(Custom Avatar Prize) Smogon VGC Winter League II - Player Signups

How do you want teamsheets to be handled?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: ZekromZeke
Relevant Social Media: ZekromZeke on bird app. ZekromZeke #0731 on discord.
Bio:
Won winter league last season by dodging a rock slide. 10-0 in smogon leagues by playing boomer formats. RT Champion. Managing experience in PGL, USPA, VCL. Played at worlds this year did bad lol

Name: EclipseOwl
Relevant Social Media: Discord: EclipseOwl#6013 Twitter: @EclipseOwl
Bio: I told myself I wasn't going to play team tours this gen but I'm addicted | CVL Champion, PGL 3 Champion, lots of team tour history other than those | IRL VGC boomer

Name: Lazyverse
Relevant Social Media: Lazyverse#7578 on Discord, @LazyverseYT on Twitter
Bio: Minecraft Streamer turned competitive Pokémon Player

Name: RelapseVGC
Relevant Social Media: Discord : Relapse#2626 | Twitter : RelapseVGC
Bio: source: trust me bro!

Last edited:

Fhyr

Banned deucer.
Name: Fhyr (showdown account is Fhyr94)
Relevant Social Media: This Smogon account, and my discord is linked in my about me
Bio: Looking to get more into tournaments, I prefer using more unusual teams to bring something new to the competition

termnal

formerly Lpow12
Name: Termnal
Social Media: Termnal#4980 on discord
Bio: Been playing singles since USUM and really trying to get into vgc this year cause I can finally travel for irl events. Building teams is one of my favorite parts of the game and I want to learn more and grow as a vgc player

sasha

one eyed owl
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Name: sasha
Relevant Social Media: cyrus#0005
Bio: havent played vgc competitively for very long but have dabbled an ok amount, am an active teammate and would like to try my hand in a vgc team tour :3

Clas

om majors 2nd place, in 0 om opens r3 (god gamer)
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: Clastia
Relevant Social Media: Clastia#6682 Discord, all others unused usually
Bio: only good like 50% of the time lmao but i can actually play sometimes, also pro hypeman. mostly singles player but played smdou in roa olympics and went 2-2 (in denial about 2nd set loss luck) and only person in tpp's camo dou pool to beat yoda iirc (although my record was mid when i was still mid, 1-2 embarrassingly from not paying attention)

1648841094894.png

(I would consider getting a Gen 9 logo but that's a lot of work lol)

I'm deciding to release player signups a week early! Signups will be open from December 5 to December 18.

Winter League Overview:
  • There will be 8 teams in Winter League II. Teams will field 8 starters and a minimum of 4 substitutes. The max team size is 15.
  • We will draft using an auction of 120K credits, with each bid (for a player) starting at 3k.
  • Format Overview is as follows:
    • 8x VGC 2023 Series 1
  • There will be no retains in this iteration of VGC PL.
The managers for this tournament are yet to be determined, you can see the signups here:

Signup Format:
Name: this can be a different name than your Smogon account if you go by something else in the VGC community
Account Verification: PLEASE PROVIDE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FOR VERIFICATION:
  • A Smogon account older than 30 days OR with a minimum of 5 posts
  • A Twitter account registered in February of 2022 or earlier
  • A Discord account that is 6 months old or older
  • FAILURE TO MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THESE CRITERIA WILL MAKE YOU INELIGIBLE FOR THE DRAFT
Bio: A place to tell managers more about yourself! This could be accomplishments, experience, or just more about you!

Blank Template:
Name:
Relevant Social Media:
Bio:

Example Signup:

Name: Eeveon7
Relevant Social Media: Eeveon7♪#6561 (Discord), Eeveon7 on Twitter and Smogon
Bio: World's best benchwarmer

The tournament will be expected to start in late December and run for 7 weeks of regular season with 2 potential playoff weeks. Please only sign up if you are willing to make such a time commitment.
Below is the updated proposed timetable:

Manager Signups Dec 5 - Dec 11
Player Signups Dec 5 - Dec 18
Draft Dec 23 (Subject to change)
Week 1+2: (Double week for Regionals): Dec 26 - Jan 8
Week 3+4: (Double week for Regionals): Jan 9 - Jan 22
Week 5 Jan 23 - Jan 29
Week 6: Jan 30 - Feb 5
Week 7: Feb 6 - Feb 12
Semifinals: Feb 13 - Feb 19
Finals: Feb 20 - Feb 26
(Double weeks require teams to play two matches in two weeks)
Name: SimsyBool
Social: @alex19284 on Twitter; simsyboolin*+#3453 on discord.
Bio: Been playing VGC on showdown mostly during SwSh era. Now I'm playing on switch for SV. Just trying to hone my skills and learn from others.

Name: bread
Relevant Social Media:
@breadvgc_ on twitter, loaf of bread#2675 on discord
Bio
:I just want the prize the most recent thing I played had my finish day two limitless

Railgun

formerly luisin
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Name: luisin
RSM:
Twitter: @LightScreener
Discord: luisin#7513
Bio: I was inactive at VGC for 2 years due to covid but this year I will return with all the attitude:blobthumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)