Custom Pokemon server?

Hey, so I made a thread in CAP but apparently the thread was so offensive that it was deleted without reason? I mean a move or a lock would've both been cool if it was in the wrong place...

I was just gauging the viability and interest in a less competitively-minded custom Pokemon server for old fangame creators like myself who have a bunch of Pokemon lying around with no way to battle them. Given the existence of CAP I know it's technically feasible though does anyone have the technical know-how to help out with it?

Sorry to bump but the other thread I made seemed to get SOME interest and at least one reply from someone in a position of power and know-how would be nice

@I have technical know how on this, I didn't reply earlier because I did not understand the question? Did you want a guide of patching the server?

I'm just understanding more and more what's needed to be done and I kind of feel absurd for making the thread. I have the resources required to host my own server (my friend has hosting with MySQL) but not too much of the know-how for setting it up or adding custom pokemon / moves / abilities to it

Awesome! I'll see what I can do with the hosting I have available

Thanks for the help~

EDIT: Say there's around a dozen or so users using this server at once. What kind of server load would be expected? If it's not much I may have more options

Well, Shoddy battle uses around 230mb of ram. Also, to keep the server running, you would either need to create a service or such, or just keep SSH open 24/7.

It depends on what kind of server. I use to work for a dedicated server business, 12 users ON their server at once is very laggy. If you mean 12 user accounts running, just displaying web pages, and such, it won't be too bad. It all depends on specs anyways.

Before you dash off to buy a dedicated server, you may want to try a VPS. It's virtual and can get the specs of a dedicated server, too. They're also a lot cheaper.

Where can I get an hgss metagame patch? Is it still ~under wraps~ for this release of the server? I'd like it to be my base

EDIT: Just found the movelist, now I've just got to figure out how to make a patch out of this text...
EDIT2: Oh, duh, the info is right at the bottom of your guide. This is fun
EDIT3: Does gender have to be set one way or the other in THIS step of the process (referring to your patching guide)? Or is this something that is modified at user level later? Your example Pokemon, Smogon, seems to just have "Male" listed
EDIT4: Having trouble with the server at the moment, but before I get to that I can't get a new Pokemon to appear in the Team Builder. All other mods seem to work but this one will not. If I do get it to appear, how do I add a sprite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)