Pet Mod Döppelgangers v2

hahah ok lolgod3
Voting is closed! Results will be out when I am NOT multitasking
(edit: most likely tommorow, and I will make a poll for the next slate by that time too hopefully!)
Dodging Toxics and scaring foes, here comes G-Luke with Anti-Swampert and Anti-Dragonite!

Pokemon: Anti-Swampert
New Stats: 100 | 105 | 95 | 80 | 85 | 65 (535 BST)
New Abilities: Aroma Veil
Typing:

New Moves: Power Whip, Leech Seed, Knock Off, Play Rough, Moonblast, Defog, Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Draining Kiss, Calm Mind, Recover, Fire Punch
Removed Moves: All Water and Ground moves, sans Surf and Earthquake.

Firstly, Bulk Up Swampert aint an OU listed set. Secondly, Anti-Swampert here is a solid defensive pivot thanks to its access to Poison Heal, stopping Swampy's status spreading campaign.

Pokemon: Anti-Dragonite
New Stats: 90 | 129 | 125 | 101 | 85 | 70 (600 BST)
New Abilities: Levitate
Typing:

New Moves: Zing Zap, Volt Switch, Discharge, Poltergeist, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball, Will O Wisp
Removed Moves: Dragon Dance, Scale Shot, Outrage, Hurricane, Safeguard, Heal Bell, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Breath, Extreme Speed

Has excellent physical bulk, combine that with it's stellar defensive typing and you got yourself a top tier wall. Anti Dragonite can easily pack Ice Beam and clear through even Multiscale, or it just utilizes Will O Wisp to permanently make Dragonite a non issue.
Bolting on in with flames at their heels, it's SimpyShrimp and Anti-Tapu-Koko!

Pokemon: Anti-Tapu-Koko
New Stats:
80/115/110/85/110/70
New Abilities: Magic Bounce/ Color Change(HA)
Typing: Ground/Fire
New Moves: Stealth Rock, Lava Plume, High Horsepower, Stomping Tantrum, Beak Blast
Removed Moves: Thunder Punch, Wild Charge, Sky Attack, Aerial Ace, Fly
Calcs:
- 252 SpA Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Anti-Tapu Koko: 48-57 (13.1 - 15.6%) -- possible 7HKO
- 0- Atk Tapu Koko U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Anti-Tapu Koko: 23-28 (6.3 - 7.6%) -- possibly the worst move ever
- 252+ Atk Anti-Tapu Koko High Horsepower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 348-410 (123.8 - 145.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Reasoning: Tapu-Koko is an offensive pivot, a screen setter and a lead sometimes. This Anti-Tapu-Koko is a lead by itself too. It bounces back the taunt because of its magic bounce. It has defog just like Tapu Koko, but this time it actually use it. Its type combo totally walls tapu koko moves, u turn, dazzling gleam and thunderbolt (or any other electric moves).
Congrats to the winners of this slate! Here's the link to the poll for Slate 3: https://forms.gle/c1ycN7GkY4und2z5A
The nezxt slate will start in roughly 48 hours. Feel free to discuss the new additions!

Last edited:
hahah ok lolgod3
Voting is closed! Results will be out when I am NOT multitasking
(edit: most likely tommorow, and I will make a poll for the next slate by that time too hopefully!)
Dodging Toxics and scaring foes, here comes G-Luke with Anti-Swampert and Anti-Dragonite!

Bolting on in with flames at their heels, it's SimpyShrimp and Anti-Tapu-Koko!

Congrats to the winners of this slate! Here's the link to the poll for Slate 3: https://forms.gle/c1ycN7GkY4und2z5A
The nezxt slate will start in roughly 48 hours. Feel free to discuss the new additions!
'roughly 48 hours' they say

'roughly 48 hours' they say
Hold your horses, I didn't forget LOL
(there was a tie between a few of them, thanks everyone for voting)
Now for the next slate...

Those New Old Threats of Mine
:swsh/tapu fini: :swsh/weavile: :swsh/heatran:
These Pokemon are very prevalent threats in Gen 8 OU; Tapu Fini with its great bulk, access to Calm Mind, and immunity to status with Misty Terriain, Weavile for its high speed and attack, potent STABS, and Swords Dance, and Heatran for its great defensive sets with Magma Storm, Taunt, Stealth Rock, and more.​

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Fine. I'll do it myself. These bad boys are inspired by various CAP Pokémon

:Ss/tapu-fini:
Pokemon: Anti Tapu-Fini
New Stats: 80 | 70 | 85 | 110 | 115 | 110 (570 BST)
New Abilities: Competitive | Liquid Ooze
Typing:

New Moves: Roost, Brave Bird, Air Slash, Hurricane, Heat Wave, Sludge Bonb, Corrosive Gas, Tailwind, Sludge Wave, Gunk Shot, Nasty Plot
Removed Moves: All Water and Fairy moves, sans Nature's Madness. Also Calm Mind.

Anti Tapu Fini is a companion to the Anti Tapu Koko, but here Anti Fini opts for a Poison Flying typing allowing it to soak up the hits from practically any Tapu Fini set. Competitive makes defogging a wary task, while Liquid Ooze bullies Calm Mind Draining Kiss variants. Knock Off is annouing but the benefits of running this mon is enough to put those risks aside.

Calcs Later

:ss/weavile:

Pokemon: Anti-Weavile
New Stats: 100 | 105 | 95 | 60 | 75 | 75 (510 BST)
New Abilities: Frisk | Pickpocket
Typing:

New Moves: Waterfall, Spikes, Mach Punch, Close Combat, Drain Punch, Bulk Up, Aqua Jet, Recover, Scald, Reversal, Surf, Dive
Removed Moves: Swords Dance, Triple Axel, Icicle Crash, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot

Bigger WIP

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Sub please
Okay you want Italian?

:heatran:
Pokemon: Anti-Heatran
New Stats: 87, 110, 100, 100, 123, 80 | 600
Typing: Grass/Water
Abilities: Flash Fire, Poison Point
New Moves: Seed Bomb, Horn Leech, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Leaf Storm, Jungle Healing, Liquidation, Waterfall, Flip Turn, Surf, Hydro Pump, Whirlpool
Removed Moves: All Fire and Steel moves, Stealth Rock, Scorching Sands, Explosion, Self-Destruct
Calcs:

0 Atk Anti-Heatran Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heatran: 216-256 (55.9 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Anti-Heatran: 41-49 (13.8 - 16.6%) -- possible 7HKO

Heatran is tough to answer. The combination of Magma Storm, good coverage, Taunt, and Toxic makes it hard to create a mon that can handle it all. Typing + Flash Fire does a good job at shutting down its best sets, especially with Flip Turn letting it escape, while Jungle Healing provides status removal but isn't fantastic recovery. This means that the standard offensive and defensive trapper sets aren't really capable of damaging you long-term, and if Taunt is an issue you can use Taunt yourself. Grass/Water doesn't leave you with a ton of resistances, but it's also not weak to a whole lot. Poison Point is an option to punish contact moves if you're not particularly worried about Fire moves.

I will expand on this and probably add the other two later it's not fun making these on my phone the time has come

:tapu-fini:
Pokemon: Anti-Tapu-Fini
New Stats: 70 105 100 85 120 90 | 570
Typing: Water/Steel
Abilities: Dry Skin, Klutz (3 + 0 <4)
New Moves: Flash Cannon, Iron Head, Steel Roller, Spikes
Removed Moves: All Fairy moves, Calm Mind, Defog
Calcs:

252 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 54-63 (19.2 - 22.4%) -- possible 5HKO

+2 252 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 107-126 (38 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

This is more of a defensive answer than an offensive one, using its support moves to make progress and cripple Fini to win long-term.
Dry Skin is my way of saying "yeah I'm sick of the immunity subs too but they're really good counters." Blanking its Water STAB is really helpful versus Scald and Whirlpool, and has additional utility with/against Rain, but you're more vulnerable to Fire and Sun making you less capable of switching in. Don't want the extra damage taken? Klutz. It's not completely worthless as you have Trick and it also makes you stronger against Scarf Fini. I just forced you to pick between a useful ability with an unfortunate downside or a generally restrictive ability that has some niche usecases.

:weavile:
New Stats: 70, 115, 115, 80, 80, 50 | 510
Typing: Fairy/Steel
Abilities: Inner Focus, Pickpocket (1.5)
New Moves: Play Rough, Spirit Break, Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, Gyro Ball, First Impression, Leech Life, Rapid Spin
Removed Moves: All Ice and Dark moves except Knock Off and Thief, Agility, Low Kick
Calcs:

+2 252 Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Anti-Weavile: 162-195 (57.6 - 69.3%) -- approx. 2HKO

252+ Atk Anti-Weavile Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 188-224 (66.9 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Anti-Weavile First Impression vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 282-332 (100.3 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Steel/Fairy is stupid but thankfully Weavile has no good abilities and rather low BST so it was pretty easy to make something manageable. Poor coverage options and lacking recovery as well as awful matchups versus Toxapex and a lot of Fire types, but the strong priority options and inclusion of Rapid Spin alongside Swords Dance should be helpful. Rocky Helmet is ideal to really annoy Weavile but Lefties is probably the best option if you want sustain.

Inner Focus so you don't get flinched by Icicle Crash. Also blocks Intimidate.

Last edited:
Pokémon: Anti-Heatran
Typing: Ground
Ability: Flash Fire (no hidden ability)
New Stats: 69 | 140 | 80 | 76 | 135 | 100 (BST 600)
New Moves: Thousand Arrows nope
Reasoning: ok so thousand arrows earthquake hit Heatran and basically 1 taps it in any scenario, and with the 135 special defence and 69 (nice) HP it could easily live a flash cannon or two. It's lackluster physical defence is it's main downfall, as it could be easily countered by most physical attackers (ahem weavile)

Pokémon: Anti-Tapu-Fini
Typing: Normal / Electric
Ability: Galvanize / Healer
New Stats: 75 | 130 | 70 | 95 | 85 | 115 (BST 570)
New Moves: Thunder, Thunderbolt, Tri Attack, Boomburst, Hyper Voice, Double-Edge
Removed Moves: All water-type moves except Rain Dance, Scald, and Aqua Ring
Reasoning: Haha Galvanize Boomburst go brrrrrr seriously my balancing skills disappeared overnight lol, galvanize hyper voice I guess

Last edited:

G-Luke

Pokémon: Anti-Heatran
Typing: Ground
Ability: Flash Fire (no hidden ability)
New Stats: 69 | 140 | 80 | 76 | 135 | 100 (BST 600)
New Moves: Thousand Arrows
Reasoning: ok so thousand arrows hit Heatran and basically 1 taps it in any scenario (main reason it gets it is because of air balloon heatran shenanigans), and with the 135 special defence and 69 (nice) HP it could easily live a flash cannon or two. It's lackluster physical defence is it's main downfall, as it could be easily countered by most physical attackers (ahem weavile)
would do more later but got online school to deal with
Dude.

New Stats: 100/120/100/45/100/45
Typing: Fairy/Fire
New Abilities: Weak Armor, Magician
New Moves: Play Rough, Moonlight, Charm, Fire Lash, Flame Charge, Will-O-Wisp, Flame Wheel, Ember, Fire Spin
Removed Moves: All Ice Moves (except for Icicle Crash), All Dark moves (except Knock Off, Taunt, Foul Play, and Sucker Punch), Calm Mind
Calcs:
Offense: 0 Atk Weavile Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 320-380 (113.8 - 135.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Weavile Fire Lash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 288-338 (102.4 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Defense: 252 Atk Weavile Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 51-60 (14.9 - 17.5%) -- possible 6HKO

Reasoning: To start us off, Fairy/Fire does not exist within normal metas, so I thought it would be interesting to see how one would fare in a developing mod like this. Anti-Weavile is similar to its original counterpart in its role as a physical wallbreaker, and arguably as a setup sweeper. That said, this sets up partially by getting hit in the face, but that’s why we have moonlight.

Pokemon: Anti-Tapu Fini
New Stats: 70/115/90/65/130/100
Typing: Grass/Poison
New Ability: No Guard
New Moves: Power Whip, Grass Knot, Horn Leech, Leech Seed, Vine Whip, Gunk Shot, Venom Drench, Poison Jab, Poison Sting
Removed Moves: Calm Mind, All Water moves (except for Waterfall), All Fairy moves
Calcs:
Offense: 252 Atk Life Orb Tapu Fini Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Tapu Fini: 322-382 (93.6 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Tapu Fini Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Tapu Fini: 322-382 (93.6 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
Defense: Calm Mind - 0 SpA Tapu Fini Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Fini: 33-39 (11.7 - 13.8%) -- possible 8HKO
Choice Scarf - 252 SpA Tapu Fini Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Fini: 57-68 (20.2 - 24.1%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

Last edited:
note: some calculations are done after certain amounts of damage if stated, and in the lowest damage roll

1635830124367.png

Anti-Weavile
Stats:
100/70/125/35/55/125
Typing: Ghost/Rock
New Ability: Rattled/Magician
New Moves: Accelerock, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Rock Throw, Rock Blast, Sandstorm, Astonish, Phantom Force, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Punch, Destiny Bond (11 moves)
Removed Moves: All ice moves, and lash out (11 moves)
Calcs, note that Anti-Weavile has NO item:

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 252 Def AntiWeavile: 204-242 (59.8 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Weavile Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 252 Def AntiWeavile: 138-164 (40.4 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Swords Dance)

I have to explain first before I send the rest of the calcs. Since this is the first I'm making this because I just stumbled upon it today (pretty cool thing btw), it may sound stupid. I thought of a lure in Pokemon for Anti-Weavile because there's high chance normal Weavile would simply switch or something. I also wanted to make the Pokemon stay true to its counterpart (like the amount of moves it can learn or what type of moves can it learn in the first place). Or is it...CounterCounterpart?

The Ghost typing lures in Weavile for Knock Off, since it would be its strongest move. But oho, whats this? It survives with at least 30% HP with its defensive bulk. Not only that, with Rattled (Speed is raised 1 stage if hit by a Bug-, Dark-, or Ghost-type attack, or Intimidated.), Anti is guaranteed to outspeed and kill it with Accelerock or any Rock type move if it's Choice Band. Magician can also work to steal its Choice Band or Heavy Duty Boots and maybe act as a sacrifice, or if Anti manages to win the speed tie because Icicle Shard won't kill and leave it at at least 7% if Choice Band scenario thanks to its Rock typing.

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Weavile: 63-75 (18.4 - 21.9%) -- possible 5HKO
252 Atk Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Weavile: 42-51 (12.3 - 14.9%) -- possible 7HKO

4+ Atk AntiWeavile Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 188-224 (66.9 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4+ Atk AntiWeavile Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 252-300 (89.6 - 106.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
4+ Atk AntiWeavile Accelerock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 102-122 (36.2 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

1635911646219.png

Anti-Heatran
Stats:
91/106/106/90/130/77
Typing: Steel
New Ability: Filter
New Moves: Whirlpool, Bullet Punch.. yeah that's it.
Removed Moves: All fire moves except fire spin and fire fang, solar beam

Explanation first, why the hell is Anti-Heatran only steel AND is getting Whirlpool? First of all ask Aggron why it has Whirlpool. Second, this yet again another lure in Pokemon because i keep thinking of "what if it switches". With Filter (yes I know only Mr Mime and Mime Jr has it but so does Mega Aggron so it's fair game, idk I just refuse to use abilities or moves that are owned by only one line of Pokemon), Earth Power and Magma Storm can't kill it in one shot.

252 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Filter AntiHeatran: 88-105 (22.7 - 27.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Filter AntiHeatran: 148-175 (38.3 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and trapping damage

With that, Anti initiates the plan of trapping Heatran with Whirlpool and killing it with Earthquake. Even after Heatran lands the second Magma Storm since it can survive until three hits.

0 SpA AntiHeatran Whirlpool vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 44-54 (13.6 - 16.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery and trapping damage
After Whirlpool
4 Atk Heatran Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 292-344 (90.4 - 106.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Whirlpool damage
4 Atk Heatran Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Heatran: 232-276 (71.8 - 85.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (complete OHKO after the Whirlpool damage)

if Whirlpool feels too risky:
4 Atk Heatran Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Heatran: 232-276 (71.8 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Heatran Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 292-344 (90.4 - 106.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

1635927985573.png

Anti-Tapu Fini
Stats:
70/130/75/95/115/85
Typing: Poison/Water
New Ability: Sticky Hold
New Moves: Steel Roller, Venoshock, Acid, Acid Spray, Clear Smog, Gunk Shot, Cross Poison (No I am not giving it Gunk Shot)
Removed Moves: All fairy moves, Haze (8 moves)

I tried to avoid the poison route, I tried. Tapu Fini and Heatran just gave me so much goddamn trouble.
So, we have Sticky Hold to prevent Trick, that's self-explanatory. Stats I realized that all Tapus had the same in numbers so I stayed true to that. This is yet again another specific strategy but s t a y w i t h m e.

252 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD AntiTapu Fini: 55-66 (19.5 - 23.4%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Tapu Fini Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD AntiTapu Fini: 64-76 (22.7 - 27%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Now that that's out the way, I won't make this too long than this post already is. Steel Roller destroys terrain, toxic Tapu Fini, then Venoshock it.

Choice Scarf
252+ Atk AntiTapu Fini Steel Roller vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 138-163 (49.1 - 58%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
After Steel Roller damage and Toxic
252 SpA AntiTapu Fini Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Fini: 272-324 (96.7 - 115.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Calm Mind
252+ Atk Tapu Fini Steel Roller vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Tapu Fini: 107-126 (31.1 - 36.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
After Steel Roller and Toxic
252 SpA Tapu Fini Venoshock (130 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 186-218 (54 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and poison damage

Fml I never thought it'd be hard to make counters without accidentally making existing Pokemon who can do it better. literally I put myself on way too many rules I shouldn't have done lmao but it was still fun. oh and I'm definitely doing future slates too!

Last edited:

G-Luke

note: some calculations are done after certain amounts of damage if stated, and in the lowest damage roll

View attachment 382314
Anti-Weavile
Stats:
100/70/125/35/55/125
Typing: Ghost/Rock
New Ability: Rattled/Magician
New Moves: Accelerock, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Rock Throw, Rock Blast, Sandstorm, Astonish, Phantom Force, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Punch, Destiny Bond (11 moves)
Removed Moves: All ice moves, and lash out (11 moves)
Calcs, note that Anti-Weavile has NO item:

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 252 Def AntiWeavile: 204-242 (59.8 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Weavile Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 252 Def AntiWeavile: 138-164 (40.4 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Swords Dance)

I have to explain first before I send the rest of the calcs. Since this is the first I'm making this because I just stumbled upon it today (pretty cool thing btw), it may sound stupid. I thought of a lure in Pokemon for Anti-Weavile because there's high chance normal Weavile would simply switch or something. I also wanted to make the Pokemon stay true to its counterpart (like the amount of moves it can learn or what type of moves can it learn in the first place). Or is it...CounterCounterpart?

The Ghost typing lures in Weavile for Knock Off, since it would be its strongest move. But oho, whats this? It survives with at least 30% HP with its defensive bulk. Not only that, with Rattled (Speed is raised 1 stage if hit by a Bug-, Dark-, or Ghost-type attack, or Intimidated.), Anti is guaranteed to outspeed and kill it with Accelerock or any Rock type move if it's Choice Band. Magician can also work to steal its Choice Band or Heavy Duty Boots and maybe act as a sacrifice, or if Anti manages to win the speed tie because Icicle Shard won't kill and leave it at at least 7% if Choice Band scenario thanks to its Rock typing.

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Weavile: 63-75 (18.4 - 21.9%) -- possible 5HKO
252 Atk Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Weavile: 42-51 (12.3 - 14.9%) -- possible 7HKO

4+ Atk AntiWeavile Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 188-224 (66.9 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4+ Atk AntiWeavile Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 252-300 (89.6 - 106.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
4+ Atk AntiWeavile Accelerock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 102-122 (36.2 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

View attachment 382531
Anti-Heatran
Stats:
91/106/106/90/130/77
Typing: Steel
New Ability: Filter
New Moves: Whirlpool, Bullet Punch.. yeah that's it.
Removed Moves: All fire moves except fire spin and fire fang, solar beam

Explanation first, why the hell is Anti-Heatran only steel AND is getting Whirlpool? First of all ask Aggron why it has Whirlpool. Second, this yet again another lure in Pokemon because i keep thinking of "what if it switches". With Filter (yes I know only Mr Mime and Mime Jr has it but so does Mega Aggron so it's fair game, idk I just refuse to use abilities or moves that are owned by only one line of Pokemon), Earth Power and Magma Storm can't kill it in one shot.

252 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Filter AntiHeatran: 88-105 (22.7 - 27.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Filter AntiHeatran: 148-175 (38.3 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and trapping damage

With that, Anti initiates the plan of trapping Heatran with Whirlpool and killing it with Earthquake. Even after Heatran lands the second Magma Storm since it can survive until three hits.

0 SpA AntiHeatran Whirlpool vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 44-54 (13.6 - 16.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery and trapping damage
After Whirlpool
4 Atk Heatran Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 292-344 (90.4 - 106.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Whirlpool damage
4 Atk Heatran Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Heatran: 232-276 (71.8 - 85.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (complete OHKO after the Whirlpool damage)

if Whirlpool feels too risky:
4 Atk Heatran Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Heatran: 232-276 (71.8 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Heatran Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 292-344 (90.4 - 106.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

View attachment 382601
Anti-Tapu Fini
Stats:
70/130/75/95/115/85
Typing: Poison/Water
New Ability: Sticky Hold
New Moves: Steel Roller, Venoshock, Acid, Acid Spray, Clear Smog, Gunk Shot, Cross Poison (No I am not giving it Gunk Shot)
Removed Moves: All fairy moves, Haze (8 moves)

I tried to avoid the poison route, I tried. Tapu Fini and Heatran just gave me so much goddamn trouble.
So, we have Sticky Hold to prevent Trick, that's self-explanatory. Stats I realized that all Tapus had the same in numbers so I stayed true to that. This is yet again another specific strategy but s t a y w i t h m e.

252 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD AntiTapu Fini: 55-66 (19.5 - 23.4%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Tapu Fini Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD AntiTapu Fini: 64-76 (22.7 - 27%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Now that that's out the way, I won't make this too long than this post already is. Steel Roller destroys terrain, toxic Tapu Fini, then Venoshock it.

Choice Scarf
252+ Atk AntiTapu Fini Steel Roller vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 138-163 (49.1 - 58%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
After Steel Roller damage and Toxic
252 SpA AntiTapu Fini Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Fini: 272-324 (96.7 - 115.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Calm Mind
252+ Atk Tapu Fini Steel Roller vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Tapu Fini: 107-126 (31.1 - 36.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
After Steel Roller and Toxic
252 SpA Tapu Fini Venoshock (130 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 186-218 (54 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and poison damage

Fml I never thought it'd be hard to make counters without accidentally making existing Pokemon who can do it better. literally I put myself on way too many rules I shouldn't have done lmao but it was still fun. oh and I'm definitely doing future slates too!
This is a very round about way to just click Gunk Shot / Poison Jab twice.

I know its probably too late to mention but outside of Tapu Fini none of these Pokémon classify as counters, as Anti Heatran is 2HKOd by Modest Offensive Heatran after Rocks and Anti Weavile relies on a speed tie and / or purposely nerfing yourself to do so. I understand gimmicks are fun but most of the time they are gimmicks for a reason

:Tapu-Fini: RedwoodRogue, lavarina, G-Luke
:Weavile: shnowshnr, G-Luke, RedwoodRogue
:Heatran: lolgod3, shnoshnr, lavarina

This is a very round about way to just click Gunk Shot / Poison Jab twice.

I know its probably too late to mention but outside of Tapu Fini none of these Pokémon classify as counters, as Anti Heatran is 2HKOd by Modest Offensive Heatran after Rocks and Anti Weavile relies on a speed tie and / or purposely nerfing yourself to do so. I understand gimmicks are fun but most of the time they are gimmicks for a reason

:Tapu-Fini: RedwoodRogue, lavarina, G-Luke
:Weavile: shnowshnr, G-Luke, RedwoodRogue
:Heatran: lolgod3, shnoshnr, lavarina
thanks for telling me, i'll keep in mind next time and make sure to actually make counters in the future :mad:

tapu-fini.png
G-luke, shnowshnr, lavarina
weavile.png
RedwoodRogue, shnowshnr, G Luke
heatran.png
shnowshnr, lavarina, lolgod3

Voting is over! The winners are....

Oozing over the waves, it's G-Luke and Anti-Tapu-Fini!
Pokemon: Anti Tapu-Fini
New Stats: 80 | 70 | 85 | 110 | 115 | 110 (570 BST)
New Abilities: Competitive | Liquid Ooze
Typing:

New Moves: Roost, Brave Bird, Air Slash, Hurricane, Heat Wave, Sludge Bonb, Corrosive Gas, Tailwind, Sludge Wave, Gunk Shot, Nasty Plot
Removed Moves: All Water and Fairy moves, sans Nature's Madness. Also Calm Mind.

Anti Tapu Fini is a companion to the Anti Tapu Koko, but here Anti Fini opts for a Poison Flying typing allowing it to soak up the hits from practically any Tapu Fini set. Competitive makes defogging a wary task, while Liquid Ooze bullies Calm Mind Draining Kiss variants. Knock Off is annouing but the benefits of running this mon is enough to put those risks aside.
Burning through the cold, its gotta be RedwoodRogue and Anti-Weavile!

New Stats: 100/120/100/45/100/45
Typing: Fairy/Fire
New Abilities: Weak Armor, Magician
New Moves: Play Rough, Moonlight, Charm, Fire Lash, Flame Charge, Will-O-Wisp, Flame Wheel, Ember, Fire Spin
Removed Moves: All Ice Moves (except for Icicle Crash), All Dark moves (except Knock Off, Taunt, Foul Play, and Sucker Punch), Calm Mind
Calcs:
Offense: 0 Atk Weavile Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 320-380 (113.8 - 135.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Weavile Fire Lash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 288-338 (102.4 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Defense: 252 Atk Weavile Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 51-60 (14.9 - 17.5%) -- possible 6HKO

Reasoning: To start us off, Fairy/Fire does not exist within normal metas, so I thought it would be interesting to see how one would fare in a developing mod like this. Anti-Weavile is similar to its original counterpart in its role as a physical wallbreaker, and arguably as a setup sweeper. That said, this sets up partially by getting hit in the face, but that’s why we have moonlight.
Congratulations to the winners of this slate!

There is a tie between shnowshner's and lolgod3's Anti-Heatran, so just say either shnowshner or lolgod3 to vote for whichever one you prefer!

Here's the link to the form for the options of Slate 4! https://forms.gle/qsiyojskheVGbKUU8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)