Tournament CAPPL VIII - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
CAPPL VIII Manager Signups

Alright pals, we once again find ourselves on the brink of another CAP Premier League. As is custom with any team tournament, we're going to need qualified users to manage each team. What this generally involves is scouting out each player who signs up, formulating a coherent strategy for the draft, maintaining correspondence with me in regards to weekly lineups and potential substitutions, keeping your team active and well coordinated, and approaching staff with any issues as the tournament progresses.

We're planning on having 6 total managers each with their own assistant managers for CAPPL VIII. Later in the week a thread will be posted for discussion of general policy for this tournament. In terms of the time commitment, you can expect to be involved with CAPPL until mid August.

Now if you've read the above and feel that you're both willing and qualified to be a manager, please make a post in this thread using the following format:
Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager: 
Team Name:
List of Accomplishments:
CAP Involvement:
Why you would make a good manager:
Signups will be open until Sunday, June 12th at 11:59pm GMT-5.

pannu

THE GONG OF KNOCKOUT
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Manager: pannuracotta
Assistant Manager: Kate
Team Name: Aogiri Aurumoths
List of Accomplishments: uhh i won ndpl 1 and play in om tours a bit i guess kate is like the best nd / ag / ubers player
CAP Involvement: i consistently play in every team tour cap has, and have been doing so for over a year, and try my hardest to interact with the community, kate has experience playing and building sscap
Why you would make a good manager: we know the playerbase, and people outside it as well, and im confident we can create a fun and enjoyable team tour experience for all of our awesome players we will draft.

Last edited:

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
note so tadasuke doesn't skin me: this is not a real signup post. anyhway here is my siignup post

manager: shnowshner
assistant manager: http://replaystats-eo.herokuapp.com/
team name: cappl viii usage stats & replays
list of accomplishments: finishing up the remainder of the capcl usage stats & replays
cap involvement: writes wordy forum posts, plays in tours ig, talks too much on discord, finishing up the remainder of the capcl usage stats & replays
why you would make a good manager: i have much free time and nobody else wants to do this stuff

It is my promise to both the CAP Community, and to myself, that this Replays & Usage Stats thread for the 8th iteration of the CAP Premier League will be updated regularly as each week passes, and formatted in a way that it provides an ample resource for metagame analysis, research, development, and history. No matter what physical or mental barriers may present themselves during this time, I will commit fully to ensuring that the thread is maintained to the highest caliber, and should any dire circumstances arise that prevent me from contributing as desired, I will relay such information towards the plentiful respected users of these forums to carry out the work in my absence.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Me and Rabia are gonna run back the Weathermen Whimsicotts
We had success in the past, both have done insanely well in individuals, + I managed to get to semifinals of last teamtour as the Asuka Langley Staryus. We both even dipped our big toe in the pool of CAP as a process
Also Rabia is now jacked as shit so I wouldn't say "no" if I were you...

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Manager: me
Assistant Manager: Brambane
Team Name: Cannon Crawlers
List of Accomplishments: I won Cyclohm Cup back to back, went undefeated this Cyclohm Cup; I was also on PUWC, LCWC, and UUWC rosters for India. Brambane managed the Steelix D's to a finals tiebreak last winter team tournament.

CAP Involvement: I've participated in every CAP circuit tour since the circuit's inception+every team tour since CAPPL 6 and Brambane's participated in every circuit tour since last year's summer seasonal+the last two teamtours, the last of which our team made it to the finals. Both of us have taken part in the CAP process extensively over the last few years.

Why you would make a good manager: Both of us have a strong hold on the current metagame and on the playerbase, and value innovative teambuilding. We're both motivated for this tour and promise to make this edition of CAPPL a memorable and entertaining one for our team members.

also we can both draw and the other teams can't.

1654264979823.png

Wulfanator

Clefable's wish came true!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Wulfanator
Assistant Manager: SHSP
Team Name: Storming Saharajas
List of Accomplishments: Won CAP Snake Draft, managed & won CAPPL VII
CAP Involvement: I have been around for 4 years. I have worked on 60% of the Gen 8 projects (Astrolotl Typing, Venomicon TL, Camel Stats).
Why you would make a good manager: I have done it once and I got bossman SHSP now. Fear us.

Last edited:

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
Manager: Wulfanator
Assistant Manager: SHSP
Team Name: [reserving camel once it has a name]
List of Accomplishments: Won CAP Snake Draft, managed & won CAPPL VII
CAP Involvement: I been around for 4 years. I have worked on 60% of the Gen 8 projects (Astrolotl Typing, Venomicon TL, Camel Stats).
Why you would make a good manager: I have done it once and I got bossman SHSP now. Fear us.
me lying to myself and others:
1654491420855.png

Wulf and I won't make it close let's go camels

Garrett

Banned deucer.
Manager: BasedWhat?
Assistant Manager: Eledyr
Team Name: Gorbachev Wallbreakers (art pending)
CAP Involvement: Assman is French (life on max difficulty). I won CAP STABMons and host all the fun CAP OM tours with Spoo.
Accomplishments: I undeservedly did well last CAPPL in bumass ORAS.
Why you would make a good manager: If pannu can sign up to manage then the bar was just low enough for me to slip in. I bring good energy, build a lot for everything I know and learn tierwise, and have a powerful, omniscient meme game that will keep people annoyed but around.

Eledyr has French connections.

Last edited:

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
Manager: BasedWhat?
Assistant Manager: Eledyr
Team Name: Gorbachev Wallbreakers (art pending)
CAP Involvement: Assman is French (born on max difficulty). I won CAP STABMons and host all the fun CAP OM tours with Spoo.
Accomplishments: I undeservedly did well last CAPPL in bumass ORAS.
Why you would make a good manager: If pannu can sign up to manage then the bar was just low enough for me to slip in.
Confirming this, I'm assmaning and French (born on max difficulty)

Maxouille

Gastrodon east sea <3
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Manager: ME
Assistant Manager: Brigtel
Team Name: Filibusting Fidgits
List of Accomplishments: I qualified to both CAPLT and OLT, won budget cap, made final of circuit, swiss, sm cap ect
CAP Involvement: I played in CAPPL 5 and 6, also this
Why you would make a good manager: First and probably the most important, Im finally done with school and Ive a lot of freetime to shedule to help my teammates, my assistant manager speaks english natively and Ive a good knowledge of both the cap playerbase and the french playerbase (im part of the french CAP discord as well) + i can manage to get Atha in maybe.

Last edited:
Manager: ME
Assistant Manager: Brigtel
Team Name: Filibusting Fidgits
List of Accomplishments: I qualified to both CAPLT and OLT, won budget cap, final of circuit, swiss, sm cap ect
CAP Involvement: I played in CAPPL 5 and 6, also this
Why you would make a good manager: First and probably the most important, Im finally done with school and Ive a lot of freetime to shedule to help my teammates, my assistant manager speaks english natively and Ive a good knowledge of the playerbase + i can manage to get Atha in maybe.
Confirming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)