Corphish aka Anti Sweeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
192px-Pokémonsprite_341_SWSH.gif

Corphish is not the strongest one on the Pokemon list, especially if you use him when he is Level 1. But his big weakness can be used as one of the biggest threats against sweepers!

Do to the strategy Corphish can be played as a Pivot, but in generell he is a breaker. Not only for stall or walls. For everything.

[SET]
Name: Anti Sweep/Anti Stall/Pivot
Level : 1
Move1: Endeavor
Move2: Aqua Jet
Item : Focus Sash

[SET COMMENT AND STRATEGY]
There is exactly one way how you want to play Corphish. Wait untill a big sweeper kills one of your Pokemon and then you switch Corphish in(or until you can bring him out for 100%). At this round you want to use Endeavor. You will survive with 1HP due to Focus Sash, and because of your extrem slow speed you can bring the opponent's Pokemon down to 1HP. The next round you want to use Aqua Jet. Corphish is not build for the early ant end game. The perfext way to use him is in the mid game to get the end game advantages!
There are some counters to this strategy, but here is the way you handle it:

[COUNTERS AND WHAT TO DO]
- Status Attacks: We can get in big trouble if we fall asleep, get confused or get paralyzed. In this case we can only hope that our Endeavor gets through so that the opponents Pokemon has a maximum of 12HP(Corphish does have 12Hp as maximum health).
We can still bring the opponent down if we get burned or poisoned. Just note that the Focus Sash won't work anymore

- Series Attacks: So in generall Corphish will not attack first and that is why you dont want to use Corphis against Pokemon who use Series Attacks.

- Ghost Pokemon: Sadly there is nothing we could do against Ghost Type Pokemon. We cannot use Corphish against them.

- Hazards: Always have a Defog-Pokemon on your side to setup the entry of Corphish.

- Leftover: Due to this item we cannot kill the Pokemon who holds Leftovers. Just bring him down to 1HP, let him heal with the item, and then you have to finish it with another Pokemon who has either a Priority Attack or is just faster.

- Anything that damages you after your attack: Just do the samething as in "Leftovers".

[EXAMPLES]
I use this Corphish and here are some examples where he absolutly destroyed my enemies:
1.) Garchomp: A swords dance + scale shot Garchomp is very dangerous. But not for our lobster. I brought him down to 1HP but then died due to Rough Skin.
But what happened next was just the win for me. I called my Corviknight out who holds the item Rocky Helmed so either Garchomp will die by touching me, by using an Attack and lose health due to Life orb, OR he has to switch out and loses all of his stat boost!

2.) Zeraora + Kartana: They killed 1 of my Pokemons so I called Corphish out. After the Endevour-Jet combo they had 0HP left.

[Why should I use Corphish?]
There are not that many Ghost Sweepers out there. And if you are a player who fells for getting sweeped you can just use Corphish as a backup to make them a big threat. But in generell you can use Corphish against everyone who is very dangerous for you. Just keep in mind that you don't want to use Corphish in the early and in the end game. The perfect situation is to bring him mid game out to get late game advantages!192px-Pokémonsprite_341_SWSH.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)