- Toxic

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Ability: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpAtk, 4 HP
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Giga Drain
- Volt Switch

This is a team I've been working on for a little while, and it feels great, but isn't quite what I want it to be yet. I'll go in order of importance:

Cofagrigus is a real gem. This set usually lets me set up a couple of layers of Toxic Spikes and kill at least one other pokemon on the opponent's team in the process. The best move in his set is Trick Room; it's usually the first move I use, and if the opponent has a 2HKO on me, I can throw up the Destiny Bond and take them out. This is really useful against physical sweepers, especially ones that use Dark-type moves, since most of them can't OHKO because of Coffy's amazing DEF but most have the 2HKO, making them prime Destiny Bond victims. Usually I like to lead with him, letting him serve as an excellent suicide lead. Shadow ball lets me scare opponents into attacking him, trying to out-damage him- and, under Trick Room, this obviously ends pretty badly for them.

Florges covers my need for a special wall, and works well in tandem with Coffy. She passes wishes with huge ease, since her SpDef is astronomical, and the team has the typing it needs to switch as often as it likes. Protect is there so that she can stay in to receive her own wishes if need be, and helps her to stall out pokemon when Toxic Spikes are up, or when they're poisoned by Crobat. Aromatherapy helps keep her and everybody else from being toxic stalled, and in combination with Wish, can save pokemon from some seriously rough spots with the right amount of prediction. Moonblast is there to take advantage of her above-average SpAtk stat, as even without investment it can put some dents in pokemon that help Toxic poison to do its job and force tough decisions. It also helps against Taunt users (whom are often dark-types that are hit supereffectively by Fairy-type STAB). She's an amazing cleric and helps keep the team alive, and can stall out other tanks with ease.

Galvantula is a pokemon that i've lately been rethinking. It's pretty much the average Galv set, except I opted for Giga Drain instead of Bug Buzz to get some surprise KOs on pokemon that can otherwise handle Galv, like Donphan or Quagsire. Stick web is hugely useful for the team, as most of them have only slightly above-average speed stats (with the exception of Crobat, obviously). Thunder, being STAB and hella powerful, is able to snag a few OHKOs after the Life Orb boost, most notably Mega Blastoise, and Volt Switch is another option if I'd prefer to let an opponent's poisoned pokemon die out in a couple of turns to set up with Cloyster or pass some wishes with Florges. Overall not my best pokemon, but comes in handy pretty often.

Milotic is the team's special sweeper. Her ability, Competitive, is hugely underrated, and gives her a +2 SpAtk boost whenever she has a stat lowered- in other words, whenever she comes in and is hit by Sticky Web or Defog. Hydro Pump, boosted by both Life Orb and STAB, is plain scary, dealing pretty heavy damage to pokemon that don't resist it. Ice Beam is great for dragons and flying-types, and HP Grass helps manage the Water types that like to wall her (specifically, Blastoise and Suicune). Recover helps alleviate Life Orb damage and helps her to avoid being out-tanked by some of the weaker but more defensive pokemon that try to take her out. I think a baton passer that can give her some speed would be useful, though I'm not sure how best to implement this. Suggestions?

This Cloyster set is tried and true, and it's been the one I've used since Gen 4. It's absolutely brilliant to watch her completely annihilate opponents that let it set up. She gets quite a few switch-ins, since her raw physical defense is so amazing, and if I bring her in on something Scarfed into a neutral physical attack (which isn't really that rare), it's gg. She's honestly an old favorite of mine and is soo useful on the team. She obviously struggles with Stealth Rock and with Special attacks (she can't really take a single special attack that isn't Ice type and not die from it), but in return she has the power to become an almost unstoppable game-finishing force. ily cloyster <3

And then there's Crobat. The most recent addition to the team, he replaced my Eelketross, whose ground immunity was invaluable but who didn't have any utility value nor packed the punch that I was really looking for in him. In addition, Crobat brings Defog to the table, which can help get rid of hazards. The only issue is that my team often is hurt more by this than is helped, as it thrives under Stick Web and relies on Toxic Spikes to stall out defensive pokemon. Brave bird is really useful as an option when I dont want to switch and want to put some pressure on the opponent. Roost helps Crobat to stall out other pokemon in Tandem with Toxic. Inflitrator is plain better than Keen Eye, so I run it. Not a ton to be said, but the Grass resist is appreciated by the team and the ground immunity is as well. I've been thinking about running a more offensive EV spread, though his longevity due to his HP investment has come HUGELY in handy in most of the games I've used him in.

Overall, the team has amazing synergy, and I win about 90% of games I play with it (even though I know it seems a bit unconventional and shaky on paper). Pokemon I really struggle against are: Metagross, Houndoom, Suicune, and realistically most Mega evolutions. Let me know what you guys think- I'm really proud of what this team has accomplished, and want to try to keep it as similar as it is, but I also recognize it needs some work and I'm open to improvement. Thanks!!

Last edited:
I would use a Focus sash on Cloyster instead of a life orb. Focus sash is a lot more helpful because of special attacks that Cloyster can't take and almost always being able to get a Shell Smash off.

SpaceCake That's very true, do you find that the sash gets broken by hazards often though? Or is it not really as much of a problem in UU, I'm sort of new to the meta aside from playing this team the last couple of weeks or so.

SpaceCake That's very true, do you find that the sash gets broken by hazards often though? Or is it not really as much of a problem in UU, I'm sort of new to the meta aside from playing this team the last couple of weeks or so.
Since Crobat has defog sash is a lot more helpful alternatively, you could use King's rock but KR cloyster is shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)