Clefable's ability, Magic Guard.

I have been on shoddy for a while now, and after a bit of mucking around with it, i have noticed something. Something that shouldn't happen.

Since the pokemon "Clefable" is one of my favourite pokemon, and it's lower tiered, I use it alot. And I've noticed that when Clefable is paralyzed or "crippled" it can be fully paralyzed or some people call it "parahaxed".

I didn't think this should happen, after some checking over smogon, I found out it really can't be "parahaxed".

This is the exact words of what it says...
"This Pokemon can be paralyzed, and its Speed will be reduced in that case, but it cannot be fully paralyzed."

You can find this here: http://www.smogon.com/dp/abilities/magic_guard

I just want this glitch to be fixed. Hopefully someone sees this thread and changes it. If not, I'll build a bridge and get over it. Although being my favourite pokemon, I can live without the change.

The last time this came up I uploaded a patch to the SourceForge tracker so we're only waiting for one of the project admins to commit it...

It's a little odd though, Magic Guard supposedly only blocks indirect damage according to the main part of the description. Just seems a little odd that it randomly prevents FP too.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I'm pretty sure I saw a battle (using platinum) where a cleffable was parahaxed, although I could be mistaken

I support this, after watching this battle and reading the bottom part of this. LucasFTW is actually my brother and he uses clefable in every team, once I told him about this, he goes along and makes a thread about it.

Perhaps that Clefable didn't have Magic Guard.
I run a Clefable with Magic Guard on my UU team. It runs Toxic Orb to block status, but I've accidently switched into T-Wave before, and yes, it can be fully paralyzed on Shoddy.

If this actually is a bug then just go post it in the Bug Tracker.

I can't be too positive on this since I've never been paralyzed with my Clefable before.

It was tested and found that Clefable can't be fully paralyzed a while ago:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1393315&postcount=287

Though, that was in Diamond/Pearl, so this might have changed for Platinum.
Misdreavus stated that he/she tested it on DS. This is a Shoddy glitch.
Well, I find it strange that this happens, maybe an administrator should check it. And after seeing Rysta's video I'm sure that Clefable can't be parahaxed on Wi-Fi, only on Shoddy.
I don't see Clefables that much and/or use it anyway, so I couldn't really test that =S.

EDIT:Never mind, seems they aren't fixing any more Shoddy 1 bugs, and mainly concentrating in Shoddy 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)