SS Ubers Chasing Fire

tJU01OlV.png

(Artwork by Gravity Monkey)
:ss/arcanine: :ss/corviknight: :ss/rotom-wash: :ss/tyranitar: :ss/excadrill: :ss/mewtwo:
Chasing Fire
Hello, everyone! I have recently been playing Ubers and found out that Arcanine is a great Zacian check due to being a Fire type with Intimidate and is fun to use. This is a balance team, as it has some defensive backbones and offensive cleaners to it. As I dont enjoy using teams that get walled or checked by something, I thought balance was the perfect opportunity for a team. I made an RMT to show the teams recent success and I will appreciate any feedback from you guys on this team.

Before we start the RMT, here was my teambuilding process while making this team:

:arcanine:Arcanine is the Zacian Check of the team and also works as a solid physical wall that can force out some switches.
:corviknight: The defogger of the team as well as the Ground immunity. Corviknight has a more useful typing over other Defoggers, which is why i chose it to be in the team. It is also a U-Turn pivot.
:rotom-wash: A bulky water resist as well as a Volt Switch pivot. It is also a second Ground immunity with Levitate.
:tyranitar: Tyranitar is the Eternatus check of the team and sets up Stealth Rocks.
:excadrill: Excadrill is the electric immunity of the team and forms a sand core with Tyranitar, making it faster enough to break through teams.
:mewtwo: Mewtwo is the Dynamax abuser and cleaner of the team. With +1 speed from Max Airstream, it's a great speed control along with Sand Rush Excadrill.

Now, let's get on with the team!

THE TEAM

:ss/arcanine:
heavy-dutyboots.png
Arcanine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
heavy-dutyboots.png
Ability: Intimidate​
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD​
Bold Nature​
IVs: 0 Atk​
- Flamethrower​
- Will-O-Wisp​
- Morning Sun​
- Roar​
Arcanine is the star of the team! As I mentioned before, Arcanine is a great physical pivot with Intimidate that is also used to check Zacian, which is a big staple in the metagame right now. Flamethrower is the STAB move that damages Pokemon like Zacian and Melmetal. Flamethrower is used over Flare Blitz because of its recoil damage, which is a problem for Arcanine. Will-O-Wisp helps cripple physical attackers outside of Intimidate. Morning Sun is Arcanine's recovery which is useful for staying alive. Roar is a phasing move used to prevent setup sweepers such as Gyarados trying to get over its Intimidate/Will-O-Wisp. It also forces out incoming switch-ins.

----------------------------------------------------------

:ss/corviknight:
leftovers.png
Corviknight @ Leftovers
leftovers.png
Ability: Pressure​
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD​
Careful Nature​
- Defog​
- Roost​
- Brave Bird​
- U-turn​
Corviknight is the defogger of the team and the primary Ground immunity. Thanks to its typing and solid bulk, it helps prevent cleaners such as Rapid Spin Excadrill from sweeping this team. Roost is Corviknight's recovery option. Brave Bird is a solid STAB option that kills off weakened foes. Finally, U-Turn makes Corviknight a great pivot since it can give the team free switch-ins (such as Arcanine switching into +1 Excadrill for Intimidate.) All this makes Corviknight the defensive backbone of the team.

:ss/rotom-wash:
leftovers.png
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
leftovers.png
Ability: Levitate​
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpA / 216 Spe​
Timid Nature​
- Volt Switch​
- Hydro Pump​
- Toxic​
- Pain Split​

Rotom Wash is the water resist of the team and the secondary pivot! With the addition of Pokemon Home, Rotom Wash now gets back Toxic and Pain Split, which are two very useful moves for it. It is able to tank a Fishious Rend from Dracovish, especially when Dynamaxed, and Toxic/kill it off as it can be problematic for the rest of this team. If not facing a Mold Breaker Excadrill, Rotom Wash also provides another ground immunity and is another defensive backbone to the team.

:ss/tyranitar:
leftovers.png
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
leftovers.png
Ability: Sand Stream​
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 SpD​
Brave Nature​
- Stealth Rock​
- Earthquake​
- Flamethrower​
- Crunch​

Tyranitar is the Stealth rock setter of the team and is also an Eternatus check, which is another big staple in the metagame. Tyranitar's useful Sand Stream also not only boosts its Special Defense, but chips the rest of the opponents team. Tyranitar is also a strong Pokemon with excellent coverage moves. Earthquake is used to hit Eternatus, Zacian, etc. and do a chunk of damage. Flamethrower hits Ferrothorn and Corviknight, which seem to wall the rest of Tyranitar's moves. Finally, Crunch is the STAB move and hits ghosts such as Dragapult, which Tyranitar also walls. A brave nature is used because due to Tyranitar's excellent and much needed bulk, it simply cannot be lowered for Tyranitars attack.

:ss/excadrill:
leftovers.png
Excadrill @ Leftovers
leftovers.png
Ability: Sand Rush​
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe​
Adamant Nature​
- Swords Dance​
- Earthquake​
- Iron Head​
- Rock Slide​

Excadrill is the electric immunity of the team and also provides a great sand core with Tyranitar, who is usually the lead of the team. Excadrill's ability in Sand Rush makes it a great threatening Pokemon and becomes a speed control for the team. It can also be used as a setup sweeper with Swords Dance to even make itself more threatening. Leftovers is used over Life Orb due to how Excadrill benefits badly from taking recoil damage. Earthquake and Iron Head are it's hard-hitting STAB moves, while Rock Slide is a coverage option used to hit Flying types (especially Corviknight, which walls Excadrill.)

:ss/mewtwo:
life-orb.png
Mewtwo @ Life Orb
life-orb.png
Ability: Pressure​
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe​
Timid Nature​
- Nasty Plot​
- Psystrike​
- Flamethrower​
- Hurricane​

Finally, Mewtwo is the Dynamax sweeper and cleaner of the team. Mewtwo is a very strong and threatening Pokemon due to its high Special Attack, Speed, and new addition in Nasty Plot, which makes it a great sweeper. When Dynamaxed, Mewtwo can be much more of a threat. Max Airstream can boost its speed by 1, allowing it to outspeed Zacian and choice scarfers, Max Mindstorm setting up Psychic Terrain, which boosts Mewtwos signature move, Psystrike, and Max Flare, which sets up sun, boosting the power of Flamethrower. Beware of some Pokemon such as Tyranitar, as they can potentially wall Mewtwo. Life Orb makes Mewtwo a strong cleaner with and without Nasty Plot.

That's the team for all, folks! Feel free to ask questions about my team and rate them. I'll test out anything. In conclusion, I find this team fun and easy to use as I dont have to worry as often about getting checked by certain things anymore.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1072446298 - An easy battle won by Sand Rush Excadrill.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1071960668 - A horrific Trick Room team, but the guy just left out against my Rotom Wash and I still managed to win.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1071948870 - Arcanine is more seen in this battle, making an easy win against a Necrozma Dusk Mane.

Arcanine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Roar

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic
- Pain Split

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Crunch

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psystrike
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

:mewtwo: Nasty Plot Mewtwo - +2 SpA Mewtwo sweeps through most of this team effortlessly. Tyranitar and Excadrill are some key plays to defeating Mewtwo, as well as Arcanine to prevent Mewtwo from sweeping.
:melmetal: :hatterene: Trick Room Teams - This team hardly relies on any priority to outspeed Trick Room, so most wallbreakers can easily threaten this team. Tyranitar can be a decent counterplay under Trick Room, however, as it is running a Brave Nature.

20200302_222707.jpg

This has been Arcanine and the Squad.

Also known as, Chasing Fire.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)