clefable is a secret sweeper! (OU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my past team was a baton passing ninjask into a belly drumming clefable. i soon noticed it wasnt the best combo to set up a sweep with Clef. so i re thought my team and how i could get a sweep with the beast thats clefable. (sorry if you dont think the same :b)

So this is my new team for my Clef. Let's go into detail now.

Metagross @OccaBerry
Nature-Adament
Trait-Clear Body
EV: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Speed

Moveset:
Stealth Rocks
Earth Quake
Bullet Punch
Explosion
My lead metagross. I have him to set up SR to make my clef's sweep easier. i chose him over a suicide lead because i wanted a lead that could KO at least one poke, and resist dragon type moves.

Tentacruel @Leftovers
Nature-Calm
Trait-Liquid ooze
EV: 252 HP / 120 Def / 132 SpD

Moveset:
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Surf
HP Electric
My TSer and Rapid Spinner. Come in after metagross goes down and set up spikes, and rapid spin any entry hazards away. Again, this poke is here to make my Clef have an easier time sweeping.

Gengar @Life orb
Nature-Timid
Trait-Levitate
EV: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Speed

Moveset:
Shadow Ball
Thunder Bolt
Focus Blast
HP Fire
My only other non support poke. A special attacking beast with 394 SpA. Also carries the Tbolt just in case i run into a water type because if you didn't notice....my teams not exactly great against water types like suciune and vaporeon. basically my back up poke or if theres a poke i need gone before my Clef comes out, i send this in.

Umbreon @Leftovers
Nature-Careful
Trait-Synchronise
EV: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Speed

Moveset:
Mean Look
Baton Pass
Yawn
Wish
The main baton passer in my team. His whole goal is to Mean Look, Yawn, then baton pass to ninjask, where he takes over from there. Wish is there just in case any of my pokes take some damage. Ideally i want to yawn a poke my clef can OHKO or a poke my clef can set up on.

Ninjask @Focus Sash
Nature-Jolly
Trait-Speed Boost
EV: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Speed

Moveset:
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Protect
Substitute
A pure baton passer. he's here to mainly pass his speed boosts, the SD are there just incase my umbreon fails at what he does. i SD on the first turn it comes in (along with the speed boost) and possible baton pass second turn depending on how the battles going. i usually set up a sub on second turn, and then baton pass on the third.

lol cakes ^_^

Clefable @Life Orb
Nature-Adament
Trait-Magic Guard
EV: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Speed

Moveset:
Belly drum
Double Edge
Soft boil
Fire Punch
My sweeper. with magic guard, i can have life orb and double edge and KO everything (ill have some calcs) and for things like Skarmory i have fire punch. hopefully, ill be behind a sub so i can belly drum, soft boil up, and sweep. here are some calcs to show how much it does: (after belly drum)
Double edge VS. Rest talking Gyarados-144.3%
Double edge VS. Rest talking Snorlax-121.6%
Double edge VS. Defense Bulky Skarmory-58%-68%
Fire Punch VS. Defense Bulky Skarm-97.1%-114.4%
^^^^thats why i have stealth rocks!^^^^
So there's my new Clef team, didnt actually have a chance to make it. its my "dream" team....see wut i did thar...dream world....DREAM team.... >_>

you should probably test the team before you post, so you can see what troubles you and make your own adjustments.

I can see you have a bit of a weakness to Fighting+Dark, and thus you'll probably struggle with Bulk Up Roopushin. With enough boosts nothing on your team likes taking his attacks.

Baton Pass will no longer pass the Mean Look/Spider Web trap effect, so you may want to revise your strategy a bit.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Please check the rules before posting, rule 16 in particular. You can fix most of your problems by just playing with your team before posting it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)