Media Classic Megaman Discussion

I am far from an expert on megaman having only played 2 of the games, with me not finishing the first and having finished the other years ago. Now, my question for you: I played a megaman game where the main base/level hub was some trailers hooked up together, almost like a train but with no tracks. Do you know what game this is, cause I've been really wanting to play it again cause I have some pretty fond memories of it. One more thing that might help is that I think there was a level that had an "overheat" mechanic of sorts, where you had to hide under platforms so that the light shining from above wouldn't deal damage to you. I could be remembering this from the game I never finished, but I don't think so. One more thing, I emulated it so it was most likely a GBA game. Thanks in advance!

I am far from an expert on megaman having only played 2 of the games, with me not finishing the first and having finished the other years ago. Now, my question for you: I played a megaman game where the main base/level hub was some trailers hooked up together, almost like a train but with no tracks. Do you know what game this is, cause I've been really wanting to play it again cause I have some pretty fond memories of it. One more thing that might help is that I think there was a level that had an "overheat" mechanic of sorts, where you had to hide under platforms so that the light shining from above wouldn't deal damage to you. I could be remembering this from the game I never finished, but I don't think so. One more thing, I emulated it so it was most likely a GBA game. Thanks in advance!
Megaman Zero 4. The level is Sol Titanion's stage. You are correct in it being a GBA game.

I don't really like mega man 11 but it's probably fine for a first entry even though it has mm7/8 style graphics and the dual gear system. (Which basically lets you speed yourself up or power up your weapons on a limited basis)

My personal favorite is mega man 9, that game is just so clean, with killer weapons, stages, bosses and music. I've played it so many times and done buster only, which was a real pain on final wily.

Mm11 is similarly also good, the weapons are purposefully a bit harder to use (except the triple blades lol) but it's still a good experience. I trust almost anything this developer does, given that they were able to make sequels this faithful that long after the fact and iirc they were also responsible for the great Castlevania 3 reimaginings in Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 1 and 2.

Out of the proper NES titles, they've all got their own issues, but it's probably 2 > 4 > 1 > 3 > 6 > 5. I also have fond memories of 4, and was happy to buster only that one as well.

Suppose I should also actually answer the first questions as well.

I was starting to get more serious in gaming around the time MM9 and MM10 were coming out, though I missed out on their first release as a result of not really understanding downloadable games at the time. I actually first played the NES games on 3DS virtual console, and since then the series (later joined by Metroid) has had a particular place in my heart.

A lot of times fairly recently, I see a classic series try to reinvent itself. "It needs to, to get new people to play it" goes the line. Megaman goes against that. It's a 35-year-old formula that was great and still is great. It shows that there is reason to have a sturdy foundation in uncertain times.

Of the classic series, my favourites are 6, 9, and 11. 6 I recall having the best time with when I was getting started, 9 for holding up to year's worth of personal hype when I finally played using the Legacy collection, and 11 for keeping the series current without tossing what made it good. I can't say I'm a big fan of 8. The art style doesn't hold up as well as pixels, and it has a few too many gimmick levels.

Wow a megaman discussion thread I never thought I'd see this

My favorite megaman games are megaman zero 1-4. I really enjoyed the consistency
of the storyline and generally the game play.
Was also nice to see megaman ZX pick up from zero 4 (just in the future) never played ZX advent but looks Hella good. I'm upset they stopped making games after that I was really a fan ):

Played megaman 64 for the Nintendo 64, was one of my favorite games I even still have a copy 16649838014804014821500392262566.jpg

Some of the Gameboy titles are underrated, they rarely seem to be mentioned.

Megaman IV and V (or Rockman World IV and V) are really solid titles. Great levels, decent challenge, and cutscenes that don't look half bad for the hardware. The fifth one is the only one in the World series that doesn't re-use robot masters from the NES games, there's a whole unique line-up based on the planets. And you get the Mega Arm! Instead of a charge shot you shoot out your fist. It comes back to you and can be upgraded to grab items!
This game is one of my favorites of the classic series, although imo you get more out of it if you played a bunch of NES titles first, then you appreciate the differences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)