Multi-gen Coronavirus Premier League II - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
CPL2_Custom_1.png

thanks to tiki for the banner
All normal tournament rules apply. Replays are required, and play on Smogtours.
Standings

filo.png
Filoviridae Qwilfish vs Choleraichus
1585107875167.png

8-8
Bo5 - Alexander. vs Pohjis
Bo3 - Empo vs Gondra
SS OU - Bloody alfa vs xray
SM OU - Quaze vs le LLiolae
ORAS OU - Santu vs MetalGro$$
BW OU - Mix vs Twixtry
DPP OU - umbreon098 vs SOMALIA
ADV OU - Watchog vs jacob
SS UU - Sage vs Adaam
SS RU - Tricking vs Jrdn
SS NU - Osh vs ict
SM LC - fran17 vs Hamhamhamhamham
BW UU - Chill Shadow vs Sabella
DPP Ubers - Corckscrew vs Lord Thorx
DPP LC - H.M.N.I.P vs Alkione
ADV Ubers - Exiline vs Earthworm

Tiebreak

3-1
Bo5 - Alexander. vs Pohjis
Bo3 - Empo vs xray
SS OU - Tricking vs Twixtry
SS UU - Sage vs Adaam
SM LC - fran17 vs Frania

1585898384122.png
Valley Fever Venusaurs vs Siphylis Sigilyphs
Egusv6O.png

4-10
Bo5 - ABR vs Gilbert arenas
Bo3 - Updated Kanto vs Lusa
SS OU - 100percentpureheat vs mncmt
SM OU - Hayburner vs Spl4sh
ORAS OU - Jytcampbell vs Luigi
BW OU - FMG vs Caetano93
DPP OU - Energy vs Tamahome
ADV OU - Mannat vs kael
SS UU - vivalospride vs Highways
SS RU - EviGaro vs Eternal Spirit
SS NU - Ren-chon vs ggggd
SM LC - Ninjadog vs GOAO
BW UU - bugzinator vs Raichy
DPP Ubers - Skysolo vs snaga
DPP LC - Heysup vs hs
ADV Ubers - pasy_g vs p2

Deadline is Wednesday, April 15th at 11:59 EDT. Schedule publicly and competently to avoid risking activity losses.

Last edited:

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Wigglytuff did a s/o post during Semifinals so I thought I would too.

First off, thank you to TDK, Finchinator, Luigi, rozes, TonyFlygon, and Wigglytuff for giving me the advice and guidance that helped make my first team tour a success. it was incredibly helpful and I appreciate all of you. Special thanks to Finch and rozes who were going to save my ass and post Day 5 when my power went out.

Thank you Perry, Mannat, kjdaas, and Wigglytuff for running the sheet for this tour, as well as Alakazam and Ruft for managing the replay thread. You all did amazing and people like you donating your time makes the world go round.

s/o Raiza TonyFlygon Finchinator for S tier lineup formatting and timeliness. s/o ima for F tier formatting

thank you to all the players who participated, there wouldnt be a tournament without you guys.

gl to the host of CPL3 if it exists, someone draft me

Last edited:
YAHALLO AND WELCOME TO THE UNBIASED PREDICTIONS!!!

Filoviridae Qwilfish (7) vs Choleraichus (5)

Bo5 - Alexander. vs Pohjis | always been a prinz fan and we all know about my stance on mr. ribbon syndrome LOL prinz is favored in like every tier.
Bo3 - Empo vs Gondra | i drank a bit of the empo kool-aid after his crazy run to end last SPL. gondra also had a fire SPL, but he's not as good as empo, who's also been a beast this tour.
SS OU - Bloody alfa vs xray | bloody alfa choked on balls in the only game i've watched him play, and xray's infinitely more proven. big edge
SM OU - Quaze vs le LLiolae | not really a fan of either of these players, honestly. both are 3-3 as well.
ORAS OU - Santu vs MetalGro$$ | metal's like a fish out of water in ORAS, and santu's been a beast since SPL
BW OU - Mix vs Twixtry | both have been solid but mix has been good for both corona pls, so I guess there's that. I'm not really a big believer in twixtry so i guess i'll give a miniscule edge to the italian armada here
DPP OU - umbreon098 vs SOMALIA | idk who the other dude is and somalia's at least proven to be competent in the madhouse
ADV OU - Watchog vs jacob | Watchog has been one of the big winners of corona pl. I think someone will definitely take a flier on him for 3k as a starter next spl; he's been pretty dominant. jacob, meanwhile, hasn't really done anything noteworthy here
SS UU - Sage vs Adaam | sage has had a good tour while adaam has struggled. That being said, I just think Adaam is a better player. As someone who's never really been a big sage fan, I'm willing to take the "gamble" with this one. Small edge.
SS RU - Tricking vs Jrdn | jrdn helped his team make the playoffs with a clutch win today, although bebo choked on balls to make it happen. He's had some decent performances on the big stage as well. unfortunately, he's going up against Clicking, who is easily one of the better players on the site and is definitely better than a random lower tier mainer. big edge
SS NU - Osh vs ict | both are 3-2, and both are pretty similarly skilled right now I would say. tossup it is
SM LC - fran17 vs Hamhamhamhamham | irrelevant players
BW UU - Chill Shadow vs Sabella | sabella also managed to get a clutch win today after getting a pretty easy matchup. he played pretty badly, honestly. That being said, he's a better player than chill shadow so.
DPP Ubers - Micaiah vs Lord Thorx | idk who the hell this dude is but he's been on fire.
DPP LC - H.M.N.I.P vs Alkione | alkione's been a hair better but this tier seems like the variance madhouse to end all variance madhouses. every team's just nonsense ho... GOAO WON A GAME IN 2 MINUTES REAL TIME LOOL like my god. no edge here. coinflip.
ADV Ubers - Exiline vs Earthworm | earthworm seems to be revitalized a bit in this tournament. exiline's been good too, but I'm gonna trust the crust here LOL i have a bit too much respect for earthworm not to.

Valley Fever Venusaurs (4) vs Siphylis Sigilyphs (10)

Bo5 - ABR vs Gilbert arenas | abr's been at the top of his game in both editions of corona pl, and has pretty much smashed everyone in his path. marcop's solid, but he's definitely not as good as prime abr.
Bo3 - Updated Kanto vs Lusa | kanto's struggled a bit while lusa's had a relatively average campaign, although he did clinch us a spot in the playoffs with a nice showing against floppy. I believe a bit too much in kanto, though.
SS OU - 100percentpureheat vs mncmt | the other guy's probably a meme, and THE FAKE JAMVAD HAS ASCENDED!!! He's been smashing everyone in corona pl, and he's somehow in the semis of OST too. That throw by CTC in the SPL semifinals really kick-started this man's career my god. big edge
SM OU - Hayburner vs Spl4sh | spl4sh has been terrible this tour LOOL jesus his game last week gave me cancer HE THREW VENUSAUR FOR NO REASON DSJKFJDKJ he had a solid corona pl 1, though, managing to go 4-4 despite some bad luck. I normally would never bold him here, but I just think hayburner's an absolutely terrible player. miniscule edge.
ORAS OU - Jytcampbell vs Luigi | never been a big jyt fan, and luigi's been heat. big edge
BW OU - FMG vs Caetano93 | fmg's relatively solid, but the doctor put himself on the map with a nice SPL showing. He's clearly taking no prisoners, as his plays against CBB in a must-win scenario need to be seen to be believed; this dude really had the balls to raw focus punch a thundurus-t with a breloom on turn 1 LOOOOL jesus
DPP OU - Energy vs Tamahome | Laurel's good enough to start in the thinking gen in SPL, but Tama's one of the best DPPers of all time. He's been a massive force this tour too
ADV OU - Mannat vs kael | bolding kael after this dude brought SUBSTITUTE SKARMORY IN 2020 hurts my soul LOOL I'm assuming we'll force feed him a non boomer team this time, though HOPEFULLY. I have no real reason to believe mannat is competent in adv, although I'm sure with his tryharding nature he's probably good enough to win this. That being said, kael has infinitely more history here, and that's enough for a miniscule edge in this one.
SS UU - vivalospride vs Highways | vivalospride has a way better record so i guess he can have a miniscule edge just off that in this match of randoms
SS RU - EviGaro vs Eternal Spirit | evigaro's proven she can hang with the best of the mainers on the big stage...but THE MAGICIAN is a different animal. Gama's one of the best sheet warriors in Smogon history, and he's been on an absolute tear this tour. I don't think a mainer can stop the ascended Magician.
SS NU - Ren-chon vs ggggd | NOOOOOOOOO I still don't know why we did't get ren-chon tbh LOOL he was pretty decent last corona pl. that being said, I think pablo's a far more talented player and should be able to take this one.
SM LC - Ninjadog vs GOAO | ninjadog's been pretty mediocre and goao's been taking names for the past 2 tours. decent edge
BW UU - bugzinator vs Raichy | I would normally have bolded bugzinator here since I'm a fan of his talent, but raichy's been pretty impressive this tour; he was solid last tour as well. bugz is currently below .500, so gonna give a miniscule edge to raichy here
DPP Ubers - Skysolo vs snaga | snaga might have played the worst game of the week today LOOOOOOOL his game vs reyscarface gave me cancer OH MY GOD that being said, I have no real reason to believe this random skysolo dude is viable, and he hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire either. coinflip it is.
DPP LC - Heysup vs hs | I've always been a heysup supporter, and he should be able to take this one. Both have been pretty bad this tour, but heysup has way more experience and I've always been a believer in his abilties.
ADV Ubers - pasy_g vs p2 | I never drank the pasy-g kool-aid, and he hasn't exactly been good. p2 hasn't been too bad, and currently sports a .500 record. no real read here.

Valentine

Banned deucer.
Alexander. vs Pohjis -- prelude to classic?
Empo vs Gondra -- two goats
umbreon098 vs SOMALIA
Sage vs Adaam
Chill Shadow vs Sabella
ABR vs Gilbert arenas -- close
Energy vs Tamahome -- :popcorn:

Thanks to everyone for a fun week
Boat (phiwings99) Thank you for hosting

YAHALLO AND WELCOME TO THE UNBIASED PREDICTIONS!!!

Filoviridae Qwilfish (7) vs Choleraichus (5)

Bo5 - Alexander. vs Pohjis | always been a prinz fan and we all know about my stance on mr. ribbon syndrome LOL prinz is favored in like every tier.
Bo3 - Empo vs Gondra | i drank a bit of the empo kool-aid after his crazy run to end last SPL. gondra also had a fire SPL, but he's not as good as empo, who's also been a beast this tour.
SS OU - Bloody alfa vs xray | bloody alfa choked on balls in the only game i've watched him play, and xray's infinitely more proven. big edge
SM OU - Quaze vs le LLiolae | not really a fan of either of these players, honestly. both are 3-3 as well.
ORAS OU - Santu vs MetalGro$$ | metal's like a fish out of water in ORAS, and santu's been a beast since SPL
BW OU - Mix vs Twixtry | both have been solid but mix has been good for both corona pls, so I guess there's that. I'm not really a big believer in twixtry so i guess i'll give a miniscule edge to the italian armada here
DPP OU - umbreon098 vs SOMALIA | idk who the other dude is and somalia's at least proven to be competent in the madhouse
ADV OU - Watchog vs jacob | Watchog has been one of the big winners of corona pl. I think someone will definitely take a flier on him for 3k as a starter next spl; he's been pretty dominant. jacob, meanwhile, hasn't really done anything noteworthy here
SS UU - Sage vs Adaam | sage has had a good tour while adaam has struggled. That being said, I just think Adaam is a better player. As someone who's never really been a big sage fan, I'm willing to take the "gamble" with this one. Small edge.
SS RU - Tricking vs Jrdn | jrdn helped his team make the playoffs with a clutch win today, although bebo choked on balls to make it happen. He's had some decent performances on the big stage as well. unfortunately, he's going up against Clicking, who is easily one of the better players on the site and is definitely better than a random lower tier mainer. big edge
SS NU - Osh vs ict | both are 3-2, and both are pretty similarly skilled right now I would say. tossup it is
SM LC - fran17 vs Hamhamhamhamham | irrelevant players
BW UU - Chill Shadow vs Sabella | sabella also managed to get a clutch win today after getting a pretty easy matchup. he played pretty badly, honestly. That being said, he's a better player than chill shadow so.
DPP Ubers - Micaiah vs Lord Thorx | idk who the hell this dude is but he's been on fire.
DPP LC - H.M.N.I.P vs Alkione | alkione's been a hair better but this tier seems like the variance madhouse to end all variance madhouses. every team's just nonsense ho... GOAO WON A GAME IN 2 MINUTES REAL TIME LOOL like my god. no edge here. coinflip.
ADV Ubers - Exiline vs Earthworm | earthworm seems to be revitalized a bit in this tournament. exiline's been good too, but I'm gonna trust the crust here LOL i have a bit too much respect for earthworm not to.

Valley Fever Venusaurs (4) vs Siphylis Sigilyphs (10)

Bo5 - ABR vs Gilbert arenas | abr's been at the top of his game in both editions of corona pl, and has pretty much smashed everyone in his path. marcop's solid, but he's definitely not as good as prime abr.
Bo3 - Updated Kanto vs Lusa | kanto's struggled a bit while lusa's had a relatively average campaign, although he did clinch us a spot in the playoffs with a nice showing against floppy. I believe a bit too much in kanto, though.
SS OU - 100percentpureheat vs mncmt | the other guy's probably a meme, and THE FAKE JAMVAD HAS ASCENDED!!! He's been smashing everyone in corona pl, and he's somehow in the semis of OST too. That throw by CTC in the SPL semifinals really kick-started this man's career my god. big edge
SM OU - Hayburner vs Spl4sh | spl4sh has been terrible this tour LOOL jesus his game last week gave me cancer HE THREW VENUSAUR FOR NO REASON DSJKFJDKJ he had a solid corona pl 1, though, managing to go 4-4 despite some bad luck. I normally would never bold him here, but I just think hayburner's an absolutely terrible player. miniscule edge.
ORAS OU - Jytcampbell vs Luigi | never been a big jyt fan, and luigi's been heat. big edge
BW OU - FMG vs Caetano93 | fmg's relatively solid, but the doctor put himself on the map with a nice SPL showing. He's clearly taking no prisoners, as his plays against CBB in a must-win scenario need to be seen to be believed; this dude really had the balls to raw focus punch a thundurus-t with a breloom on turn 1 LOOOOL jesus
DPP OU - Energy vs Tamahome | Laurel's good enough to start in the thinking gen in SPL, but Tama's one of the best DPPers of all time. He's been a massive force this tour too
ADV OU - Mannat vs kael | bolding kael after this dude brought SUBSTITUTE SKARMORY IN 2020 hurts my soul LOOL I'm assuming we'll force feed him a non boomer team this time, though HOPEFULLY. I have no real reason to believe mannat is competent in adv, although I'm sure with his tryharding nature he's probably good enough to win this. That being said, kael has infinitely more history here, and that's enough for a miniscule edge in this one.
SS UU - vivalospride vs Highways | vivalospride has a way better record so i guess he can have a miniscule edge just off that in this match of randoms
SS RU - EviGaro vs Eternal Spirit | evigaro's proven she can hang with the best of the mainers on the big stage...but THE MAGICIAN is a different animal. Gama's one of the best sheet warriors in Smogon history, and he's been on an absolute tear this tour. I don't think a mainer can stop the ascended Magician.
SS NU - Ren-chon vs ggggd | NOOOOOOOOO I still don't know why we did't get ren-chon tbh LOOL he was pretty decent last corona pl. that being said, I think pablo's a far more talented player and should be able to take this one.
SM LC - Ninjadog vs GOAO | ninjadog's been pretty mediocre and goao's been taking names for the past 2 tours. decent edge
BW UU - bugzinator vs Raichy | I would normally have bolded bugzinator here since I'm a fan of his talent, but raichy's been pretty impressive this tour; he was solid last tour as well. bugz is currently below .500, so gonna give a miniscule edge to raichy here
DPP Ubers - Skysolo vs snaga | snaga might have played the worst game of the week today LOOOOOOOL his game vs reyscarface gave me cancer OH MY GOD that being said, I have no real reason to believe this random skysolo dude is viable, and he hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire either. coinflip it is.
DPP LC - Heysup vs hs | I've always been a heysup supporter, and he should be able to take this one. Both have been pretty bad this tour, but heysup has way more experience and I've always been a believer in his abilties.
ADV Ubers - pasy_g vs p2 | I never drank the pasy-g kool-aid, and he hasn't exactly been good. p2 hasn't been too bad, and currently sports a .500 record. no real read here.
Thats the most biased unbiased predictions Ive ever seen shake posting lmao. This man actually drank the brs jerk kool-aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)