SS PU Constructive Criticism for my PU team

Just wanted some feedback on improving this team. Stuck in the 1400s, and just wondering how I could make it better

Charizard @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Defog

Pretty basic set. Mostly deals with fairy types (Comfey and Whimsicott) that mess up the rest of the team, plus shutting down Ferroseed with fire blast and defog. Can’t do anything against gigalith, which feels like it’s on every team

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Switcheroo
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Psychic

I feel like this is probably the weakest part of the team. I put it on just to have something to deal with quagsire. It’s fine, it can stop fighting and dark types, more important since guzzlord moved down. The problem though is that it just gets walled too often. I put psychic instead of u turn just to hit weezing and garbodor, but even then, psychic just misses the Ohkos on them. Steel resists everything it has. I need the coverage, but I just feel like even with specs, it’stoo weak.

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Hex
- Recover

Jellicent is an awesome physical wall. Stops fighting types in their tracks (except shed skin scrafty). Switches in to fighting moves, and can wisp on the knock off because of colbur berry. Wisp cripples stuff early game, and hex lets it win a surprising amount of 1v1s late game.

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Just a basic wish passer. Completely responsible for keeping the rest of the team healthy with heal bell, but can also toxic stall late game. I experimented with aromtisse, but regenerator is way too good to pass up.

Lycanroc-Midnight @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge

Leads against sash sticky web leads with stone edge and sucker punch. After the first two turns, it’s not amazing, because of it’s speed, but 100% accurate stone edge is usually ends up being useful.

Sandaconda @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- High Horsepower
- Rest
- Stone Edge

Sandaconda’s potential varies wildly from game to game, but pulls off really nice sweeps once the opposing team is weakened, and sometimes just straight up 6-0s. I put high horsepower instead of earthquake to avoid the grassy terrain debuff.

Does Charizard still benefit from Solar Power w/o a drought Mon? And where are you getting grassy terrain from for Sandaconda to need high horsepower? If steels are a big issue you could run Shadow Ball over Psychic. It at least hits poisons neutrally, if not SE.

Yeah I guess blaze would be way more useful than solar power. I don’t know why I changed it in the first place. High horsepower though is for facing teams based around grassy surge thwackey. Obviously I wouldn’t be using a ground move on thwackey, but it helps to stop it’s teammates, like grassy seed hitmonlee. Plus coil makes it so that the small difference in accuracy and power barely matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)