Celesteela Discussion

This thing is huge. And it surpasses Primal Groudon to be the heaviest of all Pokémon.

Height: 30'02"
Weight: 2,204.4 lbs.
Holy shit that is one heavy pokemon... Heavy slam doesn't work by the difference right? it just goes by what the foes weight is? If it is difference... I think this would hit almost every pokemon bare a few for max damage

And 30 feet too?! I can't wait to see how it looks in game. Like is it Alolan Exxeggutor levels of lol?

And the more I see these UB's, the more I am sure they are tied to Deoxys

Holy shit that is one heavy pokemon... Heavy slam doesn't work by the difference right? it just goes by what the foes weight is? If it is difference... I think this would hit almost every pokemon bare a few for max damage

And 30 feet too?! I can't wait to see how it looks in game. Like is it Alolan Exxeggutor levels of lol?

And the more I see these UB's, the more I am sure they are tied to Deoxys
According to this, everything below 440.88 lbs will be hit by a 120BP Heavy Slam from Celesteela.

Yeah I can see this being like Princess Kagura. I like that idea.

Seems like a solid set, but I think the last move is better as a support or buff move, since it has quite a few good ones.

Heavy Slam
Earthquake
Seed Bomb
Toxic/leech seed/Automize
Well the whole gimmick of assault vest is that you can't use support moves so... yeah :D

Well the whole gimmick of assault vest is that you can't use support moves so... yeah :D
Yeah true. I should have mentioned you would need to remove assult vest. I just feel it has some great support moves to help, and Automize can really assist it as well. Still AS works well on it

Yeah true. I should have mentioned you would need to remove assult vest. I just feel it has some great support moves to help, and Automize can really assist it as well. Still AS works well on it
Ah okay^^ It's a realy shame it didn't get roost, a roost+3attacks set would've been great. Or just defensive sets a la Skarmory.

Yeah... the image doesn't really give the full scale of these things. Celesteela is 30 feet tall and Kartana is 1 foot tall. And they're both equally terrifying.

One of the interesting things about heavy slam on this thing is that it's SO heavy, that you can get away with using autotomize on it without losing very many max power weight matchups. Except for the very heaviest pokemon (most of whom are ubers you wouldn't see with it, ground and/or steel types you wouldn't use it on anyways or shitmons like Snorlax/Avalugg/Exeggutor A) you can still get max power in most cases. There aren't any relevant pokemon that I can think of where heavy slam would have lower BP than iron head.

Ok, so I just ran calcs and this thing's Heavy Slam does 120 damage to like 90% of all Pokemon. A good portion of the remaining mons take 100 damage (still better than Iron Head) and a good amount take 80 damage (same as Iron Head). Here are the non-Ubers who take less than 80 damage: Aggron, Buzzwole, Exeggutor-Alolan, Heatran, Mega Aggron, Probopass, Regigigas, Snorlax, Steelix, Wailord, Avalugg, Celesteela, Guzzlord, Mega Metagross, Mega Steelix, Metagross, Mudsdale, and Zygarde-Complete. Against these mons, you'd likely want to use Earthquake or flying coverage anyway, or they're bad to begin with (Wailord, Avalugg, etc.).

When using Autotomize, Heavy Slam is only worse than Iron Head against these relevant opponents (those who you may want to use Steel moves against): Crabominable, Drampa, Regice, Aurorus, Crustle, Dhelmise, Dragonite, Necrozma, Regirock, Scolipede, Beartic, Tyranitar, Gigalith, Golem-Alolan, Mamoswine, Mega Glalie, Mega Tyranitar, Tyrantrum, Terrakion, Zygarde, and Palossand.

Ok, so I just ran calcs and this thing's Heavy Slam does 120 damage to like 90% of all Pokemon. A good portion of the remaining mons take 100 damage (still better than Iron Head) and a good amount take 80 damage (same as Iron Head). Here are the non-Ubers who take less than 80 damage: Aggron, Buzzwole, Exeggutor-Alolan, Heatran, Mega Aggron, Probopass, Regigigas, Snorlax, Steelix, Wailord, Avalugg, Celesteela, Guzzlord, Mega Metagross, Mega Steelix, Metagross, Mudsdale, and Zygarde-Complete. Against these mons, you'd likely want to use Earthquake or flying coverage anyway, or they're bad to begin with (Wailord, Avalugg, etc.).

When using Autotomize, Heavy Slam is only worse than Iron Head against these relevant opponents (those who you may want to use Steel moves against): Crabominable, Drampa, Regice, Aurorus, Crustle, Dhelmise, Dragonite, Necrozma, Regirock, Scolipede, Beartic, Tyranitar, Gigalith, Golem-Alolan, Mamoswine, Mega Glalie, Mega Tyranitar, Tyrantrum, Terrakion, Zygarde, and Palossand.
Thanks for doing the list. Thats pretty dang good, and it seems heavy slam will always be your go to option

This thing is making me reconsider getting Sun instead of Moon. I like Pheromosa more than Buzzwole as well... but muh Solgaleo... it's a tough choice.

Definite uber. Probably the best ultra beast.
Can you, uh, offer an argument to support that? While this guy looks solid he lacks recovery and his stats are all kind of average, especially when you put it next to Kartana's ridiculous Attack and good Speed, or even Pheromosa's status as a poor man's Deoxsys-A.

It'll definitely be a solid pick in whatever tier it ends up in, but it lacks Kartana's completely broken offensive stats, doesn't have a particularly amazing movepool, and, while it may be bulky, isn't quite a Skarmory-level behemoth on the defensive side seeing as it lacks reliable recovery.

Here's hoping it gets some good tutor moves in whatever games come after these (Fingers are still crossed for D/P/Pt remakes). Offensively, it has quite a bit to work with, but its support movepool is just awkward.

That's why I'm thinking an Assault Vest would work well on him, as not only does it help complement his good natural bulk, but it also works decently well with Beast Boost allowing him to pose a serious threat to both slower stall and balance teams and frailer offensive teams late-game. Even with the nerf, paralysis support would do wonders in letting him outspeed some things that would otherwise check him, like Heatran, but unfortunately doesn't help him at all with his number one enemy in Electrics (Mega Manectric, Raikou, Thundurus, Magnezone).

However, I was running some calcs earlier and it seems that most Electrics 2HKO him with or without the Vest, so it doesn't seem to make a difference in a 1v1. Maybe an Automotize set with Life Orb might be a good idea, I might have to give that a try too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)