Programming Damage calc with option of creating custom tiers in 1 v all/all v 1 mode

Hi all, so I made a version of honko's damage calc that accepts a list of importables as a means of creating custom tiers for the all vs one and one vs all modes. The idea behind this is to use it as a tool to organise lists of benchmarks and potentially assist with optimising EVs. The reason I decided custom tiers was the way to go is because I have my doubts about how often these things get updated (e.g. VGC 17), and I also am sceptical of relying on whatever standard sets are imported from the smogdex- I don't believe they're a perfect solution, especially since you might want to use different standards in determining EV benchmarks, such as sticking to max and/or max+ spreads when evaluating these things. Also the smogdex can also run into issues in terms of remaining current.

I also adjusted the calculator so you have the option of displaying results for more than just the best move for each set

It's not something that's good to go right out of the box though, as it does depend on lists of importables, and potentially very large ones at that, which would take a bit of work to create (not hard, but it would be tedious). I also haven't made any samples. Consequently I don't even know if there would be any interest in this functionality, even though I think it would potentially be useful. Oh well, I thought it was a potentially useful idea, and it's done now, so even if there's no interest in it I wanted to post it somewhere.

Let me know if you've got any feedback or if you find any bugs or anything

Damage calculator

Also sorry if this is not worth a thread, since this is just a fairly minor mod of honko's calc. I figured I'd post here because I didn't want to create this and not post it somewhere, and I would find it totally understandable if this kind of feature didn't get implemented in the official calc, so idk what else to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)