Damage Calculator (and other utilities)

^^^^
What he said.
Also, If I click on a box such as the ability box, it doesn't give me a drop down menu, if just gives me a long line of numbers that won't go away and I have to restart the program.
If you were referring to me I am a girl. :)
But I don't have the problem with the ability box, works fine for me. Unless you mean what happens when you click in the formula box at the top, in which case just press enter.

Also, apparently the FLOOR function works differently in openoffice, and I saw it in some formulas.

Works great in OpenOffice 3.2. Also, this is beautiful on so many levels.
How'd you get it to work?

EDIT: Pokemon 2 in the team weakness calculator has no drop-down list.

It appears you're using the PO translations, correct? Perhaps mention that in the OP, to get rid of any confusion regarding that?
For abilities and moves?

I think they are from Veekun, or maybe from Bulbapedia. It doesn't really matter as long as the formulas are correct for each ability/move. When the US games come, I'll do a 'replace all' with the official translations for everything.

I had a go at both versions using OpenOffice.
The damage calculator (which is what I really want to work):
The Excel2007 version has "Error 511" or something in the damage boxes.
Excel2003 has "Error520".
So no luck, but I'll have another go.

EDIT: When I open it up, it says something like:
"This spreadsheet contains links to other files. Update these links?"
No matter whether I pick yes or no, I get the errors.

EDIT2: Here are what the error messages mean:
Err:511 Missing variable: The function requires more variables than are provided, e.g. AND() and OR() without parameter.
Err:520 Internal syntax error: The compiler created an unknown compiler code.
I have absolutely no experience with OpenOffice. I did a ctrl-f to search for any outside references to other spreadsheet files that I may have left there by accident and it's all fine.
Try whatever wavedash did.
I did a quick Google search and OpenOffice wiki tells me the FLOOR function has the same syntax as in Excel: FLOOR(number; mult; mode) (mode is optional).

EDIT: Pokemon 2 in the team weakness calculator has no drop-down list.
Thanks, fixed for next update.

Uh, I noticed a couple of things:

-Switch attacker/defender buttons don't work, as does anything else with the same 'format'

- SR/Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Weather damage doesn't work.

Also, having to select those ev's with that, kind of (nitpicky) sucks, but it works okay.

I have Windows Vista, and my macros works fine.

Uh, I noticed a couple of things:

-Switch attacker/defender buttons don't work, as does anything else with the same 'format'

- SR/Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Weather damage doesn't work.

Also, having to select those ev's with that, kind of (nitpicky) sucks, but it works okay.

I have Windows Vista, and my macros works fine.
The buttons should work fine if you enable macros when Excel ask you. Do you have Office 2003?

SR/Spikes/Toxic Spikes depend on macro.
About end-of-turn damage, I'm still working on it.

What EV selection thing sucks? You can just type it, you don't have to select from the list.

----//----

Uploaded a new version (4.8.8) which fixes some reported bugs and provides an easy way for you to input your own movesets (and be able to select them with that button).
I also re-ripped all the 4th Gen Smogon movesets. It should be in better organization now. (Thanks Konnitiwa!!!)

You can contribute by inputting 5th Gen sets with the provided format and then uploading it here :3

This is absolutely excellent, thanks a lot! One suggestion I have is with the team weakness calculator, it would be helpful to have that include immunities that are based off of ability (such as levitate, lightningrod, etc.).

I just realized that this actually works in my version of Excel (I can't type anything, but the drop down menus are fine). It'd be great to get it to work in Openoffice so everyone can use it, but having actually been able to use it now, I can say that it's excellent, thankyou for making it!

This is absolutely excellent, thanks a lot! One suggestion I have is with the team weakness calculator, it would be helpful to have that include immunities that are based off of ability (such as levitate, lightningrod, etc.).
Thanks, nice suggestion.
I uploaded a new version (4.8.9) that implements it.
Also implemented a copy button for the same tool which outputs things like this:

Normal: 1 [0x], 1 [0,5x], and 4 [1x]. //
Fire: 1 [0x], 2 [0,5x], 2 [2x], and 1 [1x]. //
Water: 2 [0x], 1 [0,5x], 1 [2x], and 2 [1x]. //
Grass: 2 [0x], 1 [0,25x], 1 [0,5x], 1 [4x], and 1 [1x]. //
Electric: 3 [0x], 1 [0,5x], and 2 [1x]. //
Ice: 1 [0x], 1 [0,25x], 1 [0,5x], 2 [2x], and 1 [1x]. //
Fighting: 1 [0x], 1 [0,5x], 3 [2x], and 1 [1x]. //
Poison: 2 [0x], 1 [0,5x], 1 [2x], and 2 [1x]. //
Ground: 2 [0x], 1 [0,5x], 1 [4x], and 2 [1x]. //
Flying: 1 [0x], 2 [0,5x], 1 [2x], and 2 [1x]. //
Psychic: 1 [0x], 1 [0,5x], and 4 [1x]. //
Bug: 1 [0x], 1 [0,25x], 1 [0,5x], 1 [2x], and 2 [1x]. //
Rock: 1 [0,5x], 2 [2x], and 3 [1x]. //
Ghost: 2 [0x], 1 [0,5x], 1 [2x], and 2 [1x]. //
Dragon: 1 [0x], 1 [0,5x], and 4 [1x]. //
Dark: 1 [0,5x], 1 [2x], and 4 [1x]. //
Steel: 1 [0x], 1 [0,25x], 2 [0,5x], and 2 [1x].
The team of this output consists of Shedinja, Heatran, Mibukijika, Snorlax, Gastrodon and Zapdos :p

Um, sorry to sound like a total idiot but how exactly do I use this? The download gave me the three folders (xl, _rels and docProps) and the [Content_Types].xml , but I don't know how to use them. I'm running Windows 7 with Office 2010, can anyone give me a few pointers?

Cheers in advance.

You opened the XLSM file as if it were a ZIP file or whatever.
You need to open it with your spreadsheet program (in your case, Microsoft Office Excel 2010). Just open Excel, click the "Office Orb", "Open", and find the file.

Bug fixes (mainly 2003), support for Reckless
A Team Synergy Calculator. Shows you what Pokémon resists the weaknesses of each other on your team.

And coming in the next update: end-of-turn damage.

this is awesome. Once i got used to the format of the team syngergy i liked it a lot, and the damage calculator is awesome. Cant wait for the residual damage to be programmed in.

Is it just me or does the stat calculator fail to include +speed natures in the final stat calculations?

Other than that, I love it. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Thanks for appointing that bug Kromlech. I guess when I made the Stat Calc I got bored out and forgot to fill the last cell with the proper formula lol.
It's fixed for next version.
If you want it now, change the cell formula to:
Code:
=FLOOR((((AA10+(2*A22)+(AA9/4))*A4)/100+5)*IF(OR(Q11=Resources!I21;Q11=Resources!I22;Q11=Resources!I23;Q11=Resources!I24)=TRUE; 1,1; IF(OR(Q11=Resources!I8;Q11=Resources!I12;Q11=Resources!I16;Q11=Resources!I20)=TRUE; 0,9; 1));1)

Glad to see this latest version fixed a lot of the things that were wrong with the calculator, it's an awesome piece of work. I did see a few names are missing their reference (for example atksets and baddreams return a reference error); were these removed on purpose?

One more important issue; flying is listed as dealing 1x damage against bug instead of 2x, no idea whether it has been changed in gen V but it would seem odd to me. :x

I had more things to ask, but those have been fixed in the latest version anyway. Great job!

Thanks guys. Fixed the bugs appointed.

About the names, the bad ones are unused.

New version (5.0)

You can fill in your team and, with a button, import it into the damage calc

will upload in a bit

edit: uploaded

I love the "My Team" section!! Beautiful! One thing I noticed, though, is that it seems that you can't input an EV value of 236. The EV drop bar goes from 232 to 0 to 240, with the default at that 0 in between. It's like that for all stats, in all tabs that utilize EV's. Other than that bug, though, it's like Christmas has come early with this spreadsheet!! =)

I love the "My Team" section!! Beautiful! One thing I noticed, though, is that it seems that you can't input an EV value of 236. The EV drop bar goes from 232 to 0 to 240, with the default at that 0 in between. It's like that for all stats, in all tabs that utilize EV's. Other than that bug, though, it's like Christmas has come early with this spreadsheet!! =)
Thanks, fixed!

---//---

Added some new functionalities.
Now it's easier to use your team on the damage calculator: you can easily transform any of your Pokémon into a moveset in the MoveSets sheet.
Not only Pokémon from your team, but any moveset you want to create for easy access later is easy to do now.

Version 5.0.5

Thanks, fixed!

---//---

Added some new functionalities.
Now it's easier to use your on the damage calculator: you can easily transform any of your Pokémon into a moveset in the MoveSets sheet.
Not only Pokémon from your team, but any moveset you want to create for easy access later is easy to do now.

Version 5.0.5
This is so amazing, it's pretty ridiculous.

Annoying is that school computers refuse to run unsigned macros, but w/e, I can compensate that easily.

There is an error in your filter description. Filter reduces damage by one half, Solid Rock is the one which reduces by a fourth.

A couple more bugs I found:

In the "My Team" section, as you may know, the chart underneath the part that highlights each team member's weaknesses and resistances has things listed for weaknesses, but nothing comes up for the 2 resistances rows. There are things in the formula area [for example, in the 0.5x resistance to Electric cell, it reads =COUNTIF(V$5:V$10,"=0,5")].

Another is that, in the "Moves" tab, Double Chop is listed as having 40 base power. In the "Damage" tab, however, when you type in Double Chop for calculation, the base power below comes up as 50. It's minor since so few things learn Double Chop, but something I noticed when calculating for CB Ononokusu. Lol!

I hope I'm not annoying or anything... Dream-Come-True file.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)