Creative and Underrated Movesets in UU

Don't know if some of these have been posted, but I'll put ones below that I think I either came up with, used in a notable game or had recommended to me that I enjoy using.

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Rock Polish

Double Dance Cobalion I used a lot before Zapdos drop. It got worse at that juncture, which coincided with FatMence becoming more popular, so Edge became a great option. It's gotten better now, with chip damage on Sableye you can kill it with +2 Iron Head.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Acid Armor
- Psyshock
- Recover

There's definitely a more optimal EV spread for this, but used in tandem with TSpikes it lets you wear down Krook or other Knock users typically so you can win 1v1 barring a crit. Hydrei remains a problem but things like Entei becomes less of a check against you.

Haxorus @ Mental Herb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Ada +1 outspeeds MAero which was always a fine benchmark for me, others might want jolly though. If Ada you can use Dragon Claw > Outrage if you want. Use this against people who rely on Whimsicott as a general dragon check, they will often feel safe bringing it in on/after an EQ or DD to Encore.

Amoonguss @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

LO Amoonguss hits fairly hard, I love having 100% sleep on a relatively offensive mon, HP Fire is a great lure for Escav which is rising in popularity because typically Escav deals with every variant of Amoonguss

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Use this against people who enjoy stall, it 1v1s Sableye/Whims basically anything that relies on a status move to beat you. EV spread is, again, probably not optimal so play around with that. Setup sweepers that are good vs Tenta and Milo are nice because they have to take an unnecessary move to haze them. Pair with Pursuit to gradually weaken MAero because that is on stall a bit, also need a good steel check because things like Escav are a pain

Lazy Pert By Haate

Swampert-Mega (M) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 92 Def / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lets just say its a lifesaver. Adjusted towards the new meta, EV'd to outspeed and tombstone Conkeldurr (Adamant). When building i assumed that other users would like to creep base 45 due to the drops, so that is the reason for the additional EVs.

The 104 Attack Evs, with the addition of an adamant nature allow pert to reach 398 attack. 398 Attack is just one shy of max attack Jolly natured Swampert, which really allows its to not only bulk out attacks with HP and Defence investment but also pack a punch. It OHKOs the majority of pokemon which are weak to either one of the stab moves, with the exception of Gligar and other bulky pokemon.

Full HP EVs, with the leftover EVs going into Defence really help this build null physical attackers in UU.
  • Perfect Entei check, Switches in effortlessly where burns are only a temporary annoyance
  • 1v1s Conkeldurr, usually with ease
  • Recommend resting as much as possible in the game to keep it healthy for switch-ins
"That's Strong" - Pif
"You're a stally piece of shit" - CBU
"Haate you're the best" - Underused Chatroom

Century Express

melodies of life
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Metagross @ Normal Gem
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Grass Knot | Hidden Power [Fire]

A pretty fun set, but i reccomend using it only on offensive teams, because it spends a lot of role compression (it forces you to forgo SR and trading off Shuca, making you sistematically weak against Mamoswine and the Nidos). You need EQ to hit Chandelure and Doublade, whereas GK is important for the initial damage input without booming vs Pert, so it's pretty hard to fill SR here (something that a dedicated lead can provide). HP Fire is dedicated only to Forry, so choose it only if sounds extremely necessary for your gameplan. Anyways, this is a Metagross designed to lure an opposing Bulky-water without being instantly anemic vs Umbreon, Cresselia or Porygon2, helping Mega Mega Aero | Salamence | Mega Swampert to clean more easily. It always KOes Gyarados and Tentacruel, almost always KOes against Milotic, Slowking and Vaporeon after rocks, and the combination GK + Explosion usually 2HKOes Suicune as well after rocks. Alomomola and Jellicent are more trickier targets because of Protect | immunity do Boom, so you're going to need some support (Burn from Entei or Knock Off works here). It's obviouslly a member that you shouldn't rely on its longevity, so you shouldn't use it as a sole answer to threats like Mega Aero or Gardevoir.

Cobalion @ Occa Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Magnet Rise

Ever since Zapdos had risen to OU, I've been playing around the extra slot that Cobalion gets, now that the most common culprit against SD sets without Stone Edge is gone. Occa Berry allows it to reliably hard check Hydreigon with Fire Blast and potentially lure it in for a kill as Close Combat OHKO's and to take on other surprise fire moves from pokemon like Chandelure but it's main purpose is to either lure or prevent Hydreigon from stopping a sweep. Defense drops from Close Combat don't start becoming a problem until -2 anyway when facing Hydreigon. Having the item slot taken by Occa Berry, I had some trouble relying on it to take on pokemon like Krookodile who had a strong ground stab and was still able to potentially take a unboosted Close Combat. Taking into consideration that his 4th slot wasn't forced to run Stone Edge anymore, Magnet Rise gave me the needed immunity I needed. Unlike resist berries, Cobalion would be temporarily immune to ground type moves for a maximum of five turns or until it needed to switch out. As such this would be enough time for Cobalion to sweep if it is able to catch the opponent off guard against a pokemon with access to a strong ground type stab, in hopes of trying to weaken/take down Cobalion. I know for sure that Magnet Rise existed before Zapdos dropped but I wasn't sure if it was used in conjecture with an Occa Berry. That being said, it takes on the risk on switching against Mamoswine, Krookodile, etc. without the safety net of a Shuca Berry. Overall, I found this set to be viable variant for SD sets that don't need the Stone Edge coverage.

TL;DR A great Hydreigon lure while still able to check pokemon like Krookodile and Mamoswine without the danger of super effective ground type moves.

EDIT: Finally got Occa Berry to work http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-387531501 and some live footage of Recycle Weakness Policy Cresselia at the end as a bonus

Last edited:

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hi everyone :] i'm your new host for this thread!

went ahead and deleted everything from the old thread. i'll look through the old thread again to see if any sets would be good currently. gonna do the same for some of the ones that weren't added from this one. will hopefully finish updating this in at least a couple of days.

edit: done

Last edited:

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Celebi @ Meadow Plate/Colbur Berry/Yache Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic/Dazzling Gleam/Thunder Wave/Healing Wish
- Energy Ball/Leaf Storm

A really cool & underrated set I've been messing around since Celebi dropped. It gives you a stealth rock setter that can defeat waters without giving any momentum away thanks to U-Turn. There are a lot of things you might want to use. Meadow Plate is usually the best item because it allows Celebi to deal better with Suicune. Colbur Berry + Dazzling Gleam is a great variant to lure Hydreigon. Psychic is great to defeat fighting types while Thunder Wave/Healing Wish bring more support overall. I recommand you guys to try it out, it works very well, especially in BO teams.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-374407293 - UUPL
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-uu-168363 - UUPL
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-uu-165811 - UUPL

Last edited:

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
I used this set a few times on an HO Team, with Rain Dance Swampert-Mega support, and god, this set is unstoppable if it setup one Agility versus Offense. Seriously, who is expecting that you will use Agility Special Feraligatr? It is a dangerous Late Game sweeper that can 2HKO basically every Pokémon that doesn't resist it/isn't a Special Wall. You should try to setup Agility on a Pokémon that is, on paper, one setup bait to DD or SD Sets, like Nidoqueen, and you finally hit the awesome 510 Speed Stat, and bop, you can outspeed a ton of Pokémon, like Choice Scarfed Mienshao, Salamence and Hydregon, aside of a +1 Sharpedo-Mega, Aerodactyl-Mega, Beedrill-Mega and Sceptile-Mega, yes, it is scary. That's OK, you will sacrifice the slot of a good SD/DD Sweeper, but this set can still OHKO Chesnaught after Stealth Rock, aside of 2HKOing Forretress and Swampert. Yeah, Scald isn't all that good without Burning, but it is the best STAB move that Feraligatr can run with this Moveset. Ice Beam is a very nice coverage to hit Dragon-Types, like Sceptile-Mega, Salamence and Hydreigon (it is a roll to OHKO without Stealth Rock, Focus Blast is a safe OHKO if you don't miss). Finally, Focus Blast can hit Pokémon that still resist Feraligatr, like Sharpedo-Mega, Crawdaunt, Cobalion and Empoleon. This set is better when you have another Water-Type Sweeper, I recommend to use Swampert-Mega, Crawdaunt or Mega-Sharpedo, since they can cover Feraligatr's Checks and Counters very well. Crawdaunt can defeat Cresselia and Cune/Milotic, but it is slow. Swampert-Mega can defeat Cresselia with Rain Dance, aside of threating fast Pokémon too, but it can't hit Suicune at all. Sharpedo-Mega can defeat basically the same Pokémon that Crawdaunt can, but it is too much frail. Feraligatr can defeat Grass-Types without many efforts for them, so Offensive Roserade, Chesnaught and Tangrowth can't touch it without being OHKOed after Stealth Rock. Grass-Types are cool partners too, since they are the best Pokémon to defeat Bulky Waters.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Roost
- Taunt
First of all, I need to tag Ranbu No Melody for showing me this fantastic set. This set isn't a "Stallbreaker", it is a set that can defeat a lot of Pokémon that can worn down Aerodactyl. One simple example? I will give you four. Cresselia without Ice Beam is easily defeated by this set, since it's more dangerous attack will be Psyshock (~27%), and if it is Lunar Dance Support, Moonblast does ~20. So you can Taunt it, Attack/Switch, and Roost, and you will defeat it slowly. Arcanine is another good example, since it creeps Aerodactyl with Will-O-Wisp, but when you Taunt it, it will not use both Will-O-Wisp and Morning Sun, what means that you will force it out. Gligar, the third example, will Roost infinitely if Aero don't Taunt it, but if you Taunt it, Gligar will not use Roost and will be forced out too. The fourth example is Florges, since you can block Synthesis/Wish, so there is another safe way to defeat Florges without lose your Stone Edge PP. There are other risky things that Aerodactyl can do too, like use Taunt on Swampert(-Mega), so you can block a potential Stealth Rock/Rain Dance. HP Fire Porygon2 is walled too, or if a standart Porygon2 is with low health, you can Taunt it too. There are other things too, like Taunt the scary Milotic or Suicune. Wing Attack and Stone Edge are hard hitting STAB Moves that can worn down Offensive Teams. Roost is a mandatory move on this moveset since it able Aerodactyl to stop walls safely. There are a lot of cool partners, I personally used Aerodactyl on a Florges Balance, but you can use it in every playstyle (bar Stall) too.

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gonna post something I been using as of this past week to some aggressively decent success:

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Snore
- Calm Mind
- Rest

This is an idea I got from a VERY long time ago, when I saw Kokoloko talking about a Mega Gardevoir (It was during XY UU Beta, that's how long ago I'm talking) set that blew his stuff backwards when he faced it. It was this exact set that you see here, only on a Mega Gardevoir. I figured I would give it a try and see how it fares, seeing as Sylveon functions identically, just bulkier and a bit slower.

I've gotten a few suggestions to maybe try a bulkier EV spread to take more advantage of Sylveon's bulk + Rest, and it's not a bad idea honestly. I just didn't really sit down to try and come up with any bulk-oriented spread, so I just went with Timid + Max SpA/Spe, as you typically should with a Specs set. Pixie Plate allows you to bluff Choice Specs while still hitting very hard, making it easier to bait in stuff like Blissey and set up on their face. Snore seems like a questionable move to run as opposed to something like Sleep Talk, but do remember that Snore is boosted by Pixilate and has a 30% flinch chance. It also lets Sylveon still have some offensive presence even while asleep, which will catch most people off-guard as they assume they have 2 easy free turns once they click Rest. All you really do with Sylveon is treat it like a Choice Specs set. Click Hyper Voice. If you see a slow, defensive (non-Steel) Pokemon, click Calm Mind. You can even break through Blissey with this set, just go straight to +3 or +4, Rest, and start rinsing.

I've used this set a fair bit both on an offensive balance and a heavy offense team to some good success. Right now I don't have any replays (maybe some people saved some) but I got enough eyewitness testimony to back up my claims to this thing being extremely dope. Defensively-oriented teams are rolled up and stuffed into a bag by this set, even if they carry a Steel-type, if only because Steel-types in UU are stupidly easy to wear down, and the few that aren't can't handle a +1 Hyper Voice from this thing after some chip damage. If Sylveon ever gets deemed to be "broken" in UU I hope it's at the revelation of this set, lol. I really don't feel like showing calcs here because showing you that a +2 Sylveon's Hyper Voice can 2HKO an Empoleon isn't really anything short of obvious. It's more or less the fact that Sylveon can sit there in front of Empoleon, set up on it, and break through it with ease, that should be impressing you.

Not a creative set, but an underrated one I've had good results with. Tornadus is really underrated in UU, like Kyurem it's a Pokémon that really needs more love.

Tornadus @ No item
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Acrobatics
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Now Smogon lists this set as using Chesto Berry with Knock Off, but personally I never found Knock Off that useful - I used this set on a team with Heracross and offensive Swampert, so bulky Rock and Steel types weren't really a problem. Bulk Up boosts Tornadus's Attack to great levels, while also improving its defences. Acrobatics is the STAB move - nothing's immune to it, and it hits pretty hard. You could run Chesto Berry, but I prefer running no item as that means you have the 110 power Acrobatics right from the get go. Rest and Sleep Talk let Tornadus recover HP, and get priority thanks to Prankster. EVs maximise Speed and Attack - since Tornadus isn't very bulky, there's not much point investing in bulk. If you miss stallbreaker Mega Pidgeot, this could be your answer.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-397870849

Replay showcases it. Sweep starts on turn 16.

Well I missed the NBT so I'll toss this here. Mega-Gurdurr in a shellnut.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 48 HP / 208 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch/Ice Punch

Probably the only conk set aside from LO OTR conk to not horribly disappoint me, nothing revolutionary here just enough bulk to live "most" hits with enough speed to mitigate extraneous damage and a setup move. Aside from the utility of never being a dead teamslot this thing is pretty nightmarish to take down if it sets +1 on a free switch with mence out of the picture, generally requiring a sac just to force it out if florges/sylv are at 60% or so after rocks, and it can still do considerable work on a forced scald setup.

48 HP is just enough to ensure that unboosted draco meteors will not kill after rocks, 252 speed 208 atk adamant outruns defensive florges with 8 points of speed creep, this is preferred over jolly to keep the power of mach with the mild bulk invest as jolly cannot outrun adamant crawdaunt or 8 speed cress/suicune.

Movepool item and ability are simple, guts+BU allows conk to abuse fat things for setup and a free 1.5x boost, drain and leftovers keep residual damage from breaking conk down, Mach hella strong at +1 burned, and the coverage slot exists to ohko birds while maiming ghosts/common poisons.

Last edited:

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Arcanine @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic
- Morning Sun

Started playing regularly again recently and I've found that this set can really hold its own. I'm not sure if other people have already been using specially defensive Arcanine but I got the idea from Wanka's RMT and decided to take it for a spin, remembering how much of a beast it was back in DPP. The physically defensive set is more popular of course and with good reason but this one has some great things going for it. Toxic makes Arc a lot more threatening against defensive teams and takes advantage of its natural bulk, while the strong STAB and priority still make it a nuisance for offensive teams to face. The heavy investment enables it to take on a lot of things that the physically defensive one struggles against, such as Hydrei, CM Cress, Mega Sceptile, NP Celebi and even Moltres in a pinch. It takes on Specs Sylveon more reliably and can even stall out bulky Waters, for example uninvested Suicune and Milotic fail to 2HKO with Scald. It still does a very decent job against physical attackers like Cobalion, Toxicroak, Doublade, Beedrill and Entei, but obviously without WoW and the high Defense stat it has a harder time against really strong wallbreakers.

Wanka used WoW over ES but I thought I'd keep the priority to help finish off weakened things and its proven to be handy as always. I can see where WoW would be useful though. It makes the set even more tankish and can surprise stuff like Mega Pert and Krook that wouldn't expect it after Toxic has been revealed. There might be a more ideal EV spread out there; I just put enough SpD in to avoid the 2HKO from Scep's Dragon Pulse after rocks and dumped the rest in Defense. Overall a cool and different take on an underrated defensive Poke!

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Cobalion is a great pokèmon in UU and once set up has few checks, however, one thing in UU that few pokèmon can deal with is a set up curselax or and other curse/Def boosting pokèmon. Sacred sword is pretty good/okay answer to this. Although it misses out on a few kos from being weaker than close combat, it deals more damage after +2 Def by ignoringthe stat change. The item/evs/moves are pretty flexible and double dance isn't the only set that sacred sword can be swaped in on but I suggest using it with sword dance because of the loss of base power. Mostly just an odd answer to curse-talk mons in UU.

View attachment 62725
Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
-Calm Mind
-Synthesis
-Moonblast
-Psychic

Calm Mind Florges is really the only Florges set worth running now that Sylveon dropped. A big problem with it, though, is how slow it is, so, mons like like Crawdaunt and Conkelldur can come in and revenge kill Florges easily. This set allows Florges to outspeed these two, as well as mons like Machamp and defensive Nidoqueen that would otherwise give Florges trouble. It also retains enough bulk to stomach hits from Herracross, Meinshao, and the like.
Just a small detail. You can optimize a bit that EVspread by using timid nature and 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe. It gives you 1 more point in both Def and Spe.

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Trick
- Zen Headbutt

Coming back from the dpp days of UU, Scarf Mesprit is actually fun and functional. Outrunning every relevant Dark Type after Scarf, you can mess around and put rocks down thanks to an actually usable bulk. (Looking at you, Azelf.) It also lets you outrun the taunt, and outspeeds all but the fast megas after evolving. Hitting 2/3 of them super effectively also helps. Trick, as a last thing, lets you absolutely ruin stall or bulkier mons trying to set up.

I got nothing else.

Now you're playing with power- Wallbreaker Hydreigon DIY
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Superpower
-Iron Tail
-Roost/Fire Blast

This is actually the first set I ever made myself. Maybe not that creative, since I got inspired by a almost similar Wallbreaker Hydreigon in the Strategy Pokédex. But I found that if you actually invest in its attack it gets enough power to actually make OHKO's/deal brutal damage.
But this set is really only for busting Fairy types who dont expect anything like an Iron Tail and will stay in. Hydreigon has neat speed so the Fairy should be scarfed if it wants to outspeed (And I've never seen such thing, in my three year experience, well I used scarfed Sylveon once myself but anyways) so it can easily be used to defeat or cripple them. But now Ive only focused on Iron Tail. Draco Meteor will deal a good chunk of damage to anything that doesnt resist it (unless it's immune, but if any Fairies switch into the Draco Meteor, you have a great option to go for... ;)) and Roost is, like it says in the Strategy Dex, for reliable recovery/dealing with Life Orb damage. But I guess Fire Blast is a better move since it will catch many Mega Aggrons off guard and eventually kill some Ferrothorns when using it in OU.
Superpower is for annoying Ice/Steel/Rock/Dark types that will otherwise shrug off Hydreigons attacks or actually kill him with an Ice Beam. And it's the only reliable move in this set too, because this set is gonna miss A LOT. But when it doesnt miss it makes up a good mixed set that can take care of many threats.
But you really need to watch out for outspeeding Fighting types such as Mienshao that will otherwise completely kill Hydreigon or cripple any switch in (So I would really go for a Chandelure as a back up, being immune to Fake Out and Fighting type moves, resisting U-Turn and of course resists any Fairy type move and can take care of threats that Hydreigon cant such as Psychic Pokémon, this Hydreigon set actually struggles against them, or will-o-wisp any powerful attacker).
As I said, it might not be very creative, but it sure doesnt get used by everyone. I guess Im even the only one.

P.S. I actually saw scarfed Fairy types. I mean, Scarf Gardevoir is sometimes used so I was like lying. But I cant come up with ither scarfed fairies Ive come across right now.

Last edited:

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room

I think it is VERY underrated. I've not seen anyone use it and yet it can be very scary. As a Trick Room mon it typically destroys offense. It seems outclassed by Reuniclus but actually it's really not. What set Slowking apart is that it can actually switch mid game into some stuff like Entei, Cobalion etc, and stay healthy enough to set up late game thanks to regenerator. Now yes it's not as powerfull, but its power is more than enough to destroy mons found on offense like Aerodactyl, Entei, Infernape, and many more. Colbur lets it switch without being traped. Against some bulky offense you only to weaken Celebi, Hydreigon, Sylveon a bit and it can sweep. Also its stab and coverage is much better, Reuniclus has only Psyshock for stab which has immunities and has to hit Focus Blast which can stop its sweep prematurely. While Slowking can spam Scald or Ice Beam on dark types and everything. Empoleon is a problem of course. But against most threats in the meta like Entei, Krook, Mamo, Cobalion, Conk it's just so good.

Last edited:

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pin Missile
- heavy Slam
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes/Stealth Rocks

I haven't seen this posted yet so im gunna put it here. Im in no way claiming the idea here because I've seen in mentioned a few times in chat and such but i though it should be on "paper" for people to see. Normally forretress slightly struggles to both set and keep hazzards off the field, by droping volt switch here you can consistently spin while taking advantage of current trends. Pin missle does decent damage to both krok and celebi while barring hp fire they do little back. This also lets fort be a little less passive. I personally like custap berry to get that last spin off or switch out to sack fort later but Leftovers is viable (probably more so) as well. Volt swith can also be swaped in if you dont need hazzards because the slow switch helps with momentum. Heavy slam is also used here because it gets some notable 2hkos-shout out to Machiavelli for already posting fort+heavy slam.

Last edited:
Yet another conk set, but something yall might not have seen before, make good use!

Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off <- Another move can be run here depending on your team, but mainly you will want this one.

I realized Conkeldurr has a base Defense stat of 95, and 105 HP, making it an interesting rest talk user, as it can absorb status with guts AND get some attack boost while asleep. This set allows it to face 1v1 physical sweepers like Swampert-mega, and is a very solid check to Mega-bee, as U-turn is not very effective, doing mere 16% damage before lefties.
This provides a reliable way to check knock off, as you can drain punch to recover what the lefties aren't there for.
The last move depends on the rest of your team. Usually knock off will do, helping into ghost types and eviolite users, removing specs, etc. Earthquake might hit Arcanine and Beedrill, Ice punch can hit aerodactil, Thunder punch has it's niche. Poison Jab is delicate because people might want to get defensive fairies to check you, making it good BUT doublade will be immune to you AND fairies at the tier will usually be faster than conk.

Here's a replay of this set where i run earthquake and successfully hit a chandelure, but having knocked off togetics eviolite might have been enough.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-439096240

I think Hyper beam Sylveon deserves a spot. Choice specs Sylveon doesn't really have much going for it in the fourth slot, so putting Hyper beam can allow you a chance to pull out a 195 BSP STAB and get a surprise one shot on people, eliminating a key threat.
1-Shot (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Reactions: rs
Yea, we all know, Mega Aero is a great mon in this metagame, but how about giving Bulky Aero a shot?

Most ppl use the Hone Claws or All Out Attacker Set, but this set wears down bulky Pokemon like Gligar, Cresselia, defensive Sylveon, Donphan, Florges, Reuniclus, Snorlax, Umbreon and a few more! Isn't this great? It can even switch into CB Krookodile, most Fightig types, Entei [50% to burn], Darmanitan, Absol-Mega, even Scarf Chandelure. [Of course, watch out for the edges]

This set is even in the smogon analysis, but I never have seen someone using it:

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic/Rocks/Stone Edge
- Stone Edge/Aerial Ace/Earthquake

I prefer Aerial Ace and Toxic, because you can wear down so many mons with it and even deal good dmg and revenge fighting and grass types easily. But you can run Eq for Steel and Poison Types if u use toxic and rocks is a good option too, because it gets switchins to many mons so you can keep your rocks up. It learns defog too, but idk if thats a wasted slot, never tried it. Taunt prevents Pokemon from recovering and Toxicing/Twaving, so yeah, its works really well!

Here is a replay with Bulky Aero:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-457445292
This replay tookplace at mid ladder: http://prntscr.com/cu5bqw

Give it a try!

Espeon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot/Signal Beam/Psyshock/Shadow Ball

Good set to control hazards, not only to reflect them but also to check some spinners too. Hidden Power Fire is there to specific cover Forretress.

Dazzling Gleam + Assault Vest beats any set of Hydregon on 1v1, only losing if scarf Dark Pulse flinches. Galvantula also loses on 1v1 except if it goes for Thunder and gets ParaHax.

The last move depends on what you want...I use Grass Knot to ohko Swampert and 2hko Blastoise, but other options are definitely viable.

The only big problem is Empoleon, so using this with something like Toxicroak or Heliolisk is good to apply pressure and keep your hazards on while your opponent's off. Stealth rock users that check Empoleon are also very useful along with this Espeon set.

Signal Beam Cresselia

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Signal Beam
- Psyshock
- Moonlight

Signal beam Cresselia still covers dark super effective with signal beam, but is not walled by bulky psychic like moonblast cress. This means it can better handle threats like reinculous, espeon, and other cresselia.

TL;DR, it's better.

Askov

Explode
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
Toxic Cobalion

Cobalion @ Leftovers / Shuca Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance / Stealth Rock
- Toxic

I don´t know if this set is common but I haven´t seen Toxic on Cobalion analysis as an option so I thought it´d be worth it to post it here. Toxic is good on Cobalion because common switch-ins to it like Swampert, Suicune and Cresselia hates being hit by Toxic, because it can wear them down to the point where hard hitting mons like Specs Sylveon, CB Entei and Krook can 2HKO them. Like I said in the example, this Cobalion set usually pairs well with pokemons that share those Toxic targets pokemons as a Counter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)