Cross Evolution (now with Viability Rankings!)

going to post a balance team that I've worked on now and then since the Ubers unban, I'm still tweaking it every now and then though so feel free to make some suggestions as to how to improve it:

Gyarados (Gligar)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Roost

Escavalier (Scyther) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Milotic (Chinchou) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Volt Switch

Beedrill (Rhydon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Focus Energy
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Agility

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Gligar -> Gyarados (140/190/129/80/145/86) is my main wincon in addition to forming a part of my defensive core. Stellar 140/129/145 defensive stats coupled with Intimidate and a solid defensive typing in Ground/Flying grants Gligar many opportunities to set up, and a lack of power isn't an issue either as base 190 Attack equates to over 400 uninvested even before a boost. That's not to say it doesn't need support, though; while it's decently hard to revenge-kill owing to its good bulk, it's 4x weak to the decently common Ice Shard which means any users of that move need to be eliminated before attempting a sweep. It's also walled by the extremely common Doublade -> Dragonite, not even being able to 2HKO it at +6 unless Multiscale is already broken. The EV spread could (and should) be improved, but I'm not sure how much HP investment to run on a Pokémon with 140 base HP so feel free to make suggestions for a better spread.

Scyther -> Escavalier (90/170/140/75/140/65) is the second member of my defensive core in addition to forming part of a VoltTurn core and filling the role of hazard remover. Offensive Scyther has been getting a lot of attention here, and for good reason, but I believe it has some defensive merit as well. The Special Defense EVs are set in order to always be able to survive a Moonblast + Focus Blast from +2 Xerneas from 87.5% HP and put it into safe revenge-killing range from Arceus' Extreme Speed using Iron Head; the rest go into physical Defense so as to be a little more resilient to physical attacks. U-turn combined with minimum Speed allows Scyther to give a free switch-in to one of its allies, particularly Rhydon which really needs the support to get in.

Chinchou -> Milotic (150/83/97/146/126/68) is the final member of my defensive core in addition to forming part of a VoltTurn core with Scyther. This is only a slight variation of the set posted in the Sample Sets section of the OP so I don't think there's much I need to explain about it, but I will note that I decided to go with a physically defensive set rather than a specially defensive set as Gligar and Scyther already have heavy investment in Special Defense (though they can hold their own against physical attacks as well) and Chinchou's resistances to strong physical types like Fire are quite useful for a physical wall, and I'm running Heal Bell over Toxic so as to ensure that my team, but Gligar, Groudon, and Arceus in particular, can't be crippled by status.

Rhydon -> Beedrill (125/195/110/65/100/80) is my primary wallbreaker. Essentially, this is my way around Unaware 'mons; Focus Energy is a form of boosting that isn't based around normal stat stages in addition to negating Rhydon's own negative stat stages, meaning that it can't be halted by the likes of Intimidate and is in general very hard for slower teams to handle. Agility doesn't really help in the process of stallbreaking, but is included so Rhydon can hold its own against offense as well if need be (and neither Rhydon nor Beedrill get Taunt anyway, lol). I could go on and on about how much raw power this thing has, but instead, I'm going to calc against every member of sin(pi)'s stall team like I said I would, now that I know his EV spreads:

252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Multiscale Doublade on a critical hit: 205-241 (53.6 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Doublade on a critical hit: 409-482 (107 - 126.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (this is with broken Multiscale)
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 224+ Def Gligar on a critical hit: 441-521 (91.3 - 107.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 224+ Def Gligar on a critical hit: 441-521 (91.3 - 107.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Munchlax on a critical hit: 616-727 (111.1 - 131.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Drill Run vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Munchlax on a critical hit: 493-581 (88.9 - 104.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Drill Run vs. 252 HP / 40 Def Slowpoke on a critical hit: 456-538 (110.1 - 129.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Stone Edge obviously KOs as well)
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Spritzee on a critical hit: 468-552 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Spritzee on a critical hit: 468-552 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Marvel Scale Spritzee on a critical hit: 312-368 (61.1 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence on a critical hit: 1146-1349 (326.4 - 384.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (you're slower unboosted and get 2HKO'd by Earthquake, though)

This thing does have flaws as a breaker, though; it's not that bulky and has a lot of weaknesses so it has a bit of trouble setting up even against stall, it can't OHKO very many stallmons unboosted, and lolstonemiss

Primal Groudon (100/180/160/150/90/90) is the standard Primal Support set from Ubers, so I don't feel the need to go particularly in-depth with the set. It's on this team primarily because I wanted a bulky, reliable Rocks setter as opposed to a suicide lead or something of the like as I'm using a Defogger as my hazard remover rather than a Rapid Spinner. Besides that, its Lava Plume is my main way around Doublade other than Rhydon and Thunder Wave is useful for speed control as it reduces Rhydon's burden when it has to set up against faster foes.

Arceus (120/120/120/120/120/120) is also a standard set from Ubers, in this case the Extreme Killer set for Arceus-Normal. Like with Groudon, the reason it's here is fairly simple; I wanted a revenge-killer that can deal with fast sweepers like Xerneas as well as having a countermeasure against opposing priority moves that need to be eliminated for Gligar to attempt a sweep later-game. Since the set is standard and its role is fairly apparent, I won't say more than that.

Ok I'm back and I have quite a lot of stuff to say:
going to post a balance team that I've worked on now and then since the Ubers unban, I'm still tweaking it every now and then though so feel free to make some suggestions as to how to improve it:

Gyarados (Gligar)
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Roost

Escavalier (Scyther) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Volt Switch

Beedrill (Rhydon) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Focus Energy
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Agility

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Gligar -> Gyarados (140/190/129/80/145/86) is my main wincon in addition to forming a part of my defensive core. Stellar 140/129/145 defensive stats coupled with Intimidate and a solid defensive typing in Ground/Flying grants Gligar many opportunities to set up, and a lack of power isn't an issue either as base 190 Attack equates to over 400 uninvested even before a boost. That's not to say it doesn't need support, though; while it's decently hard to revenge-kill owing to its good bulk, it's 4x weak to the decently common Ice Shard which means any users of that move need to be eliminated before attempting a sweep. It's also walled by the extremely common Doublade -> Dragonite, not even being able to 2HKO it at +6 unless Multiscale is already broken. The EV spread could (and should) be improved, but I'm not sure how much HP investment to run on a Pokémon with 140 base HP so feel free to make suggestions for a better spread.

Scyther -> Escavalier (90/170/140/75/140/65) is the second member of my defensive core in addition to forming part of a VoltTurn core and filling the role of hazard remover. Offensive Scyther has been getting a lot of attention here, and for good reason, but I believe it has some defensive merit as well. The Special Defense EVs are set in order to always be able to survive a Moonblast + Focus Blast from +2 Xerneas from 87.5% HP and put it into safe revenge-killing range from Arceus' Extreme Speed using Iron Head; the rest go into physical Defense so as to be a little more resilient to physical attacks. U-turn combined with minimum Speed allows Scyther to give a free switch-in to one of its allies, particularly Rhydon which really needs the support to get in.

Chinchou -> Milotic (150/83/97/146/126/68) is the final member of my defensive core in addition to forming part of a VoltTurn core with Scyther. This is only a slight variation of the set posted in the Sample Sets section of the OP so I don't think there's much I need to explain about it, but I will note that I decided to go with a physically defensive set rather than a specially defensive set as Gligar and Scyther already have heavy investment in Special Defense (though they can hold their own against physical attacks as well) and Chinchou's resistances to strong physical types like Fire are quite useful for a physical wall, and I'm running Heal Bell over Toxic so as to ensure that my team, but Gligar, Groudon, and Arceus in particular, can't be crippled by status.

Rhydon -> Beedrill (125/195/110/65/100/80) is my primary wallbreaker. Essentially, this is my way around Unaware 'mons; Focus Energy is a form of boosting that isn't based around normal stat stages in addition to negating Rhydon's own negative stat stages, meaning that it can't be halted by the likes of Intimidate and is in general very hard for slower teams to handle. Agility doesn't really help in the process of stallbreaking, but is included so Rhydon can hold its own against offense as well if need be (and neither Rhydon nor Beedrill get Taunt anyway, lol). I could go on and on about how much raw power this thing has, but instead, I'm going to calc against every member of sin(pi)'s stall team like I said I would, now that I know his EV spreads:

252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Multiscale Doublade on a critical hit: 205-241 (53.6 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Doublade on a critical hit: 409-482 (107 - 126.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (this is with broken Multiscale)
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 224+ Def Gligar on a critical hit: 441-521 (91.3 - 107.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 224+ Def Gligar on a critical hit: 441-521 (91.3 - 107.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Munchlax on a critical hit: 616-727 (111.1 - 131.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Drill Run vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Munchlax on a critical hit: 493-581 (88.9 - 104.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Drill Run vs. 252 HP / 40 Def Slowpoke on a critical hit: 456-538 (110.1 - 129.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Stone Edge obviously KOs as well)
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Spritzee on a critical hit: 468-552 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Spritzee on a critical hit: 468-552 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Marvel Scale Spritzee on a critical hit: 312-368 (61.1 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence on a critical hit: 1146-1349 (326.4 - 384.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (you're slower unboosted and get 2HKO'd by Earthquake, though)

This thing does have flaws as a breaker, though; it's not that bulky and has a lot of weaknesses so it has a bit of trouble setting up even against stall, it can't OHKO very many stallmons unboosted, and lolstonemiss

Primal Groudon (100/180/160/150/90/90) is the standard Primal Support set from Ubers, so I don't feel the need to go particularly in-depth with the set. It's on this team primarily because I wanted a bulky, reliable Rocks setter as opposed to a suicide lead or something of the like as I'm using a Defogger as my hazard remover rather than a Rapid Spinner. Besides that, its Lava Plume is my main way around Doublade other than Rhydon and Thunder Wave is useful for speed control as it reduces Rhydon's burden when it has to set up against faster foes.

Arceus (120/120/120/120/120/120) is also a standard set from Ubers, in this case the Extreme Killer set for Arceus-Normal. Like with Groudon, the reason it's here is fairly simple; I wanted a revenge-killer that can deal with fast sweepers like Xerneas as well as having a countermeasure against opposing priority moves that need to be eliminated for Gligar to attempt a sweep later-game. Since the set is standard and its role is fairly apparent, I won't say more than that.
I'll add this squad to the OP, thanks! I love how it features some unique choices such as offensive Gligar and defensive Scyther. Shame you had to use Primal Groudon as Gligar is already fulfilling an offensive role.

I'll slash Heal Bell on Chinchou on the sample sets section.

Also, some of my recent tests:

40/55/65/135/85/160
Jolteon (Staryu) @ Air Balloon / Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
I always find myself having trouble to find hazard removers for my teams. Most Staryu builds tend to be bad, but I found this little gem. Staryu x Jolteon is blazing fast, outspeeding even Sneasel and Deoxys-A, some of the fastest threats in Cross Evolution, as well as some +1 Pokémon such as +1 Gligar x Gyarados. A new Electric typing is also nice, STAB Thunderbolt + Ice Beam is very good coverage and you can afford to inherit STAB Volt Switch from Jolteon. Rapid Spin is self-explanatory.
I run Air Balloon on this set because I use it on a very Ground-weak team (and I hate LO Rapid Spin), but it has some cool uses as well, such as laughing at mono-attacking Gligars and avoiding Spikes and Toxic Spikes effects for an easier removal. Life Orb is probably better for the extra power, even though that 135 Special Attack is not enough to break walls (Staryu x Jolteon notably can beat Doublade x Dragonite though). Shuca Berry is pointless as with 40/65/85 you'll need a Zoom Lens to even see its defenses. Volt Absorb is the best ability for an Electric immunity (and blocking Volt Switches!), Quick Feet is just overkill.
The 160 base Speed coupled with good coverage and that nice-but-not-impressive Special Attack can give offense headaches but watch out for priority as Staryu is OHKOed by (almost) everything.

90/75/105/100/100/20
Sylveon (Pineco) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Rapid Spin
- Wish
- Protect
Looks better on paper than it is on practice. It has well-rounded but slightly below-average stats and horrible 4MSS as it really wishes it could fit moves such as Stealth Rock, Toxic or Explosion on its set. Plus, as a hazard remover, it is prone to all forms of entry hazards (well, it couldn't care less about Sticky Web...).
It's not all that bad though. Pineco x Sylveon has a niche in unblockable Pixilate Rapid Spin. The new mono-Fairy typing is also really good. Much like Clefable in OU, its bulk is not impressive but when invested in either side it can take hits quite nicely unless they come from a really strong attacker. Pixilate Hyper Voice also hits surprisingly hard for a wall.
Not the best pick out there but it has a spot on certain teams.

Exeggutor (Litleo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Solar Beam
- Psychic / Dark Pulse

Leafeon (Larvesta) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Leaf Blade
- Return / Wild Charge
- Swords Dance / Knock Off

Weather (sun) is... underwhelming. In OU, Choiced weather-boosted STAB attacks can 2HKO even bulky resists (252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 232 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur in Rain: 153-180 (42.6 - 50.1%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock), but in Cross Evolution, you barely 2HKO neutrally hit walls. The Speed boosts still make the archetype quite horrifying to offense... or not, because sun sweepers are awfully weak to priority, and with Sneasel and Arceus being common choices on offensive teams, this is a bad thing. Plus, since this teams are really offensvie and Speed-reliant, they will have problems with Honedge aka HO destroyer.
Litleo is the best pick for specially offensive Fire-typed Chrolophyll. Went with Exeggutor for the huge boosts, and at least gives some Speed, unlike Sunflora. Straightforward set, coverage is only OK but anyway you just spam Fire Blast.
Cross-evolving with Leafeon is pretty cool on sun teams, as it gives a primary Grass-type which really helps with Ground-types (and Rock-types to an extent) that usually trouble the Fire-type spam. Larvesta is probably the best foundation because of Fire STAB, unlike Ponyta, despite the much higher stats (equal Attack tho). Again, coverage is only OK due to the barren movepool of both the foundation and the evolution, problem shared with a lot of sun sweepers. I still haven't used Swords Dance due to sun turns being precious and most of the time you're better spamming boosted Flare Blitzs. Flare Blitz is also the reason why I don't like LO on this set but I can't find a better item, I guess Choice Band can work if you forgo Swords Dance.

Two of the best pokemon for Cross Evolving are Gardevoir and Gallade, as they both provide huge stat increases, Fairy special coverage for Gardevoir and a Fighting typing for Gallade.

I want to talk about this thing:

80/90/125/150/100/100
Flygon (Magneton) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 SpA / 124 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
- Earth Power / Roost / Volt Switch
- Defog
You probably recognize it: it is one of the members of Angry2's team, which is one of the teams Abyssal Bot uses. I'll always remember it as "the set that walls my entire team, thank god it does not have recovery", and for good reason. With Levitate, Magneton has two weaknesses, eleven resistances and two immunities, one of them, Ground, is everywhere. Magneton also resists Stealth Rock and it's immune to both Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and can't be poisoned or paralyzed. All of this make it pretty difficult for a mon with no recovery... oh, it gets Roost from Flygon. Still defensive stats are nothing to write home about while that 150 base Special Attack stands out, so Magneton is best played as a tank rather than a dedicated wall, as it relies on typing more often than not to wall foes. The given EVs spread allow Magneton to avoid the 2HKO from +3 RestTalk Spritzee's Moonblast with Leftovers and no rocks factored in, and Magneton still retains decent power with it.
Always run dual STABs (with or without Volt Switch), Earth Power is for coverage and Roost is recovery, but is not needed most of the time. Defog is mandatory as Magneton is an excellent Defogger, and there aren't many hazard removal options in Cross Evolution.

Also, leaving 2 teams for the sample teams section.
Hariyama (Gligar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Knock Off

Chansey (Tentacool) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Soft-Boiled

Chesnaught (Dusclops) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Shadow Punch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Dragonite (Doublade) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Substitute
- Roar

Milotic (Spritzee) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Earthquake

Ok so the formula I used to build this team is a Stealth Rock, a Spikes and a Toxic Spikes setter, all of them 3 must have some other utility aside from setting hazards. I also need a Spikes abuser in teamslot 4, while teamslot 5 and 6 are either two cleaners or, in this case, a wallbreaker and a cleaner. On this 6 teamslots there must be a spinblocker and something that can take advantatge of Defog. While all of this might seem too hard to fit all in a team, Cross Evolution allows for extreme role compression, and it is definitely possible:
Gligar x Hariyama is the Stealth Rock setter and a good mixed wall in general. This was originally Gligar x Gyarados but at the end of the teambuilding process I found myself pretty weak to Magmar x Serperior, so Gligar x Hariyama can switch into an unboosted Magmar, take two Overheats with the help of Thick Fat, and OHKO with Earthquake.
Tentacool x Chansey is another wall, a Toxic Spikes setter and spinner. Tentacool's job is to wall and force out threats such as Klang x Gallade to gain opportunities to set up Toxic Spikes or Rapid Spin. Thanks to Natural Cure Tentacool can absorb status for the team as I have no cleric, but you can definitely run Serene Grace to make Scald even more broken. There are two things to note though: Tentacool tends to be set-up fodder, and if you are facing an offensive team or plan on Spikes shuffling with Doublade, then it's better to only set one layer of Toxic Spikes.
Dusclops x Chesnaught is the Spikes setter and spinblocker, while acting as a decent physical wall with no offensive presence. While Tentacool takes on special attackers, Dusclops takes on physical attackers thus forming a nice hazard stack and defensive core. Dusclops is also important for burning airbone Pokémon, especially Gligar, that are not bothered too much by hazards.
Doublade x Dragonite is the Spikes abuser while being the premier physical wall of the meta. I felt like scrapping Toxic because I already had Toxic Spikes, so I slapped Substitute in that moveslot and called it a day. Substitute pairs well with Multiscale, while it does break Multiscale, if you manage to get a Sub while at full health, the Sub will be so damn hard to break. Substitute also changes the way Doublade is played: force a switch, set a Sub while the opponent brings Magmar/Electabuzz/something, and Roar it out while it breaks the Sub, thus racking up quite a lot of hazard damage in the process. Or you can just spam Roar until the opposing team is in the range of being KOed by Salamence.
Spritzee x Milotic is not the conventional (and better) RestTalk set (credit to lightninging for this set) but a Specs set that attempts to nab a Competitive boost from the opponent's Defog to pump up its Special Attack to 1335 and proceeding to punch massive holes in the opponent's team. While it won't sweep by itself due to being extremely slow and not as bulky as the RestTalk set, it will definitely soften up teams for Salamence to sweep.
Mega Salamence is here to clean house after the opposing team has been weakened enough by hazards and maybe Spritzee. Not much to explain, standard set straight from Ubers. DD, then sweep.

Volcarona (Tangela) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance

Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Earthquake

Gyarados (Gligar) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- U-turn

Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Defog

Breloom (Sneasel) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Icicle Crash
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

So I wanted to build a team around QD Tangela x Volcarona. Went with LO + Energy Ball as this way you have an >70% chance to 2HKO standard Unaware Munchlax x Quagsire after Stealth Rock.
As Eevee General says, when in doubt, use FWG, and that's what I did. At first I had Magmar x Serperior as my Fire mon, but soon I realized how redundant it was with Tangela's Grass + Fire coverage. After thinking about Reshiram, I settled on Ho-Oh, which is as good as always, having great special bulk, attacking power, Regenerator and Sacred Fire. It also takes on opposing Tangela pretty nicely, watch out for Sleep Powder, but even with it it'll struggle to break Ho-Oh. Set comes straight from Ubers, you can drop the 12 Speed EVs tho as Diancie is unseen in Cross Evolution.
As a Water mon I went with standard specially defensive Chinchou, together with Gligar, they make some sort of SkarmBliss core (in the sense that Chinchou takes special attacks while Gligar takes physical ones) and a slow VoltTurn core, which is important to give Sneasel and Tangela free switches. Gligar also provides Stealth Rocks.
Added Magneton as a great bulky Defogger and tank (set is explained above) and Sneasel to check stuff like Magmar x Serperior and a lot of offensive mons under the 150 base Speed tier, while providing a strong all-out-attacker and priority.

On another note, I changed Klang's EVs spread in the OP from 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe to 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Speed. This EVs spread allows it to outspeed Deoxys-S and the entire unboosted metagame after a Shift Gear, and the extra bulk does make a difference, minimizing the chances of getting OHKOed by Sneasel's Mach Punch. With the old EVs spread, it had a 12.5% chance of getting OHKOed and a 31.3% chance of getting OHKOed after Stealth Rock. The new spread has a 6.3% and a 18.8% chance, respectively.

Also, balance seems to have risen to power again! Which do you think is the best playstyle in this metagame? Is stall as dominant as before?

Last edited:

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
I considered using Magneton on stall with a physically defensive set (to check Rhydon). My biggest problem was this:

252 Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Magneton on a critical hit: 201-238 (55.2 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(stats adjusted)

So instead I went to out old favourite Doublade for a more reliable answer which still has a fantastic typing (Levitate Doublade is still amazing in AAA). I'm on my phone so I don't recall the spread I used, but it's very similar to Dnite (same bulk gains with Levitate instead of Multiscale and less attack for more speed, and you get Roost/Defog). Stats are 89/140/180/75/79/65, Steel/Ghost typing.

I considered using Magneton on stall with a physically defensive set (to check Rhydon). My biggest problem was this:

252 Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Magneton on a critical hit: 201-238 (55.2 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(stats adjusted)

So instead I went to out old favourite Doublade for a more reliable answer which still has a fantastic typing (Levitate Doublade is still amazing in AAA). I'm on my phone so I don't recall the spread I used, but it's very similar to Dnite (same bulk gains with Levitate instead of Multiscale and less attack for more speed, and you get Roost/Defog). Stats are 89/140/180/75/79/65, Steel/Ghost typing.
Speaking of checking Rhydon, this is probably its hardest stop:

Escavalier (Tangela) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off / other filler
- Synthesis
(Stats: 85/115/175/120/100/20)

Shell Armor allows Tangela to negate Rhydon's crits, therefore drastically decreasing its damage output. The EVs are mostly for the intention of maximizing physical bulk, with the exception of the 40 Special Attack EVs which are there to ensure that Giga Drain OHKOs 0/4 Rhydon no matter what. The other moves are relatively self-explanatory, and they don't really help with the task of beating Rhydon because of the aforementioned Giga Drain OHKO combined with the fact that Drill Run only 3HKOs with Rocks up and Stone Edge can only manage a 5HKO.

252+ Atk Life Orb Rhydon Drill Run vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Tangela: 125-148 (33.4 - 39.5%) -- 81.7% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (calcing using Adamant because that's what I run, and the extra power from Adamant does actually make the difference with some KOs)
252+ Atk Life Orb Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Tangela: 78-92 (20.8 - 24.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
40 SpA Tangela Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rhydon: 396-468 (101.2 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

That said, this Tangela set doesn't really have much use outside of being the closest thing Rhydon has to a counter; it's not a bad physical wall in and of itself, but Doublade generally outdoes it as the latter is physically bulkier, has a better typing, and in the case of the Dragonite set Multiscale to make walling threats easier. The main reason I'm proposing it at all is because Rhydon can do this to Doublade -> Flygon:

252+ Atk Life Orb Sniper Rhydon Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Doublade on a critical hit: 168-199 (43.9 - 52%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (and it's a guaranteed 2HKO with anything less than a Defense stat of 443)

Even with that calc in mind, Doublade -> Flygon is probably your better option since (if you're running max physical bulk, anyway) it can just stall with Roost for a Stone Edge miss assuming you don't get very unlucky and is in general more all-purpose of a physical wall.

Last edited:
this is gonna be really short and hence kind of a shitpost, but don't forget abt arc forms as very viable defoggers. I could see stuff like waterceus, ghostceus, et al being solid hazard removal options.

this is gonna be really short and hence kind of a shitpost, but don't forget abt arc forms as very viable defoggers. I could see stuff like waterceus, ghostceus, et al being solid hazard removal options.
I agree. I think the main boons of other hazard control options are the potential to slow-pivot (particularly useful on balanced/bulky offense teams to allow a set-up sweeper more opportunities to set up, but can really be useful on any team), plus potentially having more bulk or a unique dual typing depending on what combinations you use as well as opening up the slot for another Arceus form, but if you're absolutely sure you don't want to use a more offensive-leaning Arceus form it's still very good as a supportive option (including hazard control).

I agree. I think the main boons of other hazard control options are the potential to slow-pivot (particularly useful on balanced/bulky offense teams to allow a set-up sweeper more opportunities to set up, but can really be useful on any team), plus potentially having more bulk or a unique dual typing depending on what combinations you use as well as opening up the slot for another Arceus form, but if you're absolutely sure you don't want to use a more offensive-leaning Arceus form it's still very good as a supportive option (including hazard control).
dsm was saying there was a lack of viable hazard removers...but arc can fill p much that and any other roll. idk I've had soccer and school and beach recently so I haven't been playing as much :(

dsm was saying there was a lack of viable hazard removers...but arc can fill p much that and any other roll. idk I've had soccer and school and beach recently so I haven't been playing as much :(
Waterceus is a bit outclassed by Finneon (unless you really need the extra Speed) which in turn it's outclassed by Chinchou (unless you need hazard removal). I am pretty sure, however, that some Arceus formes are not (Ghostceus looks interesting). You definitely don't want to fit support Arceus in an offensive team, so your options are limited to Staryu x Jolteon and... well, I guess you can take Giratina-O or something from Ubers, but I still have to test that.
I haven't played in a while, but a set I use is Electabuzz (Vivillon) or as I call it... Demon Zapdos.
100/113/47/158/105/165 with Compoundeyes and Quiver Dance.
Don't forget to run a Timid nature though! Abyssal Bot's one is Modest and thus it gets destroyed by Sneasel and the rare Deoxys-A at +0.

So I've been experimenting with Cross Evo stuff and came up with this:

Escavalier (Darumaka) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fire Punch
- Gyro Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

With stats of 90/150/105/35/105/10, the Fire/Steel-typing that makes Heatran so good, and Overcoat to prevent Spore and stuff, this can put in work. I'm using an offensive pivot set I guess? It could be other stuff (for example, there's SD), although Heatran with pivoting is pretty nice. Gyro Ball with a measly 22 (numerical value) Speed is almost always going to hit with maximum power. So yeah, feel free to provide opinions, questions about how I managed to win against Abysmal Abyssal Bot in that Cross Evo match I posted in the Silly Things thread, whatever. This also doesn't take any moves!

Last edited:
One cross evo breaks the bot: Onix + Gyarados. The AI thinks it still is weak to ground, this gives you time to use Rock Polish

Just going to drop this set here.
Slurpuff (Sneasel) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

New stats: 75/127/75/61/93/138

It may not hit the hardest compared to other Cross Evolutions, but it still hits really hard in comparison to other fusions after one Belly Drum, and absurd Speed after Unburden, so basically the only things that can outrun it are a few of the faster Scarfed mons. It's just about only walled by Munchlax Quagsire with Unaware.

+6 252+ Atk Sneasel (Slurpuff) Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tangela (Chansey): 860-1014 (135.6 - 159.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Sneasel (Slurpuff) Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Multiscale Doublade (Dragonite): 321-378 (84 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252+ Atk Sneasel Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chinchou: 501-591 (99.4 - 117.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Just going to drop this set here.
Slurpuff (Sneasel) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

New stats: 75/127/75/61/93/138

It may not hit the hardest compared to other Cross Evolutions, but it still hits really hard in comparison to other fusions after one Belly Drum, and absurd Speed after Unburden, so basically the only things that can outrun it are a few of the faster Scarfed mons. It's just about only walled by Munchlax Quagsire with Unaware.

+6 252+ Atk Sneasel (Slurpuff) Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tangela (Chansey): 860-1014 (135.6 - 159.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Sneasel (Slurpuff) Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Multiscale Doublade (Dragonite): 321-378 (84 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 252+ Atk Sneasel Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chinchou: 501-591 (99.4 - 117.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
the problem I see with this set is that it gets annihilated by Mach Punch which is relatively common as far as priority moves in Cross Evolution go, and it doesn't like the prevalence of other priority moves like Extreme Speed either. not to mention that 75/75/93 bulk with a Dark/Ice typing isn't exactly conducive to setting up with a move like Belly Drum... Also, you don't need anywhere near that high of a Speed stat, lol. With those EVs Sneasel hits a Speed stat of 375, which is 750 after Unburden... The only Pokémon with the ability to outspeed that with a Scarf have a base Speed of 179 or higher, and why is anything that fast running a Scarf to begin with?

if you do still want to use a Belly Drum sweeper, though, I used this set before the Ubers unban. Mind testing for me to see if it's still effective?

(Stats: 150/170/58/40/160/57)
Hitmonlee (Munchlax) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Return
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Here's another thing:

Hitmontop (Phanpy) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

(Stats: 105/120/120/40/115/75) (The above is the set I'm using currently, feel free to make suggestions)

A Rocks setter and a Spinner. You've got nice bulk with Intimidate, and 120 base Attack is alright even if you aren't investing. I guess what I'm doing with the EVs is trying to get the best mixed bulk I can. Not a lot to say about this one, to be honest (although maybe that's because I just can't think of anything at the moment).

Here's another thing:

Hitmontop (Phanpy) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

(Stats: 105/120/120/40/115/75) (The above is the set I'm using currently, feel free to make suggestions)

A Rocks setter and a Spinner. You've got nice bulk with Intimidate, and 120 base Attack is alright even if you aren't investing. I guess what I'm doing with the EVs is trying to get the best mixed bulk I can. Not a lot to say about this one, to be honest (although maybe that's because I just can't think of anything at the moment).
This is a nice set, but one thing that's bothering me is Phanpy's lack of access to reliable recovery, meaning that it's prone to being worn down fairly easily over the course of a match. Thankfully there exists a first-stage Ground-type with reliable recovery, Hippopotas, which allows you to avoid deviating from this set's concept too much while still being able to heal off some damage.

(Base stats: 83/132/138/38/117/67)
Hitmontop (Hippopotas) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD (copied your EV spread as I couldn't think of a better one on the fly)
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge / Toxic / Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Slack Off

Not too much to say about this one since it's essentially a variation on your set, but two important things to note are that due to Hippopotas' lower HP, with this spread it doesn't take special hits as well and is only slightly better in terms of physical hits, and it doesn't get Knock Off meaning you're lacking in the ability to remove items plus a reliable chip damage move. Its Earthquakes (and Rock Slide/Stone Edge if you choose to use those) do hit slightly harder by virtue of 12 extra base Attack points, though.

edit: somehow forgot about Gligar while writing this, which not only has reliable recovery right off the bat but pivoting and Knock Off as well. you take a Flying-type in the process, but that's generally beneficial I think aside from the increased Ice weakness due to the extra resistances, like Fighting, that Flying provides. Gligar does have a bit more 4MSS than either Phanpy or Hippopotas as well, and you might want to use another evolution on Gligar instead depending on how your team is structured.

Last edited:
I've been recently testing lots of new (and not-so-new) sets, and here you have my opninions on them. Hidden because of HUGE length.

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Tail

Why using Mega Lucario when you can just go with Sneasel? Actually Lucario is much more powerful, functioning more like a wallbreaker in Cross Evolution (really it does 2HKO most walls with CC). The possibility of Nasty Plot is another bonus, even though I haven't tested special sets. Mega Lucario is slow for a wallbreaker in Cross Evolution and it is frail, but it has a nice defensive typing. Iron Tail can be easily replaced with a coverage move, not sure with what.

Gorebyss (Omanyte) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Scald

Swift Swim sweeper ala Kingdra for rain teams. As bad as sun sweepers are. Also, rain sweepers are slow af. Mediocre but viable.

Beartic (Krabby) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash

Physical counterpart to the above set. Credits to FALCOWNPAUNCH! for this one. Much better than Omanyte imo.

Kyogre @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Scald
- Roar
- Toxic

And your rain setter. The set in itself is pretty good, but outclassed to hell and back by Chinchou and Milotic, outside of rain teams.

Kingdra (Rhydon) @ Scope Lens
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run / Earthquake
- Outrage
- Ice Punch
- Focus Energy

Very similar to the Beedrill set, but bulkier, slower and with a better typing. It is less powerful but most of the time it doesn't matter much. This set also has room for Ice Punch to OHKO Gligar. Drill Run for autocrits without using Focus Energy, but EQ is better after getting pumped.

Breloom (Diglett) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
- Swords Dance / Leech Seed
- Earthquake

FALCOWNPAUNCH! used this set with Sandile, but Diglett is faster. That ridiculously low HP only makes Drain Punch and Leech Seed better allowing you to Sub indefinitely until you run out of PP. It is not that powerful, although boosted attacks can hurt anything but dedicated physical walls. This set has trouble with Flying-types, so take that in account when building. I'd probably stick with the listed moves (SD being better than Leech Seed) but you can fit either Mach Punch or Sucker Punch somewhere.

Barbaracle (Mienfoo) @ Focus Sash / White Herb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Barbaracle's Shell Smash shenanigans had been dicussed in this thread before. I chose Mienfoo because it is the best Fighting-type able to cross-evolve with Barbaracle. Since it's a Fighting-type, Unaware Munchlax can't come in to ruin your sweep. Tough Claws HJK is insanely strong, I guess you could run Drain Punch if you're terribly afraid of missing. Stone Edge and Tough Claws-boosted Knock Off are coverage options, but I accept suggestions if you feel something better can replace Stone Edge. Mienfoo is just bulky enough to avoid the OHKO from everything but the strongest attackers (provided they can't hit it super-effectively), thus White Herb is an option, but Focus Sash ensures you'll be able to set-up unless hazards are up.

Umbreon (Nosepass) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell / Foul Play
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock / Taunt
- Volt Switch / Hidden Power Dark

Ladies and gentlemen, the most passive thing ever. It's not that bulky as it looks (being generally outdone by Chansey's shenanigans) due to a mediocre base HP stat, but still it is a good mixed wall. Moonlight is a must (8PP sucks tho), from there you can inherit Foul Play (to have any hope at doing real damage) or Heal Bell. It can pivot with Volt Switch, Taunt or set hazards as well. As I said, Chansey's cross-evolutions outclass it, this is why this thing only fits on full stall teams that already have another Chansey cross-evolution.

Nidoking (Electabuzz) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Pretty much like the forgotten Magmar x Nidoking, but faster. You rely on its huge movepool to wallbreak though, as it is unlikely to 2HKO walls without a super-effective move. It's speed tier is awkward, outspeeding any wall and almost all wallbreakers but being slower than the average sweeper.

Milotic (Baltoy) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Earth Power / Psychic
- Toxic

Nice if you don't want to overload your team with Water-types, go with Finneon or even Chinchou otherwise. The defensive typing is mediocre, the Fighting resist is very good but Knock Off is a thing on them so rip. It can actually take Scalds nicely despite the Water weakness, avoiding the 2HKO after burn damage and triggering Marvel Scale, but I wouldn't use it as the main Scald switch-in.

Vivillon (Seadra) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Blizzard

All credit should go to OriolesFan52 for this one. Pretty good, arguably better than Demon Zapdos (Electabuzz x Vivillon), but Chinchou is a real bitch when using it. Start preparing for this thing, or get 6-0ed.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Falls flat against any wall, but still gains momentum as well as ever and can be threatening vs. offensive teams, which cannot take many hits from it. Decent, but definitely not top-tier.

Cloyster (Ponyta) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Fire Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Low Kick

Again FALCOWNPAUNCH! should take credit for this one. Cannot set-up at all without a Sash so don't run Flare Blitz. Fire/Ice is an interesting typing and STAB combo and one of the main points of the set. Eliminate Fire-types, Ditto and Munchlax before attempting to sweep. Decent, not great.

+

I end up with a good offensive core consisting of a Fighting-type (usually Sneasel x Breloom) paired with Magmar x Serperior. It is a simple case of two Pokémon beating its checks and counters for each other. The Fighting-type can bop Munchlax (and Gligar if you use Sneasel with Ice coverage) for Magmar to sweep later. In return, Magmar kills Doublade and can 1v1 Spritzee if needed.

The following Pokémon sets failed their tests and shouldn't be used.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Why it is bad: Hoopa-U simply does not hit hard enough (don't tell this to an OU player). It cannot even 2HKO Scyther x Escavalier (a special wall) with a full-powered Hyperspace Fury (it's strongest physical move), and it is slow, very frail physically, and has a horrible defensive typing with a nasty x4 Bug weakness that makes the common U-turn a nightmare.

Mothim (Cacnea) @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Energy Ball
- Air Slash
- Drain Punch
- Tailwind / Quiver Dance

Why it is bad: This thing has one of the, if not the best mixed attacking stats of all cross-evolutions. With Tinted Lens to boot, what can go wrong? Similarly to Hoopa-U, you don't hit hard enough. When cross-evolving, it is better to just focus on one attacking stat, while Cacnea has dual 150 attacking stats (the same as, for example, Deoxys-N or regular Rayquaza), they're not enough to overcome its terrible Weavile syndrome*. Air Slash is about the best you get for Flying STAB, Grass/Flying is a horrible typing in the first place, and you're slow and frail with horrible offensive movepool (not even STAB on Sucker Punch). If you force a switch you can use Tailwind to remedy your Speed issues, but still your mediocre power will prevent you from wallbreaking, which is what Cacnea was meant for. As for reference, it cannot 2HKO Munchlax x Quagsire with a super-effective Drain Punch, no matter how much you invest in Attack.

*Weavile syndrome: a Pokémon that suffers from Weavile syndrome has great attacking stats or just great Attack or Special Attack but it is held back by its low BP moves that it is forced to run, much like Weavile in DPP.

Here's something for if you're using Gyarados on something else (haven't tested this though):

Amoonguss (Scyther) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spore
- U-turn
- Roost
- Knock Off/filler (I'm terrible with sets lol)

(Stats: 115/140/105/85/105/120)

The idea with this one was Regenerator + U-turn. You incapacitate your opponents with Spore, Roost provides recovery, and then filler I guess. There's other ways this could be run, too. Off the top of my head, there's Spore + SD, a more offensive pivot set, maybe Assault Vest? I don't know, really. So yeah, just thought I'd throw this out there. As always, feel free to provide your thoughts/opinions.

EDIT: For dsm's Darumaka x Whimsicott, it sadly can't get Synthesis ):

Last edited:

Kingdra (Rhydon) @ Scope Lens
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run / Earthquake
- Outrage
- Ice Punch
- Focus Energy

Very similar to the Beedrill set, but bulkier, slower and with a better typing. It is less powerful but most of the time it doesn't matter much. This set also has room for Ice Punch to OHKO Gligar. Drill Run for autocrits without using Focus Energy, but EQ is better after getting pumped.
bit of a nitpick, but Drill Run doesn't actually autocrit with Scope Lens before a Focus Energy (it's a 50% chance, which is decent but not technically in your favor), so Earthquake will always be better on Scope Lens sets. Rhydon x Kingdra seems to me like it's only on the fringe of viability given Rhydon x Beedrill's existence, at any rate; Kingdra does indeed give better bulk and a generally superior defensive typing, but said defensive improvement also means you lose out on STAB on Stone Edge as well as a significant amount of speed and power (the latter of which is mostly only relevant against really bulky stallmons, but still relevant nonetheless). In addition, having to rely on Outrage for Dragon STAB seems rather mediocre because most stall teams (which Rhydon is usually used to break) carry Spritzee.

Here's something for if you're using Gyarados on something else (haven't tested this though):

Amoonguss (Scyther) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spore
- U-turn
- Roost
- Knock Off/filler (I'm terrible with sets lol)

(Stats: 115/140/105/85/105/120)

The idea with this one was Regenerator + U-turn. You incapacitate your opponents with Spore, Roost provides recovery, and then filler I guess. There's other ways this could be run, too. Off the top of my head, there's Spore + SD, a more offensive pivot set, maybe Assault Vest? I don't know, really. So yeah, just thought I'd throw this out there. As always, feel free to provide your thoughts/opinions.
The set itself is solid, but Bug/Flying is a terrible defensive typing particularly for a pivot, so Scyther doesn't have much defensive utility unless you manage to change its type. Gligar (110/105/130/65/90/100), though slower, less bulky specially, and weaker, is capable of running this exact set with a better defensive typing and more physical bulk.

Last edited:

Nidoking (Electabuzz) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Pretty much like the forgotten Magmar x Nidoking, but faster. You rely on its huge movepool to wallbreak though, as it is unlikely to 2HKO walls without a super-effective move. It's speed tier is awkward, outspeeding any wall and almost all wallbreakers but being slower than the average sweeper.
Forget this thing, here you have the straight upgrade:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-crossevolution-25373

Greninja (Electabuzz) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty / Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Cross Chop / Low Kick / Focus Blast / Psychic / Fire Punch
- Surf / Hydro Pump / Spikes / Dark Pulse / Rock Slide / Toxic Spikes / Water Shuriken

BoltBeam and basically everything you want. Keep in mid illegalities between moves (by following the above set you shouldn't have legality issues). It's neutral damage output is low, but just like the regular Greninja, it can hit just about everything for super-effective damage. Having such a wide array of options, Electabuzz x Greninja can pretty much pick its checks and counters (probably it has 1-2 hard stops tho).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-crossevolution-25496 (That was a different set)

Reuniclus (Golbat) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator/Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD/4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
- U-turn

Stats: 120/105/95/65/100/90

This set is can be used as a bulky pivot/support it has a great typing
What about...

Reuniclus (Golbat) @ Assault Vest
Impish Nature
- Super Fang
- U-turn
- Poison Fang / Knock Off
- Brave Bird / Night Shade

RegenVest variant of the set above. Golbat has a small movepool but it is actually full of random moves that work well on Assault Vest sets. I didn't even take moves from Reuniclus. Yes, that's Poison Fang. The move is most of the time useless on competitive play, but with it, Golbat can badly poison foes much like Toxic does, something that an AV user wouldn't be able to do without Poison Fang. U-turn is mandatory and allows Golbat to be a great pivot, gaining momentum while regaining health. Super Fang is a pretty cool move that lets Golbat weaken it's counters really quickly if they don't have recovery. It is also useful to chip at walls, followed by a U-turn to revenge kill it if said wall didn't choose to recover. Brave Bird is your best bet for STAB, recoil really sucks, but Golbat doesn't have any good physical STAB while having paltry 65 Special Attack.
Fun doesn't end there, though. Reuniclus has a surprisingly wide array of physical moves (you wouldn't expect it to get more physical moves than special ones, but it does) including the elemental punches, Drain Punch for recovery, and Knock Off; as well as Night Shade for consistent damage on the opponent.

Notable partners
+

Impish Nature
- Super Fang
- U-turn

Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Defog

Golbat + Magneton form a nice VoltTurn core. Magneton can Defog for Golbat, which dislikes Stealth Rocks due to a Rock weakness, and take Ice, Electric, Rock and Psychic attacks aimed at it, since it resists all of Golbat's weaknesses. Meanwhile, Golbat can take Fighting attacks that attempt to take down Magneton. Only strong Fire-types pose a problem to this core.

+

Impish Nature
- Super Fang
- U-turn

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

The idea here is Golbat luring its checks and counters, and U-turning to Ditto to revenge kill them. The two can take down bulky foes such as Ho-Oh by using Super Fang on the switch, taking the next hit and U-turning to Ditto, which then revenge kills it. This strategy works better for Golbat's offensive answers such as Sneasel, which can be U-turned on the switch, then going straight to Ditto to scare it off or getting OHKOed by its own Mach Punch. If keep switching in and out, Golbat's repeated U-turns and potential hazard damage can weaken Sneasel to the point it cannot manually switch into Golbat anymore. Such strategy is especially effective against Magmar, since then the opponent risks having its whole team counter-swept, but also works with other Golbat answers such as the aforementioned Sneasel, Electabuzz, weather sweepers, Staryu, Archen, etc.
As a bonus, Ditto also prevents the opponent from using Golbat as a set-up fodder.

So, here's a recent test:

Poliwrath (Shelgon) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break
- Poison Jab

Stats: 90/125/130/80/90/30

The idea for this one is pretty simple. Come in on something that can't threaten you (such as Water-types lacking Ice Beam) and boost up with Power-Up Punch from there. Not much else to say, really; the set itself is pretty self-explanatory. Water Absorb is chosen both because it gives healing and because weather teams are practically non-existent. Dragon/Fighting is a cool defensive typing, and it's a pretty good offensive typing. Fairies wall your STABs, but you have Poison Jab. Feel free to provide thoughts/opinions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)