(Custom Avatar Prize) Smogon VGC Winter League II - Player Signups

How do you want teamsheets to be handled?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: dalsonyan
Relevant Social Media: dayeonyanbinary on twitter, nyanbinaryflirt#6469
Teamsheet Preference (noted above): Open
Bio: she/they/he, new to the scene, but I’m a quick learner and good at thinking on my feet, take a chance on me?

Name: FakeFan0
Relevant Social Media: FakeFan0 on Smogon, Absolute0#6816 on Discord
Teamsheet Preference: Open, but agreements to close allowed
Bio: Involved with smogon teambuilding advice, open to criticism, advanced predictions and strategy(one of the best at rock paper scissors), intelligent, AND(debatable) funny

Name: RDL93
Relevant Social Media: @Isi17Arcos on twitter, RDL IsiManz on Pokemon Showdown and RDL#0626 on Discord
Bio: New in Smogon but good vgc player. If you want practice talk to me on Discord.

Name: Avalugg
Relevant Social Media: sceptiletwitch1 on twitter, TromboneVGC#6379 on discord, TromboneVGC on showdown
Bio: Beat a rillaboom and a moltres with a single umbreon last year. Decently good in UU and OU. Pretty good at VGC.

Name: gohan92
Relevant Social Media: discord: #4799 gohan92 | twitch: gohan92 | smogon| twitter: gohen1992
Teamsheet Preference: open for both formats
Bio: VGC'13 Bochum Top 32, VGC'20 Bochum Top 32, Next Year in Bochum [GE] again. ^^ Playing competitive since 2011.

Last edited:
Name: Nick
Relevant Social Media: Twitter: @nickhoolol
Bio: I have no real VGC experience, houndoom and lucario look my dogs

kythr

save the ocean
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NUPL Champion
Name: kythr
Relevant Social Media:
Bio: little to no vgc experience, but would love to learn :)

Name: olos
Social Media: OLOS#3859 on discord
Bio: Never really tried vgc before SV, so I want to gather as much experience as possible! I’m an amateur but I know all of the mechanics and have a grasp of the meta. I’m perfectly fine with being benched, though I’d love to test my skills in a battle!

Last edited:
Name: Tufly
Discord: Liam#6856
bio:
Hello, people reading this. My name is Liam, since age 5 I have been a pokemon fan. Whether it was collecting cards or watching anime or playing the games. I very recently got into the pokemon showdown and have loved it so far. I want to compete in this competition because I feel that it will be super fun. I have never been in a competitive game but I want to try it and I know I will love it.

Thanks, for your consideration
-Liam

Name: P4bl00
Relevant Social Media: TheRealPablo#4749
Bio:
My name is pablo I play draft a lot and I am looking to branch into vgc. I have participated in Vgc drafts leagues before and done quite well.
Teamsheets: Closed

Name: Spacial
Relevant Social Media: Spacial#2088 on discord
Bio: Pretty new to VGC, been studying regularly to improve my building and playing skills. Would love a chance to learn and play more :)

Name: babiwi bewey
Relevant Social Media: Glacier#0704 on Discord
Bio: Competitive Pokemon player, gholdengo hater, been playing vgc for a year now and hit top 200 on the Showdown ladder for VGC 2022, active member of the VGC chatroom on Pokemon Showdown and love to get new players into VGC.

Last edited:
Name: Saitou
Relevant Social Media: Discord(ikki kurogane#0179)
Bio: Yo, the names Saitou(its not, but no thanks) I'm an avid gamer that saw this on my 20th bday, and was reminded why I fell in love with the games. The enjoyment they can bring even when not playing, so whilst I'm playing I'm going to battle like it's my last, and hope you'll do the same.

Name: Gofindnory
Relevant Social Media: Discord GoFindNory#4425
Bio: Looking to sharpen my VGC skills and really put myself to the test against other great players. It will be really fun to see peoples sets and figuring what works.
Teamsheets: Closed

Name: ADCrybaby
Relevant Social Media: ADCrybaby#6881 on Discord
Bio: Mostly enjoy making competitive mons on cart, but also an avid donductor.
Teamsheets: Open (All official tourneys are confirmed to be open, so it makes sense to follow for VGC)

1648841094894.png

(I would consider getting a Gen 9 logo but that's a lot of work lol)

I'm deciding to release player signups a week early! Signups will be open from December 5 to December 16.

Winter League Overview:
  • There will be 8 teams in Winter League II. Teams will field 8 starters and a minimum of 4 substitutes. The max team size is 15.
  • We will draft using an auction of 120K credits, with each bid (for a player) starting at 3k.
  • Format Overview is as follows:
    • 8x VGC 2023 Series 1
      • After much polling and discussion amongst the community and managers, we have agreed upon the following format:
      • 6 closed teamsheet slots (with gentlemen's agreement for open) and 2 open teamsheet slots (which CANNOT be closed)
  • There will be no retains in this iteration of VGC PL.
The managers for this tournament are below!
Dewford Dozos: zee EVIL z0mOG
Kiloude City Kilowattrels: Zelda yuki snow-pokepoke
Driftveil Dirges: baaaaaat Megamite RK_pocoyo
Po Town Gholdengos: Nails Spurrific Grandmas Cookin
Kyoto Kingambits: -Howkings JoeUX9
Eterna City Flower Tricks: Helios of Sun izzy22x gahaku
Glaseado Mountain Greedents: PsychedVGC Darts
Zui Zoruas: Tyo Wille duckpond

Signup Format:
Name: this can be a different name than your Smogon account if you go by something else in the VGC community
Account Verification: PLEASE PROVIDE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FOR VERIFICATION:
  • A Smogon account older than 30 days OR with a minimum of 5 posts
  • A Twitter account registered in February of 2022 or earlier
  • A Discord account that is 6 months old or older
  • FAILURE TO MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THESE CRITERIA WILL MAKE YOU INELIGIBLE FOR THE DRAFT
Bio: A place to tell managers more about yourself! This could be accomplishments, experience, or just more about you!

Blank Template:
Name:
Relevant Social Media:
Teamsheet Preference (noted above):
Bio:

Teamsheet

Example Signup:
Name: Eeveon7
Relevant Social Media: Eeveon7♪#6561 (Discord), Eeveon7 on Twitter and Smogon
Teamsheet Preference: Closed
Bio: World's best benchwarmer

The tournament will be expected to start in late December and run for 7 weeks of regular season with 2 potential playoff weeks. Please only sign up if you are willing to make such a time commitment.
Below is the updated proposed timetable:

Manager Signups Dec 5 - Dec 11
Player Signups Dec 5 - Dec 16
Draft TBD (Subject to change)
Week 1: Dec 21 - Dec 27
Week 2: Dec 28 - Jan 3
Week 3: Jan 4 - Jan 10
Week 4: Jan 11 - Jan 17
Week 5 Jan 18 - Jan 24
Week 6: Jan 25 - Jan 31
Week 7: Feb 1 - Feb 7
Semifinals: Feb 8- Feb 14
Finals: Feb 15 - Feb 21
(Yes weeks start on Wednesday)
Name: Jaberdodle
Relevant Socials: @OwenTippettSZN on Twitter, Jaberdoodle#3693
Team Sheet Preference: Open(but both can prefer to keep closed)
Bio: I like Philly sports, I'm sometimes funny, I can sometimes get very creative while teambuilding, and I like to have fun

Name: Lewpick36 (lewpick36yt on PS)
Relevant Social Media: Lewpick36#0053 lewpick36 (twitter)
Teamsheet Preference (noted above):
Bio: New to VGC (compared to most) but i can predict and play very smartly (when i play lol)

name;dapperkid
Relevant Media: none whatsoever
Bio: creative and esteemed pokemon trainer who is ok with being a benchwarmwe

Name: deadleaf36
Relevant Social Media: cheese #3703 (Discord),
Teamsheet Preference: Open
Bio: I played a bit of vgc in sword and shield, good results online. I am confident in playing, but I'm cool with being a benchwarmer and can help with building teams. Worth 3k :)

Last edited:

Kaisamessiah

I COULD BE BANNED!
Name: Jude
Relevant Social Media: @maGicaUraVGC (twitter), マギカウラ#3195
Teamsheet Preference (noted above): Open
Bio: Some good results online, hoping to learn more about the meta and have connections broadened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)