Resource CAP Updates Rules and Guidelines

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Due to this thread, we're completing CAP Updates tomorrow (Friday). If you want to lend a hand and help out, join our Discord channel here:

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-live-chatrooms.3600399/

You do not need any experience with CAP to help! We're looking for people with an hour or two of free time on their hands to do some simple data entry. We've got a cool community and would love your help. However, please be advised that this is NOT A PLATFORM FOR YOU TO SHARE WHICH BUSTED MOVES SHOULD BE ADDED TO A CAP. We have done months of ground work as a community on each of these CAPs. If you're going to be making competitive requests to updates in movepools, you better be well-acquainted with the CAP metagame and have reasoning to back it up. If that's not you, don't worry! We could still use your help with managing these movepools and getting the code all ready for the Showdown gang to upload them. Contact me on Discord if you're looking to help.

All rules of the Create-A-Pokemon Project apply to this forum. Stay on topic, keep focused, and let's get these updates completed! Once we're all done, this forum will move to a subforum of the CAP Process Archive subforum. Thanks!

Last edited:

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to CAP Updates Friday! You're going to find me on Discord, so hit me up if you're available to help. The Update Leaders and I will be working all day until we get this done. That being said, there is a lot of conversation to be had, along with help getting things formatted.

Now, I've got something exciting to share. If you're familiar with crowdfunding projects (Kickstarter, Indiegogo), you'll know that they often have something called "stretch goals." I've been able to contact The Immortal and Kris to collaborate with us on a single stretch goal. So, let me present the CAP Updates progress bar:

CAP Updates Progress Bar:
█████████████████████████████

If we are able to get all CAPs completed today, we are going to implement a new CAP format on Pokemon Showdown: CAP 1v1! That's right, we're going to add an entirely new format to Pokemon Showdown that features our CAPs. It will incorporate pre-determined movesets of our 29 CAPs that we've built for the entire Smogon community to play on and get familiar with all of our designs. Team preview will feature three Pokemon, and one gets sent out for a single 1v1 match.

There will be a lot more information on this in the near future, but today, we need to focus on the CAP Updates. So please, take any discussion of CAP 1v1 to the #cap main channel on Discord. Do not get off-topic in that chat specifically, or I will be muting you from the channel for the day. So hop on, shoot me a message with @Birkal and we'll get going here!

Last edited:

Birkal

We have the technology.
WE DID IT!!!

Phew wow, congrats to everyone who helped make this happen. This would not have been possible without us all working as a team. I'll be posting some more about this process tomorrow. But for now: sleep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)