Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Clefable stands out as one of the best Pokemon in OU thanks to its amazing typing, passable bulk, good ability, and access to reliable recovery. Its typing and bulk allows it to beat threatening Pokemon like Hawlucha, Choice Band Zygarde, and Mega Lopunny. Magic Guard makes Clefable immune to passive damage like Toxic poison and Stealth Rock, bolstering its ability to take hits. Clefable is an outstanding user of Wish to keep Pokemon like Heatran and Landorus-T from being worn down. Clefable usually struggles against Steel-types like Celesteela, Mega Scizor, and Heatran, which is why Pokemon that can pressure Steel-types such as Heatran and Zygarde are usually good teammates. Clefable is very adaptable to its team thanks to moves like Calm Mind, Knock Off, and Thunder Wave, letting it support any team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-381430 In this game, Clefable can be seen providing excellent support on both teams.

Last edited:
OU TFP QC, bop
Clefable stands out as one of the best Pokemon in OU thanks to its amazing typing, bulk, ability, and access to reliable recovery.
This is a bit nitpicky but I definitely wouldn’t say Clefable has amazing bulk. 95/73/90 is actually rather mediocre, I’d leave it at amazing typing and ability, but if you do want to mention it’s bulk I think passable is a good adjective.
Its typing and bulk allows it to beat threatening Pokemon like Hawlucha, Zygarde, Mega Medicham, and Mega Lopunny.
I wouldn’t say Clefable is able to beat Mega Medicham, without any chip damage whatsoever it has basically a 50% chance to get 2HKOed by Zen Headbutt. I’d also specify most variants of Zygarde, as Weakness Policy can beat non-Knock Off Clef np.
Clefable is very customizable to its team thanks to its wide variety of moves like Wish, Thunder Wave, Knock Off, and even Flamethrower, letting it provide a bunch of different sorts of support for its team.
This is also rather nitpicky, but you don’t really have to mention every single move on its last option, so I’d just cut Flamethrower and Thunder Wave.

Most of this is kinda nitpicky, good job bro. QC 1/1

OU TFP QC, bop
This is a bit nitpicky but I definitely wouldn’t say Clefable has amazing bulk. 95/73/90 is actually rather mediocre, I’d leave it at amazing typing and ability, but if you do want to mention it’s bulk I think passable is a good adjective.I wouldn’t say Clefable is able to beat Mega Medicham, without any chip damage whatsoever it has basically a 50% chance to get 2HKOed by Zen Headbutt. I’d also specify most variants of Zygarde, as Weakness Policy can beat non-Knock Off Clef np.This is also rather nitpicky, but you don’t really have to mention every single move on its last option, so I’d just cut Flamethrower and Thunder Wave.

Most of this is kinda nitpicky, good job bro. QC 1/1
did

e: also did leo's. this is now ready for gp.

Last edited:

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Hi, I know I should've said this earlier when u asked me to look over this but I was busy and then forgot, sorry about that. Anyway, qc agreed on Wish being the far superior choice for clef's last move and it's been edited onto its analysis (I could've sworn it was already first) so make sure to change that to reflect the current move order in the dex, tag me again when you're done with this and I'll give a last check.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
mention twave next to cm and knock, other than that this looks solid good job 2/2

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Clefable stands out as one of the best Pokemon in OU thanks to its amazing typing, passable bulk, good ability, and access to reliable recovery. Its typing and bulk allows it to beat threatening Pokemon like Hawlucha, Choice Band Zygarde, and Mega Lopunny. Magic Guard makes Clefable immune to passive damage like Toxic poison and Stealth Rock, bolstering its ability to take hits. Clefable is an outstanding user of Wish to keep Pokemon like Heatran and Landorus-T from being worn down. Clefable usually struggles against Steel-types like Celesteela, Mega Scizor, and Heatran, which is why Pokemon that can pressure Steel-types such as Heatran and Zygarde are usually good teammates. Clefable is very customizable adaptable to its team thanks to its variety of moves like Calm Mind, Knock Off, and Thunder Wave, letting it provide a bunch of different sorts of support for its any team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-381430 In this game, Clefable can be seen providing excellent support to on ("to" implies one clef was also supporting the opposing team) both teams.
sry for delay i forgot GP 1/1

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Clefable stands out as one of the best Pokemon in OU thanks to its amazing typing, passable bulk, good ability, and access to reliable recovery. Its typing and bulk allows it to beat threatening Pokemon like Hawlucha, Choice Band Zygarde, and Mega Lopunny. Magic Guard makes Clefable immune to passive damage like Toxic poison and Stealth Rock, bolstering its ability to take hits. Clefable is an outstanding user of Wish to keep Pokemon like Heatran and Landorus-T from being worn down. Clefable usually struggles against Steel-types like Celesteela, Mega Scizor, and Heatran, which is why Pokemon that can pressure Steel-types such as Heatran and Zygarde are usually good teammates. Clefable is very adaptable to its team thanks to moves like Calm Mind, Knock Off, and Thunder Wave, letting it support any team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-381430 In this game, Clefable can be seen providing excellent support on both teams.
sry for delay i forgot GP 1/1
implemented, thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)