Metagame Cross Evolution

Is it possible to play Gen 8 Cross Evolution or National Dex Cross Evolution anywhere? All I could find was Gen 7 Cross Evolution on the ROM server.

Is it possible to play Gen 8 Cross Evolution or National Dex Cross Evolution anywhere? All I could find was Gen 7 Cross Evolution on the ROM server.
ROM has Gen 8 Cross Evolution as well, but no support for National Dex. ROM does have rather a lot of formats, so if you can't find it, it's just after Chimera in the "Other Metagames" section, which is normally in the first column.

Quick question: currently, when I cross evolve anything into Slowbro-Galar, it gets the Poison/Psychic typing. This is true whether it is a monotyped Pokémon like Tangela or a dual typed mon like Scyther.

My understanding is that Slowpoke swaps its primary Water typing and gains Poison type upon evolving, but its secondary type does not change. So why does Glowbro work the same way as Marowak-Alola?

Quick question: currently, when I cross evolve anything into Slowbro-Galar, it gets the Poison/Psychic typing. This is true whether it is a monotyped Pokémon like Tangela or a dual typed mon like Scyther.

My understanding is that Slowpoke swaps its primary Water typing and gains Poison type upon evolving, but its secondary type does not change. So why does Glowbro work the same way as Marowak-Alola?
This is probably due to the fact that Glowbro's slot for the psychic type is swapped as well as it gaining the new poison typing, so in a mechanical sense Glowbro gets two wholly new type slots to override its old type slots.

This is probably due to the fact that Glowbro's slot for the psychic type is swapped as well as it gaining the new poison typing, so in a mechanical sense Glowbro gets two wholly new type slots to override its old type slots.
Ah, I didn’t realize Slowpoke-Galar was mono Psychic typed. That clears it up!

so, uh... "urshifu-rapid-strike" bypasses the character limit on PS for a nickname, so is that version of urshifu just unusable? or is there an alternative?

So I am by no means a competitive player, just a lurker with a lot of data and the occasional urge to mess around with the other metagames. That said, this bad team made me laugh maniacally so I might as well post it and my thoughts on it before I or the metagame improves.

So my first thought was, I can make Pokemon be whatever type I want. From what I've heard, the absolute best type is Steel-Fairy. Since this is an Ubers metagame, my immediate first thought was the overwhelming Zacien-Crowned. I, of course, immediately ignored this logic, and that's how I ended up with this tragedy.

:sm/cufant:

Ninetales-Alola (Cufant) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
Stats: 107/106/84/71/84/84

Yeah! Aurora Veil shenanigans! They'll never see it coming! I was happy to let Showdown help me with the stat spreads for the most part. Poor little Cufant is not my team's heavy hitter, but compared to the the next best steel, Aron, it had a more rounded bulk and a deepish movepool. I may yet take the investment out of attack, but both that, and its ability to encore pokemon that try to do a cheeky early game setup... well they exist.

After that embarrassing start, I decided the next place to go would be raw BST. An early test team I made had the horrendous Mudsdale-Gyarados (eat your heart out Landorus). I took a Pokemon I had been seeing a lot of to meet Gyarados's bulky neighbour, and after a bit of tweaking arrived at:

:sm/tangela:

Milotic (Tangela) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Dragon Tail
- Knock Off
Stats: 140/100/174/190/110/61

Nope, that's not Marvel Scale. This thing just will not die. What good would Marvel Scale do? Besides, I'm sure other people have made heart-eyes at this 775BST beast. Why do something they expect? This Tangela loves to see intimidate, sticky web, play rough, defog, etc, and even without any investment it can output a giga drain that stuff just doesn't want to switch into. Plus, it was tanky so I made it my phaser. I'm still wavering on knock off. It might be worth swapping for an stab-less special move for coverage, but it might not.

Well, now my team is a bit too strong and I'd rather add something quirky than something obviously good. What's a good type? Normal-Ghost is pretty good, all those immunities. How do I make that happen?

:sm/porygon:

Froslass (Porygon) @ Bright Powder
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Shadow Ball
- Tri Attack
- Spikes
Stats: 85/90/90/115/95/100

I'm not proud of my decision. This creature can come in on things Cufant might not enjoy, and it can put down some spikes in case I decide Tangela's phasing can be a win condition. Snow Cloak and Brightpowder in hail... Possibly switching the investment to speed and making this be more supportive is an improvement I could make, swapping blizzard for something like destiny bond. Perhaps I should just make a team that's good.

My mind wanders to the classic Inheritance set with Charizard/Tornadus-Butterfree/Vivillon. So I built my own Zapdos.

:sm/Electabuzz:

Butterfree (Electabuzz) @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
Stats: 75/108/52/160/140/145

Now that's some nice special bulk. You only get two moves from your evolution, so no nice flying stab. Instead, focus miss misses less, which can be quite surprising for all the Pokemon who come in expecting to tank a thunder or absorb a sleep powder. Reminder, I'm not much of a competitive player, so any advantage I can take through surprise, I will.

Surprise, it's Dusclops, but bulkier, and with Regenerator.

:sm/Dusclops:

Reuniclus (Dusclops) @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
Stats: 85/95/155/60/155/25

Max attack investment seems kinda dumb to me, but who am I to argue with Showdown's conclusion? I'm not making a stall team here, am I? That said it was the max attack investment that gave me the idea of putting just a pinch of revenge killer into my creepy wall. I don't like people recovering or trying to setup in my face, so they get a choice band, or a burn. Dusclops isn't quite as wall-licious as Tangela, but it's a decent middle ground between it and Electabuzz. 95 attack with a choice band is... I don't know the exact numbers but it can be worked with, and it's some priority for my team if nothing else.

I have no illusions about the durability of my team, so I finished it off with the standard specially defensive Eternatus. This is an Ubers metagame, after all. As more of a UU player I relish the opportunity to add something big and scary to the squad.

:sm/Eternatus:

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dynamax Cannon
- Recover
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

With any luck, this beast will win even if the rest of my team falls.

Last edited:
So the other day, I realised that Claydol learns Nasty Plot and a surprising variety of special moves. I brought this up in the Inheritance thread, but when this won OM of the month, I came up with a set:

Claydol (Magnemite)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Its new base stats are 45/65/120/125/105/65. What item should I give it?

With Gen 8 Cross Evolution up and running as this month's OMotM, I've decided to share a couple fun sets.

:Porygon2: -> :Machamp: (No Guard)
I decided to take advantage of Porygon2's notorious Zap Cannon. Infamous for its 50/50 accuracy, but 100% chance to paralyze, normally it's too risky to run without blunder policy, and even then typically remains a niche pick. However, with No Guard, this move becomes an instantly viable, and desirable pick. Going with Machamp to achieve this, we have an annoying force to be reckoned with, the likes of which Scarfkiss are repulsed by. Top this baby off with Dynamic Punch for Parafusion mayhem to either completely either cripple just about any Pokemon under the Sun, or force a switch. Fill in the blanks with Recovery and Teleport, which either compliment Porygon2's longevity, or allow the player a free scout and switch during the opponent's most vulnerable turns.
Machamp (Porygon2) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Recover
- Zap Cannon
- Teleport
:Ponyta: -> :Gyarados: (Intimidate)
How about a non-banded Ponyta? Even without the bonus attack, Ponyta's offensive capabilities remain sky-high. More than that, however, it is probably one of the only Pokemon that benefits from Gyarados' added Flying type, offensively as well as defensively. Given the 4x weakness to Stealth Rocks, Heavy Duty Boots was a life-saving necessity, and therefor an obvious pick. There are two variants of this set I can see being used. The first is primarily a fearsome pivot; sporting Will-o-Wisp, as well as recovery. The second is an all-out offensive variant with Dragon Dance. This is more or less a classic set in some sense, one we've seen more or less used on Salamence and Gyarados itself.

Both sets are capable of forcing a switch. Bounce is a two-turn move, although in some situations this can be advantageous, such as when the opponent is switching to a faster Pokemon, boosting its speed, uses Protect, etc. Play to these situations as much as possible, of course. I personally believe the defensive variant is stronger; it's the one I had been playing with, but there's a possibility of the second faring better. Alternatively, Moxie is an option on the offensive set, in which case Dragon Dance may or may not be kept. Flame Charge is admittedly a weak move, although its 100% chance to boost speed may outmode Dragon Dance, and allow for a less passive buff, especially when it is used over Flare Blitz to conserve health and set off a speedy Will-o-Wisp to ensure recovery.
Gyarados (Ponyta) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flame Charge/Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp/Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Morning Sun

:Slowpoke: -> :Toxapex:
Another Teleport Mon. You can tell I'm a fan of this move, especially when its combined with Regenerator. What better way to recover? Well, of course, there is also slack off. I admit this one is not very creative, although it is effective. Who could blame me? It's the good ol' Pex, back with much more HP! At the cost of a little special defense; EVs are there for padding. Fill in the offensive move with whichever suits your tastes; live in shame knowing you could have had a Toxapex with Future sight if you choose the standard Pex moves.
Toxapex (Slowpoke) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Future Sight/Scald/Knock Off
- Slack Off
- Teleport

:Haunter: -> :Gardevoir:(Trace)
Encore's a nice touch; you can snag a couple win moments with that; punish the opponent for being too greedy (or stalling!) Are you using those Ponyta and Slowpoke sets I gave you? Well then, don't hesitate to swap Shadow Ball out for Hex! This thing's got a decent bit of bulk on it, and respectable (albeit not perfect) speed on it as well! Calm Mind over nasty plot can allow for an extra turn over Nasty Plot without sacrificing utility in a number of situations when confronted with special attackers.
Gardevoir (Haunter) @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball/Hex
- Sludge Bomb

??? -> :Butterfree: (Compound Eyes)
You're going to see a lot of this guy. Insanely accurate sleep powder/hurricane + quiver dance, and fill in the blanks. Extremely effective. Make sure to bring a bulky Unaware mon, or Misty Terrain. Electabuzz is your go to for this one, with Thunder.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's just me being a noob to the metagame, but Arcanine-Munchlax is probably one of the best sweepers in the meta and facing it is a nightmare even with would-be checks like Fur Coat Tangela and Unaware users thanks to its surprisingly wide offensive movepool giving it the option to run a BoltBeam punch move (or Seed Bomb) in conjunction with Extreme Speed and Earthquake. In addition to this, not only does it receive access to the coveted STAB boost on Extreme Speed, it's beefy as hell with defenses of 170/75/115 and its Attack stat of 125 is far from bad, especially compared to Linoone, as an example. Not to mention its access to Intimidate lets it switch in easier than it normally would be for it.

It's good. Use it. Carry an Unaware 'mon on all teams.

So i was touching this OM a little bit and found this silly but somewhat effective lead set

Scolipede (Roselia) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Protect
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb

Sleep slower mons. Protect and then sleep faster mons. Sludge bomb to stop grasses not named ferroseed. Spikes on anything passive(or sleeping). I'll test this meta a lil more but i just wanted to share this goofy little set that isn't half bad.

Last edited:

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
Regenerator needs to be banned or at least restricted to one member per team. The meta is like 90% stall/Regenspam at this point and Regenerator is enabling incredibly boring playstyles. Battles going to turn 1000 on a regular basis is not a sign of a healthy metagame.

I would like to note that I am also using Regenerator.

Last edited:
So here's the team I'm currently using. I need a way to get rid of status because Ferronine keeps getting paralysed, and Lycanbray is a weak link who can barely KO anything. Any help?
What I think you could do is running Milotic on Ferroseed. However I think one mon fills the roles that Mudbray and Seed are filling.

Gyarados (Hippopotas) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic/Scald/Body Slam/Whirlwind/Defog
143/187/102/83/122/33

It’s a solid mixed defender with naturally high attack. It’s a Ground/Flying type with Intimidate. It’s… not quite Landorus Therian. Not as many resists as Ferronine, but it plays that role very well.

~~with the free slot just put Zacian Crowned~~

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
So here's the team I'm currently using. I need a way to get rid of status because Ferronine keeps getting paralysed, and Lycanbray is a weak link who can barely KO anything. Any help?
veil is inherently a hyper offensive team (the turn cost and teamslot far outweighs the benefits on anything else) so you need fast and hard-hitting wincons in order to make it worth building around. because of this, ferroseed is basically a dead slot - it has bulk so it wastes veil turns when you could be setting hazards or setting up instead.

this is what i'd replace it with:
excadrill (Gastly) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Curse / Steel Beam
- Rapid Spin / Icy Wind / Knock Off / etc.

this accomplishes the same effect as ferroseed (setting up hazards) while preventing them from getting spun away or defogged (if you can get the taunt off). you lead with this and basically set up hazards and then die.

magneton-flygon is ok on a balance team (giga drain doesnt hit enough mons to be worthwhile though, consider something like flamethrower) but this is a hyper offense team where you want to end the game quick. a better electric would be something like this:

Gallade (Electabuzz) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Cross Chop / Close Combat
- Triple Axel / Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

unlike magneton this has higher offensive presence due to its higher bp stabs, plus it has sd for even more attack. idk how effective electabuzz-butterfree would be since you get stopped by chansey-hatterene but that is also very considerable.

mudbray is just bad, end of story. having no way to boost its attack is dire when stuff like tangela and wailmer can just sit on it indefinitely. i think a better option would be zacian-c due to its incredible defensive typing and offensive stats:

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge
- Swords Dance

abra-swoobat has absolutely awful bulk which veil does not help. while omanyte-espeon's bulk is still mediocre it does have an extra defensive typing and a great ability:

Espeon (Omanyte) @ White Herb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Modest Nature
- Stored Power
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Shell Smash

finally while wartortle-tsareena's attack is good, its speed is not and neither is its offensive typing. i'd rather go with something like pawniard-barbaracle:

Barbaracle (Pawniard) @ White Herb
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Taunt / Poison Jab
- Shell Smash

edited team

Last edited:
Thanks. I built that team based on input from the Showdown chat, but I came up with the Abra and Wartortle on my own after people told me I needed setup sweepers. I was disappointed that the latter could barely tank Krabby-skewda's Crabhammer behind a veil.

D7829FD1-DFE1-488A-A9F7-2C1AD143C9C2.jpeg

After reaching top spot in ladder and second in a tour, I thought some would like to see the mons I utilize. The offensive presence is pretty standard, but I think the defensive mons I utilize are even more important.

Reuniclus (Chansey) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Teleport
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss

Wishport Regen Chansey is good for all the reasons you think. It supports its teammates very well. It’s my team’s rock setter. Regenerator doesn’t require Chansey to have a standard recovery move in Soft Boil or Recover. This set is very common. We know what it does and it does it well. I’d recommend investing more into special defense than my set. Seismic Toss will 3-4HKO most special sets. This is exempting Ghost types.

Gyarados (Vullaby) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off

It’s more than a token Defogger and Knock Off supporter. Intimidate combined with the 145/99/145 bulk allows it to switch into a majority ophysical attacks. Most special attackers would like to set up on it. The modest Relaxed base 170 STAB knock off doesn’t permit that.

Flygon (Doublade) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Roost
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Dubious Doublade. This set is a blanket for most physical sets. It can switch in to things like standard Zacian-Crowned, Archen sets, most Rhydon sets, most Scyther sets. It switches in and pivots out. It also blocks the couple of spinners in this meta. 4 immunities is very nice. It also covers Vullaby’s weaknesses of very well.

Slowking-Galar (Scyther) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Flamethrower

Don’t let the name fool you, it’s not another slow pivot. Well, not a slow defensive pivot. Regular Glowking doesn’t have a pivoting move it can take advantage of. It can knock some mons that wouldn’t stay in against Vullaby. Flamethrower can rack up damage against Steels, and can take out some common leads like Steelix Scyther and Excadrill Scyther. Future Sight does plenty of damage as it is. Forces out Steels and Darks is what I tend to use it for more. Which is handy for my next team member

Canis Swordus (Zacian-Crowned) @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Like many others, I was surprised that this wasn’t banned. It’s unsurprisingly a solid mon. Great attack, speed tier, type, coverage moves, et cetera. Very good mon for laddering. Its usual switchins are all but absent on ladder. Not many Doublades, Quag Hippopotases, Clef Dusclopses, Ho-ohs, and a couple more. It can’t have all the moves to handle these, so it suffers from 4 move slot syndrome. If, for whatever reason, it gets low on HP, ReuChansey can just Wish all it’s health back.

Stickleback (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder

I had a couple people noting that my team didn’t have a “Fire switch in,” and so I reformed my team to get rid of Milotic Ferroseed and got another big hitter. Kyogre usually throws up that Scarf/Specs tossup, and Kyo appreciates the extra speed in this meta in my opinion. Even switching it in to help my other team members against fire is occasionally helpful. Unless you’re named Chansey, Wailmer, or Vaporeonix, chances are a full health Spout is doing non-negligible damage. It’s not hard for Water Spout to stay at 150 because Chansey is doing that thing it does.

I’ve never been the best at explaining why my team is good. But I do know that pivot balance is very good in this meta with strong Wish support. I hope everyone is having as much fun with this meta as me. Good luck all.

Hey all! We hope you've all been enjoying laddering or playing Cross Evolution, and I'd like to preface this post by saying that for the most part, the metagame will remain as-is until the release of Gen 9. There will be no major mechanical changes, unbans, or bans as far as the council is concerned. There will be more on the planned state of the Gen 9 metagame at the end of this post, but that's not really important for now - I'll be addressing some of the points brought up by the community first.

Regenerator
The council has decided not to take any action on Regenerator as we have not found it to be particularly broken nor centralizing. There is little precedent for a straight-up ban, and complex restrictions on the ability go against current OM tiering policy.

Milotic, Gyarados, and Zacian-Crowned
There are no plans to ban any of these in the near future, as the council has not found any of these to be broken in the current state of the metagame. As far as we have observed, these particular Pokemon provide a healthy degree of centralization, as opposed to making the metagame unplayable.

Butterfree
The council has been looking into Butterfree's impact on the metagame as a fast sleeper that also provides QD and Flying-STAB with great offensive boosts and abilities to boot. Whether Butterfree is healthy or not for the metagame remains up for debate and there is a small chance that we may decide to ban it in the future.

Illusion Bug
This bug has been fixed, and as far as I have tested, it is now working as intended. A big thank-you to Kris for the fix, as this bug has been present since Gen 6.

Spreadsheet Errors
The previously mentioned errors in the spreadsheet have been fixed. Keep reporting errors as you find them, it's quite helpful!

Viability Rankings
This has been in the works for a while, with initial discussions with Chazm dating as far back as the IoA metagame. This is a heavily modified version of the VR she posted back in May of 2021. I will be editing this into the main post soon, but I will reserve some time for people to review the VR in its current state and provide feedback.

S rank

:rhydon: Rhydon (Gallade, Salamence, Dragonite, Corviknight, Hatterene, Scolipede)
:electabuzz: Electabuzz (Butterfree, Nidoking, Clefable, Gallade)
:zacian-crowned: Zacian-Crowned

A+ rank

:magmar: Magmar (Gallade, Nidoking, Clefable)
:scyther: Scyther (Excadrill, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Urshifu-Single-Strike, Steelix)
:wailmer: Wailmer (Toxapex, Milotic, Quagsire)

A rank

:chansey: Chansey (Hatterene, Reuniclus, Clefable, Decidueye)
:doublade: Doublade (Dragonite, Flygon, Reuniclus, Salamence, Gallade)
:munchlax: Munchlax (Arcanine, Milotic)
:porygon2: Porygon2 (Hatterene, Kommo-o, Nidoking, Clefable, Garchomp)
:vullaby: Vullaby (Gyarados, Persian-Alola)

A- rank

:calyrex-shadow: Calyrex-Shadow
:eternatus: Eternatus
:ferroseed: Ferroseed (Milotic, Pelipper, Arcanine, Centiskorch)
:haunter: Haunter (Butterfree, Gardevoir, Nidoking, Porygon-Z)
:kubfu: Kubfu (Gyarados)
:kyogre: Kyogre
:tangela: Tangela (Toxapex, Arcanine, Thievul, Vaporeon, Persian-Alola, Milotic)

B+ rank

:carvanha: Carvanha (Toxtricity, Hitmontop)
:dusclops: Dusclops (Clefable, Corviknight, Gallade)
:gastly: Gastly (Excadrill, Jolteon, Frosmoth)
:hippopotas: Hippopotas (Persian-Alola, Gyarados)
:honedge: Honedge (Hitmontop)
:ho-oh: Ho-Oh
:lunala: Lunala
:mr-mime-galar: Mr. Mime-Galar (Nidoking, Gallade)
:raboot: Raboot (Gallade)
:sandshrew-alola: Sandshrew-Alola (Hitmontop)
:spritzee: Spritzee (Milotic)

B rank

:archen: Archen (Gyarados, Hitmonlee)
:ditto: Ditto
:farfetch Farfetch'd-Galar (Gyarados)
:golbat: Golbat (Gallade, Butterfree)
:lairon: Lairon (Dragonite, Salamence)
:magneton: Magneton (Clefable, Hydreigon, Nidoking)
:pawniard: Pawniard (Barbaracle, Lycanroc-Dusk)
:piloswine: Piloswine (Scolipede, Gallade)
:ponyta: Ponyta (Hitmonlee, Lycanroc-Dusk)
:seadra: Seadra (Butterfree)
:sliggoo: Sliggoo (Corviknight, Clefable)
:slowpoke: Slowpoke (Gyarados, Arcanine)
:togetic: Togetic (Krookodile, Corviknight, Gardevoir)

B- rank

:kadabra: Kadabra (Nidoking)
:klang: Klang (Gallade, Reuniclus)
:mudbray: Mudbray (Arcanine)
:necrozma-dusk-mane: Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
:omanyte: Omanyte (Espeon, Swoobat)
:onix: Onix (Vaporeon)
:tentacool: Tentacool (Milotic, Toxapex, Umbreon)
:xerneas: Xerneas
:wartortle: Wartortle (Reuniclus, Gallade)

C rank

:abra: Abra (Frosmoth, Naganadel)
:fraxure: Fraxure (Gallade)
:frillish: Frillish (Accelgor, Milotic)
:larvesta: Larvesta (Leafeon)
:ponyta-galar: Ponyta-Galar (Boltund)
:porygon: Porygon (Noivern, Toxtricity)
:sinistea: Sinistea (Espeon, Swoobat)

Cross Evolution in Gen 9
I mentioned before that there are no plans to introduce any mechanical changes to the current Gen 8 metagame, but this does not extend to Gen 9. As some of you may know, the planned release of Scarlet/Violet is, in fact, this year, and we have begun planning accordingly. A major planned change is the removal of the 2-inherited-move limit - we have found this to be somewhat arbitrary and confusing in the teambuilder. Other than that, the Gen 9 banlist will be mostly wiped (with some exceptions) and we will handle bans/restrictions as the metagame develops.

Last edited:

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Regenerator
The council has decided not to take any action on Regenerator as we have not found it to be particularly broken nor centralizing. There is little precedent for a straight-up ban, and complex restrictions on the ability go against current OM tiering policy.
While true that regen doesn't have any precedent of being banned outside of shared power, which is a different story, there is precedent to introducing a universal restrictions to curb regenerator spam. 2 ability clause, the same already used in AAA, has been introduced to Inheritance to mainly nerf that strategy while still keeping key metagame staples like RegenVesters allowed.

I advocate for this because 6gen stall is a hellspawn created from our desire to push the engine to its limits and requires a near 0 skill to actually play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)