SM OU Contrary serperior team

Hi, I’m back with a Serperior team! (⌒▽⌒). Serperior with contrary is Super epic, since it turns all the negative effects of leaf storm into boosts and makes Serperior really strong. So, I made a Serperior team with contrary!
Let me introduce the members of my team: snakey, robot princess, ash-greninja, beee^o^, vulcan, and pexy
1573970429588.gif
1573970375635.gif
1573970465495.gif
1573970517039.gif
1573977701466.png
1573977714402.png
“Hi peeps,” they say
If you would like to listen to music while reading this, I have a bunch of nice ones at the bottom of this RMT so try them out if you want.
Let’s get started on the individual members of the team

1573970641966.gif

Snakey (Serperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

Say hello to Snakey, my Serperior! This snake is the star of the show here(^^). Serperior is awesome with its contrary, which is the main reason why I got it. Leaf storm contrary on Serperior rocks! The HP fire is great since it counters steel types which resist Serperior. Unfortunately, it’s not really bulky, so it can’t counter Ash-greninja. Its special Attack stat isn’t really great, either, but fortunately contrary helps with that ( ◠‿◠ ).
1573976906065.png

Robot princess (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Iron Head

Next, we have this beautiful robot, Magearna! (Named after my username). Princess Magearna is my offence staple and assault vest Magearna helps Serperior fend off passive walls like Ferrothorn (how irritating is Ferrothorn?! (`_´)ゞI heard someone made a poll on that) and Toxapex. Magearna doesn’t have a reliable source of healing, unfortunately, so it’s easy to wear it down. It also has a bad speed stat, so Pokemon like heatran, Lando-T and garchomp, which are quite common (sad life Magearna (*´ー`*) ) can hit it quite hard. But overall, it still works quite well.
(*☻-☻*)

1573978176163.png

Protean (Greninja) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes
Did you notice my ash-greninja’s name? Don’t let Protean’s name fool you, it’s a battle bond set! (This was a joke. Courtesy of my brother). Ash-greninja is my main sweeper. Ash-‘ninja can make good use of spikes and pressure heatran and tornadus-T, and can also take advantage of having it’s counters paralysed by glare. Unfortunately, it also needs to wait to kill one opponent before it can be in its ash form, and it’s normal form will have to go without an ability. Plus, it’s frail. But this set still works for me, please give feedback, because it isn’t the best yet. (Also, I didn’t tell you that it’s battle bond. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )
1573987929142.png

Beee^o^ (Ribombee) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stun Spore
“Beee awesome!^o^ ,” Beee^o^ says. Ribombee is my team’s suicide lead. It’s meant to set up sticky web to slow down Serperior’s opponents so Serperior can kill them before they have a chance to kill it. Even then, some Pokémon can still outspeed it and rapid spin can ruin all of your hard work. v(^_^v)♪ Stun spore helps to paralyse Serperior’s counters. Ribombee has a bunch of large weaknesses though, and it is ridiculously frail (*´ー`*). It’s Super easy to 2HKO it, even if ribombee resists it. It’s mostly meant for suicide lead though, so it’s ok for it to die as long as it has done it’s job.

1573989338746.png

Vulcan (Heatran) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
Say hi to Vulcan, the god of volcanoes. (In Roman mythology) Heatran is meant to attract the attention of water types so serperior can kill them, ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ and can set up stealth rock too. Plus, it can counter Serperior’s steel type counters. However, heatran has no good form of healing, so it can be worn down over time with entry hazards and even moves that it resists, like hurricane, over time. It’s speed, which is only average, also makes it vulnerable to offensive Pokemon.(^ー^)
1573989931049.png

Pexy (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic
Now, I’ve saved the best for the last. Let’s have a round of applause for this sexy ‘pexy!(^O^☆♪ Toxapex can keep ash-greninja in check, as well threatening fire types like heatran, volcarona and mega-charizard Y. It’s also great for spreading status with its toxic and for stopping set-up sweepers with haze. Its offensive stats are bad, but it’s there more to annoy than to attack so that’s fine. (☝︎ ՞ਊ ՞)☝︎ It does its job well with scald to burn its opponents too.

Now that’s the end of this RMT, I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading, please leave lots of positive feedback(heaven knows I really need it) and have an awesome day (or night, depending on what’s the time on your side of the world as you’re reading this)!
here’s the music I mentioned at the start of this:
(This song is in Japanese, but it is soothing and relaxing, and it’s one of my favourites)

Bye everyone, see you in idk how long!(●´ω`●)

Attachments

Last edited:
Ok I got a replay where I was killed by a psychic spam team. Tapu bull did not work out for me. So here it is, please give feedback.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1011742934

Indeed...
ok, I watched the replay you included and I actually know the team that your opponent used, it is called "Modern LeleZam" and it was posted in this RMT forum last week. No offence, but you made some stupid decisions in that game, the biggest one which cost you the game is when you swapped out serperior, you had webs on the field, AND a plus 1 speed, so you couldve outsped EVERY mon on their team and swept with leaf storm.

As for a mon which answers these psychics, I would suggest Mega Scizor, or Celesteela. Yes, Celesteela is usually a stally mon, which wouldn't work on a hyper offence team such as this one, but you can run an offensive set with Autotomize which I have used in the past and has resulted in over a dozen rage quits, it works very well. I have left the set below.
Celesteela @ Metronome
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower

[QUOTE
No offence, but you made some stupid decisions in that game, the biggest one which cost you the game is when you swapped out serperior, you had webs on the field, AND a plus 1 speed, so you couldve outsped EVERY mon on their team and swept with leaf storm.
I know, I’m actually a noob, I joined quite a while ago, but I haven’t been using smogon for awhile due to some stuff I had to do IRL, so I’m out of practice. And no offence taken.
(I’ve never been that good at Pokemon battles actually. I just like battling)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)