move 1: Hydro Pump
move 2: Moonblast
move 3: Muddy Water
move 4: Ice Beam
ability: Misty Surge
nature: Timid / Modest
evs: 24 HP / 228 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Hydro Pump is Tapu Fini's most powerful attack, backed up by STAB and Choice Specs, but can be somewhat unreliable. Hydro Pump can OHKO Heatran, Volcarona and even has a chance to OHKO bulkier pokemon such as Incineroar and Diancie

* Moonblast is able to deal reliable damage to a large portion of the metagame. Moonblast can OHKO powerful threats such as Dragapult, Urshifu and Zapdos-G, as well as also reliably 2HKO pokemon such as Kyurem-Black.

* Muddy Water can be used as a powerful spread move to hit both opponents, as it can chip a large portion of the metagame with the exception of Pokemon who resist it.

* Ice Beam allows for reliable OHKOs against pokemon such as Landorus, Zygarde and Naganadel. Ice beam can also be used for coverage against grass types that might give Tapu Fini trouble such as Rillaboom, Tsareena and Amoonguss.

* 252 Speed EVs with a Timid nature allows Tapu Fini to outspeed Pokemon such as Heatran, Kyurem-Black, Zygarde and Tapu Lele. The 24 HP and 4 SpD EVS ensures Tapu Fini does not get OHKOed by Landorus sludge bomb, and the remaining 228 EVs go into SpA. Trick can also be used as a forth move to help midigate targets such as Incineroar and Amoonguss. A modest nature can be used to OHKO threats such as Incineroar, Kyurem-Black and Diancie.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[MZB, 498451]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:

zoe

Tragic Decision
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
put the (QC 0/2) on this or i will literally combust irl.

[OVERVIEW]
  • "Tapu Fini is able to be a major offensive threat versus a major of the metagame" I assume this is supposed to be majority?
  • Remove the "a" before Moonblast.
  • "Back sacrificing EVs from HP, Defense and Special Defense for Special Attack and Speed......" I assume this is a typo, but to be honest I'd just start this sentence with "Sacrificing" anyways.
  • "....as well as making pokemon such as Rillaboom, Zeraora and Tsareena that much more threatening." remove "that"
[SET COMMENTS]
  • Reminder you cannot shorten moves' names, it HAS to be called Hydro Pump. For that line in general though, I'd definitely just say how Hydro Pump's accuracy can make it unreliable instead of getting specific with the exact numbers.
  • Again, don't bring up exact numbers or get too specific. Yes it's something to be considered, but still there's no need to get specific. Anyways mention how good Muddy Water is at applying chip damage due to it hitting basically everything besides resists hard.
  • Instead of "as well as do a high amount of consist damage to a large portion of the metagame...", say something along the lines of deals good damage to the majority of the metagame.
  • Use "against" instead of "versus" here
  • For the EV line, just say how the Speed is needed to outspeed x and the bulk does y, and then say the rest goes into SpA because that's how it was actually made.
[OTHER OPTIONS]
  • Line about Modest is way too many sentences. You can just say how Modest allows Tapu Fini to OHKO (what it OHKOs) at the cost of being outsped by (whatever outspeeds it without Timid)
  • Say how Trick can cripple a bulkier Pokemon like Porygon2 but can make Tapu Fini dead weight after the fact as well as it being useless in some matchups.
  • I really don't like Scald here, so I'd just remove it.

A LOT of GP errors here. Look over the Spelling and Grammer standards for me before you submit this for another check. You know where to contact me.

zoe

Tragic Decision
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
in

[OVERVIEW]
  • This is good
[SET COMMENTS]
  • Again, do NOT mention specific numbers (i.e 110 BP, 50%) and just be more general (i.e just say how hydro pump is strong and then more into the calcs)
  • Add a word like "However" in front of the last Hydro Pump line, it's jarring as is.
  • "hard resist" isn't a thing so idk what you mean by this.
  • It's OHKOed by, not OHKO versus.
[OTHER OPTIONS]
  • good
(remember to add your user ID)

Still several GP issues but ill probs AM check this myself to go over those once this gets out of QC.

QC 1/2
dnagerbdager.gif

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
qc check to ratio dnagerbdager

this doesnt need an Overview. This is something we'll be adding to the current Tapu Fini analysis so how we'll be doing it is we're essentially adding an additional part on the Overview onsite with one that talks about Choice Specs. The current one you have will be too long if we just slap it on as-is, either due to being superfluous or redundant, so we'll have to condense it. We'll deal with that later, or live on Discord if you prefer.

Set Comments
  • The order of the moves you talk about should match how it's listed on the set. Thus, Hydro -> Moonblast -> Muddy Water
  • Hydro contains some "fluff", bits of information that doesn't really add anything and makes the write-up longer. "Hydro Pump is Tapu Fini's most powerful attack, backed up by STAB and Choice Specs." and "However, Hydro Pump can be unreliable with a chance to miss the opposing target." take up a lot of space for info that readers already know; while I get that you're emphasizing its role as a power option and its inaccuracy, ideally this is information that you are subtly weaving in towards the more practical aspects of Tapu Fini. The information about hitting the SE targets you mentioned is good, though. Aim for something like "Hydro Pump is Tapu Fini's best, though somewhat unreliable, attacking option for raw power, hitting... (segue to SE targets)." Notice something like this essentially does the same thing you did but with less space taken.
  • Front the part about Moonblast being a reliable damage option, and put the SE targets secondary.
OO
  • There should not be an OO for this, because it's just for an additional set. Trick should be in Set Comments (does not have to be slashed). The part about going Modest should be in the same bullet as the one talking about its nature and spread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)