CAP Teambuilding Workshop [Open]

approved by snake_rattler
thanks to Airwind for running the previous thread
thanks to Lyd for allowing me to use his version as inspiration
banner by Bummer

Builders: Dj Breloominati♬ Frat Dude Jho, Jordy, Rage.Spam.Quit., SHSP, snake_rattler more people to be added; you can shoot me a pm if you think you're qualified

Introduction and Rules

Welcome to the CAP Teambuilding Workshop! In this thread you can request teams to be built around 1 or 2 Pokemon. Here are the rules you will have to follow:

• Cores are limited to a maximum of 2 Pokemon.
  • Furthermore, please include descriptions when requesting a core to be built around.
  • A Pokemon must be ranked B+ or above on the Viability Rankings to be included in a full core, this means that if you want to request a Pokemon below B+, you must request this Pokemon alone. It should be noted, though, that we will, as long as they're not ranked, allow exceptions for Smokomodo, Caribolt, and Snaelstrom.
  • Don't request any teams if the title says "[Closed]"
  • Please don't request multiple cores at the same time.
  • Make sure to think out your post before posting it. Please don't make any significant changes to the post once it's posted.
  • Don't bother any of our builders to fill your request quickly.
  • Please don't request cores that have absolutely no thought behind them. A core that does not follow this rule will likely be removed.

Request Post Template

You can use this template as an example of what your post should look like.

Code:
[I]Sprites here[/I]
[hide=Importable]
[/hide]
[I]Short description here[/I]

Current Requests

:psytear:

:psysly:

Last edited:

Frostbiyt

Not Exactly Helping
OK, so to start this thread off, I'd like to make a not so serious request. Because it's quite a gimmicky set to build around, I won't feel bad if none of the builders want to take it, but building a team around this mon may be a fun challenge. I also just like to see what I can get away with that is technically not against the rules, so without further ado, here is my request:

Meowstic is a fairly mediocre Pokemon in pretty much every way, but it has access to a move-ability combination that only one other Pokemon does and that is Prankster Assist. This combination allows it to use moves that other Pokemon on its team know and use them with +1 priority due to Prankster. Here's a link to the Bulbapedia page with more information on Assist.

I got this idea from a video Elo Bandit released a while back where he built a team around Prankster Assist Meowstic and used it in lower tiers, in it he goes over the limitations this puts on team building. The set I posted is the same set he used, but the only part of it that needs to stay the same is the Prankster + Assist combination.
Untitled.png

Last edited:

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Why do I end suggesting this mon so much ;-;

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Choice Band Victini is infamous for breaking things it shouldn't such as Toxapex, as making everything else explode in a matter similar to eating sugar-free gummy bears. It also carries pretty decent coverage to KO other threats as well as U-turn to pivot out of battle, just in case the authorities find out about its arson charges. Finally it has Trick as a way of cripple defensive mons like Chansey, limiting their choice of options and supporting our communist brothers. Overall, I think Victini is an interesting mon to try and build with, and should be a fun time for those who want to tackle it.

P.S. Entry is serious, I actually want to get a Choice Tini team, just wanted to have a little fun with my description.

Hi! I'm probably insane, because I decided to bring this of all things to be built around: Kitsunoh!
1543891464616.png

Kitsunoh (M) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Meteor Mash
- Shadow Strike
- Ice Punch
It's certainly weird looking at first, and will more likely than not lead you to question my actual sanity when I made this, but I found a few qualities in this "Set" for Kitsunoh that actually makes it viable. Though Hone Claws isn't stupendous for setup, in fact probably one of the worst setup moves barring rare cases, it's all that Kitsunoh has. Despite it's underwhelming appearance, Kitsunoh has just barely enough bulk to use it once, and with it's blazing fast speeds and already moderately high Atk, it can take just one boost to effectively clean through a weakened team. It's also not that hard for Kitsunoh to set up, thanks to it's wonderful defensive typing. Meteor Mash is the obvious choice for the steel STAB after thinking about Iron Tail for awhile, because finishing someone off with Meteor Mash can give you a valuable Atk boost possibly needed to clean off the rest. Shadow Strike is the obvious ghost STAB, and Ghostium is there for all the delicious wallbreaking power it may need to break something like Kartana or Celesteela. Ice Punch is last because fuck Lando-T and Zyg. They're hella annoying, and Kit manages to punish any cocky ones that come in on it looking to set up in it's face and sweep, or just kill it.

If nothing is made with this, I won't be surprised, but I at least tried and provided my reasons for it's usage! :p

Hi JustPrimalDialgia0, sorry for the long delay, I got caught up with a bunch of schoolwork and time commitments, but here is finally your team.

https://pokepast.es/f3bca350d127c5f5
Sorry for replacing the premise of the team, which is Ghost Z Kitsunoh, but it was discussed among the builders that Scarf Kitsunoh is just too good in this meta to pass up, which is why we ultimately had to make the set Scarf, especially since Kit is one of the best pivots rn. Furthermore, it would help the team here since Scarf provides a solid check to Shell Smash Necturna and Mega Alakazam, both very threatening mons in the current meta. I chose EQ on Kit to beat Heatran and Mega Crucibelle, and it sports Defog so it can remove Stealth Rocks from Mega Crucibelle when threatening it out, since Mega Cruci is one of the best rockers, if not the best, in CAP atm. U-turn is standard momentum, and Shadow Strike is the standard ghost STAB of choice.

Next I have Magnezone to trap Celesteela and Ferrothorn so that the rest of the team’s jobs are easier. I have dual scarf bc Magnezone w/o scarf is kinda slow, and scarf zone also helps vs SD and Band Kartana.
Edit: I changed my mind and decided to put Electrium Z on Magnezone because a) it can OHKO offensive Heatran after rocks, which would otherwise annoy this team, and b) Choice Scarf forces it to lock into either Thunderbolt or Flash Cannon, both of which can be easily punished with a simple prediction by the opponent and both of which would be a much better STAB combo if Magnezone was able to switch between the moves.

Next I have AV Tangrowth w/ Sludge bomb to beat Caribolt and pressure Jumbao, as well as to serve as a Krilowatt and Koko answer, and it helps when pivoting vs Mega Alakazam too.

Arghonaut is to beat Fire types like Volkraken and Heatran, set is basically standard, except I opted for max defense so a) I can live one Cawmodore Acrobatics and Circle Throw it out if it gets a Belly Drum up, and b) it better deals with Mega Crucibelle and Smokomodo.

Lastly I have Tapu Koko to serve as the Torn-T counter and also is a way to pressure Arghonaut and Snaelstrom and other Flying-types and Water-types.

Last edited:
As much as I joke about CAP, your meta is one of the most unique ones out there so I have a request for you!
Revenankh @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Moonlight

This Pokémon has been on the decline and the Bulk Up set is a little matchup dependent but with the correct support, Revenankh can function as a bulky sweeper. It is also a decent check to top tier hoe Mega Crucibelle and priority Drain Punch is dope af. It overall just needs support so that its team has opened up enough holes to allow it to sweep in the late-game. You can change up the set as long as it's still Bulk Up Rev but other than that, thanks in advance!

Fidgit @ Focus Sash
Ability: Persistent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tailwind
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Spikes
I have always impress with tailwind and offensive pokemon that were quite slow like lele or gyarados those pokemon are strong wall breakers however they lack of speed that's why I think Fidgit with persistent and tailwind can boost the speed of those pokemon while can put hazzards like stealth rock and spikes for last taunt is to prevent an enemy taunt that can ruin this set, encore can also be an option but I prefer taunt due it can hurts some set up pokemon like meagearna or aurumoth and of course taunt beat defog.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)