Monotype Dancing in the Wind

Attribute

HYPNOS | pulp
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Cup Winner
Introduction
Hey everyone, my name is Attribute and welcome to my first RMT! This is a team that I have been spamming for almost a year due to how fun it is and has performed well for me for a very long time. What makes this team is fun is the move on Latios, which is tailwind. Now that ORAS is coming to an end, right now is the perfect time to share it with others!
The Team

In Depth

Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Will-O-Wisp​

One of the main tailwind abusers on the team. Mega Gardevoir can put a huge dent on most teams that don't pack a solid switch in, especially when it is under tailwind where it can outspeed almost everything. Trace is the ability of choice to scare off certain threats before Gardevoir mega evolves. Timid nature is ran over modest so that it can outspeed pokemon such as max speed Breloom or Bisharp before it mega evolves. Hyper voice and psyshock are there for dual STAB. Focus blast is there for coverage. Will-O-Wisp is there to hit things like Doublade, Scizor, and Bisharp, pokemon that can be really annoying for the team to handle. It also wears down defensive cores quite well which may be annoying for the team to handle at times.​

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Healing Wish
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn​

Jirachi is my main revenge killer and also the most reliable one when tailwind is not up. Jirachi helps tremendously against different types such as fairy, provides the team momentum with u-turn, and as well supports the team with healing wish. Healing wish is important to have for Jirachi since it can heal Gardevoir, Victini, or Hoopa to abuse tailwind or to heal Latios to set up another tailwind if any of if it gets weakened. Iron head is there to flinch and hit what is necessary, and ice punch is there to hit Dragonite, Landorus, etc.

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- U-turn​

Victini makes its appearance onto the team as it serves many roles for the team, one of them being a soft check to Volcarona, for example. I chose choice band Victini since a lot of things would not appreciate a hit from this, especially under tailwind, and to deal with the normal type core of Chansey and Porygon2 a lot better, while still doing a good job vs bug teams. Adamant nature was chosen over jolly to maximize Victini's damage potential. Bolt strike is there for the important electric coverage, u-turn for the small volt-turn core, and zen headbutt for STAB.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Tailwind
Latios is the star of the team. Latios provides the team tailwind support, which helps in a lot of situations against various types in the monotype metagame. Its levitate ability also helps as its my ground immunity which can come in handy in some situations as two of my pokemon are weak to ground type moves. Life orb was the item of choice so Latios can still hit hard and set up a tailwind. Draco meteor and psyshock are there for dual STAB. Hidden power fire was used as the last move slot so that pokemon such as Scizor does not set up a swords dance against this.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid / Jolly Nature
- Flash Cannon / Spikes
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt​

Deoxys-Speed is my stealth rock user of choice due to its amazing speed tier. Deoxys-Speed can knock off choice scarfs in the beginning of a game (if your opponent decides to stay in with them) which is quite helpful since most of the choice scarf users in the meta are huge threats to this team. Flash cannon is there for Mega Diancie, which can be a huge problem for the team, so you can get up stealth rock safely. Taunt is there to stop set-up sweepers from setting up and to prevent other pokemon from getting up stealth rock. Spikes is also another option instead of flash cannon to put more pressure on the opposing team with hazards.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Drain Punch
- Substitute​

Hoopa-Unbound is one of the other main tailwind abusers on the team. This thing can go through most psychic teams, and put a dent on teams with ease. Life orb was the item of choice to maximize Hoopa's damage potential. Dark pulse is there as its STAB move, thunderbolt for water types that give the team some trouble, and drain punch mainly for steel and normal type teams. Hoopa is max speed so it can outspeed pokemon like bisharp outside of tailwind. 168 Sp. Atk. EV's guarantee an OHKO on Slowbro after stealth rock and an OHKO on standard choice banded or belly drum Azumarill. The rest of the EV's go to Atk to improve the power of drain punch.

Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Will-O-Wisp

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Healing Wish
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Tailwind

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid / Jolly Nature
- Flash Cannon / Spikes
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Drain Punch
- Substitute

Excadrill is hard to play around whether it is under sand or if its scarfed. If it is under sand, try to set up a tailwind before it has its ways with the team. Same thing with scarfed but you can try to flinch it with jirachi, lol.
Trace intimidate with Gardevoir before both pokemon mega evolve.
Not much you can do vs this thing aside from tracing speed boost and forcing it out with a tailwind from latios. Even then its most of the time just going to win later on in the game.
Burn it with Gardevoir or try to win 50/50s with Hoopa.
Burn it with Gardevoir or keep Hoopa healthy enough so that it can survive a +2 shadow sneak.

Shoutouts to the WoA squad. Learned a lot from you guys and wouldn't be the player I am today if it wasn't for you guys.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)