Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Facade
- King's Shield
- Wish
- U-turn

I thought of Smash Groudon during the seasonals when I was facing a loser. It was built to cteam his MMY-Yveltal-PDon team since the defensive core is made up of two Dragon-types and a Steel. Overall, it’s pretty good, only really checked Flash Fire steels (which are crippled by Taunt), Slowbro-Mega if Ice Beam (also crippled by Taunt), and Shedinja. It’s also a strong hazard setter because it forces out any Magic Bouncer.
Primordial Sea Magearna was chosen as the improof, over Flash Fire because with Primordial Sea it can do big damage to Chansey using Scald while also being improofed by Groudon. Boosted Scald is helpful to chip too.
Wish PH Slaking was a set I thought of when trying out Tough Claws Diancie (which I don’t really recommend), but here it works pretty well. Wish + King’s Shield allows it to take on most physical attackers and also scout choiced wallbreakers in general, while a fairly slow U-Turn helps pivot a Wish into Groudon.

:sm/magearna: :sm/xerneas:
bro its cbt you know what cbt is
THE CRUSHER (Magearna) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Worry Seed
- Slack Off
- U-turn
improof: itself, MBounce mons

hit the sack (Xerneas) @ Groundium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Thunder / Strength Sap
- Quiver Dance
improof: itself (if it's poisoned and Imposter is not), Ho-Oh or Venusaur-Mega if Imposter is poisoned or yours is not

I had already built a self-poison team before, inspired by some rando who used it to make a PP stalling Shuckle. However, only recently did I realize the potential of non-Toxic Orb PH mons.
Magic Bounce Magearna is a pretty passive mon, so it can easily be taken advantage of by Imposter and opposing Magic Bounce mons. Which is the trick: I want Toxic Spikes on my side.
PH Z-Move Xerneas is the meta guys. Watch as you QD on the Prankster Registeel and then OHKO it when it tries to Encore you. In case Imposter got cheeky and poisoned itself, I improofed Xerneas with FF Venusaur, which doubles as the Toxic Spikes remover once Xerneas is poisoned.

Here are the other individual sets I thought up (roughly sorted in terms of consistency and splashability):

:sm/ho-oh:1573447140237.png
FUCK IT, NOTHING (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Anchor Shot / Defog / Spectral Thief / Ice Beam
- High Jump Kick / Defog / Spectral Thief / Ice Beam
Improof: itself if Anchor Shot, any physically fat mon if not
MG Offensive Ho-Oh is so easy to fit on a team, you just slap it on when you need a Diancie-Mega or Xerneas check but don’t want some passive mon like MB Ho-oh. Watch as Tyranitar switches in and fucking dies to HJK. Ice Beam hits Zygarde-Complete but it’s an unmove you shouldn’t use it

:sm/mewtwo-mega-y:
1573447198391.png

WEREWOLF EGG (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Focus Energy
- Psycho Boost
- Fleur Cannon
- Close Combat
Improof: Shedinja, I used Regenvest Lugia
Sniper MMY is basically CHAD FOCUS ENERGY but it doesn’t have to worry about random burns from Beak Blast. You might think Aegislash walls this set but Psycho Boost 2HKOs so that’s pretty cool. The downside of using MMY is that you do notably less damage with Close Combat, though (Overheat gets walled by FF Steels).

:sm/zekrom:
Axьxyдo (Zekrom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Rush
- Bolt Strike
- Icicle Crash
- Sacred Fire / Gunk Shot / Swords Dance / Leech Seed
Improof: Shedinja, Steelix-Mega, FC mons
SF Zekrom is really powerful, you get pretty much the same OHKOs and 2HKOs from TC but the opponent can’t just check you with prediction. Dragon Rush misses kinda suck though. Last slot is pretty open: Sacred Fire beats the occasional Ferrothorn and Steelix-Mega, Gunk Shot OHKOs Audino-Mega without being crapped on by shield moves, Swords Dance makes you actually OHKO everything, haven’t tried Leech Seed yet but it sounds promising (KOs Shedinja, heals you and chips bulkier mons, plus you beat all MBouncers and MGuards anyway).

:sm/zekrom: :sm/garchomp-mega:
1573447357464.png

aight who shit myself (Zekrom / Garchomp-Mega) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike / Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Hammer
- Mirror Coat
- Will-o-Wisp / Spikes / Spiky Shield / Dragon Tail / Shift Gear
Improof: MBounce mon if not Shift Gear; something else if Shift Gear
PH Dragon-types with Mirror Coat are pretty cool. I got the idea from one of SL’s teams with PH Rayquaza, and Zekrom/Garchomp work pretty well too: watch as Giratina tries to use Core Enforcer on you but you live a hit and then OHKO back. One downside to this set is that you’re already kind of strapped for moveslots, so you inevitably give up something useful like Will-o-Wisp or hazards. Spiky Shield scouts the Core Enforcer, Dragon Tail is cool cause you bait the opponent into thinking you're using it while actually using Mirror Coat (thanks Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) for that idea), and Shift Gear is just kinda there for some reason.

:sm/kartana: :sm/yveltal:
Corrosion Twineedle mons are real crunchy but are really helpful at supporting wallbreakers that have trouble with Steel-types or Merciless mons.

33D2CD5A-3478-48CD-8183-8C37B673271A.jpeg

man i love fishing (Kartana) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Corrosion
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Twineedle
- Recover
- Sunsteel Strike / Low Kick / Entrainment
Improof: MG mons, PH mons like Giratina
Kartana is good at dealing with PH mons because it KOs Kyogre and I’m pretty sure it 2HKOs Regigigas with Power Whip into Z-Power Whip. You could use CC/Low Kick to beat Regigigas easier but then you scare away the Steels so that’s unfortunate.

1573447459761.png

Golira (Yveltal) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Corrosion
Sassy Nature
- Twineedle
- Pursuit
- Revelation Dance
- Roost
Improof: MG mons, PH mons like Xerneas
Yveltal seems like a weird choice until you realize that you always switch Steels into it for some reason. It also works as a good Gengar-Mega check and Pursuit trapper so cool role compression. Be sure to pack a PH check with this mon.

:sm/pinsir-mega:
1573447689310.jpeg

Darryl (Pinsir-Mega) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Dragon Ascent
- Close Combat
- Icicle Crash
Improof: FC mons like NDM, Shedinja
Gale Wings Pinsir-Mega is freaking epic. You know why? It outspeeds Prankster Giratina and OHKOs it with Z-Dragon Ascent. On another note, it dodges a lot of Prankster Encores using its Z-move so that’s neat as well. You need to pair it with a wishpasser though (make a wish foundation works well here).

:sm/gengar-mega: bro you know what a vibe check is
VIBE CHECK (Gengar-Mega) @ Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Water Spout
- Secret Sword / Tail Glow
- Sludge Wave / Tail Glow
Improof: Regenvest mons like Kyogre-Primal
Swift Swim Gengar-Mega is, frankly, kinda dumb (in a bad way). I was thinking that Rain essentially gives it STAB so you can lure in stuff like TTar when you reveal Moongeist Beam and KO it with Water Spout. I was also considering fitting Tail Glow somewhere but then you have to use some wack improof like Dry Skin TTar (since +3 Moongeist Beam does 43 minimum to Regenvest Kyogre).

:sm/xurkitree:
*whack* SWEET HOME ALABA MA (Xurkitree) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Prankster
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Nature Power
- Ice Beam
- Secret Sword
Improof: Shedinja, Dark types like Muk-Alola
Prankster Z-Nature Power Xurkitree OHKOs Registeel at +3 in Electric Terrain. That’s all it does, you probably shouldn’t use it.

so uh
yeah
wow this post if you liked the dumb memes

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
First Post of Generation 8 belongs to me!

The Dynamaxer:

Darmanitan-Zen-Galar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Pyro Ball
- Flail
- Bolt Beak
- Shell Smash

Shell to ensure you rely on Focus Sash due to min bulk, then Dynamax with Pyro Ball to set the Sun, Bolt Beak to handle Water/Fire types that resist STAB (and set Electric Terrain). and Flail to gain 240 base Power Ice moves before STAB.

Evidence of Flail power staying above 150 (until they correct in simulator):

evidence.png

The best part? Flail, since its originally a Normal move, lower's the foe's Speed, and doesn't cast Hail, so you can use the Dynamax move if you need to, and not compromise your Sun sweep. Dynamax power is a match to Flail itself. Further, it can be useful if the foe pack's Focus Sash and tries to set-up on your Flail. Since you lower their Speed, you are still going to be faster.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmonsbeta-1010931383

4 HP EVs explained: Speaking of Hazards, its 50% weakness to Stealth Rock can be an asset. If you manage to slow pivot it in 2x on Stealth Rocks, you can let it survive at 1 HP, which means that Flail is at full power, no Dynamax needed.

+Spe Nature, to outspeed Adamant Cover Legendaries.

Tyranitar @ Metronome / White Herb
Ability: Simple
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sunsteel Strike
- Power Trip
- Clangorous Soul / Shell Smash

That guy that takes 1 turn to set-up and has 220 or 240 base power Power Trip. Metronome is for your damage output growing 20% each turn. 1-turn set-up. Also, Drain Punch, if Dynamaxed, gives you +Atk each hit, which actually stacks for Power Trip. Dynamax is mainly as a last resort, like if you took too much damage after using Clangorous Soul, but its another fringe benefit of using a +Atk boost.

Zacian-Crowned @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Spore
- Belly Drum
- Power Trip

Bulky, Fast, and powerful enough to pull it off. Speed Boost is for Imposter (if they slow pivot it in on my Belly Drum, I get the boost, not them), and for Power Trip.

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
shoutouts at the end if you dont know why you were tagged here

POST THIS HUMAN (Diancie) @ Wiki Berry / Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Head Smash
- Light of Ruin
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

no one uses bounce steels, probably because theyre terrible, so u can really go crazy with this. yes, it's base diancie. head smash 2hkos bounce ogre on the switch (75% vs +spdef without lo) while u survive both anchor and revdance and activate berry. zyg is annoying because waves doesn't activate berry, but lor 2hkos unless theyre +spdef/regenvest and unchipped.

main reasons to use this mon include it going crazy vs gira, working well on sand bc u bonk all triage assuming u live the hit, and actually providing slow uturn. one of the few flaws w xerneas is that it can give up momentum sometimes, but diancie has 50 speed uturn.

Life Spring Infinity (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Technician
Hasty Nature
- Gear Grind
- Frost Breath
- Rock Blast
- Storm Throw

mons like slowbro cress aegi feel like theyre on the decline and are relatively easy to pressure w teammates anyway, so i thought this set would be cool. imposter can switch in relatively consistently which is definitely the worst part, outside of that though it's pretty nice. gear grind is 75% to ohko xern from full, rock blast kills hooh even if you only get 2 hits. ogre is a bit annoying because storm throw doesn't do as much damage as you'd want it to (lo is unfeasible on this set imo), and you obv have to watch out for guys like regenvest gira, mmy, and the aforementioned imposter.

i'm not sure if this is the optimal technician set for current meta, but at the same time i struggle to think of a better one. this guy obviously requires strong building including a sturdy triage check and something like electrify or hazard gar to really work out.

birdman [bird man] (Yveltal) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Aerilate
Shiny: Yes
Sassy Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Rapid Spin
- Revelation Dance
- Recover

aerilate yveltal is an extremely strange mon. its kinda like triage utility except instead of setting spikes u spin. wouldnt call it the most viable set but its cool and has uses on teams that value spin. might go well w shed for example. imposter proofing is really weird though because they have recover but its not too difficult bc dont have to worry about spikes.

other cool yveltal sets you guys need to try out: specs aerilate, cb tough claws, mold breaker, tg triage spore goggles, wiki berry triage. similar to xern this mon has a lot of room for innovation.

Event Horizon (Dialga) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Teravolt
Bold Nature
- Doom Desire
- Toxic Spikes
- Shore Up
- Dragon Tail

a year or two ago i got into this big argument w morogrim about doom desire dialga, he said the standard tg core set was fine but i thought the only good set was moldy tspikes. i didnt actually use that set for a really long time but remembered it recently while standard doom desire is dead so i guess thats a dub for me lol. anyway this sets really cool, it can be played very flexibly. dtail + doom desire is already really solid if you dont want tspikes in the mu, but if you add it into the mix it gets even stronger.

imposter proof him by simply not losing to tspikes. ph limits the pressuring capabilities of tspikes vs imposter teams though.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-1030304532
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-1030323456

蓬莱「凱風快晴 -フジヤマヴォルケイノ-」 (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Stealth Rock

fujiyama volcano. probably the best primal groudon set at the moment.

my issue with other hazard pdons (like anchor + rocks) was that rather than forcing a 50/50 vs shed teams, they instead didn't even necessarily gain an advantage through correct prediction against more modern variants of shed. the teams could switch to shedinja as a midground, and even if rocks went up shed was in, forcing another prediction from the pdon user to maintain momentum. gm is a good example of this, the team has rocks shed, apollo 13, and pix spin xern to beat opposing shed, gar, and all other ghosts respectively. sap xern can even call out pdon staying in to spin on it without dying. overall the trade made can be converted if the pdon user outpredicts again, but it's very easy for the shed user to reset to neutral and take advantage of pdon team structures.

this set is different. with wisp in the equation, shed isn't a viable midground option anymore and unless the bouncer counters it, pdon is guaranteed to do a ton of work in the game. the only safe option for the shed user is to switch to the fire resist (typically non-bounce zyg and gira), which is obviously a much better outcome for the pdon user. stealth rock and v-create both maintain momentum for pdon while wisp further chips them down and makes zyg much less threatening vs your other pokemon. it's very easy to make keeping shed alive into an unsustainable plan for the other player.

obviously, the main appeal of pdon is to just eviscerate the many balance teams that don't have a hard counter for it, and this set is extremely good at that too. unless they have bounce, gira/zyg hate switching in on it for the aforementioned reasons, and wisp + sap can utterly shut down physical attackers like mmx and ph normals trying to chip pdon down. another cool thing wisp brings to the table is the ability to scout for bounce with no risk involved. zyg bounces wisp back? just save pdon for later, at least rocks aren't on your side.

imposter proofing typically involves running bounce on a vcreate resist (i ran bounce bro), but i think that you could theoretically skip out on an imposter proofer. imposter can't actually do much to you in practice besides lower your attack and trade rocks. should probably keep around something like a vcreate resist (probably with trapping) for the worst-case scenario where pdon is in vcreate range though.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-1031611944

TO PROTECT GM FROM DEVASTATION
TO UNITE ALL UNPLAYERS WITHIN OUR NATION
TO DENOUNCE THE EVILS OF
zoe is defeatLast Thursday at 5:39 PM
unexpected reveals for games you love
TO 6-0 DIMRAH 3 TIMES IN A ROW OR ABOVE

Apollo 13 (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Toxic Orb
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Taunt

bh wouldnt be fun if i didnt have this set. he just does a little bit every time you get momentum and it stacks up and all your opponents pokemon are dead. fast and slow teams alike are punished. you can use other moves if u want like thunder or blue flare but if its not 3atks + taunt its not apollo 13. read more about the details of the set in the mega mewtwo y analysis.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-1031459721
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-1010387539 (long game)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-1009478573
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-1009429950

i guess i should actually shout out a bunch of people since this is the last one

oms
Chessking345 i feel like youve grown a lot as a person since i first met you. i have faith that youre gonna do really well in gen 8 bh
SectoniaServant relatively large sized male human on campus. youre a very positive presence in om cord and its been nice having you around
regirock you are one of the people who made bh what it is now. i'm really glad we have people like you who really care about the game, even if you aren't a serious competitor yourself.
In The Hills my man. we have our disagreements but youre overall a pretty civil person which i appreciate.
MAMP :cool: user. youve been away for a while and im interested to see what youll be up to now that youre back.
Lasen bro shut up dude. youre literally irrelevant dude. youre actually not even good at this game. so stop thinking your opinion here holds any value at all. im so sick of garbage players like you thinking they can somehow talk down to others who have actually proven themselves, let alone the pillars of this community such as myself. i expect better from you if you want to make it off my block list.
Chloe you're open-minded on the important things which is nice. i think you're a responsible person and a good om leader.
Highlord you have some interesting things to say and are good at making discussions interesting. thanks for hanging around om cord

others on smogon
Amoonguss thanks for teaching me everything i know about mons
PDC big fan of your youtube vids, you have a lot of knowledge about this game and youre able to articulate it really well
curiosity thanks for your continued support, even though you don't play bh i'm glad you enjoy my posts

the boys
Magii youre an incredibly positive person, i know youve got other things to do but im glad you stop by here now and again
DarkBeserker youre really cool, its been fun to play games like pokemon and smash 4 with you
pazza legit one of the most underrated users on this site. youre really humble but not from a want to fit in.
Lux92 you seem to have the right response to every situation. i know things arent great for you right now but youve still been there for me, so thanks for that
I_Suck_At_Pokermon thanks for teaching me everything i know about bh. playing mons with you is always so fun, there's no pressure but at the same time i'm forced to really think if i want to win. you're also really chill but still realistic, i like that
Anaconja top tier meme connoisseur and also cool dude. you never judge and youre such a good listener. shoutouts dont do you justice
xavgb you have a really cool approach to pokemon as a game and youre really knowledgeable about like every meta. youre also really practical and realistic about life and are really good at solving problems.
Chazm i dont even know what to say here. thanks for being someone else who has a more idealistic view of things. your openness has really inspired me and i'm glad you decided to come here.
Zovrah i legit feel like i can talk about anything i want with you and youll bring something new to the table. i should play more games with you while we're here. thanks so much for everything.

this has been the goat of generation 7 bh, signing off

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)