Comunity Create-A-Team Discussion topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used Miltank to great success (even posted an RMT on the team), but it takes quite a while to set up leaving it very prone to critical hits. Every turn I'd find myself sweeping with it, I'd pray a critical hit doesn't occur, but they usually do anyway. Only good thing is that it outspeeds things like Rhyperior even after a Curse or else it would be terrible as a curser. A CB EQ 2KOs even after a Curse. Stone Edge is even worse with that boosted critical hit rate. :(

Also, it seems like nowadays all physical teams carry a fighting type or Rhyperior (or even both) just because of Clefable.

Edit: I'd actually like to try Manectric, but Arcanine KOs with Extremespeed after SR and LO damage I think so why show a calc on Arcanine? Unless I'm missing something.

Why not use Golduck with Choice Specs and Water Spout in this team? It hits hard, has Cloud Nine to stop opposing Weather Teams, and can seriously mess with the foe's head... Water Spout really? It's more powerful than any moves Specs Venemoth would
have and gets strong coverage:

Golduck: @ Choice Specs
Timid
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD

Ice Beam
Water Spout
Hidden Power Grass
Hydro Pump / Psychic
Golduck cannot learn Water Spout on Shoddy Battle.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Whew, came back. You know, it's alright to dispute other people's claims because the very final list needs to be perfect before I hand it over to Franky. Updating OP.

It learns Water Sport, I think. I used to own that event. If it is Water Spout then I'd definitely use it.

I checked the event website called secure and they both happened to learn Water Sport, not Water Spout. :(

Supporting Miltank, because Miltank can be a really annoying tank/support-mon/anchor. Spreads paralysis like a pro, not even ghosts are safe. Toxic Spikes can't break Miltank due to Heal Bell.

At the same time, Miltank is, of course, flawed, which is where CAP comes in. A lack of raw power without Curses allows for varied Pokemon that also fulfill clear roles.

Why not use Golduck with Choice Specs and Water Spout in this team? It hits hard, has Cloud Nine to stop opposing Weather Teams, and can seriously mess with the foe's head... Water Spout really? It's more powerful than any moves Specs Venemoth would have and gets strong coverage:

Golduck: @ Choice Specs
Timid
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD

Ice Beam
Water Spout
Hidden Power Grass
Hydro Pump / Psychic

Otherwise a Mixed set with Cross Chop / Low Kick for Clefable, Chansey, Kangaskhan, Miltank, Registeel, Ursaring, Regice, Lickilicky etc. could be useful if it holds Expert Belt:

Golduck: @ Expert Belt

Water Spout

Low Kick
Hidden Power Grass
Ice Beam
I edited in the 2nd set, & remember

Serebii recently uploaded a dex of Events.
Cacnea (therefore Cacturne) getting Encore, Corphish (Crawdaunt) & Psyduck (Golduck) both getting Water Spout.

proof is Here: http://www.serebii.net/events/2005.shtml

to quickly find do Ctrl + F, then type in the Find box "Water Spout", then delete, then try it for "Encore".

Additionally, Pichu can learn Surf in the same page, which means its Surf movepool as a Pikachu isn't as limited. (Pokemon Box Event).

Shellder gets Teleport, and Icicle Spear in a 2006 Event: http://www.serebii.net/events/2006.shtml

Nas

Banned deucer.
How about SD Kabutops? People need to realize that Kabutops is a very potent sweeper even outside of the Rain, and with a little support it can very easily rip through stall teams and offensive teams alike. I think it would be an interesting pokemon to make a team around, as opposed to already common pokemon such as Absol or Torterra.

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
How about SD Kabutops? People need to realize that Kabutops is a very potent sweeper even outside of the Rain, and with a little support it can very easily rip through stall teams and offensive teams alike. I think it would be an interesting pokemon to make a team around, as opposed to already common pokemon such as Absol or Torterra.

As much as it pains me to do this, i agree 100% with the noob who posted above me. It's one of the mons with the least amount of counters and it's very underutilized and underappreciated.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
SD Kabutops is definitely a good idea. So is SD Pinsir, SD Zangoose...there are so many viable Swords Dancers in UU. Probably the theme of our first CCAT should be something simple like "a team built around supporting a fast and powerful boosting sweeper" or "a team built around supporting a bulky, tankish sweeper".

How about Trick Room? UU certainly has no shortage of slow, bulky, powerful sweepers, and it's definitely something you don't see too often. I've used Trick Room to get on the leaderboard before, so it can't be that bad.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We're not doing this. These things are the dumbest waste of time and most annoying pc++ topics in the world. This isn't how a team is built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)