Pokémon Ceruledge

Don't underestimate this pokemon. It has great offensive typing, a super powerful recovery move and priority. It can also run things like Bulk Up, Destiny Bond and Will-O-Wisp. Yeah it may be a little on the slower side but it's positive attributes make up for that. I am very impressed with Ceruledge.

This guy's thread is a little to ghostly for me and I registered for this. Im very new. No interest in competitive singles till Gen 7 and Ive really dived in heavy with this gen so Im inexperienced. Thus take this post as the words of a novice. Ceruledge is easily my favorite pokemon from Gen 9. He looks like a Megaman Battle Network Net Navi and Ghost is my favorite type. Thus Ive been trying every variation of this guy trying to make him work and this set Ive found the most success with across teams. I havent ran any calcs.

(Ceruledge) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Bitter Blade
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Shadow Sneak

Between the Swords Dance Weak Armor set and this one Ive had vastly more success with the Bulk Up variant. Bug Tera plus Flash Fire is absolutely insane. Theres not many threats Ive come across with powerful enough Flying or Rock STAB to OHKO this guy with +1 and Im assuming theres mostly Weak Armor Ceruledge running around on the ladder cause many people throw Fire moves with reckless abandon. Being able to jump in on a Will O Wisp can also swing the game in a crazy way, wasting an opponent's turn while gaining a benefit from it with a healthy Ceruledge in ready to Bulk Up. I like to take Leftovers over Heavy Duty Boots as the recovery from Leftovers + Bitter Blade easily deals with hazard damage. That being said however I find it vastly beneficial to have a team that keeps hazards off the field as you dont want to give your opponent any opportunity to OHKO Ceruledge before he starts powering up. Corviknight I find to be his best partner as the slow U Turn will often get Ceruledge in when an opponent finds themselves walled by Corviknight. Plus Corviknight baits Fire moves. Doesnt happen as often with Chi Yu banned. I was definitely getting loads of Flash Fire boosts from Chi. I find Ceruledge able to function well enough without its Flash Fire Ability but in many games getting one off drastically swings the momentum in your favor. Ceru has enough bulk to survive most attacks after it Teras and so long as the opposing pokemon doesnt resist Fire moves, after one Bulk Up you can begin recovering whatever HP you lost. Shadow Sneak is great coverage and deals with a non Tera Scarf Gholdengo., a threat that makes Corviknight again shine as Ceruledge's partner as you can bait it out with the threat of a Defog. Ive swept many teams both at the start of games and late game. Ceruledge definitely struggles in a lot of situations and to me this feels like one of those situations where a pokemon's signature move makes them a better pokemon than they actually are. The absolutely insane longevity from a boosted Bitter Blade makes me love this pokemon a lot. A giant negative I have found is that this is definitely one of those pokemon you absolutely want to Tera, leaving you in many situations where you have to decide if it would be more beneficial to tera another pokemon or save it for Ceruledge.

I would love to hear any advice/experiences for Ceruledge you guys have had.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
(Ceruledge) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Bitter Blade
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Shadow Sneak

I would love to hear any advice/experiences for Ceruledge you guys have had.
Think this is the accepted standard set, but SpDef is more common to tank Make it Rain and Specs Pult's Draco. That said, this has become underwhelming and inconsistent since people caught on; between the opportunity cost of needing to Tera for omnipresent Tusk and the fact that Ceruledge will never get past Garg/Dozo in any case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)