Gen 7 Casual Team I'd Like (Potentially) Optimized

It's been a while since I finished Pokemon Sun and Moon. I didn't have an inkling of understanding of what was meta or what isn't, and that's how this team came about. I tried to recreate it in terms of moveset but honestly I don't mind too much about keeping the same moves and abilities and such. This team just has a bit of sentimental value to me and I was wondering if it was possible to optimize them at all for any competitive play. I'm not really aiming for any specific metagame, just one where they might fit the best. Thanks in advance for anyone who gives this a look.

This pretty little number is Alelli. Pyukumuku is one of my favorite pokemon and ever since I first saw it announced I knew I had to have one to my team. She was basically the stall pokemon before I even knew what stall was (and it doesn't really work that well for story mode). I believe I had set her up with a Rocky Helmet, and her ability was Innards Out. Her moves were Counter, Recover, Toxic and Soak. I know based off just surface level knowledge now that these moves aren't that good. I also know that Pyukumuku can kind of completely slow down the momentum of a team so I feel like if anyone on my team is gonna be a problem child it's either her or my upcoming rock type

Next up is Maoa, the Kangaskhan. Now, I've seen that video "How good was Kangaskhan actually" so I know this is a bit of an uphill battle and she's not very good in higher tiers but I'm interested to see if I can make her work with the rest of the ream. I remember giving her a black belt, but again I'm fine with switching up items. her ability was Scrappy and her moves were Brick Break, Fakeout, Dynamic Punch and Hammer Arm. She was basically the allout powerhouse of my team so I stacked her up with all the offensive moves that I thought were good. I think she could probably serve as a nice powerhouse but I don't know the slightest thing about setting up sweeps outside of like, use Swords Dance lol.

Peoli (Primarina) had always been my special attacker, and one that I had a fondness towards. I don't have as much to say about him, though. I think if I didn't give him a z-crystal I just gave him primarium Z and made him use him Oceanic Operetta Z-Move constantly. Either way, I gave him Sparkling Aria, Hydro Pump, Moonblast and Dazzling Gleam as I clearly wanted to focus on STAB with the water and fairy typings. Again, she was mainly mean to be a special attacker, and that was basically just the niche she filled on my casual team. Her ability was Torrent.

Alolan Muk, or as she was named when I got her, Goop, was the tankiest pokemon on my team. She was just a physical and special tank through and through, and I really used that to my advantage. I think she had Gluttony, which I already know is not the best ability for her and would probably need to be exchanged for Poison Touch. I do remember giving her leftovers though to accentuate how bulky and tanky she was for me throughout the game. Her moves were Gunk Shot, Crunch, Poison Jab and Rock Slide. I think she's served me well and I'd be really excited to convert her to a more competitive setting.

Sharli was the speedster that I sent in to mess up everyone else on the field, basically. This is the one whose moves I remember the least, unfortunately, but I think it was something like Psychic, Thunderbolt, Agility and DIscharge. I also remember giving him a Psychium-Z so that I could get access to the sick psychic Z-Move. i think that ultimately he could serve as a good sweeper if I figure out how to get the setup done just right. Outside of that he is a little bit frail but I think he could work well as a fast hitter on the team.

Last one is Fellia, my Sudowoodo. I don't even remember what I had her hold, but I do know I gave her Wood Hammer, Earthquake, Rock Slide and Head Smash. I believe her abiltiy was Rock Head because of this but I could be wrong. either way, I remember her being the most fragile member of my team. I also saw the "How Good was Sudowoodo Actually" and I know that the answer is not very lol. I still would like to give this sixth member on my team a chance though, and see if overall these six members could turn into a functioning team.

So, what's the diagnoses, doc? Is any of this team salvagable or am I just gonna have to face the fact that this can't be competitive?

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
Your mons are all over the place in tier placement, you're better off building a new team from scratch for competitive. Make sure to pick a tier and build a team for it, not the other way around. Optimizing in game teams for competitive in general is really difficult with having to replace more than half the team usually.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)