D&D

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And for the 4.0 players lurking/posting out there: what do you think about the PHB3? My group hasn't implemented it yet (yeah, even several months later) except for a few feats. In your experience, have the new classes blended well with your games? Are there any favorite new race and class combos out there? Is the Shardmind really as stupid as it seems?
PHB3 is cool, there are some nice feats that we've been taking in my groups. A couple of my friends have played with some of the races (Wilden, Githzerai) and the classes are balanced for the most part, and *should* be completely balanced shortly.

There are a couple of low level Ardent powers that aren't "broken" in the traditional sense, but they never get swapped out at higher levels. Most classes I've played, your lower level powers eventually get replaced at higher levels, as that's the way the game is. Not so with some of these powers. I don't really think they're broken, it's just not necessarily desirable in my opinion.

There are a couple of low level Ardent powers that aren't "broken" in the traditional sense, but they never get swapped out at higher levels. Most classes I've played, your lower level powers eventually get replaced at higher levels, as that's the way the game is. Not so with some of these powers. I don't really think they're broken, it's just not necessarily desirable in my opinion.
I find that's much the case with all of the Psionic classes; most of them have one early level At-Will power that remains with them the entire game (and the others only gets replaced with something that has a really good Augment 6).

That is, I think, a corollary of the structure of psionic powers. Because they're all At-Will, they all need to be relatively balanced against each other. Consequently there are advantages of the early powers that make them slightly better than many of the later level ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)