find any information online on new pokemons' egg groups, I'll say here that (one of) Fuecoco's groups is Field, thus making it compatible with the Slakoth line. Fuecoco can get slack off this way.
You don't need the same egg groups to pass egg moves in picnics. A Slowbro with Slack Off will pass it to Fuecoco fine.

You don't need the same egg groups to pass egg moves in picnics. A Slowbro with Slack Off will pass it to Fuecoco fine.
Just to add to this however.

if you wanted to produce a Fuecoco egg with Slack Off you would need to abide by the regular egg group regulations.

for the egg move transfer, yes, Slowbro could give Fuecoco Slack Off, but the latter needs to hold a Mirror Herb and have an empty move slot. (As is my understanding with egg move transfer vs breeding)

Hey All,

With copies of the ROM now out in the wild its time to fire up this thread.

I thought I better right up a post to make sure we are ready when/if a deluge of information comes from a reliable and decent source. I am well aware of a lot of informtion images circulating today (10/11/2022) - And we're trying to catch up.

This post will host all the links to various Pastebins/information dumps when they start appearing - I have agreed with a number of Smods that they can start this thread off if this happens while I am asleep. There will be another thread detailing more story based information (Like Gym Leader/trainer teams etc) when that starts appearing.

This thread will specifically host information about:

Pokemon - Names (Note that this is all names) https://pastebin.com/Qi6DaU4v
Items - New items and Descriptions
Abilities - Ability Names - Ability Descriptions
Moves - Move Names - Move Descriptions - Combined list for easier reading - ALL MOVE DATA
Removed Moves - https://pastebin.com/sZW6Fztc by Kris - May not be 100% Accurate
Move data with Flags by Hematite

Movesets
Basic Battle Mechanics (Such as Tera etc)
Terastylizing protects from the negative effects of moves like Curse (Ghost -> Tera Grass -> Curse works like it would on a non ghost)

Other Battle Information

I am sure a number of our wonderful contributors will point out changes/buffs/nerfs etc in this data as it comes in.

We are slowly gaining information from mines- I am posting this for general information about changes. - I will update and tidy this post up when we have these.

What we know so far:

Major Changes

Pokemon

Starter Pokemon Moves
Meowscarada - Flower trick - 70 power, always crits
Skeledirge - Torch Song - 80 power, boosts Special Attack by 1 stage
Quaquavel - Aqua Step - 80 power, boosts Speed by 1 stage

Gallade has a new ability called Sharpness -Powers up Slicing moves [We do not know what this entails yet] also now learns Sacred Sword
I'll try to suggest potential VGC roles for some of these pokemon emerald rare candy based on what little we do know.

Physical Sweeper: Dragoon

Corviknight: Steel support attacker with ground immunity, pivot that reflects back and intimidates.

Grimmsnarl: Potential Gigantimaxxer depending on what G-Move is, status spreader, and coverage support for Dragapult

Galarian Weezing: Deal with abilities utilising Neutralizing Gas and Anti Dragapult support.

Coalossal: Depending on the G-Move, sweeps with increased Steam Engine speed may be Gigantimaxxers.

Hatterene: Setter/Sweeper of Trick Rooms

Last edited:
Transfer moves are no longer a thing. Transferred mons get their moves replaced with level-up moves (so no No Guard Fissure Machamp and Technician Curse Scizor)
Just how many times do we have to say that that is unconfirmed and NOTHING in the game can tell us anything, as the deal with that in Legends and BDSP is handled by HOME, AND it was done because Legends had a completely different approach to movesets, while BDSP was a buggy mess that was well known to have compatibility issues.

Just how many times do we have to say that that is unconfirmed and NOTHING in the game can tell us anything, as the deal with that in Legends and BDSP is handled by HOME, AND it was done because Legends had a completely different approach to movesets, while BDSP was a buggy mess that was well known to have compatibility issues.
Yeah about that, I am very curious because what proves the most that Centro was pulling that out their butt is the fact that information is probably going to come from Home datamines and not SV datamines, and regarding that, nobody went and looked at Home to see how it'd interact with SV? Is it too early and Home is not yet updated with SV stuff?

Yeah about that, I am very curious because what proves the most that Centro was pulling that out their butt is the fact that information is probably going to come from Home datamines and not SV datamines, and regarding that, nobody went and looked at Home to see how it'd interact with SV? Is it too early and Home is not yet updated with SV stuff?
Home as of now has no way to interact with SV, nor any data of the new pokemon is present in SV in first place, hence why Centro was basically pulling rumours off his ass with no actual way to prove (or disprove) it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)