Monotype Costume Party - ND Mono team

Costume Party

(This is an introduction, just pretend i said smart stuff :> )

The Team

download (8).jpeg

Mikachu (Mimikyu) @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch

Mimikyu is a strong mon with a pretty nice ability ensuring that you can pull at least one swords dance off. The ev
spreads (and life orb) are there to maximize the power of Mimikyu for a bit of your hp. Sneak is for a STAB priority move
being able to pick off weakened pokemon, Play rough for stab and drain punch for steels + recovery.

Darbink (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Earth Power

Diancie is the "Crown jewel" of the team (Get it?) being able to block hazards, status and
hitting them really hard in return. Diamond storm and Moonblast as the STAB moves with
the former getting a chance to boost your defenses. Mystical Fire for Mega-Scizor (Although you don't really
want to stay in on a bullet punch) and Earth Power for the rest of the steel & poisons.

Kawile-Mega (Klefki) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spikes

Klefki's main use is to aid the team to victory, and they do a great job joing it.
Klefki provides reflect/light screen support so that teammates can live more hits
and do more damage in return. Spikes are also there to wear down opposing pokemon
that switch in allowing for an easy ko from teammates. T-wave punishes faster Pokemon or
pokemon that try to set up on klefki's face.

Tapu-Mini (Azumarill) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Frustration
- Knock Off

Azumarill is extremely strong after you pull off one Z-belly drum, aqua jetting
water weak pokemon to their demise. Knock off is there to ohko bulky psychic types such
as slowbro. Frustration hits everything else if you need to do so.

Bimsicott (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- High Horsepower
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Band bulu hits things really hard for some quick damage. Horn leech for a stab
grassy terrain boosted healing move, High Horsepower for fire, steels and poison,
CC for steels and Stone edge for flying types. Grassy terrain also supports the team
by providing passive recovery and bulu can eat earthquakes all day and hit the opposing
pokemon.

Lardevoir (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Scarf lele is fast and hits extremely hard, even without specs. Psychic and Moonblast
for a hard-hitting stab combo, hitting poison and dark, Focus blast for a strong fighting
move for steels and tbolt for pelipper leads and Steel-Flying mons. Lele is absolutely crucial
in beating one of the fairy enemies, Mega-Scizor, by setting up psychic terrain and
blocking priority, including scizor's Bullet Punch allowing Mega-DIancie to safely switch-in and
burn scizor down in flames.​

Hello and welcome! Fairy is one of my favorite types to use right now in both SS and NDM. I see a couple things on your team that could be changed up and possibly yield better results.

Team Composition
So there are a couple options here. Right now you have Tapu Lele that blocks priority paired with 3 different priority users of your own. That's a big conflict and can cause a lot of issues in games. There are a few lines you can take to switch up your team composition.

Option 1:
:Mimikyu: -> :Tapu Koko:
This change helps in a couple ways. Not only are you removing one of your priority users, but adding another Terrain setter which helps to clear Psychic Terrain and make it less of a conflict. Tapu Koko is great here to not only help break down Flying, but can be a secondary Scizor check with HP Fire and it taking neutral damage from Bullet Punch.

Option 2:
:Tapu Lele: ->:Tapu Koko:
Koko is still great in NDM so it's a clear choice to add here. You'll note that by removing Tapu Lele you lose your speed control, but that's ok because you have Mimikyu and Azumarill with priority and Screens from Klefki to help tank hits.
Tapu Koko @ Expert Belt
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

Option 3:
:Tapu Lele: -> :Clefable:
This change would be to make the team a bit more balanced. Clefable is a great defensive switch in and with Barbiri Berry and Flamethrower a great way to check Scizor. With access to Stealth Rock, Softboiled and Knock Off the amount of utility provided is amazing.
Clefable @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Set Suggestions
All your sets are pretty close to perfect, but there are a couple things I'd tweak.

:Tapu Bulu:
Choice Band is a great option here, though depending on what option above you go with, there could be a better set to synergize with your team. A Swords Dance set is a great way to break down both Steel and Poison as Tapu Bulu has strong coverage to hit both in Close Combat and High Horsepower with a bit of recovery in it's STAB Horn Leech (combined with Terrain).
Bimsicott (Tapu Bulu) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- High Horsepower
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Another option for Tapu Bulu if you do want speed control is to simply switch Choice Band to Choice Scarf and change your nature to Jolly.

:Klefki:
This might just be my personal preference, but I really dislike no attack Klefki. Thunder Wave was great last generation, but I think having Foul Play to discourage the opponent from setting up on you might be more crucial.

:Diancie-Mega:
Just switch the nature from Hasty to Naive. Most priority moves are physical so it's better to reduce the special defense stat as it's slightly less important.

:Azumarill:
If you're running Frustration, you should run Jolly. That set is more specifically to break down Venusaur-Mega, which speed creeps Adamant Azumarill and KO's before you can hit with Frustration. The other option is to just change Frustration to Play Rough for the strong STAB.

Conclusion
The only issue I saw was the potential conflict with Psychic Terrain and your priority users, otherwise your team is looking great so there aren't really more changes that need to be made. There are a lot of options for sets since Fairy is amazingly flexible. Hopefully this helps you and if you have any questions let me know!

Hello and welcome! Fairy is one of my favorite types to use right now in both SS and NDM. I see a couple things on your team that could be changed up and possibly yield better results.

Team Composition
So there are a couple options here. Right now you have Tapu Lele that blocks priority paired with 3 different priority users of your own. That's a big conflict and can cause a lot of issues in games. There are a few lines you can take to switch up your team composition.

Option 1:
:Mimikyu: -> :Tapu Koko:
This change helps in a couple ways. Not only are you removing one of your priority users, but adding another Terrain setter which helps to clear Psychic Terrain and make it less of a conflict. Tapu Koko is great here to not only help break down Flying, but can be a secondary Scizor check with HP Fire and it taking neutral damage from Bullet Punch.

Option 2:
:Tapu Lele: ->:Tapu Koko:
Koko is still great in NDM so it's a clear choice to add here. You'll note that by removing Tapu Lele you lose your speed control, but that's ok because you have Mimikyu and Azumarill with priority and Screens from Klefki to help tank hits.
Tapu Koko @ Expert Belt
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

Option 3:
:Tapu Lele: -> :Clefable:
This change would be to make the team a bit more balanced. Clefable is a great defensive switch in and with Barbiri Berry and Flamethrower a great way to check Scizor. With access to Stealth Rock, Softboiled and Knock Off the amount of utility provided is amazing.
Clefable @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Set Suggestions
All your sets are pretty close to perfect, but there are a couple things I'd tweak.

:Tapu Bulu:
Choice Band is a great option here, though depending on what option above you go with, there could be a better set to synergize with your team. A Swords Dance set is a great way to break down both Steel and Poison as Tapu Bulu has strong coverage to hit both in Close Combat and High Horsepower with a bit of recovery in it's STAB Horn Leech (combined with Terrain).
Bimsicott (Tapu Bulu) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- High Horsepower
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Another option for Tapu Bulu if you do want speed control is to simply switch Choice Band to Choice Scarf and change your nature to Jolly.

:Klefki:
This might just be my personal preference, but I really dislike no attack Klefki. Thunder Wave was great last generation, but I think having Foul Play to discourage the opponent from setting up on you might be more crucial.

:Diancie-Mega:
Just switch the nature from Hasty to Naive. Most priority moves are physical so it's better to reduce the special defense stat as it's slightly less important.

:Azumarill:
If you're running Frustration, you should run Jolly. That set is more specifically to break down Venusaur-Mega, which speed creeps Adamant Azumarill and KO's before you can hit with Frustration. The other option is to just change Frustration to Play Rough for the strong STAB.

Conclusion
The only issue I saw was the potential conflict with Psychic Terrain and your priority users, otherwise your team is looking great so there aren't really more changes that need to be made. There are a lot of options for sets since Fairy is amazingly flexible. Hopefully this helps you and if you have any questions let me know!
Thanks! Half of the reason bulu was there is to erase psychic terrain LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)