Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 252 atk, 4 SpD
Brave nature
IVs: 0 spe
-Trick room
- Gyro ball
- Explosion
- Earthquake/Zen headbutt

The set is fairly selfexplanatory, trick room makes you faster than most, gyro ball does massive damage against faster threats and earthquake destroys fire types. Explosion is a one use nuke and allows a teammate to abuse the trick room.

When using this set Bronzong acts as a nice sweeper against offense and balance after bulky waters and stuff like forry has been taken out/weakend.

Life orb is the primary item, as bronzong is still pretty weak without it, but colbur can be usefull against sucker punch and adamant mamoswine.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-335194717

Last edited:

CBU

Banned deucer.
Mixed Mega Glalie
tumblr_ndmyzo755i1rvs7gdo1_1280.jpg

UU as a whole tier is destroyed by ice types...we all know that. With the drop of mamoswine noone ever uses glalie anymore, even tho it is very viable as i have recently found out. The spread taht i am proposing is walled by things like arcanine and empoleon, however i think it still works very very well (keep in mind it has a big surprise factor). Give this little guy a chance and you won't be dissapointed...

Dislocated (Glalie-Mega) (M) @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Frustration
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Freeze-Dry

Useful calcs:
4 SpA Mega Glalie Freeze-Dry vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 388-460 (96.7 - 114.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
4 SpA Mega Glalie Hidden Power Fire vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 116-138 (36.3 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (switches in only once)
4 SpA Mega Glalie Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Forretress: 304-360 (85.8 - 101.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Hope I helped :]

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Agility
- Ice Beam / Flash Cannon
- Scald
- Grass Knot

Not creative, more so very much underused. Empoleon's not got a bad special attack at all, and can actually 1v1 some threats given some chip damage before. But as a fast cleaner that forces literally tons of switches, metal penguin can easily clean up against weakened teams, just bring it in on something locked in on one of it's MANY resists. LO or Modest is an option to give more damage, but I prefer this set just to be able to not die to chip.
Empoleon @ Life Orb / Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Ice Beam / Flash Cannon
- Hydro Pump / Scald
- Grass Knot

Primary slash updated, item changed to Life Orb / Petaya for extra damage fitting a cleaner/sweeper.

I have a new one that hopefully is a lot more effective than my last post here (even though hogg used protect scep in SPL!)

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Snatch
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy

This set is the standard in Ubers as it prevents dangerous stallbreakers like mega Salamence from setting up and sweeping. In UU, it still works but I have Seismic Toss over Toxic so it can beat common Toxic Spikes absorbers like Nidoqueen and Tentacruel. I've been working on using it on semi-stall in conjunction with both Sableye and a Toxic Spikes user, in order to keep TSpikes up, and then quickly wear down the opposition with the poisoning. Snatch is a nasty surprise for clerics like opposing Blissey, Florges, etc. that keep them from controlling the poison damage, stealing Aromatherapy, Wish, etc. Gives you an advantage over other fat teams and tears away at balance as it neutralizes Florges' role on the team. Aromatherapy is preferred but Toxic is an option to play games with SubDD Gyara but usually a more solid check is preferred.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge / Life Orb
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain / Rapid Spin
- Sludge Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam / Rapid Spin

This set is so crazy! It can be a lead to Giga Drain a Swampert or Hydro Pump a Mamoswine. Ice beam can OHKO Mence and deal a lot of damage in Hydreigon, Sludge Wave 2HKO Florges and Grass Types... Don't need to explain more, this is just an Anti-Meta Set

Shoutouts to -Magic-

Last edited:

Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

This set is so crazy! It can be a lead to Giga Drain a Swampert or Hydro Pump a Mamoswine. Ice beam can OHKO Mence and deal a lot of damage in Hydreigon, Sludge Wave 2HKO Florges and Grass Types... Don't need to explain more, this is just an Anti-Meta Set
If you're not running Rapid Spin, there literally no reason to run Tenta anyway .-.

It's team dependent, but you could drop either Ice Beam or Giga Drain for Spin. Otherwise it's a good set.

Last edited:
alternatively, shuca berry can be run. that's my personal preference, and it's nice to take on that one ground-type attack, especially when tenta has such a low defense stat. it's more viable than black sludge i'd say.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I don't see the point of Shuca when you outspeed the important offensive Ground types regardless(Nidos, Mamo, Krook). Out of those 3 Shuca hardly protects you from LO Mamo EQ or just Krook EQ in general should you want to switch in. I like the set but I find a far better use of it to be as a lure, for example reference the dodmen Hikari game early SPL where dodmen thought he'd managed to get an advantageous position with Krook vs Tenta and resultedly got blown back, losing an important offensive threat and possibly his rocks too idr. Black Sludge also helps keep up this assumption.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly / Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge / Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Ice

Hidden Power Lure Cobalion

This set is used to lure in some of Cobalion's checks and counters, and hit them hard. This set specifically targets Swampert, a popular switchin to Cobalion due to it's ability to tank Close Combats relatively easily. Hidden Power Grass is used to lure in Swampert, and with the 36 Special Attack EVs even with a Jolly Nature guarantees the 2HKO on Swampert. This set pairs well with Pokemon that like to have Swampert worn down to get through it easier, so Pokemon like Lucario and Krookodile pair well with it. Hidden Power Ice is an alternative option to hit Salamence, and with a Naive Nature, it OHKOs Naive Mence after Stealth Rock. The problem with using HP Ice however, is that it's sort of reduntant since Stone Edge already 2HKOs offensive Salamences, but it's still decent if you want to wear it down more. Overall this set is a really cool lure to many mons that could check Cobalion, and it has major surprise factor as well, and I hope you all like it!

36- SpA Life Orb Cobalion Hidden Power Grass vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 213-255 (53.1 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
36 SpA Life Orb Cobalion Hidden Power Grass vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 234-281 (58.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

36 SpA Life Orb Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Salamence: 291-343 (87.9 - 103.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
36- SpA Life Orb Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Salamence: 260-307 (78.5 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

EDIT: HP ice also hits a popular Cobalion counter in Gligar, so it has even more of a use.

36- SpA Life Orb Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Gligar: 182-218 (54.6 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Mixed Mega Glalie
View attachment 57420

UU as a whole tier is destroyed by ice types...we all know that. With the drop of mamoswine noone ever uses glalie anymore, even tho it is very viable as i have recently found out. The spread taht i am proposing is walled by things like arcanine and empoleon, however i think it still works very very well (keep in mind it has a big surprise factor). Give this little guy a chance and you won't be dissapointed...

Dislocated (Glalie-Mega) (M) @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Frustration
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Freeze-Dry

Useful calcs:
4 SpA Mega Glalie Freeze-Dry vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 388-460 (96.7 - 114.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
4 SpA Mega Glalie Hidden Power Fire vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 116-138 (36.3 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (switches in only once)
4 SpA Mega Glalie Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Forretress: 304-360 (85.8 - 101.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Hope I helped :]
This seems very cool, especially since you can run stuff like Krookodile to get rid of Fire/Steel types. However, if you're so close to OHKOs on Forretress and Swampert, why not move some Attack EVs to Special Attack?

CBU

Banned deucer.
This seems very cool, especially since you can run stuff like Krookodile to get rid of Fire/Steel types. However, if you're so close to OHKOs on Forretress and Swampert, why not move some Attack EVs to Special Attack?

This glalie is a part of a team really struggling with florges, which i want to hit as hard as possible... Your idea is very solid and you put glalie in a team with an actual florges counter you could/should have some spattack investment :)

This glalie is a part of a team really struggling with florges, which i want to hit as hard as possible... Your idea is very solid and you put glalie in a team with an actual florges counter you could/should have some spattack investment :)
Ok that's fair--you want physical attacks to hit Florges, which is very popular in its own right. I wouldn't rely on M-Glalie as your only way to hurt Florges though. Steel-types in general are a good bet.

Reactions: CBU
it's still a subpar set to the choice band but

Entei @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
252 ATK/ 252 SPD/ 4 HP

Sacred Fire
Stone Edge
Extremespeed
Flame Charge

With only an adamant nature available for Extremespeed sets, Entei's speed could still use some patching. I found Flame Charge to be a good option for more speedy Sacred Fires, as well as the ability to switch up your moves at the cost of a little less damage.

EDIT: actually got a better replay.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-349497354

Last edited:
Hello, I would just like to put a set here that I think is pretty underrated.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Defog / Toxic / Brave Bird

This is set is Physically Defensive Mandibuzz. Foul Play is a move that can punish a lot of physical attackers, namely Entei, Mega Beedrill, Mega Aerodactyl, and Gyarados. With good bulk, and 240 HP/ 216 Def EVs, these Pokémon won't even touch you. (Well, Entei can 2HKO you with Banded Stone Edge, but Roost is reliable recovery move. Plus Stone Edge has bad accuracy too, so thanks Gamefreak.) If a physical attacker sets up, you can Foul Play or stop it from setting up by using Taunt. This set can work best with a special wall counterpart, namely Florges or Blissey. Florges can kill Mandibuzz threats like Hydreigon and Kyurem. While Blissey can Heal Bell and set up Stealth Rocks on the opponent's field, which is highly beneficial for Mandibuzz. The last move slot is Defog, but you can change it to Toxic or Brave Bird, but it's not highly suggested.
The reason why I think P Defensive Mandibuzz should be used more, is because the Pokémon that I listed above as physical attackers are common threats to most people's teams.
0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Beedrill: 348-411 (128.4 - 151.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Entei: 178-211 (47.9 - 56.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 40 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 175-207 (58.1 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 88 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 288-340 (81.5 - 96.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 288-340 (87 - 102.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Sceptile: 349-412 (124.1 - 146.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

CBU

Banned deucer.
Hello, I would just like to put a set here that I think is pretty underrated.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Defog / Toxic / Brave Bird

This is set is Physically Defensive Mandibuzz. Foul Play is a move that can punish a lot of physical attackers, namely Entei, Mega Beedrill, Mega Aerodactyl, and Gyarados. With good bulk, and 240 HP/ 216 Def EVs, these Pokémon won't even touch you. (Well, Entei can 2HKO you with Banded Stone Edge, but Roost is reliable recovery move. Plus Stone Edge has bad accuracy too, so thanks Gamefreak.) If a physical attacker sets up, you can Foul Play or stop it from setting up by using Taunt. This set can work best with a special wall counterpart, namely Florges or Blissey. Florges can kill Mandibuzz threats like Hydreigon and Kyurem. While Blissey can Heal Bell and set up Stealth Rocks on the opponent's field, which is highly beneficial for Mandibuzz. The last move slot is Defog, but you can change it to Toxic or Brave Bird, but it's not highly suggested.
The reason why I think P Defensive Mandibuzz should be used more, is because the Pokémon that I listed above as physical attackers are common threats to most people's teams.
0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Beedrill: 348-411 (128.4 - 151.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Entei: 178-211 (47.9 - 56.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 40 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 175-207 (58.1 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 88 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 288-340 (81.5 - 96.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 288-340 (87 - 102.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Sceptile: 349-412 (124.1 - 146.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

i really like this set and believe it shows what mandibuzz can really do...1 thing i want to point out which i think u didnt mention is that with the speed u gave it, it can taunt-toxic stall suicune to death which is always very useful!

i really like this set and believe it shows what mandibuzz can really do...1 thing i want to point out which i think u didnt mention is that with the speed u gave it, it can taunt-toxic stall suicune to death which is always very useful!
Oh yes, sorry about that, I think I'll also mention that it can outspeed uninvested Gligar and Cresselia, and other uninvested base 85s! :D

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been using this set a bunch, and it honestly works a lot better than I thought it would. I'm aware it's mentioned in the OO of the analysis, but it needs more credit than it's getting.

Venomoth @ Black Sludge
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute
- Disable

I originally started with using the SubRoost set which was more common from what I've seen, but I found myself struggling to break through things like Blissey. I ended up using this, which is probably my favourite set atm. You basically switch it into something like Florges and start putting in work. Disable just has so much utility with this, making nearly all mono attackers setup fodder. For example, they switch in their Forretress. You let your Substitute break with Gyro Ball, and proceed to Disable it, so they're basically a free Sub/Quiver. Same with Blissey and its Seismic Toss. There's a lot of other Pokemon where the same concept applies. Played properly, this can easily 6-0 a to defensive teams. Another problem I had with the Sub Roost set was that scarfers were pretty annoying to deal with, since while Venomoth's speed tier isn't slow, scarfers like Darmanitan still outsped it which makes it harder for it to put in work. SubDisable basically messes up any choice locked mons, subbing the first turn, and then disabling immediately or setting up first depending on whether they're scarfers/outspeed naturally. Of course that said, without the recovery from Roost, you have to be a lot more careful of what you switch this thing into, and be more wary of keeping hazards off your side of the field.

i've been using quite a few alternative sets (more like moves tbh) but oh well.

Salamence @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Dragon Breath
- Defog
- Roost
- Fire Blast

Dragon Breath Salamence is a really solid alternative to Draco Meteor if you favor the staying power instead of brute force. If you don't already know Dragon Breath sports a nifty 30% chance to paralyze targets which is great support the most common teammates that are paired with Salamence. I've used it on the fatter set as well, only difference is a Bold Nature rather than Impish.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- U-Turn
- Protect

Pursuit Mega Beedrill is obviously not something I created myself, but it's a very solid move that ruins Chandelure and Alakazam who can just, you know, switch out with impunity. From my experience it doesn't miss Knock Off or Drill Run THAT much seeing as how most Cobalion thses days run a type resist berry (hint, hint Shuca) so they can pick off Beedrill or force it out and with Stealth Rocks up it isn't pretty. Knock Off ruins Doublade but that's dropped in usage recently so it's no too big. And Shadow Sneak impales you anyway

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Timid Nature
- Giga Drain / Rapid Spin
- Sludge Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam / Rapid Spin

Shoutouts to -Magic-
The difference that this makes is super negligable, but for what its worth a spread of 12 HP / 244 SpA / 252 Spe on this set allows Tentacruel to hit a Black Sludge number.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Mienshao @ Life Orb / Lum Berry / Salac Berry
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge / Poison Jab / Baton Pass

SD + 3 Attacks Mienshao

This set is really underrated, and is pretty good as well. Basically, Mienshao is a great wallbreaker or cleaner, but sometimes it has trouble breaking through sturdy physical walls like bulky Waters, even with a Life Orb. With Swords Dance, Mienshao becomes one of the most fearsome wallbreakers the UU tier has ever seen, being capable of OHKOing things like Suicune and Florges after a boost (+2 HJK even has a chance to OHKO Calm Florges, which is bonkers). Mienshao also has pretty much all the coverage it wants to sweep, as High Jump Kick is a powerful STAB, Knock Off hits Ghosts and Psychics hard, and Stone Edge can OHKO Zapdos and other Flying-types after a boost. Poison Jab is also useful to OHKO Florges after the Swords Dance boost, and OHKOs Whimsicott even before the SD. Baton Pass can be used to gain momentum and pass SD boosts to a teammate. The problem with using this set is because it's very hard to get a SD boost due to Mienshao's frailty, so it's good to pair it up with Memento users or status spreaders like Whimsicott to help Mienshao get more set-up opportunities. Overall, this set has great potential as a wallbreaker or sweeper due to Mienshao's insane power with a Swords Dance boost, and really should be given more exposure in the meta.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 330-389 (91.6 - 108%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 452-533 (125.5 - 148%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 403-476 (111.9 - 132.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 421-497 (104.2 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 354-421 (109.5 - 130.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO Whimsicott spread may be outdated, but as you can see PJab still kills before a boost if it tries to switch in.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 463-546 (109.1 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Zapdos: 473-559 (123.4 - 145.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 236+ Def Salamence: 348-411 (88.5 - 104.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252 Atk Mienshao Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 267-315 (87.8 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO If you're Lum Berry and already set up, you can circumvent a Will-O-Wisp from Sableye and OHKO it after Stealth Rock.

Mienshao @ Life Orb / Lum Berry / Salac Berry
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge / Poison Jab / Baton Pass
[/hide]
I actually never realized Mienshao even got Swords Dance…probably because it seems so dangerous. I should add that to take advantage of a set like this, you should probably use Swords Dance on predicted switches…this seems like a very high skill-cap set to use, especially without running U-turn to preserve momentum like 99% of Mienshao sets do.

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Magnet Rise
-
Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Grass

This set makes Magneton a really effective balance breaker, it is especially good against the classic Florges + Swampert + Steel type (Empoleon, Forry, MAggron...) core, as it can easily beat all three of them with Flash Cannon for Florges, TBolt for Steels and HP Grass for Swampert.

Magnet Rise is the most important move on this set as it lets Magneton beat Swampert, MAggron and Bronzong 1V1. (it also has the added bonus of making Magneton harder to revenge for mons like MAero who would normally use EQ to deal with steel types)

As for partners, anything that appreciates this core taken care of will do, I personally use specs Kyurem as it really enjoys firing off its STAB's without pesky fairies and steels in the way.

Hi guys. n_n Here's a Mega Swampert set that I feel is very underrated.

Physically Defensive Mega Swampert yay another physically defensive [insert Pokemon here] set...

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

So I've been using this particular Swampert on a team that sniperaim gave to me. It has become the star of the team, and I'm really happy that I gave this Swampert set a try. Anyways, when most people consider Mega Swampert on their team, they usually go for a rain sweeper, a bulky SR attacker, or the CursePert set. When they want the Defensive Pert, they go for Defensive Regular Pert. Not a lot of people expect this Swampert set, mostly because not a lot of people use it, and I don't know why. What differs this P Defensive Mega Pert to Regular Pert, is that you lose the little bit of recovery you get from Leftovers each turn. Although, with the Mega Stone, you are rewarded with even bigger bulk. Another difference with it, is that P Defensive Pert is more of a status absorber, while Regular Pert sets up Stealth Rocks, and roars. The issue with regular Pert is that it gets crippled a lot by status, while Mega Pert does not. Also to mention, Mega Swampert still has good base Attack, even when uninvested, it can kill a lot of the many threats in UU, or slowly wear down some. Scald is of course, there to annoy opponents with 30% burn chance, EQ is the strongest attack you have and can deal decent damage on neutral opponents. Rest + Sleep Talk is Rest + Sleep Talk. For the partners, honestly, all you need is a specially defensive Pokemon, (Blissey or Florges, former is a cleric, latter is a cleric/wincon) a Pokemon that can help Mega Pert's Grass weakness (Mandibuzz or Salamence) or an entry hazard setter. (Honestly, I find Toxic Spikes the best entry hazard you can use for this particular set, Roserade has such good defensive synergy with it, and Mega Pert enjoys Tentacruel's ability to set it up and Rapid Spin.)

0 SpA Mega Swampert Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Aerodactyl: 170-204 (56.4 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Mega Swampert Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Entei: 350-414 (94.3 - 111.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Mega Swampert Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Swampert: 142-168 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Mega Swampert Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 248-294 (76.5 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Mega Swampert Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mamoswine: 252-296 (69.8 - 81.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO unless you think you're cute and shit and you use Freeze Dry over Knock Off.
0 Atk Mega Swampert Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam: 285-336 (113.5 - 133.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO okay, zam beats it if psychic but i was just surprised that it can ohko it lmao0 SpA Mega Swampert Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 222-264 (67 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Mega Swampert Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Beedrill: 309-364 (114 - 134.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Mega Swampert Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Sharpedo: 204-241 (72.5 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Mega Swampert Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 64 Def Zapdos: 326-386 (85.1 - 100.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Mega Swampert Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Zapdos: 264-312 (68.9 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(For the Zapdos sets, well Zapdos can't really do anything against Swampert, so whittle it down with Scald, then if it Roosts, use EQ.)

Edit: Pokemon that can put a stop to set up sweepers work as partners too! Good Pokemon to mention here are phazers or Taunt Sab.

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 Atk / 128 SpA / 132 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Power Whip
- Earthquake / Sleep Powder
- Focus Blast / Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Sleep Powder

And here we have MixGrowth a very underestimated wallbreaker in this tier right now. I really think that offensive grass types are just so good right now. A power whip from this thing is just a force of destruction 2hkoing a lot of the meta including blissey who might want to switchin if it thinks you are special. Earthquake hits a lot of what power whip doesnt hit, it does 40% to arcanine after intimidate which means it cant come in again if rocks are up if it doesnt moonlight giving you a chance to go into something else to threaten it. Earthquake also has a solid shot at 2hkoing shuca cobalion and its even garantueed if rocks are up. 132 speed speedcreeps base 65s and lower most notably bliss and alomomola. Focus blast hits steel types and mega abomasnow for massive damage. It is also used to 2hko phys def umbreon. HP ice is mainly to prevent salamence from getting a free DD as it does ohko, it also ohkos fatmence after rocks who might think that its a counter. As a secondary use it is also a option to hit other grass types, very often it is used versus other tangrowths who you usually 1v1 since you are faster, unless they pack the sludge bomb. Alternativly you could go with sleep powder over either focus blast, earthquake, or hidden power ice if you have good counters for mons that might want to come in more often if you lack the coverage of choice.

What this mon failes to hit however are most flying types, like crobat, mandibuzz and zapdos, that can slurp up a HP ice pretty well and roost of the dmg, so pairing tangrowth with a mon that hardcounters the aformentioned works pretty well, or alternativly something that can lure them. Also voltturners who can give tangrowth a switchin to a resisted hit work very well too as tangrowth can procede to nuke something.

248+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 232 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 385-455 (72.7 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
248+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 419-495 (58.6 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
248+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 307-361 (75.9 - 89.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
248+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 212-251 (58.8 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
248+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Umbreon: 212-251 (53.8 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
-1 248+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Krookodile: 374-439 (112.9 - 132.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

248+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 208-247 (64.1 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 248+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 146-172 (38.1 - 44.9%) -- 66.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

128 SpA Life Orb Tangrowth Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion: 359-424 (110.8 - 130.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
128 SpA Life Orb Tangrowth Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 240 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 189-224 (54.9 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
128 SpA Life Orb Tangrowth Focus Blast vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Mega Abomasnow: 265-312 (77.9 - 91.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
128 SpA Life Orb Tangrowth Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Umbreon: 218-257 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
128 SpA Life Orb Tangrowth Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 299-354 (92 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

128 SpA Life Orb Tangrowth Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Salamence: 328-390 (99 - 117.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
128 SpA Life Orb Tangrowth Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Salamence: 333-395 (84.7 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
128 SpA Life Orb Tangrowth Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tangrowth: 234-278 (57.9 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)