ORAS OU ClutchABro

Which Pokemon Should I switch out? (Please leave a comment below of a suggestion)

• Clefable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magnezone

• Slowbro

• Dragonite

• Total voters
Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 180 HP / 72 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Focus Blast

Let's Start with Clefable. For starters, I felt that I direly need a semi physical tank as well as a real brute of a special attacker. Typically used as my lead, I chose the moveset to help with Dragon and Steel types such as dragonite and ferrothorn. I have tried multiple builds, and this seems to synergise well with Chansey and Slowbro.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic/Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Next Up. Chansey. The Special Defense Blob. As the EVs show, it is used specifically for walling any and all special attackers. With the Moveset listed, I have either been toxic stalling or slowing down the enemy team with a thunder wave. I have, however, been testing out Toxic and Thunder Wave to decide which one may fit the best, however, after many matches, they were very situational.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Magnezone has definitely been a fairly good pokemon, pretty bulky, as well as a danger to many pokemon such as weavile (a large threat to dragonite), other steel types (danger to Clefable), and a few others. The purpose for the choice scarf as well as max SpA and Spe Evs were to ensure that the bulky wonder was capable of getting the first hit when it switches in.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Slowbro has been there through the thick and thin. This pokemon is the Sub-Tank, Calm Mind sweeper. With 252 HP, 80 Def, 176 SpD, and the Moveset above, it allows a large amount of sustain to ensure that I will be able to get the calm minds off with ease. I chose this moveset mainly for the fact that it can penetrate both physical and special walls through the use of psyshock and scald.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Earthquake

Infernape has done a fairly decent job in the role of a mixed attacker, able to stop swamperts in their tracks, hinder the use of any set-uppers, as well as do a large amount of damage to neutral targets. With the EVs listed, I wanted to obtain a quick attacking glass cannon. This pokemon has quite a large movepool, however, I wanted to be able to use it to cover any weaknesses that I may have.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Fire Punch

Finally, Dragonite, the End Game Sweeper. With a Choice Banded, Adamant Nature, Max Speed and Attack EVs, this pokemon is the last line of defense, with the only mission of getting rid of any low health pokemons. With the moveset listed, I am able to defeat most pokemon without needing to Dragon Dance, for the choice band instantly gives me a similar +1 without having to actually use it. Extreme Speed is the #1 ability that he can have right now, finishing off weak pokemon with ease, swapping out, if danger arises.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)